The Other Outlander

AnisaBadgett

This has been a popular prompt going around Tumblr, and it's a great idea. Feel free to add yours here!

What letter would the OC write their LI if the LI was the one who became the Outlander after Marr’s ship is destroyed?

So, take your favorite pairing, whether it's your official Outlander or not, and reverse roles. Your companion is your Outlander, you are the one left in the dark as to their fate ... what do you say to them?

Edited by AnisaBadgett

[Malavai Quinn/f!Sith Warrior]

To: Malavai Quinn

Darling,

I know you’re out there. I know you know I know you’re out there. I know I’m starting to sound like Vette.

We all miss you, but that’s not what you need to hear right now.

When I saw Darth Marr’s ship explode, I knew you weren’t on it. We saw hundreds of escape pods. We rescued as many as we could. I searched each one for your face, for any sign of you. But I knew you wouldn’t be there.

You have another story to be told.

I stayed on Dromund Kaas only as long as needed to get our properties in the hands of people the new regime wouldn’t bother. I made sure your family was safe and forgotten, too. Then I formally resigned my title as Empire’s Wrath and left for Tatooine.

Broonmark is still with me, as always. I am not able to fight openly, as I want to do. So I have become a conduit for those who can take more direct action. Vette has taken to calling the Tatooine home “The Other Citadel” and visits often. Jaesa has joined up with other Force users, both Jedi and Sith, to unravel the mysteries of how Vitiate became Valkorion. Although you killed him, there are still ripples in the Force and she is chasing them.

Pierce took a posting he hates on Dromund Kaas to feed us whatever intel he can get and to send promising recruits to the various rebel factions that have emerged. Recruits who will be ready for you when your moment comes.

All of our troubles, all of our victories, all of the things we did together weren’t because you were there to support me, my love. They happened to prepare you for your time in the starring role.

Wherever you are, be it Arcann’s prison, or holed up with Zakuulan rebels or Maker knows where, you are there to change the galaxy. You are the Outlander.

And as soon as I get the call, I will be by your side. I will make the galaxy spin backward if I have to.

I love you always.

Xhareen

Always good to see more of Xhareen/Quinn ;) (don't believe I ever commented before since I read it on the archive thingy, but now's as good a time as any to say I loved it!). And this looks like a cool thing to join in on, so here you go (no idea if it's any good/I don't often write stuff like this/I blame the wine):

[Theron Shan/f!Sith Warrior]

To: Theron Shan

Subject: Where are you hiding?

Damn your eyes, Theron.

I can't believe you to be dead, even if everyone around me says a burning ship is more than proof enough. You've been in hairier situations and survived and yet... Well, I can't help thinking that tragic circumstances run as thick as blood in your family. No doubt you did something crazy on that ship and if Arcann noticed, he'll have had something planned for you. I know how minds like that work. Not his in particular, but it's easy to guess. I was once the same.

Anyway, if you're out there, hiding in the shadows, I know you'll get this message. So know that I'm coming for you with every ally I can muster, every enemy I can befriend. And I don't give a damn if you disapprove of the methods as long as it gets you out of there: every ounce of rage I possess will be brought to bear to find you. Every moment spent searching for you will amount to an age of pain for this so-called Eternal Empire. Things may be bad here, but it will be nothing compared to the rubble I will reduce them to.

Yes, I've typed this a few times already. Yes, I still had to go away to calm down halfway through.

Anyway, Lana's worried sick, in case you needed cheering up. She wouldn't want you to know it, but she cares for you. Hell, who doesn't?

Actually, on that subject, your mother's vanished from the face of the galaxy. What a loss.

Oh, and if you happen to have sorted this out yourself already and you're just sat in a penthouse on Zakuul pulling Arcann's strings, let me know, okay? I seem to remember the Republic left us with unfinished business to attend to.

I'll be watching the skies,

Peritia

(Oooh, cool idea! The thought of our companions/love interests [such as Lana and Theron] being the Outlander...now that's an idea worth exploring.

The references to someone named Ivas in this letter - Ivas is my male consular. He and Adnir, my knight here, are close friends.)

