Possibility that those who missed DvL may have another chance to earn Master Ranos?

TheParagade

Thanks for avoiding my question. To answer yours (again), I don't care how many people have any item. I really don't. I don't even want to keep it from anyone. I'm simply stating that BW issued a set of requirements for the item and I really don't have any sympathy for those who did not meet the stated requirements.

Again, my issue isn't with any item itself. It is with your attitude that people are owed an (additional) opportunity to acquire items that they missed out on.

Perhaps we misunderstand each other then. If you simply have no sympathy for someone who missed out, fine. I don't agree, but I don't have to. I only have a problem with those actively campaigning against these requests and their less than pleasant methods of doing so.

On the flip side, I do not claim that anyone is owed anything. BioWare is under no obligation to give anyone anything for money or for free, even the first time around, let alone subsequent times. But it doesn't hurt to ask. And I'm not the one asking. I have Ranos, I have most of what I want and I've made do for anything that I don't- I don't have the hutt trainer for one, but I busted my *** to get Satele and Malgus so now the point is personally moot. Do I support others asking for it? Yes I do. Becaus in an ideal world, what's the worst that can happen- BioWare says no. In this less-than-ideal world people are metaphorically jumped by other users for asking.

Edited by CrutchCricket

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nothing on yours. "I gave a corporation money, look how special I am. I should decide who gets what.":rolleyes:

My money and that of other subscribers is what keeps the lights on :rolleyes: and if you want to back pay for DvL or Nikko, I have no problem. Nikko was released back in 2015, sub in arrears means 24 months at $13 +/- $312 for Nikko as a new sub, or DvL was released June of 2016, so lets say 17 months at 13 and you pay $221.

I mean it is only fair to expect the same financial commitment from you or others for this game. I really want you to be special too

Thanks for avoiding my question. To answer yours (again), I don't care how many people have any item. I really don't. I don't even want to keep it from anyone. I'm simply stating that BW issued a set of requirements for the item and I really don't have any sympathy for those who did not meet the stated requirements.

Again, my issue isn't with any item itself. It is with your attitude that people are owed an (additional) opportunity to acquire items that they missed out on.

+1^^^^^

Do other MMOs have any subscriber incentives like SWTOR where they are for a limited time and don't come back? I have no idea, I've only ever played this MMO.

If other MMOs *do* have things like this do they also have to constantly do this song-and-dance with people who want stuffs they don't qualify for?

Some MMOs may have certain special events where, after the event is over, the items are no longer obtainable. For subscriber related rewards, most MMOs I have played do not have the exact date requirements SWTOR does. It's usually, "Be subscribed for X amount of time and get Y." With varying rewards for 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, etc.

Master Ranos is more of an event related reward. I think to meet some of the objectives you needed to be subscribed but you still had to meet the objectives; simply being a subscriber was insufficient.

Speaking of strictly subscriber rewards, I think it's more fair to offer incentives for the amount of time subscribed as opposed to simply being subscribed from one specific date to another. It also offers more incentives to stay subscribed rather than to just let a sub run out after the date requirements are met.

For event related rewards, I personally don't care if they bring back the DvL event or not. If they do then I would hope that they would offer different rewards for those who already have Ranos .. but then you'd likely get people complaining about not getting the new rewards as well.

There's just no way to keep everyone happy.

Do other MMOs have any subscriber incentives like SWTOR where they are for a limited time and don't come back? I have no idea, I've only ever played this MMO.

If other MMOs *do* have things like this do they also have to constantly do this song-and-dance with people who want stuffs they don't qualify for?

As far as I know, BW is the only company that I know that has this, what I consider, idiotic form of reward system for subscribers. As far as event rewards go, I can't recollect any that have, other than rewards given out during seasonal events like Christmas, Valentines, Halloween, etc. (whatever form they take in those games). But DvL wasn't a seasonal event, like Life Day.

