Game Update 5.4a

EricMusco

RANCOR MOUNTS FOR EVERYBODY!!

Unless you already have one, in which case you get a free Terry the Testing Squirrel decoration for the Umbara stronghold........;)

Terry sounds awesome. Maybe we can choose? Because I find rancor mounts too big, so I'd rather have Terry. ;)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those talking compensation, codes and so forth.

No solution is going to make everyone happy. There are some people you could give a $10 bill to and they would complain because it was not two $5 bills.

The code thing obviously went over well...like flames on the Hindenburg. Not a good example of positive customer relations. A cartel coin gift might go over well with most people as they could then get what they wanted as compensation. that makes good sense. Handing out a preselected pet, mount, dye pack or other shiny will only assuage the feeling of those who are after the particular shiny in question. For those subscribed during the outage, some sort of reimbursement would be wise. Even in nations where it is not required (customer protection laws vary greatly, in some places the ToS have no legal standing, in others the ToS is binding and everything in between). Adding a day or two for affected subscribers would be wise, if it is possible. Otherwise a cartel coin compensation seems to be the closest analogue (as you get coins for subscribing and thus coins have some monetary value in that sense).

The best hope for the player base is that the developers will see the hate, anger and discontent as well as the several hours of work they have to put in to undo this last patch attempt and then they decide to more thoroughly test patches in the future before deploying them.

I have seen this come up quite a bit in the thread, so lemme tackle it! We don't really have the ability to extend it with the patch today. To put that change in now is risky and could create some issues, which we certainly don't want more of today.

However, Keith, Charles, and the team are highly aware of this request and talking about what options we have for this. It may not be today, but if we can get something done around this, one of us will let you know!

-eric

This solution, even a 1 week extension or another week put in the schedule, means the most to me. I lost a full day of playing today, and while that's not the end of the world I would appreciate the consideration the week would show the player base. I'm a teacher so this week is a sort of "last hurrah".

Also: thank you for keeping the lines of communication open and considering our input. That is truly an important part of my choice to remain a sub.

Hi there :)

Do you think french players will get a compensation for being forced to watch the soccer game (France- Netherlands) instead of being able to play ?

(sorry for that, it was to easy to write this demand :) )

Who leads ? Hope France ;)

And if you read law you'll find that third party TOS/EULA do NOT have the power to trump legal protections.

All The Best

You have no such legal protections with respect to something that is a "service" unless they actually terminate the service. A delay in availability due to technical issues does not qualify as a termination of service.

But you go ahead and get your lawyer all spun up on this.... :rolleyes: I'll get the popcorn.

Edited by Andryah

Hi there :)

Do you think french players will get a compensation for being forced to watch the soccer game (France- Netherlands) instead of being able to play ?

(sorry for that, it was to easy to write this demand :) )

Oh you poor, poor thing. Nobody deserves to watch that.

Personally, I dont give a **** about free stuff, but if you're gonna give us free stuff get it to EVERYONE. Not make it a 1st come, first serve and screw the rest of you thing. I swear I have never seen anything like that.

I just want the game to be up so we can play STAR WARS. But, now I feel like I deserve compensation after that little antic.

I have a question for the devs. Is there any chance that in the future we can see more romancable companions? Like Arcann, Senya, and possible the return of some of the old companions? Not only taking them back from that console but actually doing a mission to get them back. Like we can get Nadia Grell, Kira Carsen, Lord Scourge, Akaavi, Ashara, Jaesa, Mako, etc.

We get some of them back in the Eternal storyline but why not all of them?

I will quote myself. Would be lovely if someone can answer this. BTW I'm able to patch the game. Thank you for the hard work. This is reassuring. That means that hopefully soon I will be able to play.

I'm honestly not joking about moving the patch to 3pm pacific.

The sheer amount of fallout for releasing an untested, unproven and flawed patch on your biggest primetime would ensure you were more careful about what was being done. Treating the EU like second class citizens seems pretty unfair.

