People that AFK in Warzones....

Atralis

Well given what I see and know on nearly a daily basis. I'm not sure you can be more wrong than you are on this topic.

Yes, they are idiot but it happens and it happens a lot. Rewards for losing isn't a good thing. Rewards for watching a movie and AFK'ing through 6+ matches isn't a good design.

It's more of a problem than you seem to care to believe.

Regular active PvPers do not even gear up on UCs, they accumulate so slow they are nothing more than a nice upgrade every so often, much less AFKers. You are seeing people TRY, not SUCCEED.

Also lets see, someone doing nothing, versus someone on your team using the red power up on your own node in OPG? Bads can be worse :p

But we probably do agree on being paid to lose, if it were me I would not only remove consolation prizes, I would also remove MVP and the stats on the scoreboard for the losing team.

MvP on the losing team? lol

The stats just encourage farming pixel ego / macho (i.e. kills / dps / hps) over winning.

In any case, AFKers in regs is nothing compared to the crap that goes on in ranked. They should address ranked first.

Edited by Foambreaker

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the many reasons I dislike the PVP in this game. I use to play Dark Age of Camelot and in that game there were safe areas you could afk but it did not affect the team or grp as it were. In the areas where they did not want afkers to accumulate there was a timer that would teleport you into the middle of the action so someone would kill you! :D

Two solutions:

2. Make PvP rewarding only for players, who participate. The more medals we got, the more rewards. Increase the Cap (currently 8 Medals) up to 16. Also, make the reward owned by each medal lower. So, if 1 medal gives a reward of - lets simplify for the maths - 1000 CXp, 2 medals would just give 1800, 3 medals would give 2400 etc. Additionally, give a base reward for everyone getting 4 medals. No rewards for under 4 medals. That would force players to play actively. Also, it is possible getting a reward by just defending a node.

I like something similar to this idea too. I think unassembled components should only be rewarded for those who hit the current minimum medal level for full rewards which is 8. To help those who end up defending capture points, there could be extra incentives as points/medals are earned slower when defending. I remember WoW did something similar which made battlegrounds much more fun again as people started organising defence teams.

It was a joke right, you people get that losing pays 2 UCs?

That's 2 UCs

AFKing in PvP for gear is a myth. Sure you might see someone try it, one day, but as soon as they see the pay, they leave.

2??? thats some serious cash!!!!! If I start now, I can be in BIS by 7.0!!

Regular active PvPers do not even gear up on UCs, they accumulate so slow they are nothing more than a nice upgrade every so often, much less AFKers. You are seeing people TRY, not SUCCEED.

Also lets see, someone doing nothing, versus someone on your team using the red power up on your own node in OPG? Bads can be worse :p

Bads can be worse but AFK'ers are pretty bad as well and I also know they are succeeding. IF they were not it still wouldn't be done. They can succeed in getting UC's while binge watching the defenders then it will be done and it will be done a lot.

But we probably do agree on being paid to lose, ...SNIP.

It's starting to sound like it yes.

This is probably a prime example as to why unessembled components shouldn't be strictly PVP.

This ^ There is no reason UC shouldn't be spread out everywhere as the incentive to do all kinds of content be it heroics, FP, UR, OPS and PVP.

GC being the incentive is one of the worst jokes on gamers in a long time.

If the claim it helps get people into PVP then the same claim can be made for almost any content given how UC's allow one to not only buy gear but to upgrade something as well.

While bw placed some in NM content thats a fairly poor attempt to make a difference.

Edited by Quraswren

2??? thats some serious cash!!!!! If I start now, I can be in BIS by 7.0!!

Hey folks,

As we have mentioned a few times over the past couple of weeks, we are planning some Unassembled Component changes in GU 5.4. This thread is to outline the exact changes you can expect. We had a few goals we wanted to focus on:

• Increase the overall Components a character can get each week via Missions.
  • Increase incentive for Ranked Warzones to increase participation and to ensure it is being properly rewarded compared to unranked.
  • Shift some of the rewards from the Daily Missions into Weekly Missions so it is less punishing if you miss a day.

With that in mind, here are the specifics!

Unranked - Overall, Component rewards earned per week unchanged.

• Daily Mission: Now rewards 10 Components, down from 12.
  • Weekly Mission: Now rewards 54 Components, up from 40.

Ranked - Large changes were made here to really amp up the value of Ranked Missions.

• Solo Daily: Now rewards 15 Components, down from 16.
  • Solo Weekly: Now rewards 100 Components, up from 30.
  • Group Daily: Now rewards 30 Components, up from 20.
  • Group Weekly: Now rewards 200 Components, up from 60.

It is worth noting that the Command XP values of almost all of these Missions have also been buffed. The same is true of the Ranked Season Tokens that you earn from the Ranked Missions. Those are the Mission changes you can expect for Ranked and Unranked coming in 5.4. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Who cares about the 2 UCs for losing. Look at what you gain from doing dailies and weeklies.

I think afk'ing ranked will be the next thing. Think about it...do the daily ranked with a group of pve noobs. Have a tea party, gain 30 UCs each for a few afk matches. Get the weekly...gain 200 more. Huzzah!

Who cares about the 2 UCs for losing. Look at what you gain from doing dailies and weeklies.

I think afk'ing ranked will be the next thing. Think about it...do the daily ranked with a group of pve noobs. Have a tea party, gain 30 UCs each for a few afk matches. Get the weekly...gain 200 more. Huzzah!

And thats for losing. Can't pull that off in an OPS.

It's like bw is doing there best to encourage me to AFK in PVP while I netflix and chill on the second monitor.

And thats for losing. Can't pull that off in an OPS.

It's like bw is doing there best to encourage me to AFK in PVP while I netflix and chill on the second monitor.

Yeah Netflix is chill that way. You know, I was thinking. Ranked is really even better because it's all 4v4 so those matches will be over in seconds anyway. Think about how many alts you can get dailies done on. I swear once people figure this out, ranked is going to be swamped. Might make it a guild event and call it pvp bonanza or something like that.

This ^ There is no reason UC shouldn't be spread out everywhere as the incentive to do all kinds of content be it heroics, FP, UR, OPS and PVP.

GC being the incentive is one of the worst jokes on gamers in a long time.

If the claim it helps get people into PVP then the same claim can be made for almost any content given how UC's allow one to not only buy gear but to upgrade something as well.

While bw placed some in NM content thats a fairly poor attempt to make a difference.

Top PVP gear in 4.0 was easier to get then PVE gear the way they got it set up now is just plain ridiculous.