I've played 6 different games since SWTOR launched, and have never seen anyone asking for things on their forums like they do here.

My money and that of other subscribers is what keeps the lights on :rolleyes: and if you want to back pay for DvL or Nikko, I have no problem. Nikko was released back in 2015, sub in arrears means 24 months at $13 +/- $312 for Nikko as a new sub, or DvL was released June of 2016, so lets say 17 months at 13 and you pay $221.

I mean it is only fair to expect the same financial commitment from you or others for this game. I really want you to be special too

Nah, you had to be subbed for, what 4 months to get Nico? So that's $15*4=$60. And I can't recall if DvL had a sub requirement, but say it did, you take the minimum time it would take you to do all those activities you had to do to get Ranos so anywhere from $15-60 again.

Now that we've established the situation, we're just haggling over price:D

Perhaps we misunderstand each other then. If you simply have no sympathy for someone who missed out, fine. I don't agree, but I don't have to. I only have a problem with those actively campaigning against these requests and their less than pleasant methods of doing so.

On the flip side, I do not claim that anyone is owed anything. BioWare is under no obligation to give anyone anything for money or for free, even the first time around, let alone subsequent times. But it doesn't hurt to ask. And I'm not the one asking. I have Ranos, I have most of what I want and I've made do for anything that I don't- I don't have the hutt trainer for one, but I busted my *** to get Satele and Malgus so now the point is personally moot. Do I support others asking for it? Yes I do. Becaus in an ideal world, what's the worst that can happen- BioWare says no. In this less-than-ideal world people are metaphorically jumped by other users for asking.

And now we're coming to a consensus. :t_smile:

I never said it was wrong to ask. I've only been railing against the idea that people are entitled, sometimes years later, to obtain items that were limited-time incentives.

To move this along, I'll give an example where I think BW did something wonderful. A lot of people were moaning about not having/being able to get the Party Jawa. That was an exclusive item and it still is. But BW just tweaked it and released something similar, but not the same with the Celebration Jawa. It even gave access to achievements tied to the Party Jawa. Fantastic!

So, maybe BW will create a companion called Master Sonar who has green skin and does all the same things. That would be A-OK.

As far as I know, BW is the only company that I know that has this, what I consider, idiotic form of reward system for subscribers. As far as event rewards go, I can't recollect any that have, other than rewards given out during seasonal events like Christmas, Valentines, Halloween, etc. (whatever form they take in those games). But DvL wasn't a seasonal event, like Life Day.

I've played 6 different games since SWTOR launched, and have never seen anyone asking for things on their forums like they do here.

Plenty do pre-order/launch items, I believe. But I don't know if people gripe about it.

And now we're coming to a consensus. :t_smile:

I never said it was wrong to ask. I've only been railing against the idea that people are entitled, sometimes years later, to obtain items that were limited-time incentives.

To move this along, I'll give an example where I think BW did something wonderful. A lot of people were moaning about not having/being able to get the Party Jawa. That was an exclusive item and it still is. But BW just tweaked it and released something similar, but not the same with the Celebration Jawa. It even gave access to achievements tied to the Party Jawa. Fantastic!

So, maybe BW will create a companion called Master Sonar who has green skin and does all the same things. That would be A-OK.

You know ... we don't have a Mirialan companion (or for that matter a Miraluka companion).

For those that don't know, in order to get the DvL companion (Master Ranos since Light Side won) during last year's Dark vs. Light event. You had to have earned the following achievements during the event.

Characters had to be created during the event. Pre-existing characters did not count towards achievements.

