The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Which Faction Will be Overpopulated?

snipekid

I originally thought that the Republic would be overpopulated and sith would have less, but someone just posted that sith is overpopulated? I would expect him to be wrong...what are your thoughts? My thought is that more people would want to be on the good side.

Going by forum polls: sith, but since every mmo shows the 'bad' faction overpopulated in pre-launch forum polls, but then backflips after release, im not too worried.

Yeah indeed, plus, after christmas, every kid will get this game and all the kids usualy pick the "good" side

sith, on all servers, this isn't even a question every poll has shown it.

Yeah, I think it's about a 60/40 split on average. But I don't expect it to stay that way, those are launch numbers. I think republic pop will be larger on PVE servers after a few months.

empire obviously.

all the cool kids play the "bad guys" in the 00's

Yeah indeed, plus, after christmas, every kid will get this game and all the kids usualy pick the "good" side

ur stuck in the 90's lol.

every "kid's" wet dream is an evil ugly gigantic necro berserk ninja.

with spikes. and red eyes. and the good guys are just "gay" while the baddies are cool badases.

Edited by Apollonel

• 10 months later...

Well, 1 year's gone and now we see how it turned out. Sith are everywhere, Ilum balance was broken, PVP balance was insanely stupid (eu server) coz most top pvpers went for the imps, etc.

Imps look much more cool, the story lines more interesting, the whole style is 5 times better. Reps are crappy beggars with green/yellow/brown/white colour dresses. Only troopers look made me happy, so as now.

The operative ship is pure AWESOMENESS!!!!!!! The republic ships are simply tin cans with stupid design. What can i say... Sith all the way, tho i play Reps and never played imps but learnt a lot about them. If i didn't care about good/evil matters i'd play sith for sure. But the TOR writers made it clear - Sith are EVIL. So, my choice is reps anyway. Still i prefer strong oponents at wz and imps just suit the status.