Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Eshvara

Agree with nearly everything in your post, and this part is almost exactly like my SW and what'll happen if he has that "choice which is not a choice at all since it forces everyone to end up with nothing, not just the ones that choose it."

Arcann / Senya was the only exception, and saving them stole some of the best flirts and romance lines for any who romanced Lana or Theron during that time.

Yeah the killing option on companions is such a punishment when you want to keep them alive but then, they have nothing to do, except if you're in a relashionship with one of them, and so you have a little cutscene here and there, but that's all.

Really ?

Damn, that's a shame that the only character I killed them with was from a token and so had no possible romance with any of them.

And honnestly I hated killing them so much, I've never done that again...

Edited by Goreshaga

Aww, please, no more killing spree on companions... Especially LI's.

Well, I do not care how these "sacred cows" will be removed from my story. I just do not want to see them anymore. I'm not interested in the story of the "Lana and Theron show," and I'm not interested in how it ends. I was interested in the story of my PC, but it apparently ended on Ziost. At least there my PC could still afford to choose a companion.

Well, I do not care how these "sacred cows" will be removed from my story. I just do not want to see them anymore. I'm not interested in the story of the "Lana and Theron show," and I'm not interested in how it ends. I was interested in the story of my PC, but it apparently ended on Ziost. At least there my PC could still afford to choose a companion.

Well, I'd have no problem with the killing option for companions IF and only IF, removing them from YOUR (or anyone else's) story did not mean removing them from MY story as well, whether I want it or not.

And right now, the only companions left and still more or less relevant to the plot are Lana, Gault and T7 iirc. Theron is far away, and is probably the next that's going to die :(

Charles confirmed that Lana will accompany us:

Ah well, one less reason to resub.

I don't care if there're kill options for Lana and Theron. I'm just tired that they are the only companions that have any story relevance at this point

Well, I'd have no problem with the killing option for companions IF and only IF, removing them from YOUR (or anyone else's) story did not mean removing them from MY story as well, whether I want it or not.

And right now, the only companions left and still more or less relevant to the plot are Lana, Gault and T7 iirc. Theron is far away, and is probably the next that's going to die :(

Agreed. Unfortunately, the Schrodinger's companions vanish from story once they're killable. While I am still on cloud 9 that Ixa is with her beloved Arcann on the official in game and not just in my headcanon/writing, I don't think we'll ever see or hear from him in our story again. :(

Agreed. Unfortunately, the Schrodinger's companions vanish from story once they're killable. While I am still on cloud 9 that Ixa is with her beloved Arcann on the official in game and not just in my headcanon/writing, I don't think we'll ever see or hear from him in our story again. :(

The only reason I can't bear losing Lana or Theron as main characters is that if anyone has a choice to get rid of them EVERYONE loses interactions with them, outside of maybe one cutscene romance specific a year where it's copy-past for all LI's.

My choice to keep a character should not be so majorly impacted by the fact some chose not to. At the moment those who chose not to have them get everything they wanted, but not those who chose to keep the character. If that makes sense. Not standard for every character, alliance alerts and T7 are currently in the rut too, but T7 can be used at any time by the writers because he's always there, unlike everyone else except Gualt.

The only reason I can't bear losing Lana or Theron as main characters is that if anyone has a choice to get rid of them EVERYONE loses interactions with them, outside of maybe one cutscene romance specific a year where it's copy-past for all LI's.

My choice to keep a character should not be so majorly impacted by the fact some chose not to. At the moment those who chose not to have them get everything they wanted, but not those who chose to keep the character. If that makes sense. Not standard for every character, alliance alerts and T7 are currently in the rut too, but T7 can be used at any time by the writers because he's always there, unlike everyone else except Gualt.

That's what I was saying. If someone becomes killable, they're ousted from story forever, even if people chose to keep them alive and want them around. Koth, Jorgen, Kaliyo, Quinn, Arcann, Senya, Torian, and Vette etc. all are just... there now.

That's what I was saying. If someone becomes killable, they're ousted from story forever, even if people chose to keep them alive and want them around. Koth, Jorgen, Kaliyo, Quinn, Arcann, Senya, Torian, and Vette etc. all are just... there now.

:(:(:(

Just saw this tweet, thoughts?

🤔

Assuming I'm not late to the party.:rak_03:

Hmm from this I actually feel.. better. In the sense I think they're going to work us up slowly content update by content update into the rep vs imp thing. Since he added in a slightly later tweet "I meant hypothetical future choices, nothing you'd have done already :)".

I just want them to confirm or deny that my Imp toons can stay with Republic if they sided republic on Iokath. All I want, literally, info-wise from this new story direction. Let me know dammit, if my SW can remain allied with the republic.

Edited by Asmodesu

lol sorry, think of it as an agreeing rehash then! It's really frustrating me with that, we've had all those lsited where the "kill option" people forced us to end up with what they wanted, it's the opposite side's turn... :p

I'm fine with them dropping to less spotlight but not to nothing at all.

Yes. the problem isn't that companions are killable, it's that they get next to no content after. But I think the game had paint itself in the corner since the beginning. Even when the original comps weren't killable, they were barely there in 2.0 and 3.0. I was actually quite happy that we get to see them in cutscenes in 4.0/5.0, even for the ones I didn't care much about. I expect them(plus our zakuulan companions) to be like 2.0/3.0 in 6.0, that is silent most of the time only with one or two ambient lines.

lol sorry, think of it as an agreeing rehash then! It's really frustrating me with that, we've had all those lsited where the "kill option" people forced us to end up with what they wanted, it's the opposite side's turn... :p

I'm fine with them dropping to less spotlight but not to nothing at all.

who is the opposite side? :confused:

Aww, please, no more killing spree on companions... Especially LI's.

