Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Sorcs be like "I want my past glories again!"

TalonVII

Meanwhile Powertechs are going B**** PLEASE.

Seriously whining about not having the:

Best defenses

Best speed

Top DPS

And I'm sure there are a few other things in there.

While PTs are going "Defenses? What are those? Oh...you mean the stuff Mercs got that we should of?"

And on that note, least Sorcs still have more utility than a PT cause you all still do one thing better than anyone else and I'd know, I have a lvl 70 Sorc who's a....HEALER. And belive me, I'm not even hell 220 spec'd. I bring that healer into a pug operation, and I manage to keep entire teams alive.

So Sorcs, are you not in a very good place? Sure, but it could be worse. Could be on PT level. Can't tank, no DPS, ranged weapon in melee range, no escape valves, no DCDs to speak of, I mean literally the bottom of the barrel.

So really, with a this whining, get on my level before you lose your minds.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best defenses

Best speed

Top DPS

While PTs are going "Defenses? What are those? Oh...you mean the stuff Mercs got that we should of?"

And on that note, least Sorcs still have more utility than a PT cause you all still do one thing better than anyone else and I'd know, I have a lvl 70 Sorc who's a....HEALER. And belive me, I'm not even hell 220 spec'd. I bring that healer into a pug operation, and I manage to keep entire teams alive.

So Sorcs, are you not in a very good place? Sure, but it could be worse. Could be on PT level. Can't tank, no DPS, ranged weapon in melee range, no escape valves, no DCDs to speak of, I mean literally the bottom of the barrel.

Yeah too many sorc whinners lately who claim their demands depending on useless dummy parsleys which are quite a stupid way of getting information on class performance. Here for example sorc showing pretty high dps - http://parsely.io/parser/view/286734/0 and on other someone cant make even 8k. Devs must stop making class balance according to parsley info, and start playing their own games - on warzones and operations so they see the true picture what is happening.

Pt needs some defensive buff. Not much but needs. I think one defensive cd from mercs may make it viable in pvp without creating a new fotm

Yeah too many sorc whinners lately who claim their demands depending on useless dummy parsleys which are quite a stupid way of getting information on class performance. Here for example sorc showing pretty high dps - http://parsely.io/parser/view/286734/0 and on other someone cant make even 8k. Devs must stop making class balance according to parsley info, and start playing their own games - on warzones and operations so they see the true picture what is happening.

Pt needs some defensive buff. Not much but needs. I think one defensive cd from mercs may make it viable in pvp without creating a new fotm

PTs need:

Electronet, Response safeguards(or something along those lines), 10m more range on most of the AP abilities, 10m more range on Railshot, Trauma Regulators(or something to that end), and WAY better heat management. I mean atleast on the Merc level. Also missle blast returned, Fusion missle added(be so useful for all specs on a PT). Oh and our closer, rocket leao, should go back to level 2 instead of lvl 59. That was just an asinine move.

The we might have a competitive class.

Edited by TalonVII

Best defenses

Best speed

Top DPS

your a healer thats your prob spec to DPS and see where you go when you get instantly blow up because you can survive **** without help....

also about your list

Instead we have:

Worst defenses in game

Mediocre mobility ( thx to all other classes having 9000 capclosers + ranged having better dmg then you as a ranged )

Worst DPS with like half the burst of other DPS classes..

your a healer thats your prob spec to DPS and see where you go when you get instantly blow up because you can survive **** without help....

also about your list

Instead we have:

Worst defenses in game

Mediocre mobility ( thx to all other classes having 9000 capclosers + ranged having better dmg then you as a ranged )

No...you don't have the worst defenses or the worst DPS. PT on those same dummies on the BEST day, can't even crack 9000. So seriously, think it's so bad for Sorcs, I DARE YOU, no I TRIPLE DOG DARE YA to roll a pyro powertech. Then come back after you suffer that to lvl 70.

I mean honestly, it's hysterical how wrong you are.

PTs need:

Electronet, Response safeguards(or something along those lines), 10m more range on most of the AP abilities, 10m more range on Railshot, Trauma Regulators(or something to that end), and WAY better heat management. I mean atleast on the Merc level. Also missle blast returned, Fusion missle added(be so useful for all specs on a PT). Oh and our closer, rocket leao, should go back to level 2 instead of lvl 59. That was just an asinine move.

