The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Who else is happy this is more single player with mmo aspects.

darthjerro

I'm happy about it too OP :), for most of the reasons you mentioned and I hope the game stays like it is.

I immensely enjoyed the original KOTOR games, and this is similar enough for me to love it (also a big fan of ME and DA).

I sometimes forget I am playing a MMO the story about my bounty hunter is so good. That said this is a hybrid and while I can see nothing wrong with a hybrid it does seem to need some more MMO features for end game. But thats just my thoughts.

The one classic feature of EVERY SINGLE MMORPG ever released ... ever ... is that they launch with an incomplete end-game.

So TOR fits right in.

As with every other MMORPG, give them time to develop the end-game. It'll get there.

Its just like any other MMO in that you can level to max solo.

I would say it does have more group content than most other MMOs around though due to its heroic areas on each planet.

Anyone complaining it feels like a sungle player game cant have played other MMOs.

Also once your max level you will be grouping much more due to heroic flashpoints and im assuming heroic dailies on planets too.

You do know that in 7 years , hell, in 1 year , this game is going to evolve into an awesome mmo right.

To all you nay sayers, begone. You dont like, go back to doing whatever it was you where doing.

FREE MONTH...HURRY THE HELL UP

too soon to say something like that and it might end up biting you in the ***. this is biowares FIRST MMO we have no idea how the content is gonna be updated and how major updates are. so far we've seen little patches here and there, if anything the patches thus far indicate that the updates for the next couple months are gonna be quite lackluster but im just giving a guess no telling i could be wrong but don't assume because we all know what assuming does.

some things can be fixed sure, but the game just came out, I still would have preferred KOTOR 3-8 or whatever with 4 player co-op or something, but this is still good.

however i work the night-shift so on my days off getting into a flashpoint is nearlly impossible, and they take too long with a normal group for me to get together and do one before i have to go to work, Never saw the Black Talon until i soloed it at level 17 on my night off at about 4am.

Wish there was a LFD system or at least a "story mode" difficulty without the great drops but just for xp and the story.

I didn't realize this game was preventing you from partying, chatting, and doing things you can do in every other MMO.

Thats the beauty of it. You can party or solo andytime you feel like it.

Seriously though, its exactly like most other mmo's, i dont even know how single player comes into it.

I honestly think its more to do with the wow gen that like to fill up their quest book with quests they have grabbed , yet have no idea WHY they are doing those quests. Then fly to the area, grind a few animals, pick up their bits, fly to another area do the same, then run back to the quest hub , hand them all in , and of to the next quest hub to rinse and repeat.

This type of questing is called A. D. D questing. For the first time ever they actually are playing a TRUE roleplaying game and are only just realising that its the actual roleplay that they dont like. Its too slow compared to all the " actiony " ( wow ) quests...

I would have preferred something like in Diablo where there is a singleplayer mode and then a multiplayer mode separately. I do appreciate the single player aspect and the story driven aspect but... should I play $15 dollars for a mostly single player mode? I really do enjoy the single player story, but the game does not really promote the multiplayer aspect.

It kind of dissapointing that the game mechanics and play style don't resemble KOTOR at all, but that sort of thing would not work in an MMO setting. And I do enjoy the game but I would have preferred a single player KOTOR 3. One of the great things I loved about KOTOR was the modding community and I am going to miss that with this game.

Edited by VeganHipster