Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Eshvara

Oh it wouldn't be surprising that Acina sleeps with anyone useful. Or that she spreads rumours of having done so. And would Arcann even care of what is said?

BUT f**** you b****, you lose! :D

I doubt he would let others to see his scars. Which is a curious thing because Zakuulan have the technology (chapter 10) and he's powerful enough to do the magic Zash used to hide her true self.

A dark room or a blindfold are enough to conceal scars...

But about the scars, I tend to think that he might have kept them for a reason. First, because he wanted to show his father what he had to sacrifice for him, which obviously did not have any effect. And then perhaps to remember his brother. It would be nice to have him talk about these scars in a cutscene.

Edited by Iheaca

50 pages...Oh maker :eek: -Stares at avalanche of posts-

Hey, Dusk :). Long time no see!

hey all :D

what you guys talking about ? :rolleyes:

what got awkward ?:rak_02:

*takes out popcorn*

(didnt rly had the time to read all of the 20+ pages :eek:)

Another rare spawn :) How are you, Mili?

It actualy started at the mid of previous page methinks. The topic at hand is: "Is Arcann a virgin or not?"

Edited by RandomName_Ru

About Arcann, I don't think he's virgin, i guess that there's a lot of Knights or other Zakulan that'd me more than willing to give their princes whatever they'd want. But I think he's never actually fallen in love before the Outlander.

About Acina, it's just rumours, for all we know, maybe Acina tried to seduce Arcann and got rejected. And even if there was something between them, there was clearly no feelings involved.

So the Oultander wins over Acina anyway. :rolleyes:

Another rare spawn :) How are you, Mili?

It actualy started at the mid of previous page methinks. The topic at hand is: "Is Arcann a virgin or not?"

Heeeey :D ..im good im good..playing a lil Elder Scrolls Online till something new comes up here :p

ohhhh....interesting topic lol

tho i do not think that he is :p ....i mean..dude..look at him :)))....im sure he had his one night stand stuff :p

And about the Acina thing....i dono...i hate it was her...and i hate the fact that Arcann would let one of his enemies get to him on that level and then claim there was no "feelings" involved...but meh...what can i say....:p

I played Seeker Droid quest line recently and interacted with Acina, so thats fresh impressions:

I do not see Acina as someone who will use her feminine charms to get what she wants. At least I do not think it will be her first choice of tactics.

Acina have a lot of reasons to hate Arcann – she is very proud and Zakuul crushed Sith Empire and forced them to surrender. Being on a top of the food chain and then suddenly not... She probably did not liked it.

Codex Entry on Acina from Seeds of Rage quest under spoler.

The Dark Council’s official keeper of all things technological, Darth Acina inherited her post after her predecessor Darth Karrid was killed by Republic forces over Duro. Acina was personally tasked by the Emperor’s Hand with guarding the Arcanum: a vast storehouse of Sith artifacts and devices deemed too powerful to destroy, but too dangerous for anything but research. Acina controls all access to the Arcanum facility, making her someone the rest of the Dark Council continually seeks to impress. None have discovered what garners Darth Acina’s approval–but all agree that to speak with her is always a pleasurable guessing game. After the Emperor’s vanishing, Malgus’s betrayal and the rise of the Dread Masters, Darth Acina retreated into watchful seclusion with her apprentices at the Arcanum facility. This proved to be a tactical error, as one of her apprentices had secretly sworn loyalty to the Dread Masters and later organized an impressive raid of the station and its many dark wonders. Her position within the Dark Council has become precarious, forcing her to scramble out of arrogant isolation and curry favor with others.

In the end, my Imp PC reaction to her range from: "Oily dianoga" to "Someone to keep an eye on".

Edited by RandomName_Ru

And I don't agree with your choice of words regarding adult males that are still virgins - there might be other explanations and reasons for that. And we actually don't know if Arcann is impotent or not - but it doesn't matter.

If you really want proof then someone with a twitter account can try to ask the writer about this. She might know something about it - depends on who wrote the codex.

We do not talk about ordinary males. We are talking about Arcann, the prince who rotates in high society, and then the Emperor. Even despite his ugliness, he remains attractive to female (and male, since he is bisexual). And given his strong and determined character, I can not believe that he was never interested in the female/male of the imperial court.

He could remain a virgin only in those cases, which I described.

