Which heroics to farm for cash?

Mashugana

It seems like there is a huge jump in difficulty in Heroics at some point. On starter planets I am god like and by Hoth they start to get harder. If you are casually farming for cash do you just grab all the heroics from certain lowbie planets because you are over powered? Is there a sort of list of favorites?

I'd like to grind every day for a while to build up cash - I'm not sure on what some of you may have already figured out to be the best/fastest way :)

Thanks

It seems like there is a huge jump in difficulty in Heroics at some point. On starter planets I am god like and by Hoth they start to get harder. If you are casually farming for cash do you just grab all the heroics from certain lowbie planets because you are over powered? Is there a sort of list of favorites?

I'd like to grind every day for a while to build up cash - I'm not sure on what some of you may have already figured out to be the best/fastest way :)

Thanks

There are other things to consider, like how long they take. Some are really, really quick no matter which planet they are on, while others take a bit longer. (One of my favourite planets for this is Ord Mantell on a trooper or smuggler. There are three H2s and they are all in the same place, although the bonus mission for one of them requires you to kill seps on the mainland, outside the heroic area.)

Other clusters of H2s:

* Pub Balmorra Colicoid-related ones.

* Pub Alderaan Killik-related ones.

* Pub Taris, "Mutations" and "Fallen Knights" (?name) are very close together, although Mutations has kill-conflict issues.

* Probably others that I can't name off the top of my head.

Ones to avoid, usually because they have something that you must kill and it has a long respawn timer:

* Pub Taris "Mutations" - you must kill 5 irradiated raks, except that they have a 5-minute respawn timer.

* Coruscant, "Face Merchants" - you must kill and loot a Black Sun dude, and the first bonus mission involves killing 15 of these dudes, so they are usually all dead, especially on a Tuesday.

* Dromund Kaas, "Possessed Hunter" - you must kill this one dude in a non-instanced area, and he has a 15-minute respawn timer.

* Others that I can't name off the top of my head.

There are other things to consider, like how long they take. Some are really, really quick no matter which planet they are on, while others take a bit longer. (One of my favourite planets for this is Ord Mantell on a trooper or smuggler. There are three H2s and they are all in the same place, although the bonus mission for one of them requires you to kill seps on the mainland, outside the heroic area.)

Other clusters of H2s:

* Pub Balmorra Colicoid-related ones.

* Pub Alderaan Killik-related ones.

* Pub Taris, "Mutations" and "Fallen Knights" (?name) are very close together, although Mutations has kill-conflict issues.

* Probably others that I can't name off the top of my head.

Ones to avoid, usually because they have something that you must kill and it has a long respawn timer:

* Pub Taris "Mutations" - you must kill 5 irradiated raks, except that they have a 5-minute respawn timer.

* Coruscant, "Face Merchants" - you must kill and loot a Black Sun dude, and the first bonus mission involves killing 15 of these dudes, so they are usually all dead, especially on a Tuesday.

* Dromund Kaas, "Possessed Hunter" - you must kill this one dude in a non-instanced area, and he has a 15-minute respawn timer.

A solution to those that have a respawn timer, group up with others in the area and it makes it easier. I normally try to group up with those in the area and if they decide not to then I don't feel bad if they reject my offer and I kill it before they even see it or send my companion to kill a different one than the one I am currently killing. Normally after the first time I do that they ask if I can group up with them.

Thanks all - great advice. Question:

My Gunslinger has accumulated about 6mil while doing Iokath dailies, but I don't know how that compares to doing other dailies.

Are 'dailies' in SWTOR different from running heroics? Do I get dailies from a different terminal?

Thanks all - great advice. Question:

Are 'dailies' in SWTOR different from running heroics? Do I get dailies from a different terminal?

Dailies are different, as there are normally in set locations and can run from 5 to more missions and there can also be a weekly involved.

Dailies are located on:

Yavin

Black Hole (Corellia but a different area)

Section X (Belsavis but a different area)

Ziost

CZ-198

Ikoath

There should be mission terminals there but if you are level 70 and a sub you can also pull those areas from the Command box as well, just circle through until you get one of those area and then take all the missions from there. The weekly is only for one time each week but the dailies you can do more every day.

Hey guys heroics are good to do to get cash I would advise doing at least one of them from each planet or you could do them all of you want you can go to the fleet to pick up different heroics or you can get them on the fleet.

Have fun playing swtor

Click here for 7 days free subscription love you all https://www.swtor.com/r/YVMhJr

Edited by Phelenor

@SteveTheCynic: on which server do you play? And are there differences between them?

Nah, you do not have to go off the island. The bonus mission is counting killed silver/strong savrips. The counter does not increase for weak and gold savrips and even not for the champion/silvergold near the spawning point of the priority transports.

Nah, not 15 minutes. It's about 5 minutes just like the mutated rakghouls in the open "Mutations" heroic on pub Taris.

@SteveTheCynic: on which server do you play? And are there differences between them?

