not a bad game but.........

JediLiam

This is not a question that furthers any kind of discussion, this is a silly question that has nothing to do with the game and everything to do with trolling and derailing a discussion.

It is poor manners, and is overused by fail trolls on every gaming forum for every game.

im not derailing a discussion, i am asking him why, if its so good, is he on here instead of playing the BESTEST GAME EVAR!!!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH I don't think I ever seen SWG forums as negative as these are. Not even after the NGE. In case you have not noticed there are alot of people that are not very happy with this game right now.

You do not remember the NGE then.

there was litreally not a single thread that wasn't pissed about the NGE, even those that were willing to give it a chance, thought it was terrible that they released it with no notice or input from the players.

I lived on the forums, I was weaponsmith rep at one point before Zion I think that is the one that came after me, but memory is bad.

And a lot of people unhappy into being forced to play this if they want a star wars game that is at least remotely mature, lol, lucas arts seemed scared of SWG and see it as a threat toward TOR ROFL

I wouldn't mind so much if the game compared to SWG. But this game does not even come close. Thats what has most of the SWG community in an uproar right now.

You do not remember the NGE then.

there was litreally not a single thread that wasn't pissed about the NGE, even those that were willing to give it a chance, thought it was terrible that they released it with no notice or input from the players.

I lived on the forums, I was weaponsmith rep at one point before Zion I think that is the one that came after me, but memory is bad.

Im just saying that these boards are pretty bad right now. People are ticked off.

im not derailing a discussion, i am asking him why, if its so good, is he on here instead of playing the BESTEST GAME EVAR!!!

And how is his answer in anyway relevant?

Oh, and this game is still no where near as good as WoW Overall, I am hoping it gets there soon, cause I am sick of WoW. But I am definatly having more fun playing this game, than I ever did playing SWG.

I wouldn't mind so much if the game compared to SWG. But this game does not even come close. Thats what has most of the SWG community in an uproar right now.

Bioware never once said they would develop this game like Star Wars Galaxies.

So fans of that type of gameplay have had years to alter their expectations of what this game would be like.

As well as multiple chances at the beta.

And, if they pre-ordered, an early access time period.

All of which they could cancel their order and get their money back.

So with all of that time and all of those opportunities to experience how different TOR was going to be from SWG, what's the deal with the "SWG Community" post launch of TOR?

And how is his answer in anyway relevant?

Oh, and this game is still no where near as good as WoW Overall, I am hoping it gets there soon, cause I am sick of WoW. But I am definatly having more fun playing this game, than I ever did playing SWG.

It is relevant because you accused me of being a troll and derailing he discussion

So fans of that type of gameplay have had years to alter their expectations of what this game would be like.

So with all of that time and all of those opportunities to experience how different TOR was going to be from SWG, what's the deal with the "SWG Community" post launch of TOR?

The 'deal' is that we dont have our SW sandbox game... thats our 'Deal'

Edited by JediLiam

The fact still remains the same. This game comes up way short. And thats the way it is whether that bothers you or not.

You are entitled to your own opinion but your arguments are not problems with the game but your own personal dislikes of people. If you have not found the game social then I doubt you have tried to join a guild or talk to others. The game developers are allowed to be proud of their work, and in my opinion they should be. Lastly mmoRPG role playing game, they are keeping with the themes of their own game, would you prefer "lol dood u is in teh gamez bro" to be emailed to you?

The problems you have are all subjective and are not down to poor game design but your own personality. You will only get out what you put in. :)

The fact still remains the same. This game comes up way short. And thats the way it is whether that bothers you or not.

If by short you mean far superior, then you are correct.

I have plenty of things to complain about, not having a sandbox aint one of them.

You are entitled to your own opinion but your arguments are not problems with the game but your own personal dislikes of people. If you have not found the game social then I doubt you have tried to join a guild or talk to others. The game developers are allowed to be proud of their work, and in my opinion they should be. Lastly mmoRPG role playing game, they are keeping with the themes of their own game, would you prefer "lol dood u is in teh gamez bro" to be emailed to you?

The problems you have are all subjective and are not down to poor game design but your own personality. You will only get out what you put in. :)

i said in the original post that the game was great, but i said there were things holding it back, developers can be proud of their work, but do you see a company like Sega or NCsoft going 'THIS IS TEH BEST GAMEZ IN ZA WORLD THIS IS EPIC, BEST GAMEZ EVER MADEZ'

It is relevant because you accused me of being a troll and derailing he discussion

wow, lol

Yeah I am done with this conversation, cant discuss with trolls.

But before I leave, let me get this straight.

You asked him the question, because you knew I was going to accuse you of being a troll for asking it, thus making his answer relevant.

The 'deal' is that we dont have our SW sandbox game... thats our 'Deal'

You haven't had that game for ages. Not since NGE. You're carrying way too much baggage into this game.

Why did you bother with this game, knowing it was not going to be anything like SWG?

This game has some excellent aspects to it. And is very fun in a lot of what it does. But it is nothing like Galaxies. And never pretended to be.

So why did you bother with it? You knew it was not going to be like Galaxies at all. You had all that time. All those years it was in development to read about it. All those articles and press releases. All those beta chances. All that time in Early Game Access.

Now we're here over a week after its official launch date, and there's sour grapes over Star Wars Galaxies, a game that was changed ages ago by its own developer, to move away from the game style you liked.

I don't get it. TOR was never going to be developed in the way you like. To put it in very oversimplified terms, TOR is here to tell a Star Wars story through voice actors, SWG back then was a chance to moisture farm. They're nothing alike and were never intended to be.

wow, lol

Yeah I am done with this conversation, cant discuss with trolls.

But before I leave, let me get this straight.

You asked him the question, because you knew I was going to accuse you of being a troll for asking it, thus making his answer relevant.

No, i did not ask you to come and reply, you just butted in, and i am no troll, if anyone is a troll it is you my friend

Why did you bother with this game, knowing it was not going to be anything like SWG?

BECAUSE IT IS THE ONLY STAR WARS MMORPG OUT THERE NOW, IT WAS EITHER BITE THE BULLET OR HAVE NO STAR WARS MMORPG TO PLAY.... how many times must i say this? is it clearer now?

All the flaming that has been going on from whiny people not being constructive can be rebuked with three simple words.

Customer Set Expectations.

Many of you crying over the game sucking had unrealistic set expectations on BW on a new title released during Christmas braking crying for hot fixes on unforeseen bugs.

Just stop.

That would have been the better option among the two choices you gave yourself. You'd have saved money, time and frustration.

Like they used to say in those old GI Joe cartoons, "Knowing is half the battle."

You see i would do that, but my friends are here and i want my star wars mmo that does not annoy me and i enjoy, like i enjoyed galaxies

Your friends and you have a bag of potato chips. You really want a twinkie instead. This isn't going to end well for you.

Sorry, im not american so i do not understand what you are really saying here, and for the 5000th time...... I..... DID...... NOT....... ASK...... FOR....... SWG2...... did that get through to you yet? i was not expecting the best game ever... not even close, in fact the game is GOOD, its just the things that i and a few people believe could be improved