Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Eshvara

Is this male only hairstyle or unisex?

Unisex.

I tried that on my SW but he looks too sweet with that hairstyle, not like a man who can slaughter you without a second thought.

And it actually looks cool for my smuggler, I think i'll take that hairstyle when I'll restart her.

Finally did Umbara with my JK, Theron's letter was so sweet (the "I loved you from the second I saw you" part was really cute), now i still have Coperpo before i can go through the Nathema fp :)

And I finally made up my mind they're just too cute together.

I'll have to find someone else for Arcann, he deserves some love too

Oh, one of my friend who was hell bent on killing Theron with his SI finally spared him because of Arcann's little speech.

I guess we can thank our beloved former tyrant now :D

Edited by Goreshaga

Tsss, those romances are terrible. I find myself organising who I will put with what companion... and levelling the missing ones. Yeah well, good job BW. :p

OK now, server maintenance, pffff...

Tsss, those romances are terrible. I find myself organising who I will put with what companion... and levelling the missing ones. Yeah well, good job BW. :p

OK now, server maintenance, pffff...

Same here.

I want every one of my main characters to have a different romance, but that's not easy to do, especially for my male PCs...

Too bad I can't have Akaavi for a male BH, she would fit better than Mako imo.

Sad, I had just started Copero :'(

Yes, same kind of reaction here. "Hold on, lady, at least four, because I'm certainly not intending to leave him behind anywhere!"

Or maybe just walk depending on the character (I can see Vette run and jump into PC's arms, but I have a harder time seeing Arcann doing so :p). But a triple yes on the intention. ;)

The fleet's destruction was a given and I am quite good with it. The Alliance was overpowered. And about Arcann I'd bet for relief that it is all gone. I'd wonder a bit more about his feelings about the fact that Zakuul is leaving the Alliance. And it would have been interesting seeing him react to the words of Vinn Atrius, especially the praise for his father's golden empire that he has destroyed in his anger against the Outlander.

It's a missed opportunity, not having Arcann react to Vinn, the order and Nathema in anyway, not even in the form of letters. Maybe Arcann would visit Vinn in prison and have a conversation. Ugh, I wish I can write:(

So ... How do you like the new antagonist? I liked this guy!:rolleyes:

He's good looking. I understand where he's coming from and he did have a point. Though I don't think about him that way because I already have Arcann:cool:

aaaah *excited screaming* I just got the romance stuff from Arcann, second character going through

I heard a rumour I could break up with Theron through the cutscene at the end, thanks to not doing the old break up scene "things left unsaid" at all. This is running commentary as I play xD

- so far, I got that sweet, slow kiss and it gave me more feels then the bittersweet Theron proposal (since he can be dead for some people now. ugh. So no excitement at all from me, just disappointment.

- I also am getting Theron's romance lines through the flashpoint right now <3 , sorry babe, but... she's not been faithful because she thought you were really betraying her. :'( (this actually hurts a little as a theron-fan for LI at heart).

- Took Theron home to save him, she stills cares.. kinda.

- Theron: "so.. I heard what happened while I was gone. My .. uh .. replacement"

Arcann, he means Arcann. yeah Sorry Theron, had to try this particular story line at least once :( . I'll give him credit for wanting her back, but that clone was testing a different path.

rumour was true, lol. I feel sad but I was glad to see it >.>

Great! I have a smuggler for this exact purpose!

The break up letters:

It seems like only Jaesa's bugged break-up letter and Arcann's (if you go back to Theron, saw someone post it on tumblr) are sent?

My inquisitor dump Andronikos for Arcann and didn't receive any.

It's a missed opportunity, not having Arcann react to Vinn, the order and Nathema in anyway, not even in the form of letters. Maybe Arcann would visit Vinn in prison and have a conversation. Ugh, I wish I can write:(

This fact also disappointed me. Arсann worries about Theron's head (although he was ready to kill him before), but he does not care at all about Zakuul, about Nathema, does not care about Vinn?

They did not even show our a Senya, we did not even have a letter from her. The Koth (who is associated with Zildrog himself!) has become an empty place.

Should this be understood in such a way that Arcann was introduced into the FP only in order to once again emphasize the importance of one "sacred cow"?

