Thank you Devs.

Eomy

I have to admit, I expected nerfs, I knew it was coming however when I saw the nerfs I was reasonably shocked you guys were going to town so hard. I've played Sorc for the better part of five years with a couple of other classes thrown in on the add occasion. But now I'm facing a huge choice, I currently raid with a NiM team and quite frankly I feel like I'm not pulling my own weight anymore, I spent some time gearing a Merc and an OP though their play styles feel very clunky to me.

So what now? Do I do what many others have done and reroll? Play something I dislike and pray that you realise the mistakes you've made? You've tried to fix the class but essentially you've removed it from the game for many people, why play something that's lack luster and boring, when there are other options?

The biggest problem with Sorc in pvp was barrier, I understand that their sheer healing could carry them through most arena matches taking them to acid and then barrier allowed you to win. So I ask myself why you ignored that point, surely reducing the effectiveness of barrier would of been a start to combat this tactic?

Secondly I know roaming mend was an issue, it's an extremely easy and effective heal to use afterall you press one button and it used to top a group. I believe a nerf here was warrented.

In PvE I didn't feel like Sorc was over the top, Op could outheal in most situations, Merc could easily keep up if played well and both of these classes have something sorcs don't have which is a reasonable off dps output, and ofcourse with the nerfs to Sorc we can forget about off dps because when you aren't spamming your lack luster heals to try and top people as best you can, you need to spam the force regen like it's the only button on your bar.

Going to end this post with the thank you. Thank you to the devs for putting the only class I truely enjoyed playing into the dirt, 6 feet under. Thank you for giving me some rough choices, like should I quit my NiM team and let them take someone who is better on one of the remaining two healer specs. I guess only time will tell if you are listening to your community. Perhaps next time when you consider such drastic nerfs, run them by the top pvpers, run them by the raid groups that I know you speak to already on the PTS. Use the player base and people who play these specs everyday to your advantage rather than pissing us off with unnecessary and harsh changes that just ruin the game for your loyal customers.

Edited by Eomy

They just hate that class. They do everything to make our end-game and pvp/pve impossible. Why the f I am the weakest class by hp, wearing light armor and I'm doing so low dps? Is there a f@cking logic in it? You BioWare screwed this class up!! Edited by Labranth

Sorcs were overperforming in both pve and pvp, a nerf was definitely warrented. Though they took it somewhat over the top you're overdramatising a lot, sorcs are still viable healers.

As for calling Operative healer off dps 'reasonable', have you played Operative dps? On light healing phases as Operative I usually let my co healer off dps while I do the healing required, because Operative off dps is trash unless perhaps when you go into 4m range, which is often not worth it

My Sub expires soon, so with one of my last posts I want to thank BioWare for all they have done the past 5 years! There were a lot of ups and downs, buffs and nerfs, positive and negative bugs, but 5.3 beat them all in absurdness!

I have all 3 classes with healing specs in SWTOR (I rarely played tank or dps in any MMO in my ~10-11 years of experience) and when the fun is taken away of your main one (Sorc is not fun even in SM and guild runs where we try some goofy tactics just to have a nice laugh) and you look and feel more viable with your 236/242 Operative than your 246/248 Sorc, you know it's time to move on...

And no, I won't reroll and wait until the other classes get nerfed too and the fun in healing is completely removed from the game... I created an Op and a Merc purely for the purpose to understand their rotations and playstyle on a basic level so I can feel more viable with my Sorc for the whole group by knowing their abilities, animations, buffs, hots, talents etc.

So I will stop rambling and just say I wish you luck in your future endeavors, it's been a blast!!

The biggest problem with Sorc in pvp was barrier

Going to end this post with the thank you. Thank you to the devs for putting the only class I truely enjoyed playing into the dirt, 6 feet under. Thank you for giving me some rough choices, like should I quit my NiM team and let them take someone who is better on one of the remaining two healer specs.

"the biggest problem with Sorc in pvp was barrier"

*epic facepalm*

do you even pvp?

take your sarcasm elsewhere. its burst is the main problem, and it really needed a nerf for pvp. they've taken on feedback and achieved a good result. as a bonus your spec can't carry you through nim anymore, awesome. remember when all nim teams had to have a mara because of bloodthirst? the game's come a long way since then, your sarcasm highlights how little you've taken notice of the positives and are obsessed with making your favorite class as basic as possible at the expense of challenging yourself and your team.

Sorcs were overperforming in both pve and pvp, a nerf was definitely warrented. Though they took it somewhat over the top you're overdramatising a lot, sorcs are still viable healers.

As for calling Operative healer off dps 'reasonable', have you played Operative dps? On light healing phases as Operative I usually let my co healer off dps while I do the healing required, because Operative off dps is trash unless perhaps when you go into 4m range, which is often not worth it

Operative heals Off DPS is surprisingly pretty strong but as you said you have to go in 4m to maximize it otherwhise it's bleh.

Edited by FerkWork

"the biggest problem with Sorc in pvp was barrier"

*epic facepalm*

do you even pvp?

take your sarcasm elsewhere. its burst is the main problem, and it really needed a nerf for pvp. they've taken on feedback and achieved a good result. as a bonus your spec can't carry you through nim anymore, awesome. remember when all nim teams had to have a mara because of bloodthirst? the game's come a long way since then, your sarcasm highlights how little you've taken notice of the positives and are obsessed with making your favorite class as basic as possible at the expense of challenging yourself and your team.

And this is why we need to have PVP and PVE balanced completely separately, maybe have PVP have completely different abilities from PVE to nerf and buff in PVP because there's no reason that progression raid groups and PVE players in general should repeatedly suffer for a miniscule percent of the player base who plays PVP

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.