Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Eshvara

C'est quoi ton joker ?

PS : T'Challa dans Black Panther a la même voix que Theron xD

Mon frère bosse dans le son, il a accès a pas mal de bases de données d'acteurs de voix au niveau pro. ;)

Ah, je tenterai de trouver une version française pour entendre T'Challa alors. ;)

Mon frère bosse dans le son, il a accès a pas mal de bases de données d'acteurs de voix au niveau pro. ;)

Ah, je tenterai de trouver une version française pour entendre T'Challa alors. ;)

Oh, c'est cool ça ^^

Ouep, je m'en suis rendue compte que vers la fin du film et sur le coup, j'étais pas certaine, mais en allant vérifier après la séance, c'était bien le même doubleur

Le doubleur de Theron (Theron's french voice, if you're curious ppl) : http://www.rsdoublage.com/comedien-418-Kone-Namakan.html

Edited by Goreshaga

Oh, c'est cool ça ^^

Ouep, je m'en suis rendue compte que vers la fin du film et sur le coup, j'étais pas certaine, mais en allant vérifier après la séance, c'était bien le même doubleur

Le doubleur de Theron (Theron's french voice, if you're curious ppl) : http://www.rsdoublage.com/comedien-418-Kone-Namakan.html

Theron is not even mentioned on his page, but yet, it is him. :-)

Elementary mind link was not supposed to be established until 4,5k posts. Excellent. We are proceeding ahead of schedule.

If you are talking about voice actors and that French Theron voice actor also was in Black Panter as T'Challa, I will start worring about that Hive Mind thing :p.

Yup

I love his french voice :3

SI has an amazing french voice too : http://www.rsdoublage.com/comedien-615-Martial-Le-Minoux.html

Well his voice is quite different while dubbing the SI though (the closest here is when he says his name)

I can't stand the english voice of the female SI and this is the reason why I continue having the game in french. I'll have to find who does the french voice.

Elementary mind link was not supposed to be established until 4,5k posts. Excellent. We are proceeding ahead of schedule.

If you are talking about voice actors and that French Theron voice actor also was in Black Panter as T'Challa, I will start worring about that Hive Mind thing :p.

That's exactly what we were talking about xD

Gooooooooooooooooood ;)

I can't stand the english voice of the female SI and this is the reason why I continue having the game in french. I'll have to find who does the french voice.

Female SI : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_Pr%C3%A9jean

Katara's voice from Avatar : The Last Aibender

Corso has Sam Winchster's voice, while there's a droid on Ord Mantell with Dean's voice

Male SW has Carson Beckett's voice from SGA, while Vette has Jennifer Keller's from SGA too.

Edited by Goreshaga

Female SI : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_Pr%C3%A9jean

Katara's voice from Avatar : The Last Aibender

Corso has Sam Winchster's voice, while there's a droid on Ord Mantell with Dean's voice

Male SW has Carson Becket's voice from SGA, while Vette has Jennifer Keller's frome SGA too.

Wow, you seem pretty informed about all this!

Speaking about voices in other languages, there is one thing I hate with the french version and all the romances. It is the use of the formal "you" (vous) all the time instead of the familiar one. It always makes me imagine how weird it must be in more intimate situations...

What do you think Gershaga, does this sound good?

"Ooooh oui Commandant. Continuez comme ça, c'est boooooon...."

Lol, sorry.... :D

Speaking about voices in other languages, there is one thing I hate with the french version and all the romances. It is the use of the formal "you" (vous) all the time instead of the familiar one. It always makes me imagine how weird it must be in more intimate situations...

What do you think Gershaga, does this sound good?

"Vous" always sounds weird for a romance. Weirdest thing is that my JK is with Theron he's going with "vous" with her while going with "tu " with Valss, does that mean that Valss is more intimate with Theron than my JK ?

Torian, feels weird too, my BH is giving him "tu" while he's giving her "vous"

Another weird thing in the class story, Satele and Orgus both go with "tu" on my JK, and in SoR, it became "vous" xD

Seriously?? She is as well the voice of Kristen Bell and Kaley Cuoco. She really does not have the same voice as a SI.

I did not recognize Kristen Bell or Kaley Cuoso, but I did recognize Katara, I'm more familiar with Katara's voice though.

Edited by Goreshaga

"Vous" always sounds weird for a romance. Weirdest thing is that my JK is with Theron he's going with "vous" with her while going with "tu " with Valss, does that mean that Valss is more intimate with Theron than my JK ?

Another weird thing in the class story, Satel and Orgus both go with "tu" on my JK, and in SoR, it became "vous" xD

This entire thing made me laugh because I have a german friend who is always getting grumpy at translators being weird, there's another game she says they use the familiar/partner tones with npc's but not her romanced character xD

and in the wording/dialogue it would mean they're closer/'with' the npc and not her character.

Edited by Asmodesu

Another weird thing in the class story, Satel and Orgus both go with "tu" on my JK, and in SoR, it became "vous" xD

Yep. I noticed a single "tu" from Koth the other day when they get the Gravestone. I was so surprised that I had to listen to it again. I do not particularly like that, even though I can easily see characters like Lana or Senya give some "vous" all the time. And actually Arcann as well, probably. But after the very first cutscene, he would have to stop if he does not want to get an angry Commander. :p

Edited by Iheaca

This entire thing made me laugh because I have a german friend who is always getting grumpy at translators being weird, there's another game she says they use the familiar/partner tones with npc's but not her romanced character xD

and in the wording/dialogue it would mean they're closer/'with' the npc and not her character.

