Companion clothes bug and Zakul boarding bullets

Kiradcattan

Okay, the first is kind of strange. When I actually change my companion's clothes, then interact with them in conversation, for some odd reason they're suddenly wearing a different costume. I don't know if it's a bug or just an in game issue, but it's kind of confusing when you see it happen.

Second.. when the ship Darth Mar had was attacked by the Eternal Fleet with those boarding party bullets/torpedos/whatever you want to call them, They were completely white.. with a black stripe fitted in with the word Item on it. I couldn't make out the rest without getting filled with blaster holes, but still.

Hope this helps,

Kira

Okay, the first is kind of strange. When I actually change my companion's clothes, then interact with them in conversation, for some odd reason they're suddenly wearing a different costume. I don't know if it's a bug or just an in game issue, but it's kind of confusing when you see it happen.

This happens when the armour you use has a faction-split appearance. Most crafted gear does this, but some other stuff does it as well. It appears (normally) in one faction out in the world and in the other when in cinematics or KotFE/KotET chapters.

For Lana it's one step worse, though, since she wears this stuff in Republic mode out in the world and Empire mode in cinematics and chapters, even if your character is Empire.

Second.. when the ship Darth Mar had was attacked by the Eternal Fleet with those boarding party bullets/torpedos/whatever you want to call them, They were completely white.. with a black stripe fitted in with the word Item on it. I couldn't make out the rest without getting filled with blaster holes, but still.

Generally this happens when the proper texture for an object couldn't be loaded for whatever reason. Assuming your performance overall isn't terrible, the most likely culprit would be a corrupt file in your TOR installation.

I've noticed the same problem with my companions' clothes, but only during cutscenes and conversations on my ship. Cutscenes outside of my ship haven't had that issue (at least not so far).

It'd be interesting if this is something that could be fixed, because it does kind of throw you off each time.

I found a way around the clothing issue. Grab some Level 10 clothes or some Cartel armor that you've already bought... you know.. the stuff you can Modify? Toss them into those and they'll stay in the same gear on or off the ship and don't mysteriously change when you're not looking. :rak_03:

I found a way around the clothing issue. Grab some Level 10 clothes or some Cartel armor that you've already bought... you know.. the stuff you can Modify? Toss them into those and they'll stay in the same gear on or off the ship and don't mysteriously change when you're not looking. :rak_03:

Yes. What I said. Any gear that you can find on Tor-Fashion with a (Pub) or (Imp) after it in the page title will do this because it has a per-faction appearance. Any gear without that only has one appearance that's used for everyone.

Companions use one faction's appearance in the world, and the other in cinematics etc. If both factions look the same in the armour, a companion's appearance will not change.

Sigh.

This has been bugging me for at least several months now. It's so frustrating to find a cool outfit for your companion, only to see them dressed in something completely different (and unsuitable for the situation) in the next cutscene. Edited by Styxian

Have noticed the same problem. Sent an in-game bug ticket. The response I recieved was that they were aware of the problem and that a fix would come in a future [unspecified] update. That was six weeks ago and we are still waiting. I encourage all of you to send a ticket as well. It is an irritating bug that should be moved up on the "what-to-fix-first-list". Edited by BenAndros

Have noticed the same problem. Sent an in-game bug ticket. The response I recieved was that they were aware of the problem and that a fix would come in a future [unspecified] update. That was six weeks ago and we are still waiting. I encourage all of you to send a ticket as well. It is an irritating bug that should be moved up on the "what-to-fix-first-list".

Sent a ticket and a bug report just for good measure.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Same problem here. It seems that they have classified it as a low priority bug.

I think that the person that prioritized this bug applied blindly a priority guideline without realizing how bad this bug makes them appear.

Having Kira speaking to you in some Sith robes that scream EVIL really breaks your immersion. :(

On my warrior Quinn's dressed as a jedi? I haven't even changed his armor at all so it's a bug. And the whole thing on Marr's ship is just bad. Imagine being a new player and you buy an upjump level to 65 just to see this in your first mission. It's very weird and unseemly.

While I agree that a fix for the companion-appearance bug should get more priority than it has been given, I don't agree that it is even close to the toppest of the top. It is 100% a visual oddity and causes no significant gameplay issues. Nothing about it makes the game crash, corrupt your character, lock your character so you can't log in, or whatever. It just looks weird.

If companions dressed in split-appearance gear couldn't fight, that would be an issue that should be fixed sooner rather than later (but if it was *only* split-appearance gear, the importance would be mitigated by the relative ease of avoiding it.

• 4 months later...
Low priority or not, a bug is a bug. It says something about their character and priorities that it's been going on for eight months and they still haven't gotten around to it. It might be a simple fix, or it could take a day, but it's still time invested into fixing the game and making it run more smoothly. Edited by D-keno

Low priority or not, a bug is a bug. It says something about their character and priorities that it's been going on for eight months and they still haven't gotten around to it. It might be a simple fix, or it could take a day, but it's still time invested into fixing the game and making it run more smoothly.

Do you not understand what "low priority" means for bugs in software?

It means that "high priority" bugs get fixed first. If there is a steady influx of gameplay-breaking bugs, the whole category of "it looks weird" bugs will get delayed significantly, possibly eternally.

And that is how it should be. I agree that the boarding-pod(1) bug should probably be given higher priority than the "companion clothing changes faction" bug, because all bugs to do with object textures should be looked at to make sure there isn't something going on that causes corruption.

(1) It affects all boarding pods, including the ones in Black Talon and The Esseles, which are probably more important reasons to fix it, since new players who don't tokenise their first character will probably see that long, long before they see their companion's clothes change in cut-scenes.