Does this mean that the whole story of KOTFE / ET was exclusively the story of Lana and Theron, and the rest of the story and characters (and our PC) - empty decorations?

I sincerely hope that this show of "sacred cows" is over. Because I do not want to participate again in this farce.

Edited by MrJunay

There is also a female version. It looks not bad.

Unisex.

I tried that on my SW but he looks too sweet with that hairstyle, not like a man who can slaughter you without a second thought.

And it actually looks cool for my smuggler, I think i'll take that hairstyle when I'll restart her.

Ahh. thanks!:)

I sincerely hope that this show of "sacred cows" is over. Because I do not want to participate again in this farce.

They say, Lana (or Theron) may leave in next expansion.

But how? If your PC is pragmatic and polite to Lana, they will be on good terms. If not, Lana may have a lot of reasons to dislike PC, but developers do not want to punish players for something done in the past, so the Koth/Dorn tracker of atrocities is out of question. So you will probably have to do something very stupid in the future... And I have no idea what it could be. Joining the Republic? She seemed not that opposed to the idea. War crimes against Imperial civilians? That may not be something that player will want to do just to get rid of her. Being an idiot? Thank you, had enough of it in previous expansions.

Oh and Alliance itself is as much her creation as PC. Will she abandon that without a very serious reason? Yes, someone hate Alliance and will be glad to get to the RepVSImp... But getting rid of the core group of loyal supporters who will follow you into the fire as LS PC? You know, for a second I was afraid that Zildrog will destroy Odessen and I was not happy at the idea at all.

Hmm, maybe Lana and Theron will get their own teams and you will cross paths less while still being allies?

Whatever may happen, I hope we will not get a couple of NPC being the new stars of the show. I seen someone asking for Jaessa being a center of next story... Please... no.

What you ladies and gentlemen think of content spread out evenly? Less for one, but something for everyone?

P.S. By the way, MrJunay, according to some, expansions were "Valkorions show" :cool:. One man trash is our treasure... :p.

Edited by RandomName_Ru

But how? If your PC is pragmatic and polite to Lana, they will be on good terms. If not, Lana may have a lot of reasons to dislike PC, but developers do not want to punish players for something done in the past, so the Koth/Dorn tracker of atrocities is out of question. So you will probably have to do something very stupid in the future... And I have no idea what it could be. Joining the Republic? She seemed not that opposed to the idea. War crimes against Imperial civilians? That may not be something that player will want to do just to get rid of her. Being an idiot? Thank you, had enough of it in previous expansions.

Oh and Alliance itself is as much her creation as PC. Will she abandon that without a very serious reason? Yes, someone hate Alliance and will be glad to get to the RepVSImp... But getting rid of the core group of loyal supporters who will follow you into the fire as LS PC? You know, for a second I was afraid that Zildrog will destroy Odessen and I was not happy at the idea at all.

Hmm, maybe Lana and Theron will get their own teams and you will cross paths less while still being allies?

Whatever may happen, I hope we will not get a couple of NPC being the new stars of the show. I seen someone asking for Jaessa being a center of next story... Please... no.

What you ladies and gentlemen think of content spread out evenly? Less for one, but something for everyone?

P.S. By the way, MrJunay, according to some, expansions were "Valkorions show" :cool:. One man trash is our treasure... :p.

Hmmmm, I don't think being on good terms means Lana would be suited for whatever job available in the future. Maybe she'll recommend someone that can do better than her. You and her will still be on good terms, she's just shoved aside.

Charles already said that while they wills till be there, they will be playing a more minor role this time. Rather then being the focus. Exact words "We may not focus on him and Lana as heavily as we have in the past"

Edited by Asmodesu

Hmmmm, I don't think being on good terms means Lana would be suited for whatever job available in the future. Maybe she'll recommend someone that can do better than her. You and her will still be on good terms, she's just shoved aside.

You say she will have to take care of very important matters and will stop pretending that she is PC subordinate? I can leave with it :p.

