Thanks for Theron Shan. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

DarthEnrique

I only play in English and to me it's the opposite, he sounds way more resentful of Satele herself on imperial side, whereas on republic side he sounds more salty at the Jedi order and their rule that got him abandoned than he does at Satele, and even though he goes out of his way to say how not close they are his actual actions (getting super panicked when Tython is under attack, checking to make sure she's ok afterward and sounding really relieved that she was not on Tython, etc) show that he cares and worries about her and imo it is very clear that he wishes they were closer.

I think it's one thing writing someone act out of their own perspective but another when it's about how one should actually deal with irl depression and trauma. There's no point arguing whose method is right because irl you don't have a "the way" to deal with those things. Fictional character, however, can act according to our imagination as long as it's not too far shoot from their basic personality foundation.

Edited by eabevella

19 hours ago, cannibithobbal said:

I have to say, you have much better self-control than me being able to stick to your character's guns and make a whole new character to hook up with Theron, I had 0 self-control and made my JC who had never done a single flirt and was all about the Jedi code starting flirting with him right away in KotFE because I couldn't resist, and then I found a way to justify it after 😅  (no regrets, but, I did waffle over the decision real hard before I realized there was no way I wasn't giving in to the adorable spy boy lmao)

It was probably one of the hardest things I did and if I was playing any other character when I met Theron for the first time, I probably wouldn't have been able to resist. But, my Knight is my main and I love her relationship with Doc (though I can certainly understand why people dislike him/his romance arc) and despite being married she still hid that as much as possible and feels guilty about breaking the Order's rules about being in a relationship, so there wasn't much chance that she would flirt with someone else. The temptation was there though and it was strong.

5 hours ago, yenzin said:

Agreed! Jonas, Chance, and even Sanju are all wonderful but they are like candles next to Theron's bonfire. 🔥

That's a perfect way to describe it! Spies have been one of my favourite character types for years and SWTOR (particularly Theron and the Agent storyline) bears quite a bit of the responsibility for that. My bookshelf full of books about spies during WWII and the Cold War is the other main contributing factor.

More on topic though, as far as Theron and my lightside, double agent IA opening up with one another about past trauma, they don't do that until way later in the game. Theron in part when he's apologizing about the Traitor storyline and IA during EoO while they're guarding the bodies of everyone who are inside Satele's head.

Theron might have been willing to open up more sooner, particularly about his family, but when he's commenting about his relationship with his Satele on Rishi, my agent does take the line where she basically tells Theron to grow up and stop complaining that his mom doesn't love him. After that, its not particularly surprising that Theron isn't willing to try opening up again for quite some time. Though, in my agent's defense, she was still incredibly peeved with Lana, unhappy about needing to deal with more Sith, and generally stressed about the whole situation they'd be facing on Yavin.

Then, agent and Theron do end up sleeping together on Yavin, but agent leaves before Theron wakes up and isn't involved with the events on Ziost. They don't see one another again until IA contacts Theron and Lana about getting a plan together to rescue the JK/Outlander and form the alliance.  At which point, its been a few years since they saw one another and are dealing with the obvious physical attraction on both sides and the "I know that you know that I know that you're lying to me", so even as they become romantically involved neither one of them is willing to open up about their past for a very long time.

And if they were really people in a real relationship, they would need so much counseling - both individually and as a couple.... although some of my other main pairings probably require it even more and I should be nicer to my characters and their LIs. But where's the fun in that?

25 minutes ago, JenaSalton said:

That's a perfect way to describe it! Spies have been one of my favourite character types for years and SWTOR (particularly Theron and the Agent storyline) bears quite a bit of the responsibility for that. My bookshelf full of books about spies during WWII and the Cold War is the other main contributing factor.

More on topic though, as far as Theron and my lightside, double agent IA opening up with one another about past trauma, they don't do that until way later in the game. Theron in part when he's apologizing about the Traitor storyline and IA during EoO while they're guarding the bodies of everyone who are inside Satele's head.

Theron might have been willing to open up more sooner, particularly about his family, but when he's commenting about his relationship with his Satele on Rishi, my agent does take the line where she basically tells Theron to grow up and stop complaining that his mom doesn't love him. After that, its not particularly surprising that Theron isn't willing to try opening up again for quite some time. Though, in my agent's defense, she was still incredibly peeved with Lana, unhappy about needing to deal with more Sith, and generally stressed about the whole situation they'd be facing on Yavin.