I hope, Arсann is not a virgin. I liked a ferocious warrior and a full-fledged male. But a copy of the pathetic and timid virgin Alistair from the DAO I do not need.:cool:

Either speaks of the character as an impotent or a loser.

He could remain a virgin only in those cases, which I described.

I think you're being really unfair to virgins, and that singling out male virgins in particular perpetuates an unhelpful gender double-standard. People have all kinds of different reasons for waiting.

Edited by Estelindis

I think you're being really unfair to virgins, and that singling out male virgins in particular perpetuates an unhelpful gender double-standard. People have all kinds of different reasons for waiting.

Agreed! :o

As I said, I mean Arcann, not ordinary male. I do not care about the reasons why a males can remain a virgin till the age of 40, I'm not interested in other people's complexes, problems and cockroaches in their heads.

But I'm interested in why an attractive, self-confident, strong son of the Emperor is considered a virgin. Arcann's virginity speaks of his failure as a male. For me, this is a serious blow to the character.

It might be a missunderstanding here, and I do not think that Mr Junay is intending to be unfair.

But we do not really know about the standards at Zakuulian court. What they expect a man to be, or what they would expect a ruler to be. There might be some pressure on being a virgin or the opposite, who knows.

What would probably be true, though, is that power usually attracts a lot of people trying to get favours, and being the emperor's son partner, or later the emperor's partner, must be something appealing for some people, whatever that really means (some people would endure many things to achieve their goals...). So temptation, there must have been.

In my head, I'll stand for the version where he had partners but with no real romantic involvement. But that's headcannon only. :p

As I said, I mean Arcann, not ordinary male. I do not care about the reasons why a males can remain a virgin till the age of 40, I'm not interested in other people's complexes, problems and cockroaches in their heads.

But I'm interested in why an attractive, self-confident, strong son of the Emperor is considered a virgin. Arcann's virginity speaks of his failure as a male. For me, this is a serious blow to the character.

Or he never found anyone he deemed worthy of him, or he was simply not interested in sex untill he fell for the Outlander.

And we don't even know if he's a virgin or not anyways.

You are potentially leaving aside the fact that it could be a conscious choice and not a failure at all. But I think I understand your point in terms of pressure from society.

Edited by Iheaca

I'm interested in why an attractive, self-confident, strong son of the Emperor is considered a virgin. Arcann's virginity speaks of his failure as a male. For me, this is a serious blow to the character.

Respectfully, we know almost nothing about Arcann's daily life, either as prince or emperor. With so much that hasn't been established, I don't think your assumptions about what must be true are well-grounded. Obviously you can still make your assumptions as you like - your headcanon presumably works for you - but if you want other people to buy into what you think, that's another matter. Personally, I don't find it persuasive.

I'll leave aside for now why you consider virginity a failure for a man in very privileged circumstances. (The comment is applied to a "son of the emperor," but a lot of us with the comfort and free time to be playing video games and chatting on the internet frankly have a higher quality of life than most historic royalty and many present contemporaries in less fortunate countries.) I'll just say, for any virgin guys reading this, plenty of people respect you and your choices. You're not failures as men. You do you.

Edited by Estelindis

Maybe Arcann has been with some of his guards, maybe he hasn't! I guess we just don't know! Speculating is fun I guess, but in the end to me it doesn't really matter. While Arcann is subjectively attractive, he could have just been "married" to his ambitions, just like I can see someone such as Marr being married to the empire. He doesn't strike me as someone who would find those things important but that's me. Arcann seems to have rather been occupied with other things, as he stated himself. It could be applied to sexual relationships as well.:o

I guess you (in general) can think of whatever works for you I guess!

Edited by Eshvara

OMG SERIOUSLY! Is it so hard to believe people choose to abstain and are happy? My word, these are some of the most hurtful words I've seen here and that's saying something!

Arcann might have simply avoided sex because the act makes you physically vulnerable. Or seeing his parents marriage put him off the idea at all. Perhaps he didn't want some chick tricking him into fathering a child. There are plenty of reasons. Perhaps he simply had no interest in pursuing physical urges during his life. Why is this failure of masculinity?

SMH As a woman I'm offended for all men by your words.

OMG SERIOUSLY! Is it so hard to believe people choose to abstain and are happy? My word, these are some of the most hurtful words I've seen here and that's saying something!

