Sorcs be like "I want my past glories again!"

TalonVII

How? Unlike past FOTM, the DPS on PTs is horrible, their heat management is atrocious, their defenses are garbage. Giving them even electro-net, Trauma Regulators and reponsive safeguards wouldn't make them FOTM. It would bring them to PARITY.

If you can't do good DPS on AP, that's not a spec problem, that's a player problem, AP DPS is strong.

Giving them even electro-net, Trauma Regulators and reponsive safeguards would make them OP, no if, ands, or buts about it.

You don't want to be on par with other classes, you want to be above them.

Extra lives are inherently imbalancing. If I have to kill you twice, and you only have to kill me once, that makes you twice as hard to kill as me. Besides, your a DPS spec, with self heals, with heavy armor, with ranged attacks at 30' as a supposed mDPS. All three of which no other mDPS spec has and nor should they.

As I said, PT was awesome as a mid range spec and I can totally see the draw, but until such a time as they bring them back to that sort of concept, you should be bound my the same restrictions and limitations as other mDPS specs and while PT's defenses certainly need a boost, they absolutely do not need merc dcds.

Marauders and Juggs and Assassins get by without those kinds of DCDs and have limited to no self heals and only one of them has heavy armor. If PT is mDPS spec, they should be treated as a mDPS spec. Would you be okay with Marauders or Juggs with Merc DCDs? I highly doubt it. A DCD like Saberward would be appropriate for an add on for PTs as a melee dps spec.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i never EVER related to Dummy parsley lol... im fully againts it especialy when it comes to PvP balancing....

you confuse me with someone else....

i think balancing should be done by Actualy PLAY the damn game and get the conclusions what needs changing from there.....

Dummies only means static numbers that are not effected by the 325267266 other things that can and WILL effect them in practice....

so any dev that balance stuff with dummies are a big utter joke....

But considering warzones parsley, sorc DOESNT need buff to dps. I shoed 14 screenshots in my thread when they performed really good. And since then i got 4 more lol. What other source of info you want them to consider? Operations?

But considering warzones parsley, sorc DOESNT need buff to dps. I shoed 14 screenshots in my thread when they performed really good. And since then i got 4 more lol. What other source of info you want them to consider? Operations?

this is operation statistics from raiders who log into starparse while raiding (usually the serious kind not doing ez mode ev/kp)

http://ixparse.com/rating/?boss=&mode=HM&size=8M&class=&order=rating&dir=d

By the way on the healing statistics several weeks ago it showed that Sorc healing was heads and shoulders above the other two healers now it is even as you can see.

Edited by ottffsse

errrr yes. OF COURSE operations. hard & nightmare ones.

w/z screenshots.... u realize that's like at least 70-80% FLUFF damage that mostly can be healed through / ignored right?:D:D:D

I don't think classes should be balanced around Regular Warzones or Storymode content, the developers should be looking at the feedback and statistics from players who are pushing their class to the utmost of their potential, which is normally found in high tier ranked warzones and Nightmare Operations. Balancing after Storymode PvE content or Regular Warzones will risk balancing around a lack of player skill instead of actual performance of classes.

Yeah too many sorc whinners lately who claim their demands depending on useless dummy parsleys which are quite a stupid way of getting information on class performance. Here for example sorc showing pretty high dps - http://parsely.io/parser/view/286734/0 and on other someone cant make even 8k. Devs must stop making class balance according to parsley info, and start playing their own games - on warzones and operations so they see the true picture what is happening.

Pt needs some defensive buff. Not much but needs. I think one defensive cd from mercs may make it viable in pvp without creating a new fotm

hahhaa lol this parse is a lightning spec with a bug. are u kidding me?

#BUFFSORCS Bioware listen to people who play this class. We pay for a sub and leave our feedback here. People like omaan don't know what they are talking about.

To achieve this bug u need to duel ur friend on a fury ship before u parse and force a CL bug by hardcasting CL+TB+CL

Madness need a slight dps buff so it can be in line with Snipers and IO Mercs. We are complaining because this class has a broken deathmark and weak sustained dps.

Carnage should get nerf as well as other burst mDPS that overperforms in the next patch. Bioware will let us know how they gonna doing before august 28.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9333043 - this is how balance happens. Parses are very important. Warzone dps farmers is not a good example.

Edited by BraverDre

hahhaa lol this parse is a lightning spec with a bug. are u kidding me?

#BUFFSORCS Bioware listen to people who play this class. We pay for a sub and leave our feedback here. People like omaan don't know what they are talking about.

To achieve this bug u need to duel ur friend on a fury ship before u parse and force a CL bug by hardcasting CL+TB+CL

Madness need a slight dps buff so it can be in line with Snipers and IO Mercs. We are complaining because this class has a broken deathmark and weak sustained dps.

Carnage should get nerf as well as other burst mDPS that overperforms in the next patch. Bioware will let us know how they gonna doing before august 28.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9333043 - this is how balance happens. Parses are very important. Warzone dps farmers is not a good example.

Madness got their buff, it's done. They shouldn't get buffed more and I hope they don't get buffed more. They should get nerfed, they should do the least damage of all the specs of that type among the classes. They already fluff their way to the top of wzs.

You call for nerfs, we call for nerfs, see how that works?

Madness got their buff, it's done. They shouldn't get buffed more and I hope they don't get buffed more. They should get nerfed, they should do the least damage of all the specs of that type among the classes. They already fluff their way to the top of wzs.

fluff. exactly FLUFF. how the hell does that fluff matter at all on ops bosses, huh?????? how the hell is it okay to say it overperforms u silly person when it's around 400 behind I.O. , engi and even virulence, not to mention the melee burst which BioWare says also is in the same dps 'on target group' huh? or are u just trolling maybe?

fluff. exactly FLUFF. how the hell does that fluff matter at all on ops bosses, huh?????? how the hell is it okay to say it overperforms u silly person when it's around 400 behind I.O. , engi and even virulence, not to mention the melee burst which BioWare says also is in the same dps 'on target group' huh? or are u just trolling maybe?

He is mad because I posted threads like "nerf bust mDPS".

Why do we continue fighting over the same thing for months?

I have searched for an answer among all the posts for months and didn't reach an answer...

Buffing 300-400 dps will make the big difference?

And will buffing Sorc's defences and utilities make none ?

Everyone fights and argues at changing dps numbers without agreeing on one thing - if sorc's defences are buffed a little the class can be viable in pvp and then you will forget about those useless 300-400 dps.

That's for PVP.

About Operation bosses - yes a little buff on dps will cause a difference. This I don't argue at all. But we need small changes,not big ones.

Edited by RevorteX

carnage mara asking for another spec to be nerfed lul, also carnage and madness are in the same damage section, so if you want madness nerfed more, and carnage should be in that same category, then I guess carnage should be gutted? Or we can just be logical and understand that madness needs another small buff and carnage just need a moderate nerf. Logic might be too much for you though.

Edited by shyroman

Why do we continue fighting over the same thing for months?

I have searched for an answer among all the posts for months and didn't reach an answer...

Buffing 300-400 dps will make the big difference?

And will buffing Sorc's defences and utilities make none ?

Everyone fights and argues at changing dps numbers without agreeing on one thing - if sorc's defences are buffed a little the class can be viable in pvp and then you will forget about those useless 300-400 dps.

That's for PVP.

About Operation bosses - yes a little buff on dps will cause a difference. This I don't argue at all. But we need small changes,not big ones.

yeah we're not asking for big changes though lol. we don't want to be on top of everyone, we just want to be in-line.:D:D

they did a little dps buff in 5.3, but it was not enough.

we just ask another legitime slight buff to be in line.

utilities and pvp aspect are a different thing, to be improved too imao.

Edited by Thaladan

I am half hoping that carnage gets nerfed down to the current level of madness (BW did state that they are in the same grouping so if madness is fine, I see no issue with carnage being put at the same place) just to see see how full of it you are.

they did a little dps buff in 5.3, but it was not enough.

we just ask another legitime slight buff to be in line.

utilities and pvp aspect are a different thing, to be improved too imao.

So Sorcs can sit here and scream bloody murder about a DPS buff, but heaven forbid a PT getting in shouting distance with pyro, which has been bottom for how long?

So Sorcs can sit here and scream bloody murder about a DPS buff, but heaven forbid a PT getting in shouting distance with pyro, which has been bottom for how long?

Pyro dps right now > either sorc dps spec. AP dps right now > either sorc dps spec. Why are you complaining exactly?

did i say it? i asked a lot for a PT buff mate (i played pyro PT in pvp until 300 command rank in 5.0 so...), but this is not the point here. it's not because another spec/class lacks of dps/survivability that we can't ask for sorc too (which needs it).

it's not a battle for who is the worst spec.

Edited by Thaladan

PTs need:

Electronet, Response safeguards(or something along those lines), 10m more range on most of the AP abilities, 10m more range on Railshot, Trauma Regulators(or something to that end), and WAY better heat management. I mean atleast on the Merc level. Also missle blast returned, Fusion missle added(be so useful for all specs on a PT). Oh and our closer, rocket leao, should go back to level 2 instead of lvl 59. That was just an asinine move.

The we might have a competitive class.

And you be like "PT be like I want my past glories again!"

Seriously this isnt asking for balance thats "I want to be FOTM faceroll on keyboard". AP PT already have one of the simplest rotation in the game, you want to give them the current merc's broken defensives, and make them ranged again (thus having the dps of a carnage mara, but able to kite the melee, and nigh on impossible to kite for ranged like sorc that depends on kiting, or make about every sniper kb not really matter).

While I agree PT needs some love, this is plain ridiculous.

Also the whole whining that ppl shouldnt whine because you have it worse just places you right along BraverDe and all the other sorc whiner (which you'll notice I freely criticize as well on sorc forum) who have no clues on balance and just want their class of choice to be OP.

Because your class has issue doesnt matter you should angrily lash out at another that has issue to try and claim the attention to yourself like a four years old todler jealous of his brother.

PT has its issue, sorc has its issue, Jug has its issues, and all three also have some strong points.

Also take into account that any too defensive utilities might create a monster PT tank if they can grab them.

Pyro dps right now > either sorc dps spec. AP dps right now > either sorc dps spec. Why are you complaining exactly?

In theory yes, in practice, not a chance. 2 rotations even with all the cool downs you overheat unless you spam the CRAP out of your normal attack, where as a sorc can sustain their rotation far longer and crank out way more damage.

Nice try.

And you be like "PT be like I want my past glories again!"

Seriously this isnt asking for balance thats "I want to be FOTM faceroll on keyboard". AP PT already have one of the simplest rotation in the game, you want to give them the current merc's broken defensives, and make them ranged again (thus having the dps of a carnage mara, but able to kite the melee, and nigh on impossible to kite for ranged like sorc that depends on kiting, or make about every sniper kb not really matter).

While I agree PT needs some love, this is plain ridiculous.

Also the whole whining that ppl shouldnt whine because you have it worse just places you right along BraverDe and all the other sorc whiner (which you'll notice I freely criticize as well on sorc forum) who have no clues on balance and just want their class of choice to be OP.

Because your class has issue doesnt matter you should angrily lash out at another that has issue to try and claim the attention to yourself like a four years old todler jealous of his brother.

PT has its issue, sorc has its issue, Jug has its issues, and all three also have some strong points.

Also take into account that any too defensive utilities might create a monster PT tank if they can grab them.

Well I guess I need to state it again.

1. trauma regulators needs to go down to 50% instead of 70.

2. Responsive Overrides is mostly fine, just drop the health regained a bit.

3.The PT in general needs a few more attacks and a few more from range. All you have for the PT is your closer(which comes in at 59) and harpoon. Only attacks you have at 30m for any discipline is the base attack and pyro has that one attack at 30 meters. Hell a marauder has more long range attacks than that as does the jugg. What is so terrible about wanting a few more choices for attacks and having rail shot at 20 meters. Least if you can't close you'd have a few options to attack with besides...base attack.

Come on, stop thinking I just want PTs to be the FOTM and more "I'd like them to have some more tools on the kit bag instead of the least amount of tools and probably some of the worst defenses".

In theory yes, in practice, not a chance. 2 rotations even with all the cool downs you overheat unless you spam the CRAP out of your normal attack, where as a sorc can sustain their rotation far longer and crank out way more damage.

Nice try.

I don't think you understand how rotations work, pyro's rotation, the one that is energy neutral and weaves in basic attacks, does more damage than sorc specs (CL bug not included), which is how it's supposed to be, but madness is not performing as high as other ranged sustained specs and melee burst specs.

Edited by shyroman

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.