The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Thanks for Theron Shan. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

DarthEnrique

You guys got some pretty cool-looking outfits. :p I'm especially loving the nice dyes on Asmudesu's and Goreshanga's characters

I'd like to have my characters in different outfits at different times of their lives, but truth be told, I'm usually too cheap for that... :o Outfit slots cost money and I've got stuff to buy! :p In addition, some of my characters have been wearing the same outfit for years and I couldn't imagine them wearing anything else anymore. I've got one exception though, a somewhat recent imperial agent I made. I decided to try to get some additional immersion by making sure she's always wearing an outfit that's appropriate to the cover role she's portraying. :D I've actually quite enjoyed it, even if I wouldn't want to do it on all my characters.

Anyway, I try to pick an outfit that my character would actually like to wear. So, if I feel my character feels at home in the battlefield, they're gonna wear something practical they can fight in. More of a manipulator or a diplomat? Sure, they can just put on a dress or a skirt. One big exception is heavy armor though -- I tend to despise the look of it, so my bounty hunters and troopers often wear something less bulky.

My "primary" Theron romancer wears the Atton Rand set because I adore Atton, I adore his set, it has the "casual underworld scum"-feeling I'm looking for -- and he has been wearing it since it was released, so it would feel weird to see him in anything else. :p

Thanks ^^

Well i tend to run a ton of heroics whenever i need some cash, and try to get my hands on the sets i like when i find them at a decent price on the GM (not always easy though), or when they're on sale on the CM.

I'm trying to have more or less 1 outfit / chapter on my main characters, the exception would probably be my IA (who i'm trying to dress in the most appropriate way for her undercover missions, just like you)

My Sith will probably wear a little less too, like one outfit for their time as apprentice, one for their time as newly appointed Wrath and Lord Kallig, and one for KOTFE/ET.

Edited by Goreshaga

Thanks xD

My SW is an Imperial princess pretty much, acts like it, is overconfident, all noble-like, takes charge everywhere and snaps at people who think otherwise but she does wear mostly practical fighting armour/clothing... except for the capes. She likes capes. Bad *** with a cape!

I have a set of outfits, sometimes they cover a planet or two but they change depending on storyline events.

I have tried over the course of 5 years so many different cc looks and outfit types for her. Slowly started being pulled to the same ones all the time now so I know they're right for her.

I admit my Mandalorian and trooper don't wear heavy armour because I think it's all ugly so.. xDD

I don't change my companion's outfits much, past one maybe two sets. Theron I have his original stuff, and an extra jacket but not much else. I dunno, just feels wrong to me, I very very rarely even use the customisations so Lana and Senya etc remain as-is no changing it up.

Edited by Asmodesu

oooh this was interesting, I hadn't paid as much attention to abilities and dialogue from the Children of the Emperor before but Stark is a sith who uses the light side, and the Force in Balance. intriguing.

I've made it to Voss.

I like the Battle Master and the Alliance Commander. What outfits are they wearing?

Battle master is the Force Apprentice set (Apprenti de la Force, si tu le veux en français) and Commander is the Shikaakwan Royalty set (membre de la Famille Royale de Shikaakwan) for upper part mixed with Satele's pants and boots. :)

Level 52 :D and instead of going further my tired, exhausted brain laughed at this so I wrot eit down to cringe at when I'm not so tired.

Lana enters the safehouse "mmm what smells good, who's cooking?"

Saf: "me.."

Lana: raises eyebrow.. "ookay, what are you cooking?"

Saf: "fish. I would have chosen a roast bird but it reminded me of a Rishi.. for all I know it could have been a Rishi. No thanks. Fried fish, it's safe to eat. Relax."

Lana: stares at the Emperor's Wrath ... stares at the fish "where did you get the fish from?"

Saf: "... I fell in the river and it bit me. So now it's dead, and now we're going to eat it. Problem?"

Lana: "not at all. That does explain your dripping clothes however."

Theron arrives. "something smells good," he pauses. "wait, you can cook?"

Saf: "Imperial rations are horrid for meals. Yes, I know how to cook. Only way to get a decent meal out here."

Theron "no complaints from me! where did you get that fish from though?"

Saf: "I am NOT having that conversation again..."

Theron "something to do with your clothes being drenched? I guess fishing is harder than cooking."

..... .... ....

Level 52 :D and instead of going further my tired, exhausted brain laughed at this so I wrot eit down to cringe at when I'm not so tired.

