Game Update 5.4a

EricMusco

Alright, fair consensus seems to stop doing codes. I hear you on them being shareable like the Cantina code is optimal, but it isn't how they work currently. With that in mind I am going to hold off on it. Again, I apologize if people felt slighted, I only meant it is as a fun downtime killer! I will be more sensitive to that in the future.

Again, we are actively moving towards a possible fix now. We then need to test it to ensure it corrected the issues of this morning. I will pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

there has to be a way for you to give the actual subscribers you pay all of your salaries something for this unscheduled downtime as we are the reason you get paid and we use our hard earned money to pay to play this game.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Eric,

this is making me even more angry.

Do you really expect us to look into this thread targetting for codes that 99.999999999 % will not be able to use.

Put in the codes as you want, but I will not follow you in this stupid procedure.

I'll find something more usefull to do.

Aregor

You haven't the resolve to continue. Let go...

First, make sure you have checked my most recent status update here.

Second, I apologize if the codes are rubbing people the wrong way. They are not meant to be any kind of compensation for downtime or anything like that. Merely, we are all sitting here on the forums waiting for the issue to get resolved. In the past we have done something similar as a way for people get some bonus stuff for free while they wait. Everyone is not going to get them, but it could be a nice bonus if you do.

The first batch of 15 codes was not the "rain,' that was just the start. Normally I continually do posts like that the entire time we are down but I don't want to be pouring salt in the wound either. Tell me your feeling on this, do you want me to continue putting out codes while we are down? Or is it just making it worse?

-eric

Eric,

The codes should be once per account or just send a code to every subscriber. This has always been an issue that the codes are swept in a blink of an eye. Please extend the bonus XP and CXP Event.

Edited by Mdgshorty

I'd like to see more unique pets etc to be able to be earned in game rather than people with the know how and speed getting them on the forums. When the tauntauns had to be earned in game was a high point for me in terms of getting a mount through playing the game rather than buying them with coins etc.

Alright, fair consensus seems to stop doing codes. I hear you on them being shareable like the Cantina code is optimal, but it isn't how they work currently. With that in mind I am going to hold off on it. Again, I apologize if people felt slighted, I only meant it is as a fun downtime killer! I will be more sensitive to that in the future.

Again, we are actively moving towards a possible fix now. We then need to test it to ensure it corrected the issues of this morning. I will pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

Eric,

all the hate aside. Tell someone who is in charge to start testing the patches. This is not the first time this happens. I think there is one thing forgotten here. This isn't some passion non profit project. It's a businesses that once again failed the European community.

-eric

At least now people won't argue any more or get antry. What we can hope now is to be able to play soon. But Eric, may I give a suggestion? Will it be possible for the double cxp event to be extended by a day? If such things are possible that is. I'm still fairly new to the game and the community. Maybe everyone can get one cxp or xp boost that will work for a few hours.

Actually I find that more interesting than getting CC

Eric look at who is actually posting on this thread and PM them a code this way you know for sure this will be given to one person only

I didnt post much and i think many people just check the situation without adding things allready said. We are so many waiting from 5:30PM for servers to be up and checking forum...

I can understand they dont want all the people to get codes i can understand it but they must be a solution between giving nothing and few codes that can even goes to the waking up american not really impacted by that downtime and us Euros waiting for hours for nothing...

P.S.: The situation is not even updated on French Patch section... it says all servers are back at 5PM...

My recommendation is do a general code gives 450 cc for everyone who uses it, and keep it at the top of the devs forums for the next 24 hours, it allows all the EU players who waited all day that check back in the morning to get the code, and allows all of us currently here STILL waiting to receive the cc. Then and this is the most important part, in the same post include a comment giving information that the two pets already mentioned will be in the cartel market for either 225 cc each, or 450 cc each, giving people the option of which perk they prefer to receive. No this is not compensation, but none of us want a game to pass the time, we want the game we always play to be back up. The only time we come to the forums is when something is interfering with our playing, when the game is working perfectly fine no one comes to check what's wrong. Yes we all want codes, but no we don't want to play a forums game to pass time, we already are passing the time and continuing to check for updates as to when we can play our actual game again.

Yes if we all receive a working code we will be happier about the situation, if those like me on the NA servers get this perk and those who already went to bed from the EU servers don't it will make this much much worse.

Second, I apologize if the codes are rubbing people the wrong way. They are not meant to be any kind of compensation for downtime or anything like that. Merely, we are all sitting here on the forums waiting for the issue to get resolved. In the past we have done something similar as a way for people get some bonus stuff for free while they wait. Everyone is not going to get them, but it could be a nice bonus if you do.

The first batch of 15 codes was not the "rain,' that was just the start. Normally I continually do posts like that the entire time we are down but I don't want to be pouring salt in the wound either. Tell me your feeling on this, do you want me to continue putting out codes while we are down? Or is it just making it worse?

-eric

You can see the amount of vitriol your slap in the face has caused, can't you? Do you seriously need to ask if it is making it worse? C'mon man. We want something for our frustrations here. We are demanding some sort of recompense for this completely frustrating wasted day. Anything less is like spitting in our collective faces. Don't bother sending out more codes that only a select people are going to get. Send something out to every single subscriber that has had their day completely ruined by this unfortunate turn of events. Things happen, we all get that. But, when they do a nice apology goes a long way towards smoothing things over. And it doesn't have to be the moon. The items that were listed as codes, should just be mailed out to the entire subscriber base. It won't cost EAware anything, and it would generate a heck of a lot of good will from a subscriber base that is feeling very used at the moment. Do the right thing Eric.

Game Update 5.4a | 08.31.2017, 08:05 PM

-eric

Eric, please make a compensation for all in game mail, how it doing as usual, not in forum. Not all users can every minutes press update page for can got codes. Its a really disturb all users! And looks as terrible indignity from developers to users.

-eric

So to answer your question and not fill more input on the way things have been handled (or not handled) prior to patching...

Stop putting out codes.

The chance of getting one is slim at the very best. If you're a European or OCE-oriented player, there's even less chance since it is now moving towards Midnight and tomorrow, is friday unless you had noticed. People work tomorrow.

Those that doesn't get the codes will feel irritated, in a way as you say "Salt". They tried, didn't get it, but they still somehow feel entitled to it (they are not but offering the chance, causes this).

It is only making it worse for the majority of players.

Either give everyone or no one. We are "all" affected by this issue, I'm sure you can understand that - and giving only a portion of people a chance at these attempted plasters on the wound, you're only making it worse.

What is to stop someone from possibly (if daaaamn lucky or quick) to get more than 1 code, during the entire so-called "Rain"? Nothing? I figured as much.

So...

Stop it.

Either give everyone said pets (like you do with the 8th-pet droids etc) and/or the CC (as an excuse for your (general term) competense and QA-fail) or don't give/offer anyone these things.

How come that these codes are mentioned/showed up now, aprox 6 hours after initial down, 4 hours after the "Opsie!"-takedown? Why didn't they come earlier, when it was EU-primetime?

Yes I am a EU-player so I am biased - please do acknowledge and accept that.

Oh and while I hopefully have your attention, could you please check into the Collections Unlock issue with the Stronghold Defender-weapons/items? It's been 1½ year since their release - can still not Unlock them (have filed 3 Bugs/Tickets on it).

-eric

This is not personal Eric, not at all.

But repeatedly being shafted because being a Europe player is not fun. Either you make those updates alternate around the clock fairly, or you start compensate subscribing players at least 1 day when these things happens.

My play day is over by now and bed awaits. What more can I say.

// Zimoon

-eric

Maybe try posting them in a way to beat the bots. Like put random spaces in them with instructions to remove spaces. Basically, so that a human has to read it and then fat finger Larry has an outside chance to cash one in...

Maybe put a Next code post in 20 minutes... since seconds count....

At least now people won't argue any more or get antry. What we can hope now is to be able to play soon. But Eric, may I give a suggestion? Will it be possible for the double cxp event to be extended by a day? If such things are possible that is. I'm still fairly new to the game and the community. Maybe everyone can get one cxp or xp boost that will work for a few hours.

Actually I find that more interesting than getting CC

On the contrary. I am REALLY PISSED OFF NOW. That attitude...

Hi. In regards to the game codes your giving out. Firstly I want Thank you for your kind idea, it was a nice idea. However STWOR game and forums are plagued by BOTs The do not need to post to get the codes before a human sees them they just scan over the posts and take the codes, and they do this faster then any human can react. The game is littered with these faming bots as well they will likely sell the codes on to other players if they go to X website and likely end up with some virus in the doing so. So as Nice and kind as your Idea was its only feeding the spam bots and depriving your player base. It would be much better to just send everyone on the EU server an in game e-mail with a random gift of some cartel coins. less of a headache for your and gives us EU players a little bonus cheer up and for subs a little compo as well maybe. But again thank you for your kind idea.:rolleyes:

There was never a respect for European players in the game. All but one patches were in euro prime time.

-eric

Who says no to free crap?

To all the people being angry about things not working right now:

Look there is a big debate going on and you are missing it.

Theron doesn't like pineapple on pizza. Its a thing.

You don't follow @therealtheronshan on tumblr, then. He states he actually would order pineapple pizza, there!

-eric

the issue isn't you giving codes. it's that they were sniped within 5 seconds. your entire player base is losing out on gametime and giving a handful of one time use codes was rubbing salt in the wound. virtually every other mmo gives something to all their players when this happens. we just want things to be a bit more fair and to feel like players are actually important to the company and not just our wallets. if the cantina codes still work a year later, why can't you make a code for everyone to use or send items in game or deposit cc?

-eric

Wow...

Now I feel even more insulted...

Those lucky 20 or so people got something that now noone else will ever have...

Why? Because they have faster internet than everyone else...

Come on man...

Talk about really kicking the player-base in the face and then tossing salt and iodine into their bleeding wounds...

This is just stupid and the whole situation is really giving me second thoughts about continuing my support of this game.

8 Hours and counting...

I feel so sad and angry right now, I almost want to just walk away and forget this game ever exsisted.

-eric

Just give CC or week of free sub to everyone, who will log in the game in 24H, stop insulting us with your "codes"

I already hate you, but I love Star Wars, it is the only thing that keeps me subbing. But my patience is wearing thin

And I'm pretty *********** sure I'm not alone in my feelings

-eric

There probably is no way to make everyone happy - so I get the dilemma here.

But it's one-per-account right? Maybe put out a couple hundred? Have them expire in 24 hours?

-eric

So instead of making so it is accessible by everyone you are just saying screw you to everyone instead. WOW you guys are freaking awesome!

GIVE THE SUBS 1000 FREE CC !!! how hard can it be... its simple coding that wont cost you anything but will get people something in return for their lost time..... win-win.... If you cant even see the logic in that, well what the he.l am i paying for ?

It has been done before.. So it can happen again.. Fingers crossed.

As a EU Player i got to play 20minutes today after work..