juggernaut girl here! why i can't romance vette huh

kenopaa

In any case, as I often say, the "romance" in the game is nothing more than a few kisses and conversations. The rest of the time you just "know" you are in a romance, but nothing really changes - no one wears a ring or holds hands, etc. So just RP your romance with Vette - no one will be the wiser. :)

This is what I do. It's actually much more satisfying than some of the romance writing can be. My twi'lek inq loves a certain morose monster and simply switching the tone of their banter in my head actually enhances the existing writing vastly and I feel like it's a very rewarding relationship even though he's never going to write her a sappy love letter.

A lot of the companions can work this way, with a few exceptions. Zenith was almost impossible to head canon, for example. Guy has the humor of Master Kaden.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say each companion should be unique, but at the same time every player character should have access to romanceable companions of both sexes. Thus, at least one companion of each sex should be bisexual (which would require two companions) OR there should be one companion of heterosexual orientation and one of homosexual orientation of each sex (which would require 4 companions). Making each companion more unique would make for a more compelling and "realistic" world (right, because throwing lightning and waving lightsabers is realistic).

Then the question becomes one of companion placement. Do the devs go back and make 1 particular companion of the 5 original story companions bi, and if so, which one, and even if the developers did that, would that companion be the one that everyone wants to romance (a resounding no, because everyone has different ideas of which companions to romance).

Better to convert all gender-programmed flirt options / romances to be generic so the question is solved once and for all for everyone. The only non-romanceable companions left would be Yuun, Blizz, the droids, Scorpio (never call her a droid), Gus, and a particularly passionless Sith, and people would argue the point on those, too.

I understand that George Lucas refused to include LGBT stuff in his stories,and only when he sold Disney the rights (at the RHC) did that get allowed into Star Wars.

They would have to re-script, and re-voice all of the original companions for that, and that is financially and time-wise probably a non-starter.

Edited by KelVerdis

Not true at all. The majority of Americans statistically speaking are heterosexual. You have 5 crew members and you think they can't all be straight. Really? I have 6 friends that I game with all the time. They, including myself, that's 7 are heterosexual. So statistically speaking, yes, you can have 5 companions who are heterosexual.

Yes, but the idea is that bi/homosexual get a chunk of representation in the media/entertainment, since devs have control over character's traits, including sexuality. Bi may be the best option time-cost wise, because most assets in development can be applied to the players with all these sexual preferences.

Edited by Johrun