Saf: "fish. I would have chosen a roast bird but it reminded me of a Rishi.. for all I know it could have been a Rishi. No thanks. Fried fish, it's safe to eat. Relax."

Lana: stares at the Emperor's Wrath ... stares at the fish "where did you get the fish from?"

Saf: "... I fell in the river and it bit me. So now it's dead, and now we're going to eat it. Problem?"

Saf: "Imperial rations are horrid for meals. Yes, I know how to cook. Only way to get a decent meal out here."

Theron "something to do with your clothes being drenched? I guess fishing is harder than cooking."

..... .... ....

Hehe, nice.

I like when little funny scenes pop into the mind. ;)

..... .... ....

Loved it, that was funny :D

Not sure Naeya could cook something that actually tasted good even if her life depended on it xD

Not sure Naeya could cook something that actually tasted good even if her life depended on it xD

I never even thought about Nyx cooking anything.

Sith eat everything raw, right? :D It would be easier. :p

Yeah, one big thing for Saf was that she learns to cook, and well, so that she can continue her expected tasty dishes (since she is basically an Imperial Princess, noble family blah blah blah) while in the middle of battlefields. lol

So during her apprenticeship to Baras she learns. As my scene thingy said- she despises Imperial rations xD real food only! but because of her rank, people are always surprised xD

edit: zomg rereading your post, I was just reminded how my characters gagged a bit at the smell of Satele's cooking in ch 12 of KotFE lmfao. Similar skills?? :D

Edited by Asmodesu

Yeah, one big thing for Saf was that she learns to cook, and well, so that she can continue her expected tasty dishes (since she is basically an Imperial Princess, noble family blah blah blah) while in the middle of battlefields. lol

So during her apprenticeship to Baras she learns. As my scene thingy said- she despises Imperial rations xD real food only! but because of her rank, people are always surprised xD

edit: zomg rereading your post, I was just reminded how my characters gagged a bit at the smell of Satele's cooking in ch 12 of KotFE lmfao. Similar skills?? :D

Well Naeya was nobility too, she never had to learn how to cook before becoming a Padawan, and i guess afterwards she only learned how to cook that awfull Jedi stew. I guess Theron or Lana would have to be the ones cooking during their time together on Rishi.

And yeah, i'm pretty sure Naeya would cook something like that :D

Edited by Goreshaga

Well Naeya was nobility too, she never had to learn how to cook before becoming a Padawan, and i guess afterwards she only learned how to cook that awfull Jedi stew. I guess Theron or Lana would have to be the ones cooking during their time together on Rishi.

And yeah, i'm pretty sure Naeya would cook something like that :D

Yeah, Organa right?

Saf only taught herself because she's a little paranoid. And Treek sticks her nose up at Saf cooking the meat she hunts or w/e xDD so it was part paranoia, part dislike of Imperial rations and part bragging rights. She's no chef, but she can cook something that at least tastes okay. :p

Yeah, Organa right?

Saf only taught herself because she's a little paranoid. And Treek sticks her nose up at Saf cooking the meat she hunts or w/e xDD so it was part paranoia, part dislike of Imperial rations and part bragging rights. She's no chef, but she can cook something that at least tastes okay. :p

Yup ^^

As long as it tastes ok, it's all good. ;)

About Naeya, i don't think she likes cooking, and i don't think she'd be good at this. That could make for something funny actually, when she tries to cook for them and only Jakaro likes the taste of it while Lana and Theron think it tastes awfull :D

****.. finally got to SoR, having to do those first flashpoints and nowhere can I choose the solo mode. what the heck changed?

I think it's something like "story mode"

You're faster than me, I just finished Belsavis with my Naeya clone, well recording takes a bit longer as i'm trying the different dialog options to pick the most suitable for her during the cutscenes.

And Doc just got theratened to eat liquid if he continued to call her beauty :D

He'll be sad when she'll fall for Theron, while she never had for him

I think it's something like "story mode"

You're faster than me, I just finished Belsavis with my Naeya clone, well recording takes a bit longer as i'm trying the different dialog options to pick the most suitable for her during the cutscenes.

And Doc just got threatened to eat liquid if he continued to call her beauty :D

He'll be sad when she'll fall for Theron, while she never had for him

I can't choose anything except Veteran or Master :( so I started Makeb instead...

@ bold+underline = perfect response!

