Empty world?

Vegamann

Sadly all the servers are shrinking and have been since 3.0 . People who say servers like JC are healthy obviously didn't play during the heyday of 2.x and even going into 3.x when Fleet and planets had double or even triple the pop. Before you could get a daytime pugs of anything but now gl unless your camping primetime. I remember when we had multiple NiM tier raiding guilds and dozens so of hm now it's handful of either of various quality. PvP guilds are non existent anymore outside of some tryhards trying to reclaim a fraction of those guilds skill. Those people in denial will call a terminally I'll person healthy but whatevs what they believe is irrevalant to reality and only the game suffers as it doesn't affect me as I can play other games when raid time is over. Even WZs at this hour can even take about 15 minutes per pop as of late. But really there hasn't been a real reason to log on outside of raid time. More content and either server consolidation or ulimited free character transfer and movement of guild and other assets that currently don't copy over. Until then it's a moot point and people will just log in farm the latest Op boss do some rehashed content and log. Edited by FerkWork

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly all the servers are shrinking and have been since 3.0 . People who say servers like JC are healthy obviously didn't play during the heyday of 2.x and even going into 3.x when Fleet and planets had double or even triple the pop. Before you could get a daytime pugs of anything but now gl unless your camping primetime. I remember when we had multiple NiM tier raiding guilds and dozens so of hm now it's handful of either of various quality. PvP guilds are non existent anymore outside of some tryhards trying to reclaim a fraction of those guilds skill. Those people in denial will call a terminally I'll person healthy but whatevs what they believe is irrevalant to reality and only the game suffers as it doesn't affect me as I can play other games when raid time is over. Even WZs at this hour can even take about 15 minutes per pop as of late. But really there hasn't been a real reason to log on outside of raid time. More content and either server consolidation or ulimited free character transfer and movement of guild and other assets that currently don't copy over. Until then it's a moot point and people will just log in farm the latest Op boss do some rehashed content and log.

Sorry to disappoint you but I have been here since launch and while the population of JC is much less than it was in 2.x and 3.x it is far from unhealthy. Starter planets with triple the populations also had 10 times the problems with ninjas and toxic chat and that in itself drove players away. In a way I am glad the populations on the server declined to the current level. It is a much more friendly atmosphere and more relaxing to be able to play through the story without having to constantly look over your shoulder to see if someone is going to sweep in and take the objective while you are fighting the guards. I feel bad for the people who don't have enough friends online to do their group activities but for a lot of people, servers like JC are just fine. Those people who live for group content have options. They can transfer to Harbinger or Ebon Hawk but for some reason they never do so. Could it be they value their stuff more than their gameplay and prefer to complain about it instead of doing something about it. There should never be another forced merger. All character movement should be 100% voluntary.

Sorry to disappoint you but I have been here since launch and while the population of JC is much less than it was in 2.x and 3.x it is far from unhealthy. Starter planets with triple the populations also had 10 times the problems with ninjas and toxic chat and that in itself drove players away. In a way I am glad the populations on the server declined to the current level. It is a much more friendly atmosphere and more relaxing to be able to play through the story without having to constantly look over your shoulder to see if someone is going to sweep in and take the objective while you are fighting the guards. I feel bad for the people who don't have enough friends online to do their group activities but for a lot of people, servers like JC are just fine. Those people who live for group content have options. They can transfer to Harbinger or Ebon Hawk but for some reason they never do so. Could it be they value their stuff more than their gameplay and prefer to complain about it instead of doing something about it. There should never be another forced merger. All character movement should be 100% voluntary.

I wonder if this attitude will change when we get no more new content developed (maintenance mode) due to a lack of people playing and paying for the game.

Even right now we're getting a bare minimum of content and if this years is as small as it seems to be so far ... how bad will next year be.

I wonder if this attitude will change when we get no more new content developed (maintenance mode) due to a lack of people playing and paying for the game.

Even right now we're getting a bare minimum of content and if this years is as small as it seems to be so far ... how bad will next year be.

Sounds good to me. Lets not merge servers then and see where we are 6 months from now. I'll probably be fine with it since I still have a lot to do story wise. So many combinations yet to play.

Sounds good to me. Lets not merge servers then and see where we are 6 months from now. I'll probably be fine with it since I still have a lot to do story wise. So many combinations yet to play.

I imagine we've got at least until the end of next year before this product might enter any sort of "maintenance mode" and who knows maybe the level of content we have now is sustainable with the player base they've got (i.e. revenue generation) to keep the team size the way it currently is.

It might not be much but it's certainly enough to keep it ticking along until a replacement game were too be on the horizon (which I would be surprised if EA aren't seriously looking into).

I imagine we've got at least until the end of next year before this product might enter any sort of "maintenance mode" and who knows maybe the level of content we have now is sustainable with the player base they've got (i.e. revenue generation) to keep the team size the way it currently is.

It might not be much but it's certainly enough to keep it ticking along until a replacement game were too be on the horizon (which I would be surprised if EA aren't seriously looking into).

I think something that could really help would be to go back to selling WZ and OPs passes on the Cartel Market. It would give a boost to revenues and would add additional players to the OPs and WZ queues

I think something that could really help would be to go back to selling WZ and OPs passes on the Cartel Market. It would give a boost to revenues and would add additional players to the OPs and WZ queues

Completely agree and remove referral CC.

I beggars belief they removed passes but kept in referrals ... for the most referrals are used on people already here and paying so someone else already here and paying can get some free CC.

They are basically cutting themselves out of revenue for no good reason as I see it.

Bring back passes (or better) with no referrals and you know people are paying cash of some form for passes (be it via their sub or buying CC).

All the people that are against merges and saying things like this. Is so naive. This was suppose to be an MMO. EA invested a ton of money into this game. All the solo and RP'ers that throw around the word selfish. You are actually selfish as well against the all of us that want a health population. If you think EA is going to bother keeping this game running with just you low population loving solo players left you are delusional.

All the people that are against merges and saying things like this. Is so naive. This was suppose to be an MMO. EA invested a ton of money into this game. All the solo and RP'ers that throw around the word selfish. You are actually selfish as well against the all of us that want a health population. If you think EA is going to bother keeping this game running with just you low population loving solo players left you are delusional.

They're doing it so far sooo...

Ok... but how exactly will adding solo/non-grouping players to your server help with queue pops? :rolleyes:

Ok... but how exactly will adding solo/non-grouping players to your server help with queue pops? :rolleyes:

oh yawn. the typical twisting around of what others say. how original. I never said it would. There are people that use GF on the other dead servers you know. Or is that too difficult for you to comprehend?

Ebon Hawk if you're East Coast

Harbinger if you're West Coast.

Those are the two populated servers I know of.

Yeah, and combined they aren't what Harbinger was when 4.0 dropped. I'm not sure they are even what Harbinger was when 5.0 dropped. Like it or not, hurdles or not, BW is going te have to merge servers or they will have too many people like the OP who start the game, look around and decide it's dead and move on. That word gets out and gets around. Less and less people even log on to try it.

I don't have to like it, you don't have to like it, but it's how it is.

Living in denial won't change the facts and you don't even disagree but think fraction of a population is healthy because mob spawns really Devs can change that and no one cares about that. JC and the rest of the servers have been declining in pop. Enjoy your delusional world and single player since you won't see the facts themselves. And EH for real group content is equally memetic. Wastelands are also peaceful too but yeah lol. The people gave up cause lack of content and lack of means to do said content. When that happens serves collapse leaving a few solo players to scour the wasteland. BW will eventually be forced due to the cost of maintaining that many serves so it's only a matter of time.

Edited by FerkWork

oh yawn. the typical twisting around of what others say. how original. I never said it would. There are people that use GF on the other dead servers you know. Or is that too difficult for you to comprehend?

Nope, very easy to comprehend, which is why I'm all for making it easy for people to transfer to populated servers if group activities are important to them. :rolleyes:

Nope, very easy to comprehend, which is why I'm all for making it easy for people to transfer to populated servers if group activities are important to them. :rolleyes:

It's obviously not easy for you. Ever think about maybe someone don't want to transfer and lose their guild and other friends they may have on the server? do you understand that? which is why Bioware has to figure out server merges for guilds and strongholds.

It's obviously not easy for you. Ever think about maybe someone don't want to transfer and lose their guild and other friends they may have on the server? do you understand that? which is why Bioware has to figure out server merges for guilds and strongholds.

You're very hostile. Is it because of the :rolleyes: emoticons? What if they develop a way to transfer guilds/guildships and strongholds? You can transfer with your friends and guild-mates.

Edited by SaveTheMonkeys

And it only started with a simple question :D

Anyway, some have mentioned a note being added to such servers, well take a look, those servers still have the info that they are a PVP server xD its just like with the updating of the swtor website, will never happen!

Lastly, I cannot imagine a Dev making a note on the server: Hey this server is dying, please chose another one where there are some players playing!

Well, it's been promised for over 3 years, and so far, it's not materialized. I mean, didn't we see a claim that the game was already in Maintenance Mode, all while KotFE was being release a chapter at a time? What I wonder is how many more years the game will continue on until the "doom and gloom" crowd get bored with being wrong?

Living in denial won't change the facts and you don't even disagree but think fraction of a population is healthy because mob spawns really Devs can change that and no one cares about that. JC and the rest of the servers have been declining in pop. Enjoy your delusional world and single player since you won't see the facts themselves. And EH for real group content is equally memetic. Wastelands are also peaceful too but yeah lol. The people gave up cause lack of content and lack of means to do said content. When that happens serves collapse leaving a few solo players to scour the wasteland. BW will eventually be forced due to the cost of maintaining that many serves so it's only a matter of time.

You are right about one thing here: Living in denial won't change the facts.

So someone tells you that they're doing just fine, but your facts tell you that they're in denial? My, how entitled people have become to state that bluntly that "I know what's best for you, you have no clue".

Yeah, and combined they aren't what Harbinger was when 4.0 dropped. I'm not sure they are even what Harbinger was when 5.0 dropped. Like it or not, hurdles or not, BW is going te have to merge servers or they will have too many people like the OP who start the game, look around and decide it's dead and move on. That word gets out and gets around. Less and less people even log on to try it.

I don't have to like it, you don't have to like it, but it's how it is.

Ever think it might be the attitudes of people on Harbinger causing the problem? I have met new people on Ebon Hawk lately that transferred off Harbinger because of the attitudes and rude behavior of some of the people on Harbinger.

Who is really the one living in denial, someone looking back at what the servers used to be several years ago and never will again even if they merged every server in North America into one server or someone who accepts that the population is much lower now and plays the game accordingly.

Who is really the one living in denial, someone looking back at what the servers used to be several years ago and never will again even if they merged every server in North America into one server or someone who accepts that the population is much lower now and plays the game accordingly.

The third type - the person who doesn't see dead servers as an issue that should be dealt with. It NEEDS to be addressed imo.

My money's on the first and third. The second's more of a realist than anything else.

The second, ignoring it, is the easy and lazy approach. It's fine to be that way, most are, but from a business perspective, it makes no sense.