I guess that's where it's better to play in english

Yep. I noticed a single "tu" from Koth the other day when they get the Gravestone too. I was so surprised that I had to listen to it again. I do not particularly like that, even though I can easily see characters like Lana or Senya give some "vous" all the time. And actually Arcann as well, probably. But after the very first cutscene, he would have to stop if he does not want to get an angry Commander. :p

never noticed that :o

Well Arcann and Theron giving "vous" in public would be quite logical too, but in private...

ON the other hand Agent Galen mostly goes with "vous" except near the end of the Nar Shadda plotline. There's an npc on Alderaan that gave my JK "tu". I was like, man, Master Orgus can give me 'tu" because he's my master, but you, I don't know you why are you giving me "tu" ?

Same applies with Admiral Dabrin (who has Arcann's voice btw) when he's awarding the JK with the Cross of Glory.

Huh. In Russian we also have a formal and not formal "you". It would sound incredibly jarring if a close friend or lover would go all "вы" on me... I would decide that I am in trouble or they are teasing. Of course in old days such formal adress was nornal in noble families, but it do not fit in SW.

Naughty! Oh-Oh... I understood it... "Boon" is nice? Or is it "bon"? Well, at least I will learn several new languages :p. And yep, totally kills the mood :p.

Edited by RandomName_Ru

Well Arcann and Theron giving "vous" in public would be quite logical too, but in private...

Yep, but Theron definitely gives "vous" all the time, and the PC too. :confused::confused:

And yes, Asmodesu, I can undestand your friend, the problem is the same in german. "Sie" (formal) or "Du" (informal) is not at all the same...

Huh. In Russian we also have a formal and not formal "you". It would sound incredibly jarring if a close friend or lover would go all "вы" on me... I would decide that I am in trouble or they are teasing. Of course in old days such formal adress was nornal in noble families, but it do not fit in SW.

Yep, the teasing could be fine. There is such a scene on Umbara where the PC says "Theron Shan, are you (formal) trying to seduce me?" All good to me, but not afterwards when he betrayed and they talk far too formally (and Lana is not even conscious, her presence does not count).

Naughty! Oh-Oh... I understood it... "Boon" is nice? Or is it "bon"? Well, at least I will learn several new languages :p. And yep, totally kills the mood :p.

"Bon" with a single o. ;) Nice, or good.

Just for the fun, another naughty part that could be fun with some formal "vous" (Yep, I am actually considering writing a real sex scene to see if I am capable of something of the kind, and this part would be kind of at the end)

Asmodesu, this is NOT for your eyes!

« Encore? Vous devriez ménager vos troupes, Commandant… »

Elle lui mordilla l’oreille en riant avant d’y murmurer « Oui, encore… Mes hommes doivent savoir donner de leur personne. Garde à vous, soldat. »

Il rit en pressant doucement son bassin contre le sien pour lui montrer à quel point ces derniers mots avaient à nouveau réveillé son désir. « A vos ordres, Commandant. »

Approximate english translation :

« Again ? You should spare your men, Commander… »

She giggled and bit his earlobe before whispering in his ear “Yes, again… My men must be dedicated. Stand at attention, soldier. »

He laughed, pressing his hips to hers to make it obvious that her last words had roused him again « At your service, Commander »

Oh gosh, what have I done?...

Edited by Iheaca

Yep, the teasing could be fine. There is such a scene on Umbara where the PC says "Theron Shan, are you (formal) trying to seduce me?" All good to me, but not afterwards when he betrayed and they talk far too formally (and Lana is not even conscious, her presence does not count).

"Bon" with a single o. ;) Nice, or good.

Just for the fun, another naughty part that could be fun with some formal "vous" (Yep, I am actually considering writing a real sex scene to see if I am capable of something of the kind, and this part would be kind of at the end)

Asmodesu, this is NOT for your eyes!

« Encore? Vous devriez ménager vos troupes, Commandant… »

Elle lui mordilla l’oreille en riant avant d’y murmurer « Oui, encore… Mes hommes doivent savoir donner de leur personne. Garde à vous, soldat. »

Il rit en pressant doucement son bassin contre le sien pour lui montrer à quel point ces derniers mots avaient à nouveau réveillé son désir. « A vos ordres, Commandant. »

Approximate english translation :

« Again ? You should spare your men, Commander… »

She giggled and bit his earlobe before whispering in his ear “Yes, again… My men must be dedicated. Stand at attention, soldier. »

He laughed, pressing his hips to hers to make it obvious that her last words had roused him again « At your service, Commander »

Oh gosh, what have I done?...

Yep that "vous" between Theron and my JK is quite bothering me, particularly when they're alone.

Ohoh, I laughted so hard xD

Ohoh, I laughted so hard xD

Thanks, that part would be there to relieve the pressure a bit. Probably that the previous parts of the scene would be much more serious... If ever I write it down. :rolleyes:

Edited by Iheaca