The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Idea: Additional Facial Designs Customization Bundle

Ylliarus

I think it is due time to see a "Additional Facial Designs Customization Bundle 1" be released on the Cartel Market as we have been looking at the same designs for the faces of our characters since the launch of the game. Sure we got some improvements with graphics and the sorts but we didn't actually receive completely newly made faces. Twi'lek are in a dire need of new facial designs I believe as the ones we have currently for them are so limited and the differences between them are somewhat laughable. It would be abolutely fantastic to see the Twi'lek get new caucasian, african and asian facial designs, maybe two of each? It would really refresh the looks of the Twi'lek, but if completely new facial designs are a lot of work then at least giving the species the access to the human facial designs would be a great substitute.

But the best solution would be to include new designs for all species, maybe even also the Cathar to not exclude any species. The appearance of our characters is an important part of this game as it makes or breaks our story experience. Adding new facial designs would be a huge boost to that I think and also smother the idea a bit that we're all clones of each other. Because sometimes when you look around the fleet during prime time you really would think it's Sibling Central out there...

No one is interested in this idea? That's weird, I thought it was something highly sought after. What are your guy's thoughts on this, would you consider it something you'd like to see on the Cartel Market? Edited by Ylliarus

I would absolutely like to see this happen. I think more faces (and more to the point, more variety of face types, especially for female characters who suffer from a lot of faces that look nearly identical) would be great. I would also like to see more complexions, such as aged appearances or more makeup/facepaint designs for both male and female.

We really need more cultural indicators in this game- it's just too cold and high tech. Star Wars is equally as culturally oriented as it is science fiction oriented, which is what makes it so very unique amongst space-based fantasy stories. Every item has some sort of story behind it, every pattern or style of dress or makeup application has its roots in a cultural heritage.

I'd really like to see more options in general- aside from hair, faces are a great place to start.

I wasn't disputing that they shouldn't have more variety. I was saying that the said variety should be based on the faces of Twi'leks, not the faces of contemporary Earth humans.

I used it as an example because I have absolutely no clue what the Twi'lek ethnicities are called. I only know the subraces Rutian and Lethan but that's the skin colours blue and red. Also, it's very plain to see that the faces we have currently for the Twi'lek are based on the three ethnicities I spoke of, the first few are Caucasian inspired, then Asian and lastly African. How else could I have called them, we don't know any alien ethnicities IRL :p

Edited by Ylliarus

---Bump--- and SIGNED the amount of times I had to settle on a face that was meh..close enough...smh...

I've had to settle for a face that I wasn't entirely content about more than once too so I completely get where you're coming from and hope we will be seeing a bundle with new facial designs on the cartel market very soon!