Why yall so obessed with romance-able characters?

SaerethDL

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all this threads and forum post about it, it makes me wonder if yall ever get any :eek:? So my question is, why are romance-able characters such a big deal to you?

Hmm...lessee, I'm a 47-year-old woman, married, with a preteen kid. I think that probably answers the question right there. :p

With all this threads and forum post about it, it makes me wonder if yall ever get any :eek:? So my question is, why are romance-able characters such a big deal to you?

You should not question this any more than you would question why people are obsessed with PVP, roleplay, PVE, ERP, decorating their strongholds, running operations, flashpoints, heroics, etc... it's an element of the game and who are we to question what parts of the game people become attached to?

A jealous, stupid, murdering, tyrant? You sure about that?

Bad boy, bad boys, what you gonna do?

There's the whole aspect of "redemption" which appeals to some. Also salvation. It's not for everyone, for sure but it's there for those who enjoy it. No harm, no foul.

Me thinks that you have just rammed your hand into a hornets nest here. :p

You should not question this any more than you would question why people are obsessed with PVP, roleplay, PVE, ERP, decorating their strongholds, running operations, flashpoints, heroics, etc... it's an element of the game and who are we to question what parts of the game people become attached to?

It's just curiosity, I wanna know why people do what they do..

Well, if our characters have strong romantic bonds with some companions, that's a big deal to them. And a lot of us care about our characters' stories. I mean, Bioware has always been known first and foremost for its stories and characters - it's hardly surprising that this would be the main feature for a lot of players. Edited by Estelindis

Firstly, everyone has different goals and enjoyment they derive from the game. Personally, I believe it's their game, their playtime, period. Secondly, I don't think it's about what they get or don't get in real life but if it is. *shrug* From my perspective, I do find when one of my characters plays through a romance, it adds an element to that character's depth. But then I enjoy the immersion the stories add to what is often a lot of grinding.

I'm 49, been married to the same person for 27 years...was with him 3 years before that, for a grand total of 30 years lol and I have a 21 year old son. I'm grateful for them but I don't live a thrilling life, ok? Gotta get my fun somewhere, so I'm looking at the game. Pixel love is fun and innocent. :p

Edited by Lunafox

If you think too much with the wrong head, you may never realise that the brain is the largest, most important sex organ in the human body.

Science is kinda funny that way.

That would explain why so many people have their head up their A**

Firstly, everyone has different goals and enjoyment they derive from the game. Personally, I believe it's their game, their playtime, period. Secondly, I don't think it's about what they get or don't get in real life but if it is. *shrug* From my perspective, I do find when one of my characters plays through a romance, it adds an element to that character's depth. But then I enjoy the immersion the stories add to what is often a lot of grinding.

Best post!

I'm 49, been married to the same person for 27 years...was with him 3 years before that, for a grand total of 30 years lol and I have a 21 year old son. I'm grateful for them but I don't live a thrilling life, ok? Gotta get my fun somewhere, so I'm looking at the game. Pixel love is fun and innocent. :p

Thanks for being so honest and open.. Thumbs UP, this makes more sense.

No more odd than threads like this one. You don't get it and never will no matter what anyone says. In truth neither do I. Still have no issue with others romancing there companions. The same can really be said about anything, why do some vote for that political party, why do some like fiction and not factual programs. why do some love heavy rock while other love classical and so on. Answer is we are all different. Sometimes as long as its not hurting anyone else just except it and move on.