Stronghold decorations bugged - Cant place new or move existing deco's

GrimTheGlutt

Intermittent issue, randomly occurs but quite frequent.

Has occurred on different accounts (the other half's as well) and in different strongholds.

Just going into edit mode mode and click an existing hook does not bring up the window to move decoration, also the edit mode window does not contain the full list of decorations available for that hook.

This occurs on all 5 storngholds I have tried, and on any hook type. small to starship, floor to ceiling.

Only way to resolve is to fully quit out of game and restart, a logout/back in does not resolve it, have ot restart game.

please fix it makes putting out shiny new deco's a pain.

Try hitting the clear button for the search filter, I had a similar problem even though it looked like there was nothing in the box, clearing it brought up the missing deco window.

I had this bug and this worked for me. Thanks!

There's something wrong with the Filter field. It can look empty but not actually be empty.

Backspace and Delete don't work, I have to hit the Clear button.

This allows me to decorate again.

Also, the Filter field really loves to keep focus, so you may also need to hit Escape before closing the window.

Edited by Xina_LA

Also, the Filter field really loves to keep focus, so you may also need to hit Escape before closing the window.
Or click on the blank part of the window near the filter field. I do this a lot so I can move around my SH with the deco window open. If I forget, I end up with a bunch of WASD stuff in the filter field, and have to "clear" it again, and then grab the focus back for myself. :p

Try hitting the clear button for the search filter, I had a similar problem even though it looked like there was nothing in the box, clearing it brought up the missing deco window.

Good to know, can live with that bug. Thanks for the tip.

• 3 months later...

Time to bring this one back up. Now, there doesn't seem to be any way to totally clear the Filter.

Example:

I type "Y" in the filter. I see all deco names with the letter Y in them.

I backspace to get rid of the Y.

OR I hit Clear to get rid of the Y.

Or I hit the spacebar to replace the Y and then clear it. (This was the last successful work-around, now gone.)

Only decorations with "Y" in the name are shown.

Closing the deco window and leaving editing mode (Hide Hooks) have no effect once the bug gets started.

Clicking to different hook sizes and back doesn't work.

Even worse, relogging does NOT clear it. Sometimes it even persists between characters.

Edited by Xina_LA