This isn't balancing that making a class broken. A DCD buff for all three and survability for Pyro is welcome but the rest isn't necessary at all. Devs aren't going back to 3.0 where you can do your entire rotation sans rocket punch at 15m. Also, BW is balancing raw numbers first so any discussion of DCDs and utilities will have to wait. And Sorc DPS do have their own issues and denying it is asinine at the least but comparing balance off of other classes is something BW is refraining from as it just leads to threads like these. But atm PT Dps is pretty balanced in terms of numbers.

Edited by FerkWork

This isn't balancing that making a class broken. A DCD buff for all three and survability for Pyro is welcome but the rest isn't necessary at all. Devs aren't going back to 3.0 where you can do your entire rotation sans rocket punch at 15m. Also, BW is balancing raw numbers first so any discussion of DCDs and utilities will have to wait. And Sorc DPS is an issue but comparing balance off of other classes is something BW is refraining from as it just leads to threads like these.

And how was it broken to do your rotation at 15m? WITH A DAMN GUN? Explain that to me? I mean considering up until end levels we have no realist way of closing the gap, kinda need some range to supplement. Plus fusion missle would be a great supliment to all 3 types, especially shield cause now you have a decent way to proc rail shot.

No...you don't have the worst defenses or the worst DPS. PT on those same dummies on the BEST day, can't even crack 9000. So seriously, think it's so bad for Sorcs, I DARE YOU, no I TRIPLE DOG DARE YA to roll a pyro powertech. Then come back after you suffer that to lvl 70.

I mean honestly, it's hysterical how wrong you are.

Dummies XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

DUMMIES !!!!!!!!! XDDDDDDDDDDD

you cant be serious......

in PvP you arent fighting dummies... you lose like half of your dmg the momment someone jumps on you because you need to run for your life because you have no def CDs to stand your ground also dummies wont CC spam you....

also dummies wont have like 3+ def cds to reduc all your dmg againts them while you have almost 0 to reduce theirs.

i could go on but il hope you got the point....

STOP USING DUMMIE PARSES !!!!! your making the SAME mistake the devs doing... thats why the game is in this **** state Balance wise....

Edited by Zolxtren

is this seriously what our community is degrading to? fighting about whose class got screwed over more? please grow the **** up.

i maintain my opinion of:

PvE & PvP should be balanced separately.

yes pt might have worse defensives. yes sorcs are squishy as ****.

well.... pvp isn't exactly the only activity that a person can do in this game. if u don't like how your character functions - don't pvp. or do it on a different character. :D:D

is this seriously what our community is degrading to? fighting about whose class got screwed over more? please grow the **** up.

i maintain my opinion of:

PvE & PvP should be balanced separately.

yes pt might have worse defensives. yes sorcs are squishy as ****.

well.... pvp isn't exactly the only activity that a person can do in this game. if u don't like how your character functions - don't pvp. or do it on a different character. :D:D

sadly as a DPS sorc you barely even can do Master mode story stuff without god mode level companions...

because sorc gets almost instantly blown up by even normal hard mobs lol

so yeah its bad even in PvE.... also DMG is still not realy good compared to others even in PvE...

so yeah... Sorc suck hard in both....

also for many people PvP is the endgame... PvE gets reeealy stale and boring after some time...

Edited by Zolxtren

in PvP you arent fighting dummies... you lose like half of your dmg the momment someone jumps on you because you need to run for your life because you have no def CDs to stand your ground also dummies wont CC spam you....

also dummies wont have like 3+ def cds to reduc all your dmg againts them while you have almost 0 to reduce theirs.

STOP USING DUMMIE PARSES !!!!! your making the SAME mistake the devs doing... thats why the game is in this **** state Balance wise....

If you want to go PVP, let's go. Other players snicker at a Lightning sorc, they laugh hysterically at any Powertech. Sure if they can get to you, free kill.

Quite easy to get to a powertech, because unlike you, PTs have to get up close and personal to do any kind of damage. And we don't even have the defensive abilities a Sorc even has. So please, spare me the pity party.

If you want to go PVP, let's go. Other players snicker at a Lightning sorc, they laugh hysterically at any Powertech. Sure if they can get to you, free kill.

Quite easy to get to a powertech, because unlike you, PTs have to get up close and personal to do any kind of damage. And we don't even have the defensive abilities a Sorc even has. So please, spare me the pity party.

both class/spec suck man lets end it at that lol

oh btw you have a good pasive 30% dmg reuction at alltimes compared to a sorc.....

Edited by Zolxtren

sadly as a DPS sorc you barely even can do Master mode story stuff without god mode level companions...

because sorc gets almost instantly blown up by even normal hard mobs lol

so yeah its bad even in PvE.... also DMG is still not realy good compared to others even in PvE...

so yeah... Sorc suck hard in both....

also for many people PvP is the endgame... PvE gets reeealy stale and boring after some time...

well i dunno. even the same raid is different in small ways depending on the group. i don't do it to kill the same hard mode bosses again. i do it to have fun with friends. and yes i do it as a madness sorcerer. yeah on single target fights i'm prob 500-800dps behind our sin & pt and about same 500-800dps ahead of the other madness sorc on the team lol.

as for being blown by mobs? well. errr let's see. i have a utility that turns my aggro drop into a defensive, i have a bad self heal on all my dots and my bubble... or a defensive when i pop unnatural preservation... nah mobs don't kill me unless i'm dumb and aggro a whole room at once lol.

master mode chapters? for whatever frigging reason would i even want to go there? then again, to each his own.

that said, i'm not gonna argue, out of the 3 ranged dot specs and 3 melee burst specs that are supposedly in the same boat and should do comparable damage, sorc if def. the worst and i'd like to get closer to I.O. & snipers lol

both class/spec suck man lets end it at that lol

oh btw you have a good pasive 30% dmg reuction at alltimes compared to a sorc.....

Well the only defense I'd like to see sorcs get is a **** move like rocket out. Be able to hit overload for the knock back, slow, RO like ability, then force speed(which imho should last say 4-6 seconds). That way you have the tools to kite, not sit there and try to duke it out with a marauder in his range.

Hence the reason why long range dps rook a hit. The defensives should be geared towards getting away from a close encounter, not tanking it.

And how was it broken to do your rotation at 15m? WITH A DAMN GUN? Explain that to me? I mean considering up until end levels we have no realist way of closing the gap, kinda need some range to supplement. Plus fusion missle would be a great supliment to all 3 types, especially shield cause now you have a decent way to proc rail shot.

Because all your moves are instant. That makes it have the range of rdps and the mobility of mdps with no downsides in that area. That's what made AP so broken in 3.0 as having both with no downsides makes it hard to balance. 10m is a fine balance as you have a gap closer since 4.0 for all. As for the level of jet charge, they could make it earlier sure not an issue for me as it's quite trivial to level but I'm fine with it lowered to say like 20 something or whatever. Fusion Missile has always been Merc exclusive and really only used AoE rotationally in IO for the spread but I don't see it helping as without passives it's just there and doesn't fit into any spending rotation as a PT.

On a random note while the PT does have a gun most of its move are from its hand (Ironic as for VG the moves do mostly come from the weapon)

Edited by FerkWork

Because all your moves are instant. That makes it have the range of rdps and the mobility of mdps with no downsides in that area. That's what made AP so broken in 3.0 as having both with no downsides makes it hard to balance. 10m is a fine balance as you have a gap closer since 4.0 for all. As for the level of jet charge, they could make it earlier sure not an issue for me as it's quite trivial to level but I'm fine with it lowered to say like 20 something or whatever. Fusion Missile has always been Merc exclusive and really only used AoE rotationally in IO for the spread but I don't see it helping as without passives it's just there and doesn't fit into any spending rotation as a PT.

On a random note while the PT does have a gun most of its move are from its hand (Ironic as for VG the moves do mostly come from the weapon)

Fusion missile would be slightly redundant on pyro, but it would be VERY nice on shield and AP if you ask me for the AoE and proc for rail shot on shield.

That's one of the bugged parses with Chain lightning being constantly instant cast is it not though? Hardly a fair comparison if you need a bug to make the numbers..

also about your list

Instead we have:

Worst defenses in game

You actually left the game, why you are still here? Or it was just a dumb show for bioware attention in which most and i also didn't believe ?

PTs need:

Here is fully disagree, since it will make new fotm. All it needs is some defense buff and not as much as god-mode mercs have now (and merc defenses must be nerfed asap). We dont need a new fotm, and what you write will make pt too powerful.

Edited by omaan

In your buff sorc threads you also was relating to dummy parsley and thats why i criticized you, now you changed your mind or what?

Here is fully disagree, since it will make new fotm. All it needs is some defense buff and not as much as god-mode mercs have now (and merc defenses must be nerfed asap). We dont need a new fotm, and what you write will make pt too powerful.

How? Unlike past FOTM, the DPS on PTs is horrible, their heat management is atrocious, their defenses are garbage. Giving them even electro-net, Trauma Regulators and reponsive safeguards wouldn't make them FOTM. It would bring them to PARITY.

How? Unlike past FOTM, the DPS on PTs is horrible, their heat management is atrocious, their defenses are garbage. Giving them even electro-net, Trauma Regulators and reponsive safeguards wouldn't make them FOTM. It would bring them to PARITY.

Sorry in PvP cutting edge DPS does not matter as much as overpowered defenses. Arsenal Merc dps was neutered to bottom in last patch yet they are still a go to class for PvP because they can face tank with those DcDs still against multiple attackers and do dps 24/7.

And the case in point is that saying you class should have the same DcDs as Merc or to a lesser degree Sniper at the moment is just plain wrong as those classes are broken and need a nerf to their Dcds.

1.) Enet-sure give it to PTs, they need it more than Mercs but make it not effect Sorc Bubble or any Stealth out mechanism-stealth or camoflage. Those things are not technically "movement" abilities and Enet should just shut down movement abilities.

2.) Reflect shield/ Trauma regs- sure also give it to PTs but really tone it down to 50% heal cap and not heal to full. Also like 2% heal per hit and not 5%.

3.) the adrenaline rush heal utility - just get rid of it, it is unbalancing beyond the point of fixing

If you talk about dot pt then yeah, it needs more serious changes to dps than bioware made but advanced prototype has quite big dps! It's around 10k and even healers often die 1vs1 when they burst. I See no problems with advanced prototype dps. Only dot spec needs soMe dps adjustments. However defenses - yeah,both dps pts are very squishy at the moment. Both in ranked and unranked pts are always focused, and getting killed very fast.

Edited by omaan

In your buff sorc threads you also was relating to dummy parsley and thats why i criticized you, now you changed your mind or what?

i never EVER related to Dummy parsley lol... im fully againts it especialy when it comes to PvP balancing....

you confuse me with someone else....

i think balancing should be done by Actualy PLAY the damn game and get the conclusions what needs changing from there.....

Dummies only means static numbers that are not effected by the 325267266 other things that can and WILL effect them in practice....

so any dev that balance stuff with dummies are a big utter joke....

Edited by Zolxtren

Your point is well taken, the problem is its a mdps spec. And as far as mdps specs are concerned, PTs have way too much ranged attacks as it is, they should lose the range that they do have. I don't disagree that in the past the allure of the class was it's unique "mid range" capabilitites, but unless they want to bring that classic sort of PT back, which would be awesome, they cannot have more ranged attacks and they should lose the 30' attacks they have. Marauders and Juggs have 4' on almost all of their attacks and one or two 10' lightsaber throws.

A melee DPS spec shouldn't have that kind of range that 30', the max should be 10. As long as they have access to so much ranged attacks as they do/can, this class is a mdps spec only in theory.

Return it to a ranged mostly sort of set up with decent in close and than it would be appropriate, as a mDPS spec, it has too much ranged already. 30' attacks matter on a melee spec a lot.

As far as the merc dcds and eletcronet. PTs already have a ton of CC they do not need electronet. And as far as the Merc DCDs. No DPS spec in the game should have those DCDs, including merc. OP af on any DPS spec. PTs should get something like the other melee dps specs have in the way of DCD like Saberward [by a different name of course].

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.