Heroic

Level 25

Legacy

1. Level 50
  2. Esseles/Black Talon
  3. Taral V/Boarding Party
  4. Maelstrom Prison/Foundry

Valiant

• Shadow of Revan (55-60)
  • KoTFE 1-9
  • Galactic Stronghold Intro

Champion

• KoTFE 10-16
  • 5 Alliance Alerts
  • Valor Rank 5

• Tacticals/Solos

1. Hammer Station
  2. Cademimu
  3. Red Reaper
  4. Battle of Ilum
  5. Kuat Drive Yards
  6. Korriban Incursion
  7. Battle of Rishi
  8. Athiss
  9. Taral V
  10. Boarding Party
  11. Directive 7
  12. Czerka Corporate Labs
  13. Depths of Manaan
  14. Assault on Tython
  15. Mandalorian Raiders
  16. Maelstrom Prison
  17. The Foundry
  18. The False Emperor
  19. Czerka Core Meltdown
  20. Legacy of the Rakata
  21. Blood Hunt

Eternal

• Level 65 Imperial
  • Level 65 Republic
  • Eternal Championship Round 5

Legendary Achievement:

1. Level 50 all 8 Classes
  2. Earn 1 mil credits
  3. Dark V
  4. Light V
  5. 550 all 6 Crafting Skills

• Armormech
    Armstech
    Artifice
    Biochem
    Cybertech
    Synthweaving

• 5 World Bosses

1. Rogue Cartel Warbot - Quesh
  2. Snowblind - Hoth
  3. Primal Destroyer - Belsavis
  4. Ulgo Siegebreaker - Alderaan
  5. Worldbreaker Monolith - Ziost

• 5 Operation Bosses

1. Karagga - Karagga's Palace
  2. Operator IX - Terror From Beyond
  3. Sparky - Ravagers
  4. Gate Commander Draxus - Dread Fortress
  5. Titan 6 - Scum and Villainy

• Hard Mode Flashpoints

1. Assault on Tython
  2. Athiss
  3. Battle of Ilum
  4. Battle of Rishi
  5. Blood Hunt
  6. Boarding Party
  7. Cademimu
  8. Czerka Core Meltdown
  9. Czerka Corporate Labs
  10. Depths of Manaan
  11. Directive 7
  12. Hammer Station
  13. Kaon Under Siege
  14. Korriban Incursion
  15. Legacy of the Rakata
  16. Lost Island
  17. Maelstrom Prison
  18. Mandalorian Raiders
  19. Taral V
  20. The Black Talon
  21. The Esseles
  22. The False Emperor
  23. The Foundry
  24. The Red Reaper

• Eternal Championship 1-10
    50 Gree Droids (Event)
    50 Rakgoul (Event)
    Infect 5 Players (Event)
    Complete 3 Bounties (Event)
    50 non player kills on Oricon
    5 GSF matches
    15 warzones
    Ziost Storyline

• 5 Datacrons

1. Ilum
  2. Makeb
  3. Nar Shadaa
  4. Oricon
  5. Voss

• Purchase Datacron Deco 1 mil
    50 kills with HK-51

I think that covers everything that was required.

Nah, you had to be subbed for, what 4 months to get Nico? So that's $15*4=$60. And I can't recall if DvL had a sub requirement, but say it did, you take the minimum time it would take you to do all those activities you had to do to get Ranos so anywhere from $15-60 again.

Now that we've established the situation, we're just haggling over price:D

On the contrary, I am proposing your payments are in arrears. A new sub would have to pay back to the date of issue, to bring the subscription current. Not the 4 month window, nor the time it takes to grind out DvL. I have, and others as well, paid my subscription since then. The price to quibble over might be what to charge for the subscription 12.99 or 14.99 per month. If some one wants to pay $300+ for Nico or $200+ for DvL great, then they can be just like me.

No. Especially now that Darth Hexid is available for only participating in 3x warzones. That's all of 45 minutes of effort - max.

^, I don't care what I have and don't, I don't have the CE items which I really want since they have the exclusive decorations but I'm not asking for them to come back as a form of purchase.

I would rather have exclusive be exclusive since that's what it was meant to be.

For those that don't know, in order to get the DvL companion (Master Ranos since Light Side won) during last year's Dark vs. Light event. You had to have earned the following achievements during the event.

