Musco's interview with Snave

Icykill_

Last year in July 2016, Snave did a live interview with Musco about PvP.

In this interview lots of points were brought up and they still have not been addressed 13 months later.

A couple of examples is the bug in Hutt Ball where Leap and Holotraverse still does not work in the HB end zones. Another is hybrid setups like shank/skank tanks.

Keith, Eric, can you watch this interview again and let us know what is happening?

In this interview lots of points were brought up and they still have not been addressed 13 months later

No doubt it's not considered a priority fix along with many otheres (Yes gear preview bug I am looking at you)

Regardless, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a fix anytime soon.

No doubt it's not considered a priority fix along with many otheres (Yes gear preview bug I am looking at you)

Regardless, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a fix anytime soon.

There are quiet a lot of other points in the interview too.

True. But there are so many bugs that have gone years without a fix, even when the dev's are well aware of them, that any expectation of a fix for something suddenly coming out in a patch that resolves these issues is percieved as slim-to-none.

As far as I see it. You can expect a fix if it affects the servers (just look at devtracker about the ongoing servers drama) or the Cartel Market. As for anything else, expect a very very long wait and hope that one day it get's looked at,

:confused:

True. But there are so many bugs that have gone years without a fix, even when the dev's are well aware of them, that any expectation of a fix for something suddenly coming out in a patch that resolves these issues is percieved as slim-to-none.

As far as I see it. You can expect a fix if it affects the servers (just look at devtracker about the ongoing servers drama) or the Cartel Market. As for anything else, expect a very very long wait and hope that one day it get's looked at,

:confused:

It's not just the bugs that haven't been addressed from the interview.

Not convinced the current staff has the mission to fix bugs which are not critical to game play like outfit designer or pick your pet bug. Also a consideration is certain bugs and fixes may have left with the old staff.

Did you watch the interview? It's about pvp and not just bugs. But bugs like leap in Hutt Ball are critical to game play in that WZ because it changes the whole dynamic of the game. It's certainly not a cosmetic bug.

icy , the dev have been inconsistent with their statements

i give examples :,

- rank season too long should shorten , reality: Season 8 goes to almost 9 months --- strike 1

- currency are too many should be simplified , reality : current token and currency are more complicated --- strike 2

- gearing too long with only 1% get to 208 as i recall so now gearing much easier: reality: change 5.0 with very grindy and lock box RNG - strike 3

and many other things, i think they have so much on their plate they cant finish in time

In this interview lots of points were brought up and they still have not been addressed 13 months later.

A couple of examples is the bug in Hutt Ball where Leap and Holotraverse still does not work in the HB end zones. Another is hybrid setups like shank/skank tanks.

Keith, Eric, can you watch this interview again and let us know what is happening?

Icy: Did you really have to bring more heartache into Swtor, we have too much of it, and right now i know the Devs are doing a lot more Multi-player wise. unfortunately not................ Now you got me started. :p

Iam so tired of opped skank-tanks. Whilst they swap guard and defend group members from serious damage they also cause serious damage to others which makes them a perfect class to play. Currently people are only getting used to skank-tank, but on some of the servers i already see tonnes of them. Eventually this will happen to tre and harbinger, when people will find out how opped skank-tank can be, and we will see 1-2 skank tanks on each warzone ruining the game by making only 1-3 killing blows from all groups per match

Iam so tired of opped skank-tanks. Whilst they swap guard and defend group members from serious damage they also cause serious damage to others which makes them a perfect class to play. Currently people are only getting used to skank-tank, but on some of the servers i already see tonnes of them. Eventually this will happen to tre and harbinger, when people will find out how opped skank-tank can be, and we will see 1-2 skank tanks on each warzone ruining the game by making only 1-3 killing blows from all groups per match

Edit : 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Edited by Icykill_

Well now that sounds like something we should do just for FUN.

Nothing says "Hey Bioware - Fix Me" like loads of ranked PVP Skank Tanks running around ruining things.

Please do give me the config so I can be a complete baddy in ranked (Since they are rewarding more ranked playing now). Oh yea - I don't PVP so I hope the ranked players in match don't get upset. :rolleyes:

Icy after all those years you should know already. When you watch the interview already in the first few minutes you can see Erics responses, nothing specific, general info etc. He cannot say anything, no one can. Its sadly how it is. Even if people want to improve a lot of things, Bioware has the keys to the shop (as we say). They can do what they want, even though we are paying customers!

We can only hope for the best and in the end, nobody is keeping us here :)

Icy after all those years you should know already. When you watch the interview already in the first few minutes you can see Erics responses, nothing specific, general info etc. He cannot say anything, no one can. Its sadly how it is. Even if people want to improve a lot of things, Bioware has the keys to the shop (as we say). They can do what they want, even though we are paying customers!

We can only hope for the best and in the end, nobody is keeping us here :)

Yeah, lots of Eric's answers are generalised and evasive. I think he may have the skills of a politician in that sense. But Snave did lock him down with the Leap in Hutt Ball being bugged. He even said they'd discussed this in the office and it was a bug. I can't see a more definitive answer than that.

Yeah, I've unsubbed.

Edited by Icykill_

In september 2014, it was said, "something better then cross servers".. year later, "soon" ... 3years later, nothing.

Stop believing in fairy tails :o

Edited by Shivax

In september 2014, it was said, "something better then cross servers".. year later, "soon" ... 3years later, nothing.

Iam also starting to loose my fate in this game. Class balance is being implemented very slowly, disbalance in new content (pve gets new op, fp whilst pvp is getting nothing even though they wrote in roadmap about new wrz coming, no info about it or particular dates when it will appear), skank-tanks dominating wrzs, low rewards for unranked wrzs, numerous buggs and glitches, dead open world pvp, disappointing story content (most of the players disliked kotfee) etc.

Nothing surprising that players are leaving.

Edited by omaan

Yeah, lots of Eric's answers are generalised and evasive. I think he may have the skills of a politician in that sense. But Snave did lock him down with the Leap in Hutt Ball being bugged. He even said they'd discussed this in the office and it was a bug. I can't see a more definitive answer than that.

Yeah, I've unsubbed.

He also got him with the thing that sorc bubble was immune to acid in arena end. It was fixed without patch notes which contradicts with what Eric said that everything is in patch notes.

They stated that it was a mistake from some drunk or what ever Dev, it wasnt any real promise.

My favorite was when they promised during a Cantina event to increase the drop rate on the Red Gree Mount. That NEVER happened or it was marketing pitch and then increased by like 0.0001%.

The question was from the crowd about it being better drop rate since the event is so infrequent, the speaker asked if everyone wanted to see it happen, response was YES by the crowd...

"You got it..." and again like I said never happened.

Promises just seem to get broken left and right. It was the same event that Musco was shocked to see so many level 50 Legacy people in the room. Another useless item to grind that they never went back and did anything with. :(

Edited by dscount