Nerfed a Little Too Hard?

OscarDivine

EMP Missile is now bugged again after the nerf to the damage to AoE targets. It now does only 50% damage even to the primary target as well.

Maybe if the coding is just too difficult to separate out the main target vs the AoE Targets, you should just reduce the damage from 369 to 285 (or some other similar number) and just leave it there for all targets.

This damage nerf is making the missile very unattractive right now and really only benefits from the lock out feature of the missile more than the actual damage other than being a killshot on a low HP Target

Edit: I realize now that I had misunderstood the intent of the changes. This is indeed intended

Edited by OscarDivine

Yea, it looks intended. I think that ALL targets are considered aoe targets, and there is no primary target. I'd like to see that changed, and I suspect it is a result of a technical limitation. I also think it was nerfed a bit too much. But, we did want less controls, and now there are less controls, all while controls remain pretty powerful. So that part, I think, worked right.

I was really hoping we would get a motivation to hit a meaningful target with EMP, instead of just having the EMP versus a turret do the same damage to the player that EMPing the player does, given that one is trivial and one requires both sides to play.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

There were some nerfs applied to the EMP weaponry with this last patch. However, there was one bug introduced on EMP missile. The intended functionality is:

Primary target received 100% damage.

Players enemies within the AoE sphere receive 50% damage.

No-player enemies within the AoE sphere receive 100% damage.

This bug should be fixed with 5.6.1. I hope this helps to clarify.