Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Punishing players for respecing!

nuall

It dosnt matter ... I dont want to heal in pvp! this is truly being made into something WAAAAAAAAAAAAY more complicated then it needs to be!

Try it and see if you do like it. Really there is not valid argument we are useless in PVP. Really no valid argument that we are not effective in PVE.

Why dont people come out to say they want dual spec to be able to do both, not for any other reason. I really think we just should get 2 points a level to use in our skill trees thus would be absolutely no reason to dual spec.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, sure, you will play that spec and thats it! No respec, play what you picked!

Im totaly for NOT to alow advance class respec, but jeez ppl, many of us wants to enjoy all aspects of class. Atm my respec reached sky high cost, and im pretty much forced to stay in my last spec. I like to heal in pve, dps in pvp. Its my choice and playstyle and im punished for it. Opinions like "make new char" or "dont respec so often" are pretty ignorant. "WoW does not have dual class at release too" yeah, also in everquest when you died anyone could pick your stuff, want to go back to that time too? MMO games are evolving and some stuff become standard and people will want that. Accept that

Yeah, sure, you will play that spec and thats it! No respec, play what you picked!

Im totaly for NOT to alow advance class respec, but jeez ppl, many of us wants to enjoy all aspects of class. Atm my respec reached sky high cost, and im pretty much forced to stay in my last spec. I like to heal in pve, dps in pvp. Its my choice and playstyle and im punished for it. Opinions like "make new char" or "dont respec so often" are pretty ignorant. "WoW does not have dual class at release too" yeah, also in everquest when you died anyone could pick your stuff, want to go back to that time too? MMO games are evolving and some stuff become standard and people will want that. Accept that

See, this is called "perspective".

The game lets you respec, and you saying you are being punished for it.

I say you are being privileged for having a function in the game that lets you respec at all.

Diablo II didn't give you a respec at all. Or even ask you to confirm when you spent a talent point.

Nice try.

I am a Jedi Guardian, Tank spec.

And I have never, EVER respecced. I rolled a Tank for a reason.

Then by your logic you should not be able to respec at all ever! and you should only play one part of the game ...

That might work if this was a pvp only game or a pve only game , However shocking as this may be to players like you ... and the other guy saying all he ever wants to do is heal thats good for you! I want to be the best I can be in pvp which is one tree or the best I can be in a flashpoint which is another tree for damage or another for healing.

everyone has different play styles and I am willing to bet that the mass would be in favor for duel spec or lower cost of respec.

Edited by nuall

Then by your logic you should not be able t orespec at all ever! and you should only play one part of the game ...

That might work if this was a pvp only game or a pve only game , However shocking as this may be to players like you ... and the other guy saying all he ever wants to do is heal thats good for you! I want to be the best I can be in pvp which is one tree or the best I can be in a flashpoint.

Definition - You want to be able to min/max for every conceivable situation?

Dual speccing and even cheaper respec costs won't solve that.

Free respecs? Maybe. But even "cheap" respecs for some people will never be inexpensive enough, as they change their spec every time they face a different NPC.

Don't laugh, Ive seen it.

Then by your logic you should not be able to respec at all ever! and you should only play one part of the game ...

That might work if this was a pvp only game or a pve only game , However shocking as this may be to players like you ... and the other guy saying all he ever wants to do is heal thats good for you! I want to be the best I can be in pvp which is one tree or the best I can be in a flashpoint which is another tree for damage or another for healing.

everyone has different play styles and I am willing to bet that the mass would be in favor for duel spec or lower cost of respec.

Sounds like you need to roll another toon then... According to YOUR logic you need to be the best at everything all the time. Greedy much???

I don't care about respecting costing money or not.

I'm just surprised there is no dual-spec option off the get-go.

Especially for classes that are hybrids.

Inquisitor healing for groups, dps for leveling. Is that not good? But no complaints. I'm leveling up as a tank, and enjoying it. Versatility is never a bad thing though.

See, this is called "perspective".

The game lets you respec, and you saying you are being punished for it.

I say you are being privileged for having a function in the game that lets you respec at all.

Diablo II didn't give you a respec at all. Or even ask you to confirm when you spent a talent point.

Not sure if serious or just trolling. Dual spec became standard in mmo games with talent trees and people will want it, period. Whats the reason of just 2 advanced classes, by your logic there should be 6, cause after 10? respeces you cant do that anymore unless you spend fortune. In diablo II there was no lightsabers, lets take em out!

There is no viable reason for dual speccing in this game.. Healers and tanks all do respectable DPS.. You can PVP in your PVE specc.. That is actually how Bioware intended it.. So.. There simply is no logical reason for dual speccing of any kind..

ditto

Games should have choices.