[Kira Carsen/male Knight]

To: Kira

Subject: Stay strong

Kira,

It's been a year since everything went to hell - since you disappeared. We've never been apart for this long, not even when I was on the Emperor's fortress.

I wake up at night and you're not next to me - walk onto the bridge of the Defender and you're not there - I can't see your beautiful smile, that sparkle in your blue eyes, your red hair splashing against your cheek. Your lovely voice. The way you walk. The way you light up a room just by being in it. I miss you so much...

And yet - I know you're not dead. We have a bond. I'd know if you died, I'd feel it. You're not dead. But at the same time, I can't find you in the Force. It's like someone or something simply erased your presence. Maybe you've learned how to hide it; I know that's possible. Maybe you're in carbonite. Ivas told me that carbonite can block a person's sense in the Force. If you're in carbonite, then you're not dead, because there are easier ways of preserving a dead body, and...and so you can't be dead. You can't be. Not after everything we've gone through. Master Orgus's death - Uphrades - the Emperor's fortress - Dromund Kaas - our son's birth and death - Ziost. Now this? Arcann's lying when he says the "Outlander" has been dealt with. He has to be lying. You're not dead. You can't be dead. I lost my son; I'm not losing you, too.

Scourge is telling me to give up the fight. Not a chance. Doc is starting to say the same. Forget that. T7's the only one who stays hopeful, but without you, even he's beginning to be quiet and sad. He misses you, too.

And me?

The Jedi Order's in fragments; they don't need their Battlemaster any more. Even if they did, so what? I know this letter might be intercepted, someone from Zakuul hacking into it, but I'm past the point of caring. If you're in carbonite, then that means Arcann's holding you prisoner somewhere. I'm coming to find you, Kira. If I have to tear apart Zakuul itself to find you, I swear I will. You killed Valkorion - any prison that could hold you is nothing compared to that.

"You killed Valkorion"...still so strange to write, and so awe-inspiring it seems impossible. You, Kira Carsen, killed the Emperor. You did what we couldn't on the Emperor's fortress, on Dromund Kaas, on Ziost. You defeated that demon forever. You did it. You. When that news came through, I wanted to shout to everyone within earshot THAT'S MY WIFE! THAT'S HER! ISN'T SHE AMAZING!? SHE DID IT!

...Ivas just quietly reminded me that I did shout that to everyone within earshot, including other Jedi. Screw it, I don't care anymore that people know we're married. When you come back - when we come home - we're telling the whole galaxy and they can't stop us.

Dream of the future, Kira. I'm coming to find you. Hang in there. I'll be there soon.

I love you more than words can say.

~ Adnir

Ohh I like this idea! I always felt Ashara would have made a better Outlander than my Inq any day...

[Ashara Zavros/f!Sith Inquisitor]

To: Asha

Asha, normally I'd tell you to delete this message after reading it just like I've always done, but somehow I don't think it matters now...nor do I really give a damn.

When Darth Marr's ship was destroyed I knew, in spite of the evidence, that you weren't dead. I could feel it in every fiber of my being. Yet despite all the survivors we recovered and useless wreckage I had the IRS sift through, there wasn't even a hint of you. It nearly drove me mad...and we both know that's not something I say lightly. I can still sense you, even now. You're in pain, suffering both mentally and physically. I only hope that I will have the opportunity to inflict one hundred times as much agony on whoever is responsible for your anguish.

I was unspeakably relieved to be proven right when Arcann invaded, citing your assassination of our former Emperor: Vitiate, as reason to raze the Empire to the ground, although I was rather shocked by the claim itself. Believe me, I know you're capable of some amazing things, but killing Vitiate? Did you really do it? I sure as hell felt something in the Force before Arcann invaded, something I might describe as the death of a god were I as foolish and easily convinced as the Jedi, but I know better than anyone that the greatest of Sith never die easily. If you ever get this you might want to have yourself thoroughly checked out to ensure he didn't leave any surprises for you. I know how beings like him think, I do it all the time.

Force, now I'm rambling...I've been hearing voices lately. Whispers on the edges of my consciousness. I think the spirits are back. It probably has something to do with how stressed and worried I am, they must be exploiting my aggravated mental state to further torment and distract me in the hopes of taking control again. I've taken to spending hours each day meditating, both to strengthen my will and to reach out to you. I need that reassurance you're alive, just knowing you still are gives me the strength to resist them. But the thought that I might one day reach out to find you are no longer there terrifies me.