While I find it a bit boring to always have Lana by my side and would like some change, I do like Lana and don't want her dead, and Theron even less so.

I clearly don't want any of them to end up like a plant standing in the background with nothing to do in the story anymore.

And i find the "Lana and Theron show" naming a bit unfair to Theron considering he has far less srceentime than Lana tbh.

Anyways, if Theron can be killed and becomes completely irrelevant to the plot, I'll go with headcanon that he was killed by some member of the Order of Zildrog who was then annihilated by my former Battlemaster who then disapear when realising what she had just done.

Then Arcann goes on a journey to find her and bring her back, finally finds her but she wants nothing to do with the Republic and Empire anymore, goes to Zakuul, use the Eternal Fleet to close the zakuulan space, and... end of the story for her.

And so, my main character has nothing to do in the story anymore, and so I guess I won't have to do either, which will be really sad :(

On a side note, if Theron is killable while Ashara and Jaesa are not, I think I'll be pretty pissed off.

Oh, I do not want them dead. In fact 90% of my dislike for them being characters who gets most attention comes from the way certain forum members acted then Arcann was going to have his "arc" (AKA 3 minutes of content). All that talks about being forced to have a companion ;)... What goes around comes around :p.

By the way, anyone here recruited Ashara without manipulations, respected her opinions and was actually going to do something about some of the GRRR LOL EVILZ Empire politics? It was a bittersweet alert... My SI seen no point of asking her to return. It was nice to know that former apprentice found her own way. And it was a little bit sad that a a closest thing to a friend a SI can have was too afraid of “becoming a follower again” to offer help in time of great need.

And DS Jaessa – what about LS SW?

It does not really look like the right moment for some Lana stuff... But well, chapter 2.

From Ashes We Will Rise - A danger that creeps

Not bad at all :). So Theron romance huh? Ouch, someone is going to have his pixel heart broken. And yep, this is Koth, alright: "following orders and exercising discipline and restraint was not his best qualities". Why do we keep him around again? If this is how things done in Zakuul army, no wounder Arcann likes droids so much :D. Hmm, your Lana have a bad feeling about Arcann, huh?

Edited by RandomName_Ru

By the way, anyone here recruited Ashara without manipulations, respected her opinions and was actually going to do something about some of the GRRR LOL EVILZ Empire politics? It was a bittersweet alert... My SI seen no point of asking her to return. It was nice to know that former apprentice found her own way. And it was a little bit sad that a a closest thing to a friend a SI can have was too afraid of “becoming a follower again” to offer help in time of great need.

I did on my LS SI, even though I really don't like Ashara, that character had no reason to be mean to her, and she took her a bit like a little sister I guess.

But my DS SI I think he'll just not take her back when I'll be to that point in the story.

It does not really look like the right moment for some Lana stuff... But well, chapter 2.

From Ashes We Will Rise - A danger that creeps

Huh, Theron loves his Commander.

He always seems so jealous of Arcann when you romance him and didn't kill Arcann.

Nice chapter btw ;)

Edited by Goreshaga

Not bad at all :). So Theron romance huh? Ouch, someone is going to have his pixel heart broken. And yep, this is Koth, alright: "following orders and exercising discipline and restraint was not his best qualities". Why do we keep him around again? If this is how things done in Zakuul army, no wounder Arcann likes droids so much :D. Hmm, your Lana have a bad feeling about Arcann, huh?

Yep, broken heart incoming, but I think I have something like 6 chapters planned before it happens. :p But as I didn't like the way things happened in the game, things will be handled a bit differently.

I like Koth, I see a few interesting scenes with him. :D

And yes, Lana has a bad feeling... I wonder why... :rolleyes:

Huh, Theron loves his Commander.

At this point at least, but yeah well, Arcann wins. I will have to see 5.9 before deciding what to do with him exactly in terms of feelings... But I have so much to write that 5.9 will anyway be there before I need to decide.

Edited by Iheaca

My inq is dark leaning and never got along with Ashara so she just told Ashara she doesn't want her back. But I the player am quite happy that she find her own path and she's now free to continue with her own life.

I did on my LS SI, even though I really don't like Ashara, that character had no reason to be mean to her, and she took her a bit like a little sister I guess.

But my DS SI I think he'll just not take her back when I'll be to that point in the story.

DS SI and Ashara as equals?

*snicker "Of course, love, whatever you say! You certainly mastered your delightful ability to ignore the obvious! I am so proud of you! Now, lets go and do something terrible... I mean lets go and help people by putting them out of their misery! Why am I laugthing? Oh, you always put a smile on my face!”

My inq is dark leaning and never got along with Ashara so she just told Ashara she doesn't want her back. But I the player am quite happy that she find her own path and she's now free to continue with her own life.

Hmm, I always seen Inquisitor as someone who values freedom first and foremost. So I guess even DS SI can gain a certain amount of respect for Ashara finally breaking free... Even if DS would love to "test" that new found power.

Edited by RandomName_Ru

DS SI and Ashara as equals?

*snicker "Of course, love, whatever you say! You certainly mastered your delightful ability to ignore the obvious! I am so proud of you! Now, lets go and do something terrible... I mean lets go and help people by putting them out of their misery! Why am I laugthing? Oh, you always put a smile on my face!”

Ahah, totally :cool::D