Charles already said that while they wills till be there, they will be playing a more minor role this time. Rather then being the focus. Exact words "We may not focus on him and Lana as heavily as we have in the past"

Ah. Would prefer to see “They will stay and we plan on giving other companions as much attention! So you can choose your favorite a**-kicking partners!” But nothing is perfect :p. Charles probably would not use a** word...

Waaaaaait... You changed you signature! Yay! :) Definitely gonna try out that romance. BH or Trooper? Choices, choices...

And this men has every right to think so, because there should not be any "show" at all.

There must be a story, a story of our PC and the world, and not of secondary (and many unnecessary) NPCs. The story should be interesting for each player, and not for the fans of certain characters. Players in most do not need half-hour cutscenes with characters that they are not interested in. The players are interested in their PCs and the story, associated with it.

Everything else is secondary.

I do not need the opportunity to "remove an unloved companion." I need that the story stop being a "show of certain characters," and returned to the format of vanilla, where the only main character was our PC.

And the player could choose with which companion he willwalkthrough the story.

Ah. Would prefer to see “They will stay and we plan on giving other companions as much attention! So you can choose your favorite a**-kicking partners!” But nothing is perfect :p. Charles probably would not use a** word...

Waaaaaait... You changed you signature! Yay! :) Definitely gonna try out that romance. BH or Trooper? Choices, choices...

I think his twitter chat mentioned new and old companions next, but we don't know exactly which ones.. yet.

Well since Charles said Theron still has a role in the story going forward if alive.. that was my only huge issue with the options so far. I'll take his word for it, and yeah I adore the Lana and Theron romance arcs, Theron's more-so. All the way through from SoR to now.

I think his twitter chat mentioned new and old companions next, but we don't know exactly which ones.. yet.

Well since Charles said Theron still has a role in the story going forward if alive.. that was my only huge issue with the options so far. I'll take his word for it, and yeah I adore the Lana and Theron romance arcs, Theron's more-so. All the way through from SoR to now.

I'm with you here, Theron is by far my favorite romance so far, hence why I finally decided that Naeya was for Theron.

Haven't seen the Lana romance till the end, i just finished chapter 9 of KOTFE with my Lord Wrath whi is romancig her.

And now, time to find someone for Arcann, my sis and I have a fine Lady Wrath that could suit him, she's a huge kicking *** lady, who's somewhat of a mix between Okoye and Brienne of Tarth :D

I relly liked that Arcann spoke for Theron, that was really nice of him, and I guess it was a bit less for Theron than to spare our Outlander the pain of killing someone s/he cared about.

And I really hope that the Arcann romance ends up as good as was the Theron one.

Oh I also got that letter from Jaesa...

I think someone should tell her that if she continues to threaten to destroy Naeya's homeworld and to kill her husband, she may have some trouble with the former Battle Master of the jedi order...

Edited by Goreshaga

I relly liked that Arcann spoke for Theron, that was really nice of him, and I guess it was a bit less for Theron than to spare our Outlander the pain of killing someone s/he cared about.

And I really hope that the Arcann romance ends up as good as was the Theron one.

Yeah, I felt like I couldn't go against it when he said that. I actually felt guilty with the thought of doing it! then Theron's expression.:o:(

Oh the feels!!!:mad::mad:

Edited by Eshvara

I really liked the scene to, and if you romanced him you get a kiss also. I wasn't going to kill theron anyways, even if I had a dark sider they wouldn't have done it either. I just wish Senya was there or in the case of my trooper her husband also.

I'm with you here, Theron is by far my favorite romance so far, hence why I finally decided that Naeya was for Theron.

Arghh. That good? Need to finish S&V and my BH with certain spy in her sights is gtg to Orikon.

Oh I also got that letter from Jaesa...

I think someone should tell her that if she continues to threaten to destroy Naeya's homeworld and to kill her husband, she may have some trouble with the former Battle Master of the jedi order...

I did not :(. Is it known what triggers it? Ok, my post Nathema PC is of the wrong class, but I see that not only SW were getting this mail :p. Or your Wrath have defeated JK and took her title?

And this men has every right to think so, because there should not be any "show" at all.

There must be a story, a story of our PC and the world, and not of secondary (and many unnecessary) NPCs. The story should be interesting for each player, and not for the fans of certain characters. Players in most do not need half-hour cutscenes with characters that they are not interested in. The players are interested in their PCs and the story, associated with it.