Characters had to be created during the event. Pre-existing characters did not count towards achievements.

Heroic

Level 25

Legacy

1. Level 50
  2. Esseles/Black Talon

Valiant

• KoTFE 1-9

Champion

• KoTFE 10-16
  • 5 Alliance Alerts
  • Valor Rank 5

• Tacticals/Solos

1. Hammer Station
  2. Cademimu
  3. Red Reaper
  4. Battle of Ilum
  5. Kuat Drive Yards
  6. Korriban Incursion
  7. Battle of Rishi
  8. Athiss
  9. Taral V
  10. Boarding Party
  11. Directive 7
  13. Depths of Manaan
  14. Assault on Tython
  15. Mandalorian Raiders
  16. Maelstrom Prison
  17. The Foundry
  18. The False Emperor
  19. Czerka Core Meltdown
  20. Legacy of the Rakata
  21. Blood Hunt

Eternal

• Level 65 Imperial
  • Level 65 Republic

Legendary Achievement:

2. Earn 1 mil credits
  3. Dark V
  4. Light V

• Armormech
    Armstech
    Artifice
    Biochem
    Cybertech
    Synthweaving

• 5 World Bosses

2. Snowblind - Hoth

• 5 Operation Bosses

3. Sparky - Ravagers

• Hard Mode Flashpoints

1. Assault on Tython
  2. Athiss
  3. Battle of Ilum
  4. Battle of Rishi
  5. Blood Hunt
  6. Boarding Party
  7. Cademimu
  8. Czerka Core Meltdown
  9. Czerka Corporate Labs
  10. Depths of Manaan
  11. Directive 7
  12. Hammer Station
  13. Kaon Under Siege
  14. Korriban Incursion
  15. Legacy of the Rakata
  16. Lost Island
  17. Maelstrom Prison
  18. Mandalorian Raiders
  19. Taral V
  20. The Black Talon
  21. The Esseles
  22. The False Emperor
  23. The Foundry
  24. The Red Reaper

50 Gree Droids (Event)
    50 Rakgoul (Event)
    Infect 5 Players (Event)
    5 GSF matches
    15 warzones
    Ziost Storyline

• 5 Datacrons

1. Ilum
  2. Makeb
  3. Nar Shadaa
  4. Oricon
  5. Voss

50 kills with HK-51

You only had to get to the Eternal Level to get Master Ranos. So, no Master mode flashpoints, no world bosses, no operations.

Heroic

Level 25

Legacy

1. Level 50
  2. Esseles/Black Talon

Valiant

• KoTFE 1-9

Champion

• KoTFE 10-16
  • 5 Alliance Alerts
  • Valor Rank 5

• Tacticals/Solos

1. Hammer Station
  2. Cademimu
  3. Red Reaper
  4. Battle of Ilum
  5. Kuat Drive Yards
  6. Korriban Incursion
  7. Battle of Rishi
  8. Athiss
  9. Taral V
  10. Boarding Party
  11. Directive 7
  13. Depths of Manaan
  14. Assault on Tython
  15. Mandalorian Raiders
  16. Maelstrom Prison
  17. The Foundry
  18. The False Emperor
  19. Czerka Core Meltdown
  20. Legacy of the Rakata
  21. Blood Hunt

Eternal

• Level 65 Imperial
  • Level 65 Republic

Legendary Achievement:

2. Earn 1 mil credits
  3. Dark V
  4. Light V

• Armormech
    Armstech
    Artifice
    Biochem
    Cybertech
    Synthweaving

• 5 World Bosses

2. Snowblind - Hoth

• 5 Operation Bosses

3. Sparky - Ravagers

• Hard Mode Flashpoints

1. Assault on Tython
  2. Athiss
  3. Battle of Ilum
  4. Battle of Rishi
  5. Blood Hunt
  6. Boarding Party
  7. Cademimu
  8. Czerka Core Meltdown
  9. Czerka Corporate Labs
  10. Depths of Manaan
  11. Directive 7
  12. Hammer Station
  13. Kaon Under Siege
  14. Korriban Incursion
  15. Legacy of the Rakata
  16. Lost Island
  17. Maelstrom Prison
  18. Mandalorian Raiders
  19. Taral V
  20. The Black Talon
  21. The Esseles
  22. The False Emperor
  23. The Foundry
  24. The Red Reaper

50 Gree Droids (Event)
    50 Rakgoul (Event)
    Infect 5 Players (Event)
    5 GSF matches
    15 warzones
    Ziost Storyline

• 5 Datacrons

1. Ilum
  2. Makeb
  3. Nar Shadaa
  4. Oricon
  5. Voss

50 kills with HK-51

It does, however for the companion we only needed to have completed everything from the Legacy level through the Eternal Level. Legendary had a different reward.

Another words the 1st 5 tiers had to be completed.

It does, however for the companion we only needed to have completed everything from the Legacy level through the Eternal Level. Legendary had a different reward.

Another words the 1st 5 tiers had to be completed.

And that was still just a ridiculously unreasonable amount of crud. Hence, no Ranos for me.

And that was still just a ridiculously unreasonable amount of crud. Hence, no Ranos for me.

Yeah it was a lot, that's why I believe If they brought back the event, and decide to have Master Ranos as the LS companion again (I'd hope for a new LS companion personally however) anyone who wanted her would A) have to go through the event like we did to get her, and B) LS must win again for that to be the companion everyone got.

So basically, do the work the rest of us had to do to get her in the 1st place. No different requirements. All of those requirements would have to be there to get her.

Personally I think that would be fair. Everyone would do the same things to get the companion, no easy way or purchase through the CM or do 3 GF this or that.

Edited by Toraak

Yeah it was a lot, that's why I believe If they brought back the event, and decide to have Master Ranos as the LS companion again (I'd hope for a new LS companion personally however) anyone who wanted her would A) have to go through the event like we did to get her, and B) LS must win again for that to be the companion everyone got.

So basically, do the work the rest of us had to do to get her in the 1st place. No different requirements. All of those requirements would have to be there to get her.

Personally I think that would be fair. Everyone would do the same things to get the companion, no easy way or purchase through the CM or do 3 GF this or that.

Agreed. Which is also why I think they'd be crazy to give the same reward. You'd think they want as many people as possible to replay the event. People ain't doing an event like that for something they already have. It makes no sense.

]It's sad too see how many people of the new generation of gamers want to gain exclusive rewards that other had to work for' date=' for free,[/u'][/b] I get that the younger generation of gamers (and perhaps some old gamers that recently discovered swtor) feel they are getting this companion, but that is not the case. It was a reward for sticking with the game, playing it a lot during a summer which is normally a "low" period in gaming overall and doing loads of diverse content.

I am happy to see the DvL event return and even reward the armor that boost experiance gain, but I really hope that it comes with a new companion next time, and not repeating the same rewards.

Nice rant but no one is asking to get Ranos "for free." The people who missed out on Ranos the first time largely understand that if she were to made available again, they'd either have to earn her through the same (or a similar) grind that the people who did earn the companion went through, or they'd have to purchase her from the Cartel Market.

I do agree that if the event returns there should be new rewards for those who already obtained Ranos, but that does not necessarily exclude Ranos from being among the event's awards. The Casino event is a great example of that. Prior jackpots were replaced by a new speeder and a Gamorrean companion, but the old jackpots could still be obtained by purchasing them with event currency that could drop on the slow machines in lieu of the two big jackpots.

Bioware could very well do something similar if DvL returned and have Ranos and Hexid (for those that miss out on her) available for purchase at the Light and Dark vendors on Fleet, with an introduced event currency earned by completing the event's achievements. Maybe throw in 100 Light or Dark side tokens as part of the asking price.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco