Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Eshvara

Its on whatsapp so I'd rather not bother. I've seen Arcann without his scars, but what matters is the person he become for me. The one who completely belong to me now.. mwhahahaha.

I'm still grinning like an idiot. And listening to love songs from Final Fantasy; Faye Wong, Utada Hikaru. Nothing can ruin this day for me. I'm not letting them!

That's the spirit!! They can hate all they want, say how bad it is all they want, the amount of people that actually think it's good/decent seems to be a lot more than those who think it's bad. On the forums here at least I'm not surprised to see the vocal 5 people who dislike it.:rolleyes:

Anyway, nothing can ruin my day either. I finally got my Arcann romance I've been waiting for a long time for!! They couldn't ruin that for me in any way.

:)

Edited by Eshvara

I've noticed people ranting about Arcann's romance being bad are often ranting about the characters they like having bad returns also. Maybe we just stayed realistic with our hopes and are just happy to have something that was nice? :)

I'm still levelling my Agent, I think those two will definitely mesh well as a couple now I've seen the stuff, I was still unsure but it'll work, I reckon :)

(I don't know how many times I rewatched the scene from my recorded vid xD )

Edited by Asmodesu

I don't think the people ranting about the Arcann romance are able to see past their clouded judgement as they dislike the character so much.

A lot of us are positively surprised by what we got, maybe, just maybe, you'd think as a "disliker:rak_03:" It may not be all that bad.

I think Vector's return was nice as well, Ashara was ok. But overall, BW hasn't gotten this much love on companion returns, even if I hated everything they produced here at BW swtor, I could at least see the amount of happy people as something positive. But nope.

Anyway, it's a nice morning, just got up! I don't want to spoil it by talking about people not worth talking about.

Edited by Eshvara

I had hope that Arcann's romance would show a little more of the person he used to be and explore the complexity of someone who has changed their views... However, it seems to be just the ls Arcann with nothing about the ds one left in him. I guess I was expecting that, just hoping for something more. :p

It just causes me to have a little detour because the purely ls Arcann doesn't fit the personality of the character I was gonna romance him with, so I had to pick a new one. Still haven't actually experienced the romance scene, gotta start leveling my new pick asap. :D

Edited by Seireeni

I had hope that Arcann's romance would show a little more of the person he used to be and explore the complexity of someone who has changed their views... However, it seems to be just the ls Arcann with nothing about the ds one left in him. I guess I was expecting that, just hoping for something more. :p

It just causes me to have a little detour because the purely ls Arcann doesn't fit the personality of the character I was gonna romance him with, so I had to pick a new one. Still haven't actually experienced the romance scene, gotta starttaa leveling my new pick asap. :D

I would have liked that as well as I liked DS Arcann for who he was, but I think this, the way he is now, is more of someone who he would have been if it wasn't for Valkorion and everything that happened.🤔

Ideally, I'd still like to rampage the galaxy with my unredeemed Tyrant, but that's not going to happen. When I initially left the customisation on while doing the romance, that masked look and his personality in the cutscenes really did not match! I had to take it off. :p

I don't know who to compare Arcann to in terms of personality of how I wanted him to be. But maybe that's because none of the LI in swtor interest me. :o

I think not having high expectations helps. I mean most of us already expected it to be short. And with a short cutscene you wouldn't expect much complexity either. It is done well with the confinement so I'm happy with what we get. I do think this romance fits neutral/light side characters better. But I already felt that way before so I'm not complaining.

And apparently you have to choose all the flirt options for the romance to happen. I wanted to explore other dialogue options with one of my Warriors(not the main one), so I didn't hit the first flirt and before I realize it the conversation ends. Guess she'll have to stay with Quinn lol.

I think not having high expectations helps. I mean most of us already expected it to be short. And with a short cutscene you wouldn't expect much complexity either. It is done well with the confinement so I'm happy with what we get. I do think this romance fits neutral/light side characters better. But I already felt that way before so I'm not complaining.

And apparently you have to choose all the flirt options for the romance to happen. I wanted to explore other dialogue options with one of my Warriors(not the main one), so I didn't hit the first flirt and before I realize it the conversation ends. Guess she'll have to stay with Quinn lol.

Oh? The first dialogue I choose, option number 2, which was, "I should have gotten you something too" I didn't know those were flirts!

I actually have a feeling this is the first time there hasn't been a rage about the thing on the forums -- outside of people who weren't interested anyway. Eric, if you ever read these - you guys did good, thankyou!

Oh? The first dialogue I choose, option number 2, which was, "I should have gotten you something too" I didn't know those were flirts!

I only spotted one flirt tagged conversation choice and assumed that one, just like in the cantina scene, would be the lock-in. I also picked the "i didn't bring a gift" option though xD I love those options, I got a few similar so far in the game rofl.

Edited by Asmodesu

I only spotted one flirt tagged conversation choice and assumed that one, just like in the cantina scene, would be the lock-in. I also picked the "i didn't bring a gift" option though xD I love those options, I got a few similar so far in the game rofl.

Yeah same! :p

It just causes me to have a little detour because the purely ls Arcann doesn't fit the personality of the character I was gonna romance him with, so I had to pick a new one. Still haven't actually experienced the romance scene, gotta start leveling my new pick asap. :D

He has been this same type of person, to me anyway, since I met him again in Dragon's Maw chapter... So I guess it fit him completely for me as that is who he has been for a few chapters in the story. Did not feel unlike him in any way, so I'm thankful. I did sort of expect him to be more forward but I think all the points I wanted covered in the conversation was covered, and even if short nice and simply approached. I liked it.

It probably helps that redeemed Arcann has always been the only I really liked xD

I mean the first time the flirt icon appeared you have to choose it. It appears after

the gifting part

. I chose the "give yourself more credit" with said character then got friendzoned lol

Edit: for the whole cutscene there's only 2 flirts total. One opens up the romance path, the second locks the relationship.

Edited by LamiaKan

I mean the first time the flirt icon appeared you have to choose it. It appears after

the gifting part

. I chose the "give yourself more credit" with said character then got friendzoned lol

what is that dialogue, for that option, if you don't mind me asking? cant replay the scene and I only had the one character ready xD

and yeah, makes sense that the flirt had to be picked in a short scene, sadly.

Edited by Asmodesu

I actually have a feeling this is the first time there hasn't been a rage about the thing on the forums -- outside of people who weren't interested anyway. Eric, if you ever read these - you guys did good, thankyou!

I done Iokath a day before 5.8 on my SI and sided with Empire and yes, I did pick "I have no gift" for her too. Is it me, or those almost identical line sounded a little bit different then said to Arcann?

I done Iokath a day before 5.8 on my SI and sided with Empire and yes, I did pick "I have no gift" for her too. Is it me, or those almost identical line sounded a little bit different then said to Arcann?

yup, it was a different line. Just same style. It was not a recycled sentence :)

what is that dialogue, for that option, if you don't mind me asking? cant replay the scene and I only had the one character ready xD

and yeah, makes sense that the flirt had to be picked in a short scene, sadly.

Here it is:

PC: There was always good in you, Arcann. Senya and I only brought it out.

Arcann: Perhaps one day I'll share the faith you have in me. I won't stray away from my path, Commander. My purpose lies with you, and with the alliance

Here it is:

PC: There was always good in you, Arcann. Senya and I only brought it out.

Arcann: Perhaps one day I'll share the faith you have in me. I won't stray away from my path, Commander. My purpose lies with you, and with the alliance

thankyou!

it is sad the Senya mention is behind no-flirts choices... I was hoping he'd stop harping that the Commander saved him. She didn't, Senya his mum sacrificed herself to heal him... I just kept the enemies at bay long enough for her to heal him :confused:

literally that and the animation loops are the only downsides to me, and hardly considered downsides xD

Edited by Asmodesu

thankyou!

it is sad the Senya mention is behind no-flirts choices... I was hoping he'd stop harping that the Commander saved him. She didn't, Senya his mum sacrificed herself to heal him... I just kept the enemies at bay long enough for her to heal him :confused:

literally that and the animation loops are the only downsides to me, and hardly considered downsides xD

Yeah I totally agree on all points!

Give your mom more kudos Arcann!

And also no letters:(

Yeah I totally agree on all points!

Give your mom more kudos Arcann!

And also no letters:(

Has anyone done the Umbara mission for the first time after starting Arcann's romance? I highly doubt the letter from after it changed at all and don't expect it too but it would've been a nice easter egg type change :p

Has anyone done the Umbara mission for the first time after starting Arcann's romance? I highly doubt the letter from after it changed at all and don't expect it too but it would've been a nice easter egg type change :p

I doubt it too. Maybe I'll try it on my sorc later. I don't think she have started Iokath yet. But the reunion with Andronikos is nice I don't have to the heart to turn him down even though I don't care much for him in the vanila game.

I'm good with the redeemed Arcann with no sign of DS in him, but I do not consider him as LS neither. We know he's been cured from hatred anyway, so I wouldn't expect him to still have it inside him.

But to me, it does not mean that he could not go back to DS. He's been cured, but he still has a lot to reconstruct. Think of it as someone who had cancer. You can remove the tumour, but it doesn't mean it is replaced with something unless you vonluntarily put something else in place.

I feel it somehow in the dialogue. And even in the symbolic of the gift. He is building something, it is part of the healing process as a whole. And the purpose of the gift gives an indication of the direction he wants to take. Care and protect, but not in the fully LS compassionate way.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is pure genuine LOVE! :o:p

Edited by Iheaca

I doubt it too. Maybe I'll try it on my sorc later. I don't think she have started Iokath yet. But the reunion with Andronikos is nice I don't have to the heart to turn him down even though I don't care much for him in the vanila game.

hehe yeah, my lass that got with Arcann just to see the scene still needs to do Umbara. later xD

Looks like dialog is more suited for LS Outlander.

I seen confident adults suddenly becoming shy and nervous then they have been talking to someone they really-really like. Especially if they have been talking about how much they like that special someone :).

Add to it the all that happened in KotFE and yeh...

And I am not so sure about having no fire left ;).

And I am not so sure about having no fire left ;).

There is fire in the kiss at least (or so do I see it :p). Nah, it is all open to our fantasy now, but I agree with you. He has been shy and might still be in the next steps we would like to fantasise, but it does not mean he cannot be lit. :D