With the Eternal Empire's invasion, I've taken to staying in my various safe houses, moving to other planets every few days to keep Arcann's dogs off my scent. Those damn Knights are persistent, but easily deceived. It's not nearly as luxurious as our life together was in the penthouse on Dromund Kaas, but I'm no stranger to carnal discomfort, as we both know. It would be a lot more tolerable if I had you with me. The Empire is collapsing quickly under the force of Arcann's Eternal Empire, and it makes me concerned for the future. We stockpiled more than enough credits and various other resources for me to disappear completely, and in truth the only resource I would ever require is the Dark Side, but I'm not so easily cowed as to simply surrender everything I have fought and bled to build over these past five years. Call me sentimental, but I'm not going to go into hiding until I've made Arcann suffer for every inch of ground.

Asha, I love you. I miss you. I need you now more than ever, but in my meditations I can see visions of your time of glory fast approaching. You will hold the fate of the galaxy in your hands my love, and to be honest I couldn't think of anyone more suited to the job. Just know that when your moment comes, I will be right there behind you, your guardian angel working in the shadows. And when the time is right, we will see each other again.

Tuin elek lahge guriane vemsoir nu, fulagh. I love you, my sweet talreh.

Yours eternally,

Teri

_________________________________________________________________________________________

"Keep em coming!"...well don't everybody post at once *sarcasm*

Here's my agent's letter to Kaliyo. I can only imagine what kind of Outlander Kaliyo would be lol...

To: Kaliyo

ATTENTION! UNKNOWN SENDER, DO NOT REPLY!

Kali, I'm not sure where exactly you are or if you'll ever get this, but I decided to write it anyway. When Marr's ship exploded I wasn't sure how to feel. I'd expected you to just up and leave me one day like all your other partners, but I honestly didn't think you would do it by killing yourself. Imagine my surprise when I found out that not only had you survived the explosion, but been captured by the same enemy that attacked us and proceeded to assassinate their leader all in the same day. Of course I suppose I should rant at you for starting a war with an enemy that is currently skinning both the Republic and Empire alive...but considering I still don't know whether Arcann has killed you or simply imprisoned you I guess that can wait until the next time I see you.

Of course I'm well aware that you may not want to see me and might move on to a new partner like you always have, and honestly that's ok. I think you've stuck around for long enough that I'm starting to understand you, and I'm willing to let you go, despite the fact that you've now left me with an itch that I just can't scratch.

I'm currently working on finding out what exactly Arcann did with you after the assassination of Zakuul's former Emperor, that way if you're alive and imprisoned I can arrange for your breakout. If you don't want to come back with me after that I won't stop you. But if you ever feel the urge, drop in for a visit and I'll make you remember why you stuck around for so long in the first place. ;)

END OF TRANSMISSION

Aside: My agent also planned to keep secret tabs on Kaliyo if she ever left, not approach her and try to convince her to come back to him like all her other partners did, just watch over her and make sure she stayed out of too much trouble. Protecting her from the shadows when needed, and intervening directly only when necessary. He's cold hearted usually but Kaliyo ironically makes him a better person in that he actually cares about her, he's just too used to concealing his emotions to ever demonstrate it openly.

Edited by MayhemofChaonus

Lana/F!JediKnight.

To: Lana

Cc: Theron

Subject: I will find you.

Lana, I know you are not dead, you can't be.

When Marrs ship exploded I cried. Kira dragged me away. She told me that you wouldn't be dead. We checked every pod we found and nothing.

I felt his death like everyone else but it was different. It was then I doubted you were still with us, but that was wrong of me and I apologize. I can see you in my head laughing at that. Your idiot Jedi.

I can sense you, but it's not you. It's driving me insane. Where are you Lana? I need you. You were the only person aside from Kira who didn't see a broken Jedi.

I can feel your pain. Hold on my love. I will find you because I realise now that the Jedi are wrong. Emotion is needed as through my passion I will find you and then I will be at peace.

Until we meet my love, may the Force ever serve you.

