Make level 300 command crates worthwhile

Lundorff

You seem to have gotten an additional zero from somewhere. The video had 2 peces of gear usable for the purposes you mention. Anything that is not equal with or an improvement on crafted 246s is trash.

So you're upset, and believe the system failed you, because you got a ton of stuff doing whatever you wanted in-game (rather than being forced to do something specific)?

Its not meant to be the primary gearing system. Its extra stuff, given to you for free, just for doing in-game tasks that you normally do.

Id say they were foetunate to get NIM gear without having to step foot in a NIM operation.

Sounds like if someone gave them a million dollars, they would complain that they don't have change to ride the bus.

Edited by olagatonjedi

It'd be nice if any of the command crates levels were actually worthwhile.

So far all they are is an illusory payoff (that drops crap we disintegrate) for a wholly unnecessary Korean-esque grindathon.

All The Best

But, but, did you not realize that the RNG makes the SWTOR fun again. You open 50 boxes and got to disintegrate all of them, only to get to open more boxes of disinegratable stuff.

Oh, the joy!!

So you're upset, and believe the system failed you, because you got a ton of stuff doing whatever you wanted in-game (rather than being forced to do something specific)?

Nice strawman there. You claimed there was 20 useful drops from those boxes and that is blatantly untrue and what I was responding to.

Since you obviously cant know what I have posted before elsewhere, the answer to your question is no. The one thing that interests me is how long it takes to get a full set for pvp. This set does not have to function for any other content but I have nothing against it doing so. I have full 248 gear on one toon and almost full on another. What I am against is the very strong rng component dictating how long it takes to get one. If you are lucky with box drops it's fast, if you are like me it takes a few thousand UCs.

Friends that NiM raid have also commented that the gear drops from those are very broken, I would wish that gets fixed too because in my mind it would be fair.

Boxes as supplementary way of gearing are a-ok but as current (pvp) gearing speed is intrinsically tied to the box drops it is too random and slow.

Nice strawman there. You claimed there was 20 useful drops from those boxes and that is blatantly untrue and what I was responding to.

Since you obviously cant know what I have posted before elsewhere, the answer to your question is no. The one thing that interests me is how long it takes to get a full set for pvp. This set does not have to function for any other content but I have nothing against it doing so. I have full 248 gear on one toon and almost full on another. What I am against is the very strong rng component dictating how long it takes to get one. If you are lucky with box drops it's fast, if you are like me it takes a few thousand UCs.

Friends that NiM raid have also commented that the gear drops from those are very broken, I would wish that gets fixed too because in my mind it would be fair.

Boxes as supplementary way of gearing are a-ok but as current (pvp) gearing speed is intrinsically tied to the box drops it is too random and slow.

First, if you dont have alts that could use the gear, that is your choice - to make the gear useless to you.

Secondly, there is already an uproar about PvP gear being too unbalanced as it is, and a push to make bolster 248 or 250 to, supposedly, keep the balance of PvP better tuned due to less gear gap. Part of the fix is not allowing players to gear up nearly as fast with the randomness, so that the gear gap remains relatively close for a longer period of time. You cant have both, there has to be a choice made in one direction.

....Id say they were foetunate to get NIM gear without having to step foot in a NIM operation......

Yeah kinda like how the worst PVP scrub can get NIM gear without doing a single operation and loosing every single PVP match they go in to (although admittedly it would take a long time, but it *IS* possible).

Pretty damn good collection of gear, I'd say. 20 pieces of t4 gear can be distributed many different ways, either as a secondary set of gear for PvP, or an alternate spec, or trade pieces via legacy gear to gear up alts quicker.

Kudos cxp/gc/bioware, in my opinion.

You are defending the undefendable.Just stop.All this guff about ppl not deserving.

The current system EA/BW have foisted upon us is RNG crates.How we obtain these crates is irrelevant,hard or easy it doesn't matter.Now to open over 1k crates and still not be fully BiS,do you think that's good?Or fair?

I've quit as so have many others,you are in serious denial if you think this is good or "FUN".

Enjoy your great CXP game,by the looks of it things are getting a bit lonely....

Part of the fix is not allowing players to gear up nearly as fast with the randomness, so that the gear gap remains relatively close for a longer period of time. You cant have both, there has to be a choice made in one direction.

I'd question that logic?

You'll always have players that have much more disposable time to grind out the required unassembled components, as the gear lootboxes are designed to be the primary way of gearing (not secondary) then the drop rates need adjusting to make the game more inclusive for players who are starting fresh. Otherwise players with more time will always be far ahead of the curve and your purported claim of the "gear gap remaining close for a longer period of time" simply doesn't hold.

Make no mistake, the addition of specific tokens to raids, the addition of UC to PvP, the addition of CT to the lootboxes to get a set bonus faster are all recognition by BioWare that the RNG system put forth at the start of 5.0 was pretty much worthless as a primary method to gear.

The problem stems with the actual loot tables, as well as CXP progression being poorly implemented from the players perspective. The loot tables need to simply remove the green / blues, there isn't any excuse for having those in the crates that were designed to be the primary method of gearing. Certainly have a lower chance for legendary gear, but at the glacial pace of gearing via GC and CXP it simply wouldn't harm to do so.

Especially if BioWare were meant to have increased the drop chance of set bonus and legendary gear at the later stages of each tier (which isn't my experience in the slightest..... and I call rubbish on that claim by BioWare).

Remember, this system is only available to subscribers, if you're really happy with it, then have at it and continue paying for the sloppy poorly developed and thought out gearing system.

• 3 weeks later...
I'd question that logic?

You'll always have players that have much more disposable time to grind out the required unassembled components, as the gear lootboxes are designed to be the primary way of gearing (not secondary) then the drop rates need adjusting to make the game more inclusive for players who are starting fresh. Otherwise players with more time will always be far ahead of the curve and your purported claim of the "gear gap remaining close for a longer period of time" simply doesn't hold.

Make no mistake, the addition of specific tokens to raids, the addition of UC to PvP, the addition of CT to the lootboxes to get a set bonus faster are all recognition by BioWare that the RNG system put forth at the start of 5.0 was pretty much worthless as a primary method to gear.

The problem stems with the actual loot tables, as well as CXP progression being poorly implemented from the players perspective. The loot tables need to simply remove the green / blues, there isn't any excuse for having those in the crates that were designed to be the primary method of gearing. Certainly have a lower chance for legendary gear, but at the glacial pace of gearing via GC and CXP it simply wouldn't harm to do so.

Especially if BioWare were meant to have increased the drop chance of set bonus and legendary gear at the later stages of each tier (which isn't my experience in the slightest..... and I call rubbish on that claim by BioWare).

Remember, this system is only available to subscribers, if you're really happy with it, then have at it and continue paying for the sloppy poorly developed and thought out gearing system.

People who put in more time SHOULD be able to benefit from it, but not from the standpoint of being the only ones capable of acquiring a specific level of gear. They SHOULD have more chances, as they do. That is fair, as you get out what you put in, if the sample size is large enough.

And no, CXP/GC is a secondary gearing system, not a primary, though if you want to consider it a primary system, it serves that purpose for blue gear very well, which is no different than previous gearing systems in swtor.

The 246/248 gear is a secondary system to ops.