Personally, I dont give a **** about free stuff, but if you're gonna give us free stuff get it to EVERYONE. Not make it a 1st come, first serve and screw the rest of you thing. I swear I have never seen anything like that.

I just want the game to be up so we can play STAR WARS. But, now I feel like I deserve compensation after that little antic.

I feel like quitting the game after that last antic. Talk about final straw.

no you call the company and get things fixed. if it is a reason on their end that there was an outage, then they should compensate. are you seriously that stupid???

Do you really think a company is going to compensate you for a few hours of outage? Wow, you guys really don't understand how the world works.

anyone know how to redeem the codes posted in Dev Tracker?

They were one-time use codes, and they were used before the page even finished loading for most people.

I'm sure there will be some kind of apology for "Sorry, no Star Wars today," but I'm not sure what form it will take.

Hey folks,

Quick update. The team has a possible fix for the issues that cropped up this morning. To get them in place for testing is going to take approximately 2 hours from now, and then we can begin running that patch through testing. It is likely that over the next 2 hours I won't have much in the way of updates until we get into testing. Should that change, I will let you know.

-eric

:eek:

I don't always test my code but when I do so I like to do it production. So stay on call my friend.

As an IT infrastructure engineer for a large employer on the east coast, your team should be down right embarrassed to have any unscheduled down time. You have the resources and the infrastructure to run an out in the WILD test server that you can place every single change to prior to delivering this to production and affecting your customer. I guess there is a very cavalier attitude to change management in your line of business but trust me if this happened where I work people are getting walked out the door TODAY at the very least there is going to be a meeting with the upper echelons of SR management where you get to beg for your job.

This is absolutely un acceptable for a company with the financial resources EA/Bioware this is plain and simple, squeeze every dollar out of them with out putting any in that EA has been known for. I would be humiliated professionally and personally if a change I was responsible for ending in downtime outside of the scheduled hours.

Out here in the real world that would cost pretty much any company millions of dollars, you, on the other hand, throw free codes out and can't do that right shameful.

Edited by Kinsal

you see. you feel like you deserve something for being here. why is that? is it narcissism? i didn't expect to get anything, but somehow i got lucky for the first time since 2011.

maybe i will post a video of me destroying the pets in game and buying something out of the cartel market with my 450 cc and destroying it too, later.

crawl back under your bridge troll...

Why is that?

`cause one is paying? Thats why?

What kind of argumentation do you try?

Would you tell your car mechanist customer "what do you except here? Is is narcissism why you want us to work on time?"

Strange, isnt it? ;)

wow. just wow. haha

Srsly, I'm certain the intention was not to pour salt on wounds. I strongly suspect they are too busy working on resolving the issue to sit around and read rageposts while laughing and eating cookies. Eric is stuck in the middle trying to appease relentlessly fickle players who spend way too much of their lives sh**posting and complaining.

Take this time to do such things as:

• Watch Youtube videos for tips on proper beard grooming techniques (this goes for some of you ladies out there as well)
  • Clean your mom's basement! She lets you live in it, so clean those Cheetos!
  • Watch Youtube videos on how to wash whites. Tidy Whities are alrighty!
  • Watch Youtube videos to learn the best way to punch your keyboard and monitor repeatedly!
  • Get a girlfriend or boyfriend! If you have one and still feel rage? Find some private time to let go of some steam.
  • Go for a walk! Did you know that somewhere outside, rumor has it that there is actually AIR! And REAL TREES! And REAL aminals that won't get aggroed by you!
  • Learn to cook something beyond ramen! Your future spousal unit will love you for it!
  • Make REAL friends, IRL! For some of us, it's a challenge. If it's a new experience to you, might I suggest searching on the Googles or Youtube?

Invest your time wisely, and healthily. It's just a game (but still my favorite - because STAR WARS!)

Remember, dying of stress early costs you XP/CP, and CC. ;)