The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Greenhouse decoration

DrDaMoZ

My suggestion is a greenhouse decoration.

This would be a very large structure that fits a centerpiece decoration hook.

In this greenhouse you can "plant" any plant or tree and after a certain amount of time a bound on legacy duplicate grows. (could add multiple sizes at various cartel price levels where each size has a size limit for the tree or plant you can grow in it)

Let's say a small hook tree or plant takes a day to grow, a medium hook takes a week to grow, a large hook takes 2 weeks to grow and a centerpiece hook takes 3 weeks to grow. Then add a multiplier for rarity, 1x for bronze, 2x for silver and 3x for gold.

So for example a small bronze rarity tree takes only a day to grow, while a centerpiece gold rarity tree takes 9 weeks to grow.

Make it so you can buy expensive fertilizer for credits to speed up the process so it can act as a credit sink at the same time. And being able to assign a companion to the greenhouse to add an extra speed bonus and a chance on an extra plant or tree, where the chance on extras depends on the companion influence level.

This companion will be unavailable to use for the entire duration. Companion can be removed from the greenhouse at the cost of not being able to get said bonus until the tree or plant is grown or the entire operation is cancelled and reset.

Similar suggestions:

- Mushroom farm decoration. Gives more rewards than the greenhouse (rewards x 1.5), can only grow various fungi decorations.

- Crystal growth farm decoration. Takes longer than the greenhouse (time x 1.5), can only grow various crystal decorations.

I like the idea of a green house deco. I'd love to see them for large and centerpiece. As much as I like the idea of the plants 'growing', I don't think they're capable of doing that, the deco would probably just be static, or empty and it would be us to fill them with plants.

I like the idea of a Greenhouse decoration that grows, but I wouldn't make it a mini-game.

If they're going to add mini-games, let it be Pazaak, please!

I would love a greenhouse where the flowers slowly grow, bloom, die off, and come back again, as a really long animation. It could also act like multiple Utility decorations, depending on where it's clicked, to harvest crafting materials.

Even better, I'd love it if Centerpiece hooks had Small Floor hooks overlapping (just like a Large hook), so that we could get a Greenhouse decoration and populate it with whatever plants we choose.

Edited by Xina_LA

Even better, I'd love it if Centerpiece hooks had Small Floor hooks overlapping (just like a Large hook), so that we could get a Greenhouse decoration and populate it with whatever plants we choose.

This.

Or, even better, let the greenhouse have its own small hooks inside it and don't make those small hooks inside the greenhouse conform to the stronghold hook limit. Have small hooks along the sides of the greenhouse either the floor or on tables, just like a real greenhouse would have for the plants, and allow us to place small hook environmental and bioanalysis crafting decos on them all if we like, without affecting the deco limit of the stronghold. If limited to those specific decos, it won't be a problem for lag and such like that, because they don't move like some of the others do (personnel and such).

Edited by bncsmom