My most recent clone of Saf, and "real" one I am playing as I write so I get the feel of the planet as well, and record also, So I record a planet, stop.. write etc but I have a LOT of Saf clones *whistles innocently* a little obsessed with her lmao.

@ bold+underline = perfect response!

My most recent clone of Saf, and "real" one I am playing as I write so I get the feel of the planet as well, and record also, So I record a planet, stop.. write etc but I have a LOT of Saf clones *whistles innocently* a little obsessed with her lmao.

Yep, that the funniest thing you can have with Doc :D

I guess it's kind of a game between them, to see who will give up first, either he'll stop flirting with her or she'll give up and give him what he wants, but she's a very stubborn and quite proud girl, and i guess Theron will kick in before Doc gets his way. :D

Well i use my current clone to record the cutescenes, and i have another one where i record the full playthrought, that way, i can watch the surroundings and all, to help me with the descriptions. And i don't have to play while writing, so if my internet is too bad to play, i can still write, but that clone just finished Coruscant as i wanted her to be lvl 70 before going though, so that the fights won't take forever while recording.

But i'm a slow worker, i just finished my 1st chapter and that's before she arrives on Tython, so i'm really, really far away from when she'll meet Theron :D

Well, i may begin writing SoR before continuing with the class story, because that's what i want to write right now.

Lol, i'm the same, i only have 3 Naeya, because i can't add new characters, but whenever i want to replay or see other options, i just erase one of the clones and start all over again.

Edited by Goreshaga

Well, i may begin writing SoR before continuing with the class story, because that's what i want to write right now.

You can still write prequels in a later stage. ;) It depends of the amount of things that have to be said about Naeya's past to substantiate the one you are writing.

As I have been starting at Arcann's arrival on Odessen, there are many things from Nyx's past that I integrate in the chapters where she has the POV. This way I can simply link the parts contextually to the scene I am writing about.

*sigh* I am looking forward to finish this chapter. 9 pages and still counting. They are becoming longer and longer.

You can still write prequels in a later stage. ;) It depends of the amount of things that have to be said about Naeya's past to substantiate the one you are writing.

As I have been starting at Arcann's arrival on Odessen, there are many things from Nyx's past that I integrate in the chapters where she has the POV. This way I can simply link the parts contextually to the scene I am writing about.

*sigh* I am looking forward to finish this chapter. 9 pages and still counting. They are becoming longer and longer.

Yep, i'll see when i get to SoR with this clone. I just finished Voss with her, so i'm not there yet.

And while writing, i put a note at the begining about when and where it takes place, that way it'll be easier if i don't write in chronological order.

Hey, the more, the better for the reader, keep up the good work, i can't wait to read what you're writing ;)

Edited by Goreshaga

Yep, that the funniest thing you can have with Doc :D

I guess it's kind of a game between them, to see who will give up first, either he'll stop flirting with her or she'll give up and give him what he wants, but she's a very stubborn and quite proud girl, and i guess Theron will kick in before Doc gets his way. :D

Well i use my current clone to record the cutescenes, and i have another one where i record the full playthrought, that way, i can watch the surroundings and all, to help me with the descriptions. And i don't have to play while writing, so if my internet is too bad to play, i can still write, but that clone just finished Coruscant as i wanted her to be lvl 70 before going though, so that the fights won't take forever while recording.

But i'm a slow worker, i just finished my 1st chapter and that's before she arrives on Tython, so i'm really, really far away from when she'll meet Theron :D

Lol, i'm the same, i only have 3 Naeya, because i can't add new characters, but whenever i want to replay or see other options, i just erase one of the clones and start all over again.

Ah, I won't ever record the gameplay most likely xD I don't have that kind of harddrive space while using fraps!

I'm slow too, it took me 4 years to finish one chapter. In my opinion start anywhere you feel comfortable. I only got mine to DK yesterday (in writing) but I have scattered bit and pieces written of KotFE/SoR time period also.

I'm stubborn so will finish the class story bits before going fully into SoR era as there's a lot from the class time period for me to wrap up that my fic adds which is addressed in SoR era. So I gotta get it all done beforehand for my own brain to keep everything consistent xD

My gal is a Revanite throughout the class story. So I don't want to mix things up, but I also want Theron QQ it's motivation to keep me writing lol.

I write whatever Jen is feeling. It isn't always the next chapter that needs to be written. I just set them aside to be added in when the time is right. I have a bunch written that I can't wait to share. But I am working towards them slowly.