Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Walmart PreOrders

Ruei

I just got this email from Walmart. . .

Hello XXXX,

Thank you for contacting Walmart.com regarding order status. I understand that you would like to track your order; I will more than happy to assist you with this matter.

We tracked your order XXXXXXXXXX for Star Wars: The Old Republic - Collector's Edition your expected delivery date is 12/26/11.

Please note: After your order has shipped, it may take 24 to 48 hours for the carrier to update the tracking information.

You can track your order online at http://www.walmart.com by clicking "Track Your Orders" at the top of our home page.

XXXX, we do apologize for any inconveniences this matter may have caused. If you have any more questions please feel free to contact us. Have a great holiday!

Sincerely,

Walmart.com Customer Care

I paid for one day shipping and I was charged for one day shipping on 12/11, so an expected delivery date of 12/26 makes no sense. This is the farthest I've gotten with Walmart as of yet though.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and Bioware says its all up to walmart.

I just hate the he said/she said game so much. You never know who exactly is to blame for it

I agree, since I can't get the higher ups from either company on the phone it'd be great if Bioware made those phone calls and gave us the answer.

If Walmart refuses to change anything at least I know they tried. Until then it seems to me Walmart can't do anything because BW hasn't removed the release date.

Re Newegg: Wish I could, really, but I'm pretty much stuck where I am due to lack of funds. :/ Unfortunately, I specifically allocated money for this and that's it - the rest is for food, mortgage, utilities, etc... about a billion things before paying twice for what I was told I didn't have to worry about :cool:

I just can't help thinking that, had this happened at companies I've worked for there would have been some sort of compensation - free shipping, upgraded shipping, grace period, something. Someone, somewhere doing something to make up for an unpleasant experience. I got yelled at often enough in retail over things that were the customer's fault... and now that I'm the customer and have done nothing wrong... well, now I'm the one getting worked over.

Le sigh.

I agree, since I can't get the higher ups from either company on the phone it'd be great if Bioware made those phone calls and gave us the answer.

If Walmart refuses to change anything at least I know they tried. Until then it seems to me Walmart can't do anything because BW hasn't removed the release date.

30 second phone call.

"Hey Jim, this is Bob over at EA. You can go ahead and release all those box copies and don't pay attention the date we previously set."

I just got this email from Walmart. . .

I paid for one day shipping and I was charged for one day shipping on 12/11, so an expected delivery date of 12/26 makes no sense. This is the farthest I've gotten with Walmart as of yet though.

Your lucky to get a response, I have emailed them 4 times. 3 times I got canned responses that had nothing to do with why I emailed them, 4th time they haven't even bothered to respond.

My order is still "In Processing". On top of that, they double-charged me. When I contacted them about it, they gave me the BS about how they run a check when the order is processed and then refund the charge. Both of these were made on the same day (12/12). Edited by dyslexia

Re Newegg: Wish I could, really, but I'm pretty much stuck where I am due to lack of funds. :/ Unfortunately, I specifically allocated money for this and that's it - the rest is for food, mortgage, utilities, etc... about a billion things before paying twice for what I was told I didn't have to worry about :cool:

I just can't help thinking that, had this happened at companies I've worked for there would have been some sort of compensation - free shipping, upgraded shipping, grace period, something. Someone, somewhere doing something to make up for an unpleasant experience. I got yelled at often enough in retail over things that were the customer's fault... and now that I'm the customer and have done nothing wrong... well, now I'm the one getting worked over.

Le sigh.

Restaurant business is worse. People get REAL angry when it comes to food.

30 second phone call.

"Hey Jim, this is Bob over at EA. You can go ahead and release all those box copies and don't pay attention the date we previously set."

I would guess the guys wouldn’t know eachother well enough to know for sure it was Bob at EA.

But nothing a call followed by an official fax wouldn’t take care of.

My biggest problem is still the lack of response to the consumer.

We ordered from the place listed in BW’s preorder partners that had copies in stock. But all I’ve heard from anyone at BW is ‘Walmart gonna Wall” by SR.

Thanks for that update buddy. Good lookin' out.

Edited by Jett_Skirata

Restaurant business is worse. People get REAL angry when it comes to food.

Oh man, so I've heard. I always try to be really nice to waiters/waitresses/etc... for that reason. I feel like any sort of service position should be mandatory in high school/college. ~_~

BTW, I gave your phone call suggestion to twitter.

Just going to keep being the squeaky wheel until someone gives me something to actually work with.

Seems Amazon got the right idea, though not sure it relates to CE, could Walmart follow suit? May be old news by now..

http://www.amazon.com/Pre-order-Shipment-Clarification/forum/Fx2CV073IGYKIZE/Tx323SVRB68I71Y/1/ref=cm_cd_dp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B005B8DRVU

Keeping my fingers crossed.

BTW Thanks OP for keeping us all up to date!

Edited by Braiz

Seems Amazon got the right idea, though not sure it relates to CE, could Walmart follow suit? May be old news by now..

http://www.amazon.com/Pre-order-Shipment-Clarification/forum/Fx2CV073IGYKIZE/Tx323SVRB68I71Y/1/ref=cm_cd_dp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B005B8DRVU

Keeping my fingers crossed.

BTW Thanks OP for keeping us all up to date!

It's nice to see Amazon actually cares about its customers, even if BW had to do some prodding to make it happen. Walmart doesn't give a care about us. What do you want to bet they will sit on the stock till Tuesday.

Oh man, so I've heard. I always try to be really nice to waiters/waitresses/etc... for that reason. I feel like any sort of service position should be mandatory in high school/college. ~_~

BTW, I gave your phone call suggestion to twitter.

Just going to keep being the squeaky wheel until someone gives me something to actually work with.

Watch out he doesn't block you. lol

Watch out he doesn't block you. lol

Haters gonna hate

Walmart gonna wall

Twitter spammers gonna make new accounts.

In all seriousness though I wouldn't spam him a whole lot. A bunch of people asking him is one thing. One person asking over and over again is likely to anger somebody into not being as helpful as we like.

Edited by Jett_Skirata

The last I heard from [a front line CSR at] Walmart, note yesterday, was that the manufacturer had a release hold date on the product.

Unless EA/BW has removed said hold them having stock means nothing.

It would be nice to get an official word, but I wouldn't put much stock in the canned responses from Walmart CSRs.

I'm not spamming Stephen anymore. I'm just making sure to include EAGamer, EA, Bioware and SWTOR in every one of my tweets. Stephen obviously isn't going to help. (Although I didn't really spam him either, I just separated my question in one tweet per word to ensure he saw it in the avalanche).

Hello again guys. I've finally had it. Walmart stopped replyign to my emails and with Rockjaws comment blaming Walmart I'm over this. I told Wal-Mart to cancel my order and refund my money. It's still in processing in the bank apparently as well.

If it's not refunded within 24 hours my bank will just take it back for me. I'm just going to buy the digital deluxe version off Origin sadly. I wanted the CE badly, but at this point I don't think we have any chance of getting it from Wal-Mart.

Hello again guys. I've finally had it. Walmart stopped replyign to my emails and with Rockjaws comment blaming Walmart I'm over this. I told Wal-Mart to cancel my order and refund my money. It's still in processing in the bank apparently as well.

If it's not refunded within 24 hours my bank will just take it back for me. I'm just going to buy the digital deluxe version off Origin sadly. I wanted the CE badly, but at this point I don't think we have any chance of getting it from Wal-Mart.

Don't do that. The renig on the Grace Period that late in the game was almost certainly meant to drive business to Origin. Wait til the morning of the 20th and pick up a copy at Gamestop or something.

Anything but directly to EA...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.