Game Update 5.4a

EricMusco

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post
Is this latest debacle going to reset conquests again. Thursday patches haven't been very successful. Well patches in general are often a disaster, so yeah.....

It shouldn't. That only happened last week because the Conquest schedule was adjusted outside of the normal Tuesday reset, since we delayed the update. An actual Thursday update isn't the issue, only if we touch the schedule (which we haven't).

-eric

Want to give folks something to do while the servers are down? Open a livestream session and let folks sound off. Let them vent, rant, throw out suggestions for improvements, offer suggestions for character arc developments, whatever. Let pandemonium ensue for 15 minutes. Respond to choice gems if you want, but record it all for later digestion.

We who use the forums represent a small portion of the player base, but we're passionate about the game. That should count for something.

Guys talking from a programmers poin of view i can understand the issue musco and the team face here - some times an update effects areas of code you may not even consider when updating the game - you have to remeber that even a baisc calculator programme uses at least 500 lines plus of code once you factor in all its functions.

In a game such as this your probably looking at several million lines of code possibly several billion. Im not defending them as i do agree thes things should be tested much better on a private server BEFORE going live.

That said shouting at Eric isnt going to get it fixed any faster - Tonight is the first night all month ive had the chance to login and ops with my guild due to work commitments but you dont se me having a tantrum.

they will fix it asap - for god sake the servers arnt going to be active for hours yet - go and do something in the real world

But I thought it was cookies. Darn it

"Hey, we know that you are all waiting for the servers to be up again.

We are really sorry for, the thousands of players. But, as our honest apology, here we have 25 lollipops you can fight for!"

*throws the codes*

I know it's too late to say this but I think it would be great if you asked people who wanted the codes to leave a comment and send each one of them to their mail/account/email directly.

Avalanche of 'ME!' comments imminent...

Guys talking from a programmers poin of view i can understand the issue musco and the team face here - some times an update effects areas of code you may not even consider when updating the game - you have to remeber that even a baisc calculator programme uses at least 500 lines plus of code once you factor in all its functions.

In a game such as this your probably looking at several million lines of code possibly several billion. Im not defending them as i do agree thes things should be tested much better on a private server BEFORE going live.

That said shouting at Eric isnt going to get it fixed any faster - Tonight is the first night all month ive had the chance to login and ops with my guild due to work commitments but you dont se me having a tantrum.

they will fix it asap - for god sake the servers arnt going to be active for hours yet - go and do something in the real world

Guys talking from a customer point of view. I do not care since I am not able to use the product I pay for.

Or here 5555-999-6666-8888 use this code to cover for my next month subscription but be quick or a bot will snatch it.

Alright, fair consensus seems to stop doing codes. I hear you on them being shareable like the Cantina code is optimal, but it isn't how they work currently. With that in mind I am going to hold off on it. Again, I apologize if people felt slighted, I only meant it is as a fun downtime killer! I will be more sensitive to that in the future.

Again, we are actively moving towards a possible fix now. We then need to test it to ensure it corrected the issues of this morning. I will pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

If people feel slighted??? IF???

If, yes if, we as a community could vote to fire you, you would be packing your things right now.

Man, I don't envy you your job, Eric.

I'm not gonna shoot the messenger, though. Here, have a rose to help you deal with both stressed out players and stressed out devs.

@-->-->--

This is what I did as a career. Sometimes you went home from work feeling like you'd been squashed between two very heavy objects. I guess that's why I'm not frothing and foaming. Been there, done that and finally ran screaming after a couple decades of it.

Edited by DieAlteHexe

Alright, fair consensus seems to stop doing codes. I hear you on them being shareable like the Cantina code is optimal, but it isn't how they work currently. With that in mind I am going to hold off on it. Again, I apologize if people felt slighted, I only meant it is as a fun downtime killer! I will be more sensitive to that in the future.

Again, we are actively moving towards a possible fix now. We then need to test it to ensure it corrected the issues of this morning. I will pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

How about giving out Complimentary Experience Boosts via ingame mail? Command XP for the LVL70, regular XP for those under that level, but ones that mirror the effect of the double XP event? Say, those boosts run 6 hours each per character, and give 150% more XP (since the event and regular boosts were cumulative) while active?

Because, I really really do not need another pet or mount. And giving out blanket CC is likely just a pipedream...