Everything else is secondary.

I do not need the opportunity to "remove an unloved companion." I need that the story stop being a "show of certain characters," and returned to the format of vanilla, where the only main character was our PC.

And the player could choose with which companion he willwalkthrough the story.

*shrug

Pessimistic stuff under spoiler.

I think PC as the sacred cow show can be as dull as NPC one. Black hole Mary Sue is a fun power-trip... For the first 5 minutes.

As for the good story you want... I want it too. But game already have so many parameters. 8 classes with different backgrounds, motivations and goals, 2 extreme alignments and everything in between Light and Dark. Several years of content. Many choices that should influence the future or at least have to be referenced. PC which is one of the most powerful peoples in the Galaxy (at least on paper). Who can oppose us aside from Eldrich Abominations/Ancient Superweapons/Omnipotent Cults/Demigods? A bloated army of companions and 70% of them is “beloved by many”.

Add to it the stuff thats constantly suggested at forums... Yes, forums are a very distorted mirror of what majority really want, but it is still a place for most passionate of players go to voice their concerns and preferences (that's a polite way of saying it). More variables to consider to keep players satisfied.

Think BW can pull an interesting and satisfying story arc for the majority of story players in such conditions with their recent track record? Even if they will stop releasing any content for other non-story focused players?

I do not think this is a game developer you are looking for. I hope I am wrong. I hate this “limited resources” EA excuse, but this is what SWTOR now has to offer in terms of fabled “BW storytelling”. Breadcrumbs.

Edited by RandomName_Ru

*shrug

Pessimistic stuff under spoiler.

I think PC as the sacred cow show can be as dull as NPC one. Black hole Mary Sue is a fun power-trip... For the first 5 minutes.

As for the good story you want... I want it too. But game already have so many parameters. 8 classes with different backgrounds, motivations and goals, 2 extreme alignments and everything in between Light and Dark. Several years of content. Many choices that should influence the future or at least have to be referenced. PC which is one of the most powerful peoples in the Galaxy (at least on paper). Who can oppose us aside from Eldrich Abominations/Ancient Superweapons/Omnipotent Cults/Demigods? A bloated army of companions and 70% of them is “beloved by many”.

Add to it the stuff thats constantly suggested at forums... Yes, forums are a very distorted mirror of what majority really want, but it is still a place for most passionate of players go to voice their concerns and preferences (that's a polite way of saying it). More variables to consider to keep players satisfied.

Think BW can pull an interesting and satisfying story arc for the majority of story players in such conditions with their recent track record? Even if they will stop releasing any content for other non-story focused players?

I do not think this is a game developer you are looking for. I hope I am wrong. I hate this “limited resources” EA excuse, but this is what SWTOR now has to offer in terms of fabled “BW storytelling”. Breadcrumbs.

No one tells Mary Sue. It's about the format of vanilla, where the story of the PC was, and all the companions were companions, not the central figures of the narrative.

And at the same time, these stories were interesting and exciting.

Can not do 8 class stories? Let them make one story - but interesting. Without "sacred cows" - plugs in each hole.

Why waste huge resources on endless cutscenes with "sacred cows" that only a handful of their fans need?

Maybe it's better to leave these resources for writing an interesting story, which many more people will like?

Yes, I know about the deplorable state of Bioware, because I play their games since 2010. But the emphasis on "sacred cows" has nothing to do with this.

To impose to players "sacred cows" - personal desire of developers.

If the new story is again devoted to "sacred cows", I'm not going to pay it.

No one tells Mary Sue. It's about the format of vanilla, where the story of the PC was, and all the companions were companions, not the central figures of the narrative.

And at the same time, these stories were interesting and exciting.

Can not do 8 class stories? Let them make one story - but interesting. Without "sacred cows" - plugs in each hole.

Why waste huge resources on endless cutscenes with "sacred cows" that only a handful of their fans need?

Maybe it's better to leave these resources for writing an interesting story, which many more people will like?

Yes, I know about the deplorable state of Bioware, because I play their games since 2010. But the emphasis on "sacred cows" has nothing to do with this.

