BW: can we get an answer on this issue once and for all?

DizzyrupTor

I am of course refering to the infamous grear preview bug!!!

It's been over a year now and in all the posts and threads I have seen on this I have not seen a single dev answer this very simple question; WHY IS THIS NOT FIXED YET!!!

Can we just get an answer please? patch after patch comes out and never anything about this. Is it being looked at? is it considered unimportant? or iis it just so low on BW's priority fix list that it's just totally ignored?

I hate making complaint threads but this one has gone on long enough wouldn't we all agree? :cool:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can preview decorations (when I don't touch the Filter box) but I can't preview outfits, armor, weapons, etc.

I recently introduced a new player to SWTOR and he was really put off by this feature being broken.

He made a comment like, hey if they can't get something this basic right, how buggy is the rest of the game?

:(

I recently introduced a new player to SWTOR and he was really put off by this feature being broken. He made a comment like, hey if they can't get something this basic right, how buggy is the rest of the game?

Can't blame him :) If i was starting out playing this today and saw that I would think the same thing, especially when I hear how long it's been there without a fix.

Yeah, for a game that's all about Barbie Dress-Up Fashion Show now, you'd think they'd be all over getting this fixed, but it's been over a year. :rolleyes:

I guess we're supposed to just buy stuff without trying it on first, except here, all sales are final and there's no return policy.

Yeah, for a game that's all about Barbie Dress-Up Fashion Show now, you'd think they'd be all over getting this fixed, but it's been over a year. :rolleyes:

I guess we're supposed to just buy stuff without trying it on first, except here, all sales are final and there's no return policy.

Good point - I wonder what kind of impact this is having on their CM sales. I know there are times I've passed on items because I couldn't preview them first, and I ain't droppin' money on a potential disappointment like that.

Already halfway down page 2 on the general forum thread list, don't let it die! I'd really like to hear from them why this still hasn't been fixed, because I think it's hilarious (considering their CM only focus as I mentioned before).

Your absolutely right. Strangely enough the whole Barbie Dress-Up Fashion Show is one of the big draws of the game and to overlook it for as long as they have is borderline criminal (imo) :p

I recently introduced a new player to SWTOR and he was really put off by this feature being broken.

He made a comment like, hey if they can't get something this basic right, how buggy is the rest of the game?

i tried to get a friend into the game about a year back, and he had the exact same response. it was probably one of the main reasons he quit. all because of a bug to just one feature. that's all it takes when its that bad of a bug. that and how they hardly ever release new warzones. he says this game has so many bugs and he played it for just a few days. he still brings it up and makes fun of it to this day if i mention this game.

i don't dislike this game or anything but its bad when i feel like i have to keep the fact that i play this game a secret.

At least you can bring friends to the game... most of my clan does not speak a single word of english and still waiting after 6-7 years for the long promised spanish translation...

I've got an Argentinean guildie that actually learned English from playing the game lol. It's awesome how they pick up our slang, and learned many phases we use from urbandictionary xD

But yeah, I know there are no servers in Spain or South/Central America, but it does surprise me there is no Spanish client. Spanish is the second-most popular language in the world, after all.

I've got an Argentinean guildie that actually learned English from playing the game lol. It's awesome how they pick up our slang, and learned many phases we use from urbandictionary xD

But yeah, I know there are no servers in Spain or South/Central America, but it does surprise me there is no Spanish client. Spanish is the second-most popular language in the world, after all.

Thing is, most of them dont need a fully voiced translation, just text translation which wouldnt cost EA/Bioware that much.

it's not just player gear - it's comp customs as well.

Sometimes I have to Ctrl+Click the custom a 2nd time to get it to preview....

and there are times some of them DON'T EVEN WORK AT ALL! Just has their weapon show up - no armor, no body parts....nada, just a weapon.

It's been over a year now and in all the posts and threads I have seen on this I have not seen a single dev answer this very simple question; WHY IS THIS NOT FIXED YET!!!

Can we just get an answer please? patch after patch comes out and never anything about this. Is it being looked at? is it considered unimportant? or iis it just so low on BW's priority fix list that it's just totally ignored?

I hate making complaint threads but this one has gone on long enough wouldn't we all agree? :cool:

Bro they haven't even fixed Quesh huttball yet. Despite the fact it's a significant exploit.

Why would they care.. they clearly dont.

It doesn't make them money

Good point - I wonder what kