The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Thanks for Theron Shan. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

DarthEnrique

I am writing the Kaliyo chapter right now, and I really don't like her. So I thought I would write it from Theron's pov, then I only have to do the bit where he sees her, and then he goes back to the shuttle and fiddles around with the controls or something while keeping an eye on Jen through his implants. That way he can day dream about Jen, and I don't have to really go into Kaliyo detail. Then I have to write the chapter after that, which is Jorgan, not sure who's pov. But I have three chapters already to go for after these two. Just have to finish them.

Keep at it. There are chapters that have to be told to move the story along, but aren't as engaging as others. I know, I struggle with it too when writing. There are chapters you want to write and others that you just have to push through. I sometimes wonder if I should stop writing, because I don't know if it really is any good, or people are just being nice. But, then I remember, I am writing for me. Not for someone down the street. It is my story, and if I don't tell it no one else will.

Edited by rachetsw

Keep at it. There are chapters that have to be told to move the story along, but aren't as engaging as others. I know, I struggle with it too when writing. There are chapters you want to write and others that you just have to push through. I sometimes wonder if I should stop writing, because I don't know if it really is any good, or people are just being nice. But, then I remember, I am writing for me. Not for someone down the street. It is my story, and if I don't tell it no one else will.

Yup, it's hard when I am my own worst critic xD but these "filler" chapters are needed to set up the stage and my character for the bits that are important and I want to tell.

I'm sceptical about all nice comments, I don't believe them xD it's a pessimist habit lol.

Edited by Asmodesu

Do you think Theron went for some massage with that weird Skytrooper after he left you with Kaliyo ? :D

I'm leveling a consular too (but to try out the Iresso romance), i'm sad that we can't get rid of Holliday actually right now, my JC was having some fun with Tharan until he had to stop because of her :(

And replaying a Naeya clone, i'm still a long way from meeting Theron though as i just finished chapter 2.

Edited by Goreshaga

Sneaking in... I share the writing issues. ;) I am struggling with my first time attempting to write a fight (first part of the chapter) and a discussion around Valkorion. It all needs research, and in-depth thinking about the characters and it is definitely hard. Especially as I am not writing in my own language. On the fighting part at least, I lack a lot of vocabulary.

Keep up working, writers! We'll all end up having our stories told.

oooh I love fight scenes, I struggle with everything else though. Looking forward to writing out my first ship battle! (think the solo on rails space mission quests)

Log into your character and check out all of your abilities, read the tool tips and google for something similar on the star wars wiki or wookiepedia etc if using a force user etc, can easily use just the Force stances instead of writing out every hit, like is done in some of the swtor books.

Edited by Asmodesu

oooh I love fight scenes, I struggle with everything else though. Looking forward to writing out my first ship battle! (think the solo on rails space mission quests)

Log into your character and check out all of your abilities, read the tool tips and google for something similar on the star wars wiki or wookiepedia etc if using a force user etc, can easily use just the Force stances instead of writing out every hit, like is done in some of the swtor books.

Well if you have good tips for fight scenes, I take them gladly. I apparently suck at writing them. :p

Well if you have good tips for fight scenes, I take them gladly. I apparently suck at writing them. :p

How I do it for lightsaber (or force ability) wielders was getting to know basics of the 7 lightsaber forms and recognising which one my character excelled at. So for example was Saf- Shii-cho (the 1st) because all sith and jedi should know it. It's the beginner one. and I stuck to the game's description so she uses Ataru (form #4 - thanks to her being a carnage marauder, skill prof tab shows ataru mastery etc) as her form which is fast paced, agility and movement, force flowing through the wielder and focused on movement, deflection and saber use until they're almost a blur in combat. All offensive and aggressive, not defensive.

I keep combat scenes short and sweet, sometimes just a nice little description of enemy, how the point of view character is feeling, and a few moves is more than enough.

Edited by Asmodesu

How I do it for lightsaber (or force ability) wielders was getting to know basics of the 7 lightsaber forms and recognising which one my character excelled at. So for example was Saf- Shii-cho (the 1st) because all sith and jedi should know it. It's the beginner one. and I stuck to the game's description so she uses Ataru (form #4 - thanks to her being a carnage marauder, skill prof tab shows ataru mastery etc) as her form which is fast paced, agility and movement, force flowing through the wielder and focused on movement, deflection and saber use until they're almost a blur in combat. All offensive and aggressive, not defensive.

I keep combat scenes short and sweet, sometimes just a nice little description of enemy, how the point of view character is feeling, and a few moves is more than enough.

Haha, more things in common between Saf and Naeya then, she's a Combat Sentinel, so she's all about speed and agility, dancing a lethal dance with her ennemies.

Edited by Goreshaga

Haha, more things in common between Saf and Naeya then, she's a Combat Sentinel, so she's all about speed and agility, dancing a lethal dance with her ennemies.

xD hmm I guess a difference would be how Saf works hard and parties hard - there will be a recurring joke from Vette about a week in Nar Shaddaa that Saf cannot remember due to being pretty much drunk the entire time. It was her first proper downtime and she doesn't recall exactly what she did, but Vette can xD

Because her entire job is war and combat, she sees herself as a weapon and nothing more hence barely any friends, romantic entanglements (until Theron at least), or real connections. only thing that changes is who wields her - Tremel, Baras, the Emperor, then the Alliance.

I'll have a look at that...

Nyx is not supposed to be good with a lightsaber, at least not as good as your girls Asmodesu and Goreshaga. ;) As a SI, she is more into all other Force powers, pushes, telekinesis, lightnings, chokes. A different style. ;)

But she knows some dirty fighting from her rattataki past. :p

xD hmm I guess a difference would be how Saf works hard and parties hard - there will be a recurring joke from Vette about a week in Nar Shaddaa that Saf cannot remember due to being pretty much drunk the entire time. It was her first proper downtime and she doesn't recall exactly what she did, but Vette can xD

Because her entire job is war and combat, she sees herself as a weapon and nothing more hence barely any friends, romantic entanglements (until Theron at least), or real connections. only thing that changes is who wields her - Tremel, Baras, the Emperor, then the Alliance.

Well, yeah she's not that much into parties :D

She's a fighter, and thinks that the best place for her is on the battlefield fighting for the Republic and its people (once she became the Commander, she fights mostly for the people of the Alliance).

So she does not have much fun, and no romantic engagement either (Doc tried really hard but without any luck), until she met Theron, where she began struggling between her engagement to the Jedi and her feelings for him, and then between her feelings and the fact that the old man was in her head.

I'll have a look at that...

Nyx is not supposed to be good with a lightsaber, at least not as good as your girls Asmodesu and Goreshaga. ;) As a SI, she is more into all other Force powers, pushes, telekinesis, lightnings, chokes. A different style. ;)

But she knows some dirty fighting from her rattataki past. :p

Is she a sorceress or an assassin ? Because things change quite much between the 2.

Sorcerers clearly suck with any lightsaber abilities (they have only 2 iirc), while assassins are not that bad (yeah not as good as JK or SW), but quite nice too.

I have several JC and SI, but they're all Shadows / Assassins, i love my stealth too much i guess, and they're nice to farm credits too :D

We made a Rattataki JK for my sis, he was a gladiator untill he was freed by the Jedi and became one himself, but, he's not that good with keeping his emotions in check and is not very patient either, maybe they could share some dirty tricks xD

Funny thing is that i prefer my SW as Rage Juggernauts, with some really violent fighting style, while i like my JK better as Combat Sentinels, all about speed and agility.

Edited by Goreshaga

Is she a sorceress or an assassin ? Because things change quite much between the 2.

Sorcerers clearly suck with any lightsaber abilities (they have only 2 iirc), while assassins are not that bad (yeah not as good as JK or SW), but quite nice too.

I have several JC and SI, but they're all Shadows / Assassins, i love my stealth too much i guess, and they're nice to farm credits too :D

We made a Rattataki JK for my sis, he was a gladiator untill he was freed by the Jedi and became one himself, but, he's not that good with keeping his emotions in check and is not very patient either, maybe they could share some dirty tricks xD

Funny thing is that i prefer my SW as Rage Juggernauts, with some really violent fighting style, while i like my JK better as Combat Sentinels, all about speed and agility.

She's a sorceress. In terms of storytelling I will probably not consider that she only knows two moves, but still... She definitely needs someone to shield her and watch her back (hint hint hint lol :p)

Rattataki is risky for a Jedi. :p Not the most patient kind, yes. Maybe as a JC as they learn more control. Being SI and not SK clearly helps with Nyx, at least she learnt control. ^^ But yeah, dirty tricks, she learnt them the same way, the pit.

I love my SW Rage Juggernaut! The JK who will be dating Theron (let's not forget about him) is a Sentinel. ;)

Edited by Iheaca

She's a sorceress. In terms of storytelling I will probably not consider that she only knows two moves, but still... She definitely needs someone to shield her and watch her back (hint hint hint lol :p)

Rattataki is risky for a Jedi. :p Not the most patient kind, yes. Maybe as a JC as they learn more control. Being SI and not SK clearly helps with Nyx, at least she learnt control. ^^ But yeah, dirty tricks, she learnt them the same way, the pit.

I love my SW Rage Juggernaut! The JK who will be dating Theron (let's not forget about him) is a Sentinel. ;)

Yeah, it's a bit poor on lightsaber skills for a sorcerer or a sage. That's probably one of the reasons i run mostly assassins / shadows (alongside my beloved stealth ability), while i think that sorcerers / sages make a bit more sense storywise for SI and JC.

Well, the character was originaly a SI (the one we tried the m/m romance with Theron, but it was not really working, we tried a m/m romance with Arcann too, but not much better).

But i already have a pureblood assassin that i like very much, and my sister wanted to see the JK story, but with a male character (me too, as i've only played that story with Naeya clones), and she loved her Rattataki too much, so we remade him as a JK, and he works quite well, well, he sometimes looses a bit his temper, but is still a fairly good Jedi. Don't know with who he'll end up as she wants him to be gay, and part of my bigger story, so no Theron or Arcann for him. (could work with my SI though).

Arcann is with the lady SW we made for her, and she's a cool character that works well with him. At least the kiss didn't look odd with her compared to the Rattataki we tried before, even though she's a BT3, and nearly as tall as Arcann, and she didn't shrink while kissing him, which was the case with all the kisses with Quinn. :D

And yeah, i love the violent fighting style of the Rage Juggernaut, opposed to the more elegant and accrobatic style of the Combat Sentinel, i think it suits my characters nicely.

And, yup, don't forget about Theron he deserves love ! :D

Edited by Goreshaga

Well my Nolan-Traly guy finally made it to Hoth, but more importantly is that while he was on this dreadful icy planet he looted his first pair of pants! no more skirts!! hurrah!!

Lol, i hate most of the Consulars and Inquisitors outfits, those robes are just awfull. Well it can be ok for Sages or Sorcerers because they don't have to move that much, but Shadows and Assassins still need to be able to move properly.

Lol, i hate most of the Consulars and Inquisitors outfits, those robes are just awfull. Well it can be ok for Sages or Sorcerers because they don't have to move that much, but Shadows and Assassins still need to be able to move properly.

Yeah, my warrior's go-to is jeans, simple boots (none of those clunky armour things) and a simple, not too heavy-armoured chest with a cape <3

Even my Sage doesn't wear a skirt, he'd probably trip over the hem of it in the middle of a battlefield. Embarrassing!

Though admittedly I ditched Theron's horse-riding boots the moment the game allowed me to xD

edit: do not get me started on the consular hats...

Edited by Asmodesu

Yeah, my warrior's go-to is jeans, simple boots (none of those clunky armour things) and a simple, not too heavy-armoured chest with a cape <3

Even my Sage doesn't wear a skirt, he'd probably trip over the hem of it in the middle of a battlefield. Embarrassing!

Though admittedly I ditched Theron's horse-riding boots the moment the game allowed me to xD

edit: do not get me started on the consular hats...

My JK wore Vrook Lamar outfit as a Padawan and Knight, then the Jedi Survivalist as a Jedi Master, then the Force Apprentice as the Battle Master and now the Shikaakwan Royalty as the Alliance Commander.

Quite practical outfits, not too much fabric, no cape, no hood, not much risk of tripping over, or being blinded by a hood.

My JC wears the Jedi Strategist armor set, SI wears the sith recluse armor set, and SW had Thana Vesh torso part and dramatic extrovert armor set for the rest of his outfit, now he's wearing one of the newest set, i don't remember the name though.

And female SW wears the Primeval Stalker armor set.

I don't like masks or hood as i like to see my characters' faces, capes and robes don't seem very practical, so that makes a lot of things i don't want on my FU :rolleyes:

My SW wore a mask when he became the Wrath though, because half his face and his hair were burnt on Quesh when he was caught in that explosion.

I love her current outfit (OK, it is not Theron behind, I know ^^)

https://imgur.com/a/xBzYWsF

She looks great !

I love Thana's outfit, had it on my JK while she was under Vitiate's influence too, but she did not keep for a very long time though.

I gave Theron the Secret Agent set as soon as it became possible to change his outfit and Lana wears the Sith Cultist set.

Edited by Goreshaga

My Saf has an evolution of armour styles over time. She spends the most time in the Exar Kun chest, varying everything else depending on what I like. much older screenshot from a couple of clones ago.

She uses white lightsaber crystals after Tatooine, due to her constantly twisting and changing siding with the Force. It's after that planet she settles and is more sure of who she is and crystals in her lightsaber get warped to create a white one, torn between both sides of the Force and not belonging to either philosophy truly.

After DK/Balmorra she climbs up the Revanites ladder so uses a few of their styles like this one.

one SoR outfit from a while back, probably will use it again for this real/proper run though I'm recording. I'm playing my final version of a clone as I write so I get the feel of combat and locations/events fresh in my head while writing.

Three more of my favourites. One , Two , Three .

And a better look at my current favourite one <3

Emm is described through out my story as a princess. She spends quite a sizable amount of credits on clothing. Then she actually becomes Empress. Nothing she wears is really practical. She wears a lot of skirts, despite being an anni marauder. When I record her story I am going to have to do at least two versions and splice them together because her hair changes between being up or down almost as much as her outfits change.

Jen wears Satele Shan leggings pretty much with whatever top I put her in, lol. She is on the move a lot and she feels more comfortable not getting tangled up in a skirt. She doesn't wear a lot of heavy armor, even though as a Mandalorian she should. Right now she is in heavy armor, but it is a temporary change, that was necessary to my story.

I decided to put some of my non force users in Theron's outfit. (just wish the brown shirt part would dye) Though I do like parts of the arkan (sp) set. I hate the armor in this game. They all either look dirty, scratched up or dinged. My trooper wants to keep it neat and clean.

I am not impressed with a lot of the jedi/sith stuff. Way too many layers and parts and not all of it can dye. Also I am not sure if it would be comfortable all of those layers. I would think a jedi would want something comfy and loose. Not tight and bulky. But I have noticed that some of the best outfits are the KOTOR stuff.

My Saf has an evolution of armour styles over time. She spends the most time in the Exar Kun chest, varying everything else depending on what I like. much older screenshot from a couple of clones ago.

She uses white lightsaber crystals after Tatooine, due to her constantly twisting and changing siding with the Force. It's after that planet she settles and is more sure of who she is and crystals in her lightsaber get warped to create a white one, torn between both sides of the Force and not belonging to either philosophy truly.

After DK/Balmorra she climbs up the Revanites ladder so uses a few of their styles like this one.

one SoR outfit from a while back, probably will use it again for this real/proper run though I'm recording. I'm playing my final version of a clone as I write so I get the feel of combat and locations/events fresh in my head while writing.

Three more of my favourites. One , Two , Three .

And a better look at my current favourite one <3

Seems like we have the same kind of taste in outfits :D

Saf and Naeya kinda look like they could be sisters.

Naeya's Knight outfit

Jedi Master

Battle Master

Alliance Commander

Edited by Goreshaga