Choices that have impact

ITs one of the reasons im extremely thankful for my AC respec, and why talent respecs NEED a price.

You want to level then pvp, do it as the same spec, or do it less often, or suck it up, and pay for it.

What more can be said?

There is no viable reason for dual speccing in this game.. Healers and tanks all do respectable DPS.. You can PVP in your PVE specc.. That is actually how Bioware intended it.. So.. There simply is no logical reason for dual speccing of any kind..

Except that there are at least six DPS players for every two DPS spots in groups.

And anybody that says you can PvP in a PvE spec needs to never PvP. At least not on my team.

Same for anybody that wants to PvE in a PvP spec.

Sounds like you need to roll another toon then... According to YOUR logic you need to be the best at everything all the time. Greedy much???

Or he is being a social and helpful player by being an asset in mulitple situations.

I love tanking in PvE and PvP, but some talents don't make sense for both situations. By your logic I need 2 of the same class for 2 different builds of the same class/spec?

Or he is being a social and helpful player by being an asset in mulitple situations.

I love tanking in PvE and PvP, but some talents don't make sense for both situations. By your logic I need 2 of the same class for 2 different builds of the same class/spec?

Then he needs to pay the price for changing his choices on where he put the original points when he leveled.

Except that there are at least six DPS players for every two DPS spots in groups.

And anybody that says you can PvP in a PvE spec needs to never PvP. At least not on my team.

Same for anybody that wants to PvE in a PvP spec.

You would be surprised what some people can do, pvp or no pvp spec.

You would be surprised what some people can do, pvp or no pvp spec.

Here's the thing about that though. Nobody good enough to do well in PvP with a PvE spec (or vise versa) would choose to do so if they didn't have to.

Also, to the *****s going on about "making choices," what's good for leveling isn't always what's good for end-game. So you're basically saying people should be punished for not intentionally handicapping themselves.

Edited by CharagonIGN

Then he needs to pay the price for changing his choices on where he put the original points when he leveled.

I see, he should be punished for helping others by being a useful spec.

"We've been looking for a healer for an hour, jusy heal for us naull"

"Sorry guy, wish I coulf be helpful to my guild mates, but my choice has to matter, so I can't spend the money and respec , making the game more enjoyable and not ruining anyone elses experiance in the process."

Back in my day, skill choices /meant/ something. You never had a chance to change it. Unless you hacked the game, of course.

Then all this new-fangled "respec'ing" came out, and then people want it so much that the game may as well let you re-distribute all your skill points every time you see a new group. it should be a pop-up "Excuse me, I notice you're about to fight some enemies? Would you like to respec?"

Back in my day, skill choices /meant/ something. You never had a chance to change it. Unless you hacked the game, of course.

Then all this new-fangled "respec'ing" came out, and then people want it so much that the game may as well let you re-distribute all your skill points every time you see a new group. it should be a pop-up "Excuse me, I notice you're about to fight some enemies? Would you like to respec?"

go back to your days and play old games if you dont like that games are evolving. CHANGE IS BAD, we fear the change, keep things how they are!

The only thing your choices ever "meant" was that you'd be gimping yourself out of content. Newsflash, that's !@#$ game design and always has been.

The worst thing with all this respec and dual spec difference?

You have a companion.

A companion that tend to be specifically designed to cover your flaw. If you spec healing? So what? You have a companion that is either a tank, or a DPS. You don't /need/ to spec yourself to do it. That's what the companion is for.

You have a companion.

A companion that tend to be specifically designed to cover your flaw. If you spec healing? So what? You have a companion that is either a tank, or a DPS. You don't /need/ to spec yourself to do it. That's what the companion is for.

That would be a valid point if...

A. Companions stayed with you in groups.

B. They weren't completely !@#$ at their jobs.

The only thing your choices ever "meant" was that you'd be gimping yourself out of content. Newsflash, that's !@#$ game design and always has been.

Whatever you think. Most of you people wanting dual specs or respecs, wouldn't make it past the first level of Etrian Odyssey. You can respec, sure. You just permanently lose 5 levels everytime you do it.

The whole idea of skill trees and stuff, is so your skills matter. If you just let the player change it at the drop of a hat, why not just throw the whole tree out? It's not serving the purpose.

You have a companion.

Some people cannot see the forest for the trees.

That would be a valid point if...

A. Companions stayed with you in groups.

B. They weren't completely !@#$ at their jobs.

A. They do as long as the group isn't full. Even if it is, you don't need to be ultra-awesome skill spec'd to do your job well. Just know what you're supposed to do.

B. I've never had any problem with my companions. they perform their task well. Better then most players I know in my MMO history.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.