The dire state of the SWTOR wikia...

TheRandomWolf

The wikia is one of the most helpful websites when it comes to a video-game title. A game like Guild Wars 2 has its wikia constantly updated and provides all sorts of information, tutorials, and explanations to almost every single topic. Sadly the same can't be said regarding SWTOR. The wikia is outdated, some pages are missing and it lacks polish. How are people supposed to find help if they can't even trust the wikia?

Let us also not forget the lack of proper guides. It's been a nightmare for me to gear up my characters because guides are either massively outdated or only respond to hardcore engame gear... How is this helpful? Answer: it's not. It's really lackluster and really makes one's gaming experience poor.

I was forced to organize my Sniper based on my Gunslinger settings. The wikia and some other sites didn't even have then new skills or renames... I had to screenshot and record things for myself. It ate a lot of time.

Edited by TheRandomWolf

The wikia is one of the most helpful websites when it comes to a video-game title. A game like Guild Wars 2 has its wikia constantly updated and provides all sorts of information, tutorials, and explanations to almost every single topic. Sadly the same can't be said regarding SWTOR. The wikia is outdated, some pages are missing and it lacks polish. How are people supposed to find help if they can't even trust the wikia?

Let us also not forget the lack of proper guides. It's been a nightmare for me to gear up my characters because guides are either massively outdated or only respond to hardcore engame gear... How is this helpful? Answer: it's not. It's really lackluster.

Well, you gotta have someone in order to update it.

Swtor barely keep up with the in-game update (who most of the time are filled with game-breaking bugs due to the lack of staff). I doubt they have someone working on their wikia... At least not seriously. ^^'

Most of GW wikia is updated by fans and some by developers. Because of the lack of community and the state of the game it has nobody willing to update it. Best thing you can hope for is someone decides to pick up the slack.

That's a lot of effort for a very very small audience (I mean SWTOR's audience) unfortunately.

I haven't mentioned any official users working on the wikia. I'm fully aware that it's run by the fans. And there's plenty of reports stating that SWTOR has been doing far better than Guild Wars 2. As a matter of fact, Guild Wars 2 has been doing very poorly this year, but it still saw major improvements over their wikia and other sites.

So... are you trying to encourage people to volunteer their time updating the wiki? I already spend quite a bit of time volunteering for TorFashion, but I'd be happy to spend some time on the wiki if you are spearheading an initiative. Or are you just here to complain that other people aren't doing the work so you don't have to?

So... are you trying to encourage people to volunteer their time updating the wiki? I already spend quite a bit of time volunteering for TorFashion, but I'd be happy to spend some time on the wiki if you are spearheading an initiative. Or are you just here to complain that other people aren't doing the work so you don't have to?

I would work on it if I could. But sadly I don't have that much time, nor expert regarding the lore, and I barely have any idea how the mechanics work. I am also completely unfamiliar with the wiki's layouts. :(

I checked a few, but they were meant for hardcore endgame content. It's hard for me to find a working build for 228 or 230 sort of gear. All of them ask for Augments and other things that are out of my reach.

The Guides at Dulfys work fairly well with the lower gear ratings, if Augments are out of your reach, then no gearing/ rotation guide will really help you, an Crafting Guide or an Guild are then what you are seeking.

Well, you gotta have someone in order to update it.

Swtor barely keep up with the in-game update (who most of the time are filled with game-breaking bugs due to the lack of staff). I doubt they have someone working on their wikia... At least not seriously. ^^'

^^^This, they don't have the people to Update the site, the people that they do have have to work on in-game things. EA is not known for being a good Company that gives their other Tiered companies what they need in Man power, money and other resources like having a Real West coast server for that matter.:mad:

I checked a few, but they were meant for hardcore endgame content. It's hard for me to find a working build for 228 or 230 sort of gear. All of them ask for Augments and other things that are out of my reach.

Augments are optional if you are not doing Veteran Mode / Master Mode operations(and some Master Mode Flashpoints), or Ranked PvP.

As for a working build for 228 or 230 the answer is that it does not matter... it really doesn't. Everything below the above listed activities has bolster, so the game will give you the necessary stats required to clear the content. This is not elitist speak saying that the game is easy... it's simply a true statement. As long as you are wearing SOMETHING in all of your gear slots, then you don't have to worry about gear. The only time you need to min/max your gear is if you are doing that hard endgame content that all the guides that you can find are written for.

As for balancing your gear for all three roles for what it seems like your play style is...

For DPS - Get your Accuracy (Initiative) to 110.00% (736 points of Accuracy) Then balance the remainder of your stats between Critical (Adept) and Alacrity (Quick Savant)

For Heals - Balance between Critical (Adept) and Alacrity (Quick Savant)

For Tanks - Balance between Shield (Bastion) and Absorb (Bulwark)

For DPS and Heals you will get enough Power from your Mods (Use Lethal unlettered mods)

For Tanks you will get enough Defense from your Mods (Use Warding B Mods)