INSANE prices on GTN

Tharandil

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every time I see a thread like this, I feel the need to recommend Basic Economics: A Common Sense Guide to the Economy by Thomas Sowell.

Careful, or you'll get flamed by those who insist supply and demand isn't really a thing, etc.

The real problem is credit sellers, the best fix is for bioware to make every item purchasable on the GTN. They would completely kill the credit selling market if everything you could get from credit sellers you could get from bioware for the same money it would correct itself within a few months.

I always viewed overpriced markets on MMOs as an even easier way to make credits tbh. When things sell for lots, that means you can make lots.

Right. A player (obviously a subbed player) that doesn't have a ton of time to play can make credits super easy by flipping things on the GTN. It just takes a few minutes each day.

It's weird that people complain about not having things, yet admit to not investing time or effort to obtain those things.

Right. A player (obviously a subbed player) that doesn't have a ton of time to play can make credits super easy by flipping things on the GTN. It just takes a few minutes each day.

It's weird that people complain about not having things, yet admit to not investing time or effort to obtain those things.

Yeah. Just as anything on a MMO, if you want credits you do have to put a little thought and effort/planning into it.

It's not difficult though, when some really easy to get things are highly inflated on a game like SWTOR, you can actually start very early building credits. Once you build a nice cache, the GTN can be used sort of like a stock market. You watch for items selling for cheap, then simply sell them for what they normally go for, making nice profit.

That's one part of SWTOR I always enjoyed, I always found playing the GTN fun. I did that on all games in the past too, though. I guess maybe some people just don't find that part of the game fun. It requires the least amount of time to invest too, flipping items.

In the end I found the way I made credits best was a combination of crafting and flipping GTN items.

Edited by Lhancelot