Then, agent and Theron do end up sleeping together on Yavin, but agent leaves before Theron wakes up and isn't involved with the events on Ziost. They don't see one another again until IA contacts Theron and Lana about getting a plan together to rescue the JK/Outlander and form the alliance.  At which point, its been a few years since they saw one another and are dealing with the obvious physical attraction on both sides and the "I know that you know that I know that you're lying to me", so even as they become romantically involved neither one of them is willing to open up about their past for a very long time.

And if they were really people in a real relationship, they would need so much counseling - both individually and as a couple.... although some of my other main pairings probably require it even more and I should be nicer to my characters and their LIs. But where's the fun in that?

omg I love all of this.  such a good agent/Theron story!! 😍😍

I also love both my agents so much, agent is definitely my favorite imperial class story (I am an absolute sucker for stories with characters getting brain washed/mind controlled and having to recover from that, which is why agent is my fave imperial and JK my favorite republic class stories ❤️  plus I LOVE how much choice you have in the story in being able to choose whether or not to be loyal to the empire or to be a double agent).  I can't wait to play agent/Theron romance because literally everyone here has hyped it up so hard and I love my agent 😍

29 minutes ago, cannibithobbal said:

omg I love all of this.  such a good agent/Theron story!! 😍😍

I also love both my agents so much, agent is definitely my favorite imperial class story (I am an absolute sucker for stories with characters getting brain washed/mind controlled and having to recover from that, which is why agent is my fave imperial and JK my favorite republic class stories ❤️  plus I LOVE how much choice you have in the story in being able to choose whether or not to be loyal to the empire or to be a double agent).  I can't wait to play agent/Theron romance because literally everyone here has hyped it up so hard and I love my agent 😍

Same here.

That's why JK and Agent are my main characters.

My biggest HC accomplishment is to have my agent think sarcastically "at least when my 'hallucination' talked to me, he gave constructive advice" regarding Valkorion in the JK's head lol

• Haha 2

I can't play favorites I love all of them. Still, I honestly think that besides my BH  romance my fem Trooper plays nosey sibling the most with Theron. Maybe its the voice but she acts like the irritating older sister who torments but supports him relentlessly.

44 minutes ago, cannibithobbal said:

I also love both my agents so much, agent is definitely my favorite imperial class story (I am an absolute sucker for stories with characters getting brain washed/mind controlled and having to recover from that, which is why agent is my fave imperial and JK my favorite republic class stories

5 minutes ago, eabevella said:

Same here.

That's why JK and Agent are my main characters.

Y'know, I don't know that I ever really considered that the mind control part of the JK story is part of why its my favourite Republic class, but now that I'm thinking about it, its almost certainly a contributing factor. My biggest regret with the class story there is that we don't spend more time seeing what the Knight was doing while brainwashed or them recovering afterwards. The fact that the JK class quest on Rishi touches on that makes it hands down my favourite. 

5 minutes ago, eabevella said:

My biggest HC accomplishment is to have my agent think sarcastically "at least when my 'hallucination' talked to me, he gave constructive advice" regarding Valkorion in the JK's head lol

That's hilarious and I love it. 

12 minutes ago, JakRoanin said:

I can't play favorites I love all of them. Still, I honestly think that besides my BH  romance my fem Trooper plays nosey sibling the most with Theron. Maybe its the voice but she acts like the irritating older sister who torments but supports him relentlessly.

I love them all too, I just love the Knight and Agent a bit more. And, unfortunately, the BH a bit less. I haven't been able to find the right version of a BH that fits into my Alliance headcanon with my other characters that doesn't make the Hunter feel redundant to any of the other Mandalorian allies the Alliance has. 

Though, maybe what I need to do is try to decide what sort of relationship they'd have with Theron (and Lana and other prominent members of the Alliance) and work backwards building up who my Hunter should be. … maybe I should consider that after my Agent disappears after Yavin, Theron hires the Hunter to try to locate her and they end up spending a bunch of time trying to convince the other that they really are good at their jobs, even though they're both completely unable to locate one Cipher Agent.

Edited by JenaSalton

9 minutes ago, JenaSalton said:

I love them all too, I just love the Knight and Agent a bit more. And, unfortunately, the BH a bit less. I haven't been able to find the right version of a BH that fits into my Alliance headcanon with my other characters that doesn't make the Hunter feel redundant to any of the other Mandalorian allies the Alliance has. 