Arcann might have simply avoided sex because the act makes you physically vulnerable. Or seeing his parents marriage put him off the idea at all. Perhaps he didn't want some chick tricking him into fathering a child. There are plenty of reasons. Perhaps he simply had no interest in pursuing physical urges during his life. Why is this failure of masculinity?

SMH As a woman I'm offended for all men by your words.

I think MrJunay is a woman too? (Maybe I'm wrong)

Either way, while we don't agree with each others opinions, I don't think we should take things too far.

I think we all need to calm down! :rak_06:

(Paulsutherland, derail this topic please):rak_03:

Edited by Eshvara

I think MrJunay is a woman too? (Maybe I'm wrong)

Either way, while we don't agree with each others opinions, I don't think we should take things too far.

I think we all need to calm down! :rak_06:

(Paulsutherland, derail this topic please):rak_03:

I second that. :-) Don't forget as well that we are not all native english speakers and that some nuances might be dropped within the language translations.

I understand the pressure that a man MIGHT get for being sexually active as part of the biased standards we encounter in OUR society, where men must be men and women quite the opposite (doesn't mean it is right, he, but we cannot ignore that it is real). And that in that kind of situation, the manliness of a man of power MIGHT be gauged depending on his actions, including his personal life. In the end, we do not know much about Zakuul, and certainly nothing about the way they judge people, and even less on how Arcann reacted regarding that.

Having different versions doesn't hurt as long as everybody's free to choose their own.

Edited by Iheaca

I second that. :-) Don't forget as well that we are not all native english speakers and that some nuances might be dropped within the language translations.

I understand the pressure that a man MIGHT get for being sexually active as part of the biased standards we encounter in OUR society, where men must be men and women quite the opposite (doesn't mean it is right, he, but we cannot ignore that it is real). And that in that kind of situation, the manliness of a man of power MIGHT be gauged depending on his actions, including his personal life. In the end, we do not know much about Zakuul, and certainly nothing about the way they judge people, and even less on how Arcann reacted regarding that.

Having different versions doesn't hurt as long as everybody's free to choose their own.

People do seem to think so yes, it's kinda sad. But it is what it is.:o Maybe you fan fiction writers should write something about Arcanns situation, whatever that may be!:rak_03: It always seemed to improve the spirit around here.

:) Not saying that you specifically should, but it might be a fun one to do!

Maybe Arcann has been with some of his guards, maybe he hasn't! I guess we just don't know! Speculating is fun I guess, but in the end to me it doesn't really matter. While Arcann is subjectively attractive, he could have just been "married" to his ambitions, just like I can see someone such as Marr being married to the empire. He doesn't strike me as someone who would find those things important but that's me. Arcann seems to have rather been occupied with other things, as he stated himself. It could be applied to sexual relationships as well.:o

I guess you (in general) can think of whatever works for you I guess!

I agree with this. I don't have a clear headcanon about his past sex life, because there're different possibilities that could work. I'm more inclined to think that he didn't think much about it especially after his injury and then thexan's death though.

People do seem to think so yes, it's kinda sad. But it is what it is.:o Maybe you fan fiction writers should write something about Arcanns situation, whatever that may be!:rak_03: It always seemed to improve the spirit around here.

:) Not saying that you specifically should, but it might be a fun one to do!

About his former sex life? Oh I have one, and I laughed a lot writing it (an awkward mother and son talk :p) but after writing many separate scenes with various characters, I decided that I had to put them into a real story... And this is where the problems start because all my scenes are close to the end of the story and I have to write the beginning (1st chapter done today).

So Cowoline will probably write something quicker than I will. ;)

PS: (in my chapter) even Senya first wonders if her son is a virgin, seems like a trendy subject. :D

Edited by Iheaca

While I agree that his comment wasn't a reference to him being a virgin (or anything sexual, but rather emotionally), I really hope you come across differently than you intended.

I really fail to see why it would be a failure and using terms like "loser" is truly insulting. If you only find experienced sexual partners attractive, that's fine, but there are those where a personal and emotional connection is way more important.

Also, with Arcanns anger issues before Voss, he might not have been a very pleasant lover. So showing actual affection during any kind of relationship could be completely unfamiliar.

Edited by Cowoline