Weapons to outfit designer

Brendon_Da_Boss

To put a slot into the existing appearance tabs seems to be the most straightforward thing to do, I haven't thought of keeping it separate yet. For most cases it would be sufficient though. I think of primary weapons. The separate weapon appearance slots you suggest do have certain advantages from Bioware's point of view. They can demand cartel coins for them if you wish to unlock them legacy wide.

For me, my character's weapon(s) is/are not part of his/her outfit. I would like to be able to switch weaponset looks independently of switching outfit looks, without having to haul around N different weapons.

On the other hand, that gives me two things:

* A reason to grind out more UCs to buy additional HBGs for my Commandogirl main (to obtain more mod-object sets to put into the weapon shells I like)

* A reason to clean all the *junk* out of my inventory. I really don't need to carry around two full rows of CM regeneration toys. If I want to carry more spare weapons, I need inventory space to do it.

For me, my character's weapon(s) is/are not part of his/her outfit. I would like to be able to switch weaponset looks independently of switching outfit looks, without having to haul around N different weapons.

On the other hand, that gives me two things:

* A reason to grind out more UCs to buy additional HBGs for my Commandogirl main (to obtain more mod-object sets to put into the weapon shells I like)

* A reason to clean all the *junk* out of my inventory. I really don't need to carry around two full rows of CM regeneration toys. If I want to carry more spare weapons, I need inventory space to do it.

Perhaps the best approach in the long run would be to make weapon skin as well as weapon sound be actual mods in a weapon that you can swap at your pleasure. This creates some secondary issues, like when you buy a weapon from another player... what does it actually look like and sound like...... you may not know in advance.

But the above approach allows players to mix and match appearance and sound to their hearts content. This would not be trivial in effort though... as we can see from when they released weapon tunings.... they still have weapons in game that they have not gone back and retrofitted with a tuning slot. They basically have to go back and re-itemize every weapon in game and there are thousands of weapons in game now days. So maybe it is still better to have a separate tab for weapon appearance where you stamp your weapon of choice for appearance sake... /shrug.

My guess is the delay in this QoL request is directly driven by the fact that the studio has not yet figured out a smooth and effective way to do this for weapons. It is easier with armor... since there are no sounds, no animations, etc.... armor is passive in this regard... weapons are not.

Edited by Andryah

If they wanted us to use a different weapon by now they would have done it already. The argument of class identity is weak because any class can look like any other class now via the appearance tab. Solution would be to share animations from mirror classes, for example: BH powertech while equipped with a rifle would perform abilities a kin to Trooper vanguard. Will it happen? Nope

There are reasons why changing the weapon with the outfit would be convenient. (Which is not to say that doing it separately would not have its own merits, I just wanted to point out that there are reasons why keeping the two together is not entirely pointless):

For example Nuriette:

https://imgur.com/gallery/zIUZsOg

Other character of mine such as my tertiary character and artificer, have a fixed colour, but a good reason to switch weapons with the outfit.

My official tertiary character does have good reasons to switch lightsabers with the outfit as well, even though she always uses her hallmark colour, Amethyst Crystals:

Shavere on torf.mmo-fashion.com 1

Shavere on torf.mmo-fashion.com 2

For an example with a non force user, to show that blasters matter, my secondary character Shara:

https://imgur.com/a/8TWszbZ

(I got a little lazy on this one, thus, no demonstration of the colour crystals.)

On a side note: As opposed what one may read from the post, Nuriette is not my main. She is just another of many, a very late creation. My main is Auset, but as I mentioned earlier, I haven't found the perfect weapon for her.

Edited by Rabenschwinge