The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Anyone else excited for upcoming new Thrawn novel?

Rebamcfan

I know this is few days old news but since I haven't seen anyone else posting this yet: They've revealed the cover art for upcoming Thrawn sequel, "Alliances" (written by the very creator of Thrawn, Timothy Zahn again ^^) http://www.starwars.com/news/darth-vader-joins-the-grand-admiral-the-cover-of-thrawn-alliances, and it looks absolutely gorgeous in my opinion. :) I can't wait for this book to come out, oh I wish it would be June 2018 already :p

Anyone else excited for it? :D

Edited by Rebamcfan

Good, I was worried they were going to kill him off in that "Rebels" tv show. I do not like Ezra at all, and kind of hope that season 4 ends with the rebels getting wiped out...but that's just wishful thinking on my part. At least Thrawn will survive and hopefully not suffer a defeat. It would be his first, and probably a really dumb one since the show is fond of pulling things out of their butts.

Good, I was worried they were going to kill him off in that "Rebels" tv show. I do not like Ezra at all, and kind of hope that season 4 ends with the rebels getting wiped out...but that's just wishful thinking on my part. At least Thrawn will survive and hopefully not suffer a defeat. It would be his first, and probably a really dumb one since the show is fond of pulling things out of their butts.

I personally love Rebels. I've grown fond of Ghost crew over the past three seasons, especially since they've got nice references to Clone Wars and some characters from there, brings a nostalgia feeling. Addition of Thrawn made it even more better and exciting. Sure Ezra may feel bit irritating at times but I still like him and hope that he might survive. I'm more inclined to believe that Kanan will die, maybe by rescuing Hera.

As for Thrawn suffering defeat, we know from Bendu's prophecy that it will involve many arms. What those many arms are though, we don't know.

The first Thrawn book in the new Canon was epic. It felt like Zahn was excited to start from scratch with his most famous character. I'm really happy with whats happened to the character between on Rebels and the new Book. And apparently a Thrawn comic book is on its way within next few months.

I also love that the new book will be Vader and Thrawn together as the main characters, literally my two favorite SW villains.

I am guessing that this is going to help lay the groundwork for how the First Order came to be after the "chosen" remnants of the Empire retreat into the Unknown Regions from Jakku. As they laid out in the Aftermath series and Battlefront 2, the Contingency and Operation Cinder was supposed to effectively end the Empire in the event of Palpatine's death. Gallius Rax decided to do things a little differently.

Always excited for new novels of course, and Thrown being one of my favorite characters helps this., I still miss the old canon though.

The first Thrawn book in the new Canon was epic. It felt like Zahn was excited to start from scratch with his most famous character. I'm really happy with whats happened to the character between on Rebels and the new Book. And apparently a Thrawn comic book is on its way within next few months.

I also love that the new book will be Vader and Thrawn together as the main characters, literally my two favorite SW villains.

I'm excited to see what the two will do, and how they will work together. Thrawn doesn't know yet that Vader is Anakin Skywalker in reality so it will be interesting to see if he finds it out somehow, considering how they met during the Clone Wars, earning respect for one and another.

The "Thrawn" comic is an adaptation of the novel.

I hope they keep continuity and keep Thrawn alive so he ends up participating in the creation of the First Order (As I think is mentionned either by the Story Group or the Aftermath Trilogy) then apparently ditching them, meaning he might still be out there even as of TFA.

Imagine another trilogy revolving around the Unknown Regions of the current Canon with Thrawn as either the main vilain or an uneasy ally to the protagonist (If they aren't Resistance/New Republic). In fact, I'd rather see Rian Johnson work on that rather than the speculated Old Republic Trilogy.

Has it been confirmed anywhere that this new novel isn't set before the current season of Rebels in the Canon timeline?

Otherwise, it's far from certain that he won't still be finished off in the show.

Doubt he dies in the show tbh, maybe injured at the most. I could actually see the opposite happening in Rebels and he manages to wipe out the whole crew. It's very clear early on that the Filoni crew has allot of respect for the Thrawn character and the fact that they are working with Zahn himself. I just think it's unlikely he dies, and it'll kill one of the new Disney EUs biggest potential stars.

Thrawn appeared in the New Canon in full force with the first novel imo, and I think he is here to stay for a good bit.

Has it been confirmed anywhere that this new novel isn't set before the current season of Rebels in the Canon timeline?

Otherwise, it's far from certain that he won't still be finished off in the show.

I think Dave Filoni confirmed it that he'll survive the Rebels? I've seen it being said but as for source, I can't find any mention of it.

*Edit* Found the source, Filoni confirms that Thrawn lives beyond the events of Rogue One http://comicbook.com/starwars/2017/11/07/star-wars-rebels-thrawn-survives-rogue-one/