Sathyan

P.S: Theron I know you read my mail, so I saved you the trouble of slicing.

Edited by EightiesMonkey

Here's my contribution to the madness.

[Malavai Quinn/F!Sith Warrior]

To: Malavai Quinn

Damn it Malavai where in the kriffing Nine Corellian Hells are you?

You know I love you so you better have a damned good reason for disappearing on me because once I find whatever rock you’ve been hiding under the past five years while the galaxy has gone to hell I’m going to do something very creative and embarrassing! Then I’m going to kriff you senseless like I should have done when we killed Baras. I will forever regent not dragging you back by the collar of your uniform to the Rose and having my wicked way with you to celebrate killing Darth Fat Arse.

If it weren’t for the support of Vette and Jaesa as well as Casavir and Kira I’d have gone to pieces long ago. Which reminds me you won’t be surprised to hear that Cas and Kira are now married. It still makes me smile, my cousin the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order married to a Child of the Emperor. And people called you crazy for wanting to marry me.

Wherever you are my love stay safe.

Your wife

Nathrrya

Now I want to know how Quinn could possibly become the Outlander...He'd have to kill Vitiate/Valky to do that, and somehow I can't picture Quinn; The picture perfect Imperial, assassinating his own emperor, former or not. :$

That's easy... Arcann 'kills' Valky as that's the outcome if the player submits, though I've never done that. And boom! Quinn is the outlander weather he likes it or not.

[Andronikos/f!Sith Inquisitioner]

To: Andronikos, the Pirate who stole my heart

I saw the ship go up in flames and all the escape pods from the sensors from our ship after you told us to flee (I kept the sensors on as long as possible)... but I knew somehow you had survived. I could still sense your presence through the force.. I know somehow, you are alive, and will return to me. Zakuul has made things very difficult for the Empire, and I , along with most of the other surviving Dark Council members, have fled - not in surrender, but in order to bide our time and rise up when the time is right. I have no doubt that part of what he broadcast as propaganda was true, I have no doubt you got our former emperor Vitiate, or Valkorian, or whatever he is calling himself, "right between the eyes". Your aim was always true, my love. May it ever be thus. I felt a disturbance in the force, but it isn't as if he is dead. Be careful. Be wary. And as we Rattataki say . stick a shiv in his heart before he can get a chance.

When the Council first promoted me Darth Occulus, you were with me then, and I will ever be unpredictable enough to not let our enemies see our plans. And I have been trying to find our old friend Lana, who was running Sith Intelligence, in order to free you if it is possible. My sister, who used to run around with an intelligence agent, might be able to help as well. I'd advise you to watch her closely though, and not to trust her TOO much. She's not exactly a model citizen. You remember meeting her at the citadel, her name is Kaliyo. (I know you sometimes forget names. And birthdays... that's o.k. I love you anyway)

Our safehouses are secure, and I keep in contact with our other friends. I know how much you hated the desert, so I have secured another one on our favorite planet. One where you'll be able to get as much water as you have always dreamed. Oceans of it. The one where we took our honeymoon, back when we were fighting Revan.

And, speaking of honeymoons...... I felt bad I wasn't able to join you on Darth Marr's ship due to my illness that morning.. there's a reason for that. 2 little reasons. When you return, you'll be able to greet them....

Remember us always .... and somehow, if I have to strike down Zakuul and everyone in it --- you will return to us...

Yours forever,

Shayddow

• 3 weeks later...

Felix:

I wait. I watch the play of light and shadow, looking for some sign that will guide you back to me. I struggle to remain calm, to let the will of the Force guide me, to demand nothing. So much pulls at me, pushing me down wild and unexpected paths. So many lose hope, or falter as they cannot trust and be led. The Order is crumbling in a clash of yellow and blue, and our own doubts assail us. I miss you.

I will not despair. I will not hate, or hurt. I am serene. This is as it must be. I am the shining shield, empty and wielded as the Force chooses.

And I miss you.

You are so wise, so honest, a pure beacon. The kindness of your hands is matched by the integrity of your heart. I treasure the memories. I do not cling to them. It is as it must be. If our paths cross again, my heart will sing. If you are truly gone, then I will always miss you.

Master Quaruk