To impose to players "sacred cows" - personal desire of developers.

If the new story is again devoted to "sacred cows", I'm not going to pay it.

The problem is that not everybody has the same idea of what an interesting / good story is.

Just look at the vanilla stories, I love the JK and SW stories the most as they feel like the most central stories and I like to think of the 8 class stories as parts of a whole bigger story.

But I find the Consular story quite borring to be honest, it's not inintersting, but quite slow paced, and I often feel like prolog + chapter 1 on one hand and chapter 2 + 3 on the other hand could be done by 2 different characters, I don't feel like it's a whole story.

I quite like the SI story, but it does not really tie to the bigger story untill the end of chap 3 when you defeat Thanaton and take his seat on the Dark Council, and it's something that bothers me a bit.

And even if they're not flawless, I really liked SoR and KOTFE/ET. I'm just a bit sad that we did not get the full story as it was meant to be in the first place. And I'm not thrilled to go back to Empire vs Republic right now. Maybe I'll like it in the end, but right now, I'm not expecting too much, and if I don't like it, my main characters stories will end at the end of the Nathema Conspiracy, at least that a satisfying ending for them.

So how do you write one interesting story for everyone when there are as many ideas of interesting stories as there are people playing the game ?

So how do you write one interesting story for everyone when there are as many ideas of interesting stories as there are people playing the game ?

This is the task of developers. In the same SoR was in fact, one story (divided into fractions), but most of the players liked this.

KOTFE / ET is the worst story I know. This is the most illogical, ragged, sometimes impassable obtuse story, with constantly jumping accents.

1) The theme of the Valky's family, which remained undisclosed. If this is not the main thread of the story - why are they given so much attention? And if the main thing - why is it not completed properly? Why in the finals there was no place to sum up the results of this family?

2) The Eternal Empire and Zakuul. Apparently, no one is interested, including developers.

3) Iokath and the ancient race of gods-machines. Virtually not disclosed at all. Beat Zildrog, as a baby and all.

The result of several years of playing in the KOTFE / ET - well ... Absolutely no sense, but you can marry Lana / Theron.

Grandiose finale of story.

I do not know if the next addition will be good, but I can say for sure: no one of my characters will walkthrough KOTFE / ET any more.

Yeah, I felt like I couldn't go against it when he said that. I actually felt guilty with the thought of doing it! then Theron's expression.:o:(

I get what you mean Eshvara. I wonder how many people spared Arcann in previous chapters, but still left Theron to die. It just doesn't add up to me. Arcann killed millions of people, enslaved the PC for 5 years frozen. I mean he was a real nasty guy, yet many of us forgave him and welcomed him into our alliance and for some - are romancing him. So with that how could anyone let Theron die when what he did wasn't even nearly as bad?

My DS inquisitor contemplated killing Theron. And in response to Arcann's plead, she called Theron "useless". However when the time comes she remembered her man's words and spared Theron.

I left Theron to die on the only toon that also killed Senya and Arcann. That particular toon, a fallen knight, also romanced Theron. She became more and more evil as the game went on so I don't know what Theron saw in her and not betraying her for real. I despise her after she killed Arcann. I only pulled her out to see the DS outcome and now she's back to the bottom of my character's list.

I get what you mean Eshvara. I wonder how many people spared Arcann in previous chapters, but still left Theron to die. It just doesn't add up to me. Arcann killed millions of people, enslaved the PC for 5 years frozen. I mean he was a real nasty guy, yet many of us forgave him and welcomed him into our alliance and for some - are romancing him. So with that how could anyone let Theron die when what he did wasn't even nearly as bad?

Hmm, not everyone judges a character based on their crimes I guess? There's a lot of people who simply don't like a character, the way he looks, the way he's portrayed in the story, what he does. I guess it's a bias.

Given that Theron was around for many years, poeple are probably tired of him. I sort of belong to that camp, but, I'm rather happy with how they handled this chapter, and I can't say I felt the need to kill him anymore. From my PoV, it felt illogical to do so, regardless of how I feel about him.

Anyway, I dislike him a lot less, and I'm fine with him playing a part here and there in 6.0, while not being the focus. :)