Though, maybe what I need to do is try to decide what sort of relationship they'd have with Theron (and Lana and other prominent members of the Alliance) and work backwards building up who my Hunter should be. … maybe I should consider that after my Agent disappears after Yavin, Theron hires the Hunter to try to locate her and they end up spending a bunch of time trying to convince the other that they really are good at their jobs, even though they're both completely unable to locate one Cipher Agent.

Cipher Nine, eyeing Theron and BH: since the Imperial Intelligence is no more, guess I'll change my code name to "Matchmaker" (in the agent's most sarcastic voice)

Edited by eabevella
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, JenaSalton said:

Y'know, I don't know that I ever really considered that the mind control part of the JK story is part of why its my favourite Republic class, but now that I'm thinking about it, its almost certainly a contributing factor. My biggest regret with the class story there is that we don't spend more time seeing what the Knight was doing while brainwashed or them recovering afterwards. The fact that the JK class quest on Rishi touches on that makes it hands down my favourite.

Agreed!  We obviously saw them training with the sith and obeying without question a bit and stuff, but otherwise we had to infer or guess stuff, and it wasn't really until the Rishi story that the feels hit me hard on it.  imo JK Rishi class story is the best one, I love it so much.  You really get the sense that the JK was forced to do way worse things than we saw happen, which is why they buried the memories.  I love them getting to be made whole and heal from it, and just going around and helping people was sooo sweet, I love it.

I also just find the JK class story a lot of fun, and Kira and Scourge are two of my fave class story companions in the game, but the mind control/brainwashing factor (especially with the feels from the Rishi mission) really put it over the top for me.

Also JK is my main Theron romance which helped boost my love of JK as well 😂  (...she says, throwing in a last minute Theron in an attempt to make this post vaguely on topic lol)

I wish the JK story forced us to raid a Republic station or something.

The whole brainwashing period is censored and painted as if nothing really bad happened, the JK just hanged out in Vitiate's house and LARP as a Sith Acolyte, no one get hurt in the process, except the Sith instructor. Not like the lack of responses from other people, namely the Jedi Order, helped. They all be like "good you're back, now here's another clean up we need you to do".

One thing I like the most about the Agent story is that we as players can *feel* the brainwash due to the several dialogue options when we picked "no" but what came out of our Agent's mouth was "yes sir". The uses of the game mechanic to add the RPG experience is top notch.

PS: Do you think JK and the Agent will react well to Valkorion's trigger word on Vaylin? I don't think so. They are both victim directly or indirectly of Vitiate.

3 minutes ago, eabevella said:

PS: Do you think JK and the Agent will react well to Valkorion's trigger word on Vaylin? I don't think so. They are both victim directly or indirectly of Vitiate.

Yeah, I can't see either of them reacting well and I don't care what the games says, neither of them would ever use it either.

I think the Agent's reaction to it would be a lot worse since it's a lot more like their brainwashing than what the Knight went through. I think the Knight's brainwashing is a lot more like what Arcann experienced and I see what Senya did for Arcann as very much the same as what Orgus did for the JK. The JK recognizes the similarity and its why they're able to forgive, trust, and accept Arcann into the Alliance even though I'm sure Theron and Lana would constantly be going "are you sure this is a good idea?" "this doesn't seem like the smart thing to do"

Yeah, I agree, I think agent using the trigger word on Vaylin is much more questionable, I could see how they would hate it and sympathize with her and see their experience in her and not want to use it but then also I could see how they would hate HER and be willing to do anything to stop her, even betraying their own morals or feelings, depending on the agent. 

But I don't personally have any problem with JK using it because that is not the thing they experienced, they were mind controlled not brainwashed, they never had a code word, they weren't fully aware of what was happening and unable to stop it, they were just fully controlled, more like the people on Ziost.  And I definitely agree that JK's experience was more similar to Arcann's the Vaylin's. 

edit: to clarify, I think JK does not like that Valkorian did it to Vaylin any more than agent, and I always choose all dialogue toward that end, but I think JK seeing it as necessary to help end her tyrrany and using it is not out of character (for mine, at least, how I played him).

