where i can find the ip addresses for the new servers?

kenopaa

IPs for testing haven't changed and are listed in the spoiler at this link

If you play on an East Coast server: 159.153.92.28

If you play on a European server: 159.153.72.252

hey, thanks, owen!

Ping statistics for 159.153.92.28:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 164ms, Maximum = 195ms, Average = 177ms

Ping statistics for 159.153.72.252:

Minimum = 83ms, Maximum = 115ms, Average = 97ms

i think this is a good result? my gameplay stutters a bit here and there but still...

Compared to me they are a good result here are mine :)

Minimum = 216ms, Maximum = 217ms, Average = 216ms

Minimum = 315ms, Maximum = 344ms, Average = 328ms

FYI it seems i'm getting strange readings back, running speed tests show a ping of 145ms constantly to San Jose, but pinging the east coast bioware server from where i am in the UK, it's showing a considerably higher ping.

Ping statistics for 159.153.92.38:

Minimum = 260ms, Maximum = 384ms, Average = 310ms

for europe:

Minimum = 35ms, Maximum = 150ms, Average = 102ms

Edit: Odd, i just ran a tracert for the east coast server, and i got a terrible connection in th UK itself on the first hop. the second test shows even worse results. I will have to run this some other time.

Edited by Celise

My ping to Herndon VA is 81 ms. My ping to 159.153.92.38 is 83 ms and my ping ingame runs 85 ms to 88 ms. That is actually pretty playable, but if you used to have 20 it takes some getting used to. My issue is the periodic spikes to anywhere form 1000+ ms to 1600+ ms along with the game periodically stuttering (ping shows 85-88 but the game skips like there is really bad lag.) I have none of those problems in ESO, so it's not my machine. These spikes and stuttering are also new as of Tuesday's patch.

I really feel for the APAC people. EA threw them out the window in an attempt to save data center costs and then tries to BS us into believing they can improve the performance for everyone. The only way they can even it out is to increase the GCD by 50% or more and then increase every timer in the game to match. I can hear the screaming about that now, so am pretty sure they won't do that. (And it still wouldn't help with targeting/positioning.)

I just ran a test now, i don't know what is going on at the first hop but for now it is clear. Ping readings from East Coast as they should be:

Minimum = 99ms, Maximum = 100ms, Average = 99ms

Europe:

Minimum = 34ms, Maximum = 35ms, Average = 34ms

Edited by Celise

:t_confused:

Netstat -n -p tcp -b | more

Download Pingplotter at http://www.pingplotter.com

Install it to look at the hops to the server and determine if it is your connection or the server

To find out the server IP (it changes everytime you log in now) you need start swtor and then go back to your Windows desktop.

Now run command prompt in Administrator mode

(Depending on which Windows you have, there are different ways to run it in Administrator mode, so do a quick Google search on how too for your windows version)

Type this command into the command shell after you have opened it.

It will show you the 2 swtor connections to the server IP

It usually has an ip like this - 159.153.69.80

But because it changes each time you login it will be different.. Ie it could be - 159.153.70.50

This is why you have to run this each time if you want to get an accurate read on the server ping.

Once you have that ip, open pingplotter. You can then enter the swtor server ip you are connected to and it will run a live trace route, showing all the connection hops along the way.

You'll be able to see live statistics and information on what is happening.

An example is you might have 8 hops to the server and you notice that at hop 4 the ping is jumping from 40ms to 100ms and then back down, but the server ping is steady at 40ms.

This would mean that hop 4 is causing your lag and not the server.

Download Pingplotter at http://www.pingplotter.com

Install it to look at the hops to the server and determine if it is your connection or the server

To find out the server IP (it changes everytime you log in now) you need start swtor and then go back to your Windows desktop.

Now run command prompt in Administrator mode

(Depending on which Windows you have, there are different ways to run it in Administrator mode, so do a quick Google search on how too for your windows version)

It usually has an ip like this - 159.153.69.80

But because it changes each time you login it will be different.. Ie it could be - 159.153.70.50

This is why you have to run this each time if you want to get an accurate read on the server ping.

Once you have that ip, open pingplotter. You can then enter the swtor server ip you are connected to and it will run a live trace route, showing all the connection hops along the way.

You'll be able to see live statistics and information on what is happening.

An example is you might have 8 hops to the server and you notice that at hop 4 the ping is jumping from 40ms to 100ms and then back down, but the server ping is steady at 40ms.

This would mean that hop 4 is causing your lag and not the server.

uh.. a bit too complicated for me..:t_smile: but appreciated nonetheless thanks for your reply!

uh.. a bit too complicated for me..:t_smile: but appreciated nonetheless thanks for your reply!

Just follow the Instructions... laid it out step by step... it’s not hard at all

If all you want are the IPs... then start the game and do this on you windows desktop

Edited by Icykill_