Mantle of the Force. And the structure of the missions is the same on all servers.

Nah, you do not have to go off the island. The bonus mission is counting killed silver/strong savrips. The counter does not increase for weak and gold savrips and even not for the champion/silvergold near the spawning point of the priority transports.

There are *THREE* missions on that island: blow the towers, talk to the droid, and kill the gold-star savrips. One of them has "kill 10 savrips" as its bonus (sorry, don't remember which), and one has "kill 6 Separatist Lookouts"(1), but you don't see it until you go back onto the mainland and kill at least one lookout. Back in the day, you'd approach the island from Oradam Village, and therefore you'd pass by the lookouts and pick at least one off, and therefore activate the bonus. Now? Not so much. Well, you *can*, but only actual lowbie troopers and smugglers likely to do so.

(1) Might be scavengers rather than seps, but they are definitely lookouts.

Nah, not 15 minutes. It's about 5 minutes just like the mutated rakghouls in the open "Mutations" heroic on pub Taris.

Hmm. OK, my bad.

Depending on your level and if you are sub or not I would actually recommend doing the Daily areas.

If you are a sub and at lvl 70...

1. For now, you get significantly more CXP especially with a Command Boost from the daily area quests.

2. The credit return is about the same.(Somebody correct me please if I am wrong)

3. The daily quests tend to be quicker and easier to complete, I.E. Black Hole, CZ-198.

4. Also get reputation items for completing the daily quests. Reputation is legacy-wide and some of the rep vendors have some good armor shells.

Heroics

1. Heroics are good because of the $ drop and I seem to get more green and blue loot dropped. Which I then sell for more $.

2. If you have the Knights of the Fallen Empire expansion, after you hit lvl 60, you start getting crates from the heroic missions. These crates can then be turned in at and after Chapter IX during the KOTFE story to NPCs and you get loot from them.

For both heroics and dailies if you are lvl 70 and subbed, make sure you use the Galactic Command interface to get the Planetary Mission for either the heroic or daily planet you are going to do.

Personally, I avoid the ones on Voss, strictly due to time. The republic Killik ones on Alderaan and pretty much any heroic on Makeb I also avoid.

Several heroics are trivial with a stealthier, even ones that would be relatively long otherwise. Many of the heroics on Belsavis fall into this category.

There was a reddit thread going when 4.0 came out that listed relative time-to-completion for most of the heroics on both factions. If you are just going for credits or Alliance Supply Crates, you can just stick to the short ones. Unfortunately, if you are going through the Galactic Command interface to get the daily CXP bonus for doing X number of heroics on a planet, X is usually at least one greater than the number of super easy 5-10 min missions on the planet.

Sorry all - I am being dense re: dailies. How do I get the dailies for Voss or Iokath or the others? Galactic Command panel? Is there a terminal on fleet or Odessen? To I have to physically run there?

And as long as I am asking, how do I find story mode flashpoints? I'd like to see each one at least once - terminal? Do I have to find and run into the Flashpoint? Is there an area on fleet that is a hub?

Thanks again

Sorry all - I am being dense re: dailies. How do I get the dailies for Voss or Iokath or the others? Galactic Command panel? Is there a terminal on fleet or Odessen? To I have to physically run there?

And as long as I am asking, how do I find story mode flashpoints? I'd like to see each one at least once - terminal? Do I have to find and run into the Flashpoint? Is there an area on fleet that is a hub?

Thanks again

You can get dailies either by using the galactic command interface (ctrl+G by default, once you're lvl 70) and clicking on the heroics/daily panel untill you get the one you want to do or you can go to the planet the dailies are on and pick up the missions there (but you won't get the extra cxp from gal. com. this way). Note that some of the dailies require you to have done some of the story they are attached to. For example, if you want to do the oricon dailies, you must have unlocked them by playing through the oricon storyline, if you want to do the yavin dailies, you must have done SoR or started KOTFE and so on...

For solo FP's you can either use the gal. com. interface (once you're lvl 70) and click on the flashpoint panel (make sure it's actually on "solo" and not "tactical" or "master") or you can go to the flashpoint entrance and pick up the quest there. Most of them are on the fleet, but there is also one on manaan, two on rishi, two on ilum and one on odessen.

Ziost, Czerka and the Black hole dallies yield about 100K each, give or take, and can be done in 10-12 minutes each, once a day, once you devise the shortest pathing route and avoid fighting any unnecessary mobs.

There are several quick heroics on both sides. - Once you do them a few times, you'll figure out which ones give the most credits for the least amount of work. - Some of the quickest are on the starter planets. -IIRC the Corellia, Taris Hoth and Alderaan ones are generally longer, apart from 1 or 2 exceptions. Blamorra and Belsavis have some that are super quick. "Toxic Bombs" and "Spring Thaw" are really fast imperial side. The linked Blamorra Heroics on pubside are also good, since several overlap.

Grouping up always makes them faster. Set all companions to DPS and chew through everything at breakneck speed. :)

GL