Also, speaking to both characters, them individually plus everyone else gave Vaylin SO many chances to back down, surrender, see the light, etc before ever using it, and trauma-induced or not she never once backs down from being absolutely insane and evil.  And when using the "kneel before the dragon of Zakuul", it is not actually to control her or make her do anything she doesn't want to (other than, like, kill less people) but as part of their bid to turn the people of Zakuul against her.  So, I think I can find a way to justify it for either character in context but the agent doing it is definitely harder and requires driving the agent into making choices they seriously regret making but felt they needed to for the greater good and HCing a lot of probably necessary therapy that they will never take (my agent, anyway).

Edited by cannibithobbal

15 hours ago, cannibithobbal said:

thanks for these!  I have to say, I really like how she does the "proved my point though" line.  Don't know if that fits best for your character but I liked that one!

and OMG the "buttering me up" line 🤣  I have never once even on a replay ever considered doing the third line on the first convo and then a flirt, never would have ever thought you would get such a funny line out of it (I also would never actually pick that in a playthrough, but that line is hilarious!)

11 hours ago, yenzin said:

Oh, those are great!! 😍

The slight, breathy laugh at "Am I ruining the moment?" was very well done. And is it my imagination or did the camera linger longer after the kiss on the third option?  

::Looks back at other videos:: It does! And the angle is different. Fem characters have that kiss from the profile/side, while male characters have the camera angle looking over the left shoulder! Also, fem characters and Theron pause after the kiss to look at each other. I like that gaze thing, but I like the over-the-shoulder camera angle better as it's easier to imagine the lips actually lining up right. (Thinking of it that way is better than thinking that the animators didn't want to animate two males kissing. Looking back through all the videos and screenshots I have of kisses, Theron and my male PCs lips are never shown meeting like those of Theron and FemJK's did. 😲)

But, wow, that gaze. 😍 I would love to have both the gaze and the behind-the-shoulder angle. 

Fem's delivery on the initial meet-up in Chapter 09 is great. She sounds pleased to see him. 💖

"And now you're buttering me up." 😄😂🤣 That is amazing! I have never, ever taken that initial third option. Seems like that second conversation segment thread is bugged a bit as Theron doesn't say anything at all, leaving it up to the PC to continue the conversation. (I tested it on my character. There is indeed no comment from him after that short move away.) Which makes the resulting, "I'm still the same," line come out of left field. 😂

I quite like all 3 options for different things actually.

The first one is very sweet, but not sure it's the one that would fit my JK the most. The second one she sounds like she's trying to be reassuring, but ran her mouth too quickly and lacked tact in the end, which could fit but i'm not sure she'd be that tactless, and yeah i like how she said the "am i ruining the moment", and the third one would fit quite a bit too, i also liked how she said the "proved my point though". I just wish the animations on her face didn't look that weird with option 2 and 3, i don't know why that look like that when option 1 looks quite normal.

I like the looks they exange honestly, i quite liked the cheek kiss at the beginning of EoO, it gives a bit more variety in the way the interact with each other, and it's a pretty sweet one.

As far as chap 9 goes, and most interactions actually, i really like how both in english and in french, fem JK always sounds so genuinely happy to see him. In french at least, of all the classes i've tried, she was the only one who always sounded so genuinely in love with him, which is one of the main reasons this became my OTP, and i just can't see him with anyone else now.

And the "buttering me up" part, i'd probably not even know about it if other people didn't point that it was a funny interaction, because that's probably not something i'd have found myself.

3 hours ago, eabevella said:

I wish the JK story forced us to raid a Republic station or something.

The whole brainwashing period is censored and painted as if nothing really bad happened, the JK just hanged out in Vitiate's house and LARP as a Sith Acolyte, no one get hurt in the process, except the Sith instructor. Not like the lack of responses from other people, namely the Jedi Order, helped. They all be like "good you're back, now here's another clean up we need you to do".

One thing I like the most about the Agent story is that we as players can *feel* the brainwash due to the several dialogue options when we picked "no" but what came out of our Agent's mouth was "yes sir". The uses of the game mechanic to add the RPG experience is top notch.

I really wish we would have had at least 1 mission where we'd have been under his influence attacking pub civilians or something like that.

Also i always found it a bit weird that the JK has been missing for a very long time (which i suppose is months), yet the whole crew was just locked in the docking bay.

