Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Eshvara

See, I don't have enough space for a dedicated geek area. I'm a very colorful person IRL that loves antiques and vintage. Voss is actually closer to what I like.

Back to our prince... Aside from Date Night I really want a scene with him Senya and Nos Dural debating the Force. Like with Lana on the way to Corellia. We need the Old Man back and I need some Arcann and Senya talking to each other.

59 minutes ago, witchglove said:

The RGB lighting in my gaming PC and peripherals (all white) is set to match the cyan on the Zakuul city sign 😉

Great minds think alike 😏 

03012024.thumb.png.22a0f3e5a7ec6172410570ab877975df.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MARCH 12TH LET'S GOOOO!!  🎉

I have to be honest though.. I'm not sure I'm ready! I needed more time for it to sink in that this is happening!

ArcannArmsCrossed1.png.9db8b45f942bf3e751e6300c3ddba794.png

• Like 1

You can't kiss him with the mask on that's nuts. 😝 Anyway, I'm excited for a lot, I bought new outfits, I am psyched to see the new area on Odessen for our date, and I admit it, I'm looking forward to Theron's date too. My BH is a very openly passionate woman. I imagine her encouraging my baby JC to relax more when it comes to romance. JC tends to overthink. 

Once a week. I just hope nobody starts shooting during Theron's I have a suspicion this is a work date. <sigh> Arcann we can count on for no interruptions. LOL Poor Theron he can't help it.

• Haha 1

LOL it's not my favorite armor, design wise. Looks too bulky in some places and not protective enough in others.

But it's so meaningful, I must wear it to his date. He made it with his own hands, to protect you if he can't!

Edited by cosmicchar
  • Like 1

Also, I'm excited to see what his date gift is.

I remember, the first time I played through Unmasked Regret, I was so happy to discover I could actually wear his armor gift, and it wasn't just something said in the cutscene. Made it feel even more impactful.

• Like 1

I just head cannoned he forged me a ruthless scion chest plate. But I'm wearing my Sparring Outfit for the first time. We are sparring and it's the outfit I imagine JC in starting out on Tython. A piece of her innocence where she was just a tiny cog in the vast order. 

1 hour ago, cosmicchar said:

Also, I'm excited to see what his date gift is.

It will be a deco of some sort as well, correct? Super stoked 😁

Alright everyone.  In case folks didn't get a chance to replay all of the story again before tomorrow's update, here are two videos that provide a bit of a recap for Arcann's story.

Arcann's journey - regrets and redemption

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSJN19ee6Hs

Arcann's story and the metamorphosis of his relationship with the player character: the enemies to lovers literary trope (done right!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd-ZIiLPpvc

I'll say it before and I'll say it again.  People that kill Arcann and Senya are missing out on some of the best story in the game and are depriving themselves of an absolutely wonderful redemption arc.  

👏 LET'S GET HYYYYPED FOR TOMORROW 👏

I'll say it again at the risk of being choked from across the galaxy, I think killing Arcann is both pointless and murder because you have to kill Senya to do it, however, I get why some people won't forgive him. If they had offered an Imprison Option I can see my Male Agent taking it along with my Male Tropper and Fem Bounty Hunter. They might not want Arcann dead, but wouldn't lose sleep over Arcann in a cell, at least not until Elom. Therefore, while I utterly condemn killing Senya, I comprehend the argument for Arcann even if I strongly disagree with it.

That said, baby JC wants a nice Date Night, and maybe learn some more backstory.

Edited by JakRoanin

11 hours ago, JakRoanin said:

I'll say it again at the risk of being choked from across the galaxy, I think killing Arcann is both pointless and murder because you have to kill Senya to do it, however, I get why some people won't forgive him. If they had offered an Imprison Option I can see my Male Agent taking it along with my Male Tropper and Fem Bounty Hunter. They might not want Arcann dead, but wouldn't lose sleep over Arcann in a cell, at least not until Elom. Therefore, while I utterly condemn killing Senya, I comprehend the argument for Arcann even if I strongly disagree with it.

That said, baby JC wants a nice Date Night, and maybe learn some more backstory.

Sorry if this seems like disrupting an appreciation thread, it's not my intention but I just checked it out and the murder part just doesn't make much sense. Senya attacks your character first, it's self-defense. Murder implies intent to kill and even if you pick the meanest dialogue option in that sequence your character doesn't say that they want to kill Senya at any point. Sure, she has her reasons validity of which can be debated and they are certainly sympathetic but she is still the one who attacks your char with the intent to kill. There's no way to frame it as murder.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JakRoanin said:

The problem is you provoke her into it. She has literally no intention to ever harm you until you take action. Even if she does strike first, you still kill her. That's murder.

Still, it is her choice to attack though, intent to kill is what defines murder, her death is manslaughter/self-defence

I'd call the provocation you give her a reason for justifiable homicide. Arcann at that point is insensible, unconscious, and striking him down like that is wrong. By attempting to do just that Senya has perfect justifiable homicide recourse. Because PC is much more powerful than her, striking her down after you subdue her is murder. 

DEVS, I APPRECIATE YOU SO MUCH FOR ARCANN'S DATE NIGHT 🔥🔥🔥

Thank you for this wonderful content!! Freaking out!! I can't wait to talk about it with everyone once they have had the chance to go through it ❤️

2 hours ago, JakRoanin said:

I'd call the provocation you give her a reason for justifiable homicide. Arcann at that point is insensible, unconscious, and striking him down like that is wrong. By attempting to do just that Senya has perfect justifiable homicide recourse

That's the thing though, as I said she has her reasons for attacking the PC, but that's still manslaughter cause there's no intent to kill Senya. Indirect provocation isn't the same as murder. Killing Arcann would be murder in this scenario but Senya wasn't unconscious and attacked first.

2 hours ago, JakRoanin said:

Because PC is much more powerful than her, striking her down after you subdue her is murder. 

That's not what happens with her though, she receives a mortal wound while still on her feet and then dies after her last words without any additional actions from the PC.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.