Walmart PreOrders

Ruei

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully the extra 48 hours will be enough time. Walmart probably made arrangements to ship the CEs on the 20th before this problem became known and because they didn't know any better. Shipping the CE is more expensive than the other editions and changing those arrangements would likely result in an expense that Walmart is not willing to bear.

In the future, I'm not going to preorder anything anyless I have confirmation of the delivery date UP FRONT.

Bioware or EA could have communicated better with their distribution network about when they needed to ship their products, and also made arrangements to handle the cases where their plans didnt work out.

Hopefully the extra 48 hours will be enough time. Walmart probably made arrangements to ship the CEs on the 20th before this problem became known and because they didn't know any better. Shipping the CE is more expensive than the other editions and changing those arrangements would likely result in an expense that Walmart is not willing to bear.

In the future, I'm not going to preorder anything anyless I have confirmation of the delivery date UP FRONT.

Bioware or EA could have communicated better with their distribution network about when they needed to ship their products, and also made arrangements to handle the cases where their plans didnt work out.

Depends on who you talk to at Walmart. I was told the 23rd is when their shipping in the only email I got from a live person so far.

Wow, the Gamestop order that I made to replace the Walmart order shipped the same day I ordered it. I understand some people are strapped for cash (been there myself plenty of times), but if you have the funds and Gamestop still has copies, looks like a good way to go.

Now I just need Walmart to stop replying with automail so I can cancel my order with them and their terrible service.

Wow, the Gamestop order that I made to replace the Walmart order shipped the same day I ordered it. I understand some people are strapped for cash (been there myself plenty of times), but if you have the funds and Gamestop still has copies, looks like a good way to go.

Now I just need Walmart to stop replying with automail so I can cancel my order with them and their terrible service.

I think I'm do that now. I'm tired of waiting on Walmart. I finally got an email from walmart and only took 2 days for them to get back to me. They didn't even answer my second question about when the game was going to ship and arrival time.

Well I just checked with my brick and mortar Walmart and Gamestop and neither of them will have CE. Walmart isn't selling CE period in their brick and mortar store and the lady at the counter in Gamestop told me after its released she could call around and see if another store had any left, but otherwise they wouldn't have any.

So pretty much at this moment I am screwed if I want to get the CE. Cause if I order it from somewhere else there is the possibility I won't get it from them till after the 20th.

So it comes down to how much do I want the extras.

I just got off the phone with a WalMart rep. I ordered from walmart.com in early November and my CE has shipped. FedEx tracking number and everything.

I did standard shipping, and it's due to arrive on the 22nd, which should be fine with the new grace period.

I talked to several reps over the last few days, and none of them were the least bit helpful. The one I talked to today even told me it would ship on the 20th, then dug a little more and told me it shipped earlier today.

No idea if/when their website will update - mine still just shows Processing, and no tracking number - but if you call they may be able to confirm the shipping.

And the flood of hell I just unleashed on their poor CS reps may be enough to make up for the misery they've caused me the last few days :cool:

I just got off the phone with a WalMart rep. I ordered from walmart.com in early November and my CE has shipped. FedEx tracking number and everything.

I did standard shipping, and it's due to arrive on the 22nd, which should be fine with the new grace period.

I talked to several reps over the last few days, and none of them were the least bit helpful. The one I talked to today even told me it would ship on the 20th, then dug a little more and told me it shipped earlier today.

No idea if/when their website will update - mine still just shows Processing, and no tracking number - but if you call they may be able to confirm the shipping.

And the flood of hell I just unleashed on their poor CS reps may be enough to make up for the misery they've caused me the last few days :cool:

Awesome news! Hope the rest of us will be lucky too.

I know they haven't shipped mine. No re-charge to PayPal.

I have no faith in Walmart's ability to figure that one out. Expect them to cancel the PayPal orders in mass on 12/20 and then post up a bunch of fresh inventory on their site.

Thats about what I would expect as well. We'll see I guess. If they do I will reorder because I won't have much of a choice, but I definitely will never preorder from them again.

I have no faith in Walmart's ability to figure that one out. Expect them to cancel the PayPal orders in mass on 12/20 and then post up a bunch of fresh inventory on their site.

I just got off the phone with yet another clueless "customer service" rep and had enough, told her to cancel the order.

Just put in an order through Newegg.com, hopefully this will work out.

Had a similar thing with preordering DCUO from Target. Every retailer had a different item in game exclusive to their store and I wanted the one from Target. Ship day arrived, order was showing as delayed for 2 months, sold out no stock. Took preorders that they couldn't fulfill. Ended up cancelling, getting it off steam or whatever and no preorder thingie at all. All due to miscommunication (all they had to sell was PS3 versions, despite being two skus) and product actually in store to purchase (sans preorder code)

preorders can and often do go sour and theres nothing we can do about it except rage.

Except according to BW everyone who got a Pre-order Key has a copy of the game somewhere in the world. Whether we get those copies is anyones guess.

I don't doubt that the copies exist. I just doubt in Walmart's ability to straighten the PayPal purchases out without completely canceling the orders.