So my HC for that is that when my JK realised the fight was going to end very badly for everyone, she Force pushed Kira out of the room, because she guessed that as a former Child, Kira would probably be the one who would have it the worst, and the last thing Kira saw while the door was closing was my JK being blasted by a lightning bolt from Vitiate, she went back to Tython with the rest of the crew and tried to convince the Council to send a rescue team, which was denied as there was a risk to make the situation even worse.

Meanwhile, my JK being a stubborn girl with quite a strong willpower (considering JK can Mindtrick other FUs i guess they have both quite a lot of raw power and willpower to do that) refused to bend (we've seen less powerfull FU like Suro resist him, so i don't think the JK would fall under Vitiate's influence that easily), so Vitiate had to break her first, which i think took a few months.

Then Kira was appointed to different missions with other Jedi, until they were sent to protect civilians from some planet (haven't decided which one yet) from imperial attack, there the Jedi are confronted by Scourge and my JK (so i imagine there has been some civilian slaughtering before that point), they fight, Kira tries to reach my JK like she did for her at the end of chapter 1, but it doesn't really work, she's captured with the rest of the JK's crew while the other Jedi are being slaughtered and then we're back pretty much where the cutscene ends, with Kira strapped to that torture device, still trying to get through to my JK.

But, while she then doesn't remember anything, the other Jedi tend to give her side eyes, and some are quite hostile when she goes back, especially after arriving on Tython with Scourge. Some of them still being that way by the time of SoR.

And she doesn't remember things consciously but she still has nightmares, and other weird reactions she doesn't understand and is still quite a mess when she meets Theron, who actually ends up helping her get better.

Edited by Goreshaga
  • Like 1

I'm going back through the videos I recorded and Theron stays back in the shuttle a lot. He is so underused! Which I knew of course, but seeing it all again playing back for me, really highlights it. Now, I have to imagine that he does so because my character forces him too to 'keep him safe'. Which makes it seem like my characters don't trust him enough to protect them or himself.

PC: Alright, Lana, you're with me. Theron stay here with the shuttle. :csw_shuttle:

Theron: What? Again? I want to go with you. Watch your back. 

PC: No, 🙅‍♂️ I have Lana for that. Stay here where it's safe. 

Theron: I'm just as capable as she is!

PC: Do you have a lightsaber? :sy_lightsaber: No? Thought not. Stay here.

Ouch. Okay, that ended harsher than I intended. 😅 The point still stands though. Would have been nice if each character would support their own faction or their LI. So, more Lana on Imperial and more Theron on Republic. And more Theron for those that romance him. So far I have only gotten through Rise of the Empire and beyond on my BH, so there is a lot of Lana and very little Theron. Which makes sense as she is Imperial. He's my BH's LI though, so it would be nice to see him more. Does Theron show up more on the Republic side?

I do really like the part in Onslaught where she easily slices through both Darth Shaar and Darth Vowrawn, though. 😲 She makes killing Sith look so easy. Theron comes in at the end, tired of waiting in the shuttle. 

PC: I told you to wait in the shuttle! 😠

Theron: I was bored! 😪 It's boring in there. Besides, you cleared the way here. The ones you missed stayed back.

PC: There shouldn't be any left. ::draws weapon:: Stay behind me on the way back. And don't say anything. Your sexy voice will attract them to you.

Theron: 🙄 

Also, I found it!!! Here it is, Tharan saying, 'spells it the stupid way'. I knew I hadn't imagined it! 🤣 (Note: I like Tharan a lot. Not as much as other characters, but he is up there for his own reasons. 😄)

Edited by yenzin
draws weapon
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, yenzin said:

I'm going back through the videos I recorded and Theron stays back in the shuttle a lot. He is so underused! Which I knew of course, but seeing it all again playing back for me, really highlights it. Now, I have to imagine that he does so because my character forces him too to 'keep him safe'. Which makes it seem like my characters don't trust him enough to protect them or himself.

PC: Alright, Lana, you're with me. Theron stay here with the shuttle. :csw_shuttle:

Theron: What? Again? I want to go with you. Watch your back. 

PC: No, 🙅‍♂️ I have Lana for that. Stay here where it's safe. 

Theron: I'm just as capable as she is!

PC: Do you have a lightsaber? :sy_lightsaber: No? Thought not. Stay here.

Ouch. Okay, that ended harsher than I intended. 😅 The point still stands though. Would have been nice if each character would support their own faction or their LI. So, more Lana on Imperial and more Theron on Republic. And more Theron for those that romance him. So far I have only gotten through Rise of the Empire and beyond on my BH, so there is a lot of Lana and very little Theron. Which makes sense as she is Imperial. He's my BH's LI though, so it would be nice to see him more. Does Theron show up more on the Republic side?

I do really like the part in Onslaught where she easily slices through both Darth Shaar and Darth Vowrawn, though. 😲 She makes killing Sith look so easy. Theron comes in at the end, tired of waiting in the shuttle. 

PC: I told you to wait in the shuttle! 😠

Theron: I was bored! 😪 It's boring in there. Besides, you cleared the way here. The ones you missed stayed back.

PC: There shouldn't be any left. ::draws weapon:: Stay behind me on the way back. And don't say anything. Your sexy voice will attract them to you.

Theron: 🙄

I do wish Theron wasn't the shuttle keeper so often (a few times it's Lana, but it's often him).  It would be cool if Lana was with the character more on imperial side and Theron on republic, or that LI with either of them would override that (alas, sigh).  But I have always HC'd what you suggested, that Theron may be a badass but they are often going up against sith and stuff and my PC is just as scared of losing Theron as the other way around (they also want him close though, so definitely not back at base).  Plus, they trust Theron to always swoop in to rescue them and never make them wait 😉   Also I obv HC that plenty of missions off screen are just my character and Theron together.  Because we definitely don't see every mission!

25 minutes ago, yenzin said:

Also, I found it!!! Here it is, Tharan saying, 'spells it the stupid way'. I knew I hadn't imagined it! 🤣 (Note: I like Tharan a lot. Not as much as other characters, but he is up there for his own reasons. 😄)

oh my god 🤣  I.... ok, normally I don't like Tharan but that's hilarious. 🤣

I am so sad I don't have the recording of Arn's "wait, he's Theron too?"  which is clearly the republic equivalent to Anri's line there.  (I don't get why he only says it on consular!)   now that I have a big shiny new 20tb external drive (😍) I can start recording way more stuff though so I can start taking my second JC through the whole story and record it, so I can get that eventually 😈

(completely off topic, but speaking of hilarious lines, I just got to this on my agent yesterday and it cracked me up so hard - I kept it on my official playthrough, I couldn't not lmao)

Edited by cannibithobbal

1 hour ago, yenzin said:

Yeah, he's either meeting contacts, keeping the shuttle, firing the omnicannon or sneaking behind enemy lines on his own, but very rarely doing stuff with us.

I honestly can't HC that, for the simple reason, even if my JK is worried about him and would want to keep him safe, she'd find it extremely insulting if the roles were reversed and he'd try so much to keep her out of trouble, i HC that they had that kind of talk after Ziost where she was a bit annoyed that he sent the Sixth Line instead of calling her right away (can't take the in game dialogue that goes that way though because our PC does sound way too pissed and kinda mean about it though).

Which is why i'll simply change some parts to add a bit more Theron here and there, and probably add some missions where he'd be with her.

1 hour ago, yenzin said:

Does Theron show up more on the Republic side?

He does during Forged Alliances as he's the pub classes main contact, other than that, he may be barely more present on pub side in the latest stuff like he shows up with Satele at the end of the Elom FP, but that's pretty much it. Honestly he should've been allowed to come with Pub toons on Ossus, he could then have stayed with Gnost-Dural to catch-up and help with the evacuation, so he'd not have been with us much, but that'd still have been better than his lame "i want to come but i have to meet some contacts" excuse.

1 hour ago, yenzin said:

Wow, never realised before how similar the names sound in english, because in french it really doesn't sound the same.

8 hours ago, Goreshaga said:

I like the looks they exange honestly, i quite liked the cheek kiss at the beginning of EoO, it gives a bit more variety in the way the interact with each other, and it's a pretty sweet one.

There's a cheek kiss?! 🤯

I looked back at that scene in my videos and that is the very first male/Theron kiss seen from the profile side view. 😲 First and only one so far as there have been no kisses since. So that was some nice variety from the over-the-shoulder camera angle. My character got a side kiss, but no cheek kiss. So I went to Youtube. Every single Theron romance video for that chapter is with a female character. Every one! If a person interested in the game were to look at the video lineup, they would think Theron was purely a straight option. I really need to get around to posting my romance videos. 

And there, with every single female character, even Sith females, is the cheek kiss. I could not find a male Republic character to test the theory that perhaps Republic males get a cheek kiss. 

It is a very sweet cheek kiss and smile. I find it interesting that there is such a difference between the gay and straight versions of the romance. 🧐I don't know what class that female character is. I'm not at all heavily biased here in that I prefer my maleBH's voice in that scene. 🎶

1 hour ago, cannibithobbal said:

I do wish Theron wasn't the shuttle keeper so often (a few times it's Lana, but it's often him).  It would be cool if Lana was with the character more on imperial side and Theron on republic, or that LI with either of them would override that (alas, sigh).  But I have always HC'd what you suggested, that Theron may be a badass but they are often going up against sith and stuff and my PC is just as scared of losing Theron as the other way around (they also want him close though, so definitely not back at base).  Plus, they trust Theron to always swoop in to rescue them and never make them wait 😉   Also I obv HC that plenty of missions of screen are just my character and Theron together.  Because we definitely don't see every mission!

Exactly my thoughts! He is very capable, but he is ever so squishy and mortal. He has killed Sith Lord before, and he has one of the highest medals of honours out there, but better keep him safe, anyway. Just in case. 😉 🎶 👼 (And NO, Devs, I am not saying we want to keep him out of the content and in the shuttle! Don't even think it! 😝) More rescue scenes from him would be awesome too! Actually, is there a rescue scene? None is coming to mind. 🤔

I imagine that my character also has frequent nightmares about losing him to some insane Sith Lord, or avalanche, or spider droid, or rock fall, or assassin... Lots of dangers out there! Not worried about losing Theron to a bounty hunter though. For one, that hunter would have to come through me, and two, Theron can access the Blacklist and edit the posts there and make new bounties on it. Something only the major players in the galaxy know how to do. 😏 (I added dialogue from Mako about that. 😄) Compared to that, deleting normal bounty posts should be a piece of cake. There is no way a bounty is staying on him for long. 🤣 Not even that one that edge lord players can place on him. 🤭

1 hour ago, cannibithobbal said:

(completely off topic, but speaking of hilarious lines, I just got to this on my agent yesterday and it cracked me up so hard - I kept it on my official playthrough, I couldn't not lmao)

I have never even peeked at the flirts. Gotta appreciate the way Agent checks her out there. 😂

Edited by yenzin
not at all

22 minutes ago, Goreshaga said:

Yeah, he's either meeting contacts, keeping the shuttle, firing the omnicannon or sneaking behind enemy lines on his own, but very rarely doing stuff with us.

I honestly can't HC that, for the simple reason, even if my JK is worried about him and would want to keep him safe, she'd find it extremely insulting if the roles were reversed and he'd try so much to keep her out of trouble, i HC that they had that kind of talk after Ziost where she was a bit annoyed that he sent the Sixth Line instead of calling her right away (can't take the in game dialogue that goes that way though because our PC does sound way too pissed and kinda mean about it though).

Which is why i'll simply change some parts to add a bit more Theron here and there, and probably add some missions where he'd be with her.

Yeah, I have to reaaalllllllyyyyyy stretch that HC of keeping him safe thing. Because, you are very right. It is insulting to keep him out of the combat. It heavily implies that he cannot take care of himself and can't be trusted to be proficient in combat enough to protect other people's backs either. But, thinking of it as a protective thing helps me justify his absence. As long as I don't think too deeply about the philosophy of that action. 😅

22 minutes ago, Goreshaga said:

He does during Forged Alliances as he's the pub classes main contact, other than that, he may be barely more present on pub side in the latest stuff like he shows up with Satele at the end of the Elom FP, but that's pretty much it. Honestly he should've been allowed to come with Pub toons on Ossus, he could then have stayed with Gnost-Dural to catch-up and help with the evacuation, so he'd not have been with us much, but that'd still have been better than his lame "i want to come but i have to meet some contacts" excuse.

It's nice that he is a bit more present. 🌟 But yes, that, 'I'll come with you for five minutes and then I'll have to leave to meet a contact thing,' is a bit old. He should've gone and then stayed behind with Gnost-Dural if only for the fact that the two of them know each other and have worked together before. Would have been a nice tie-in to extended out-of-game material too. 📖📘

Edited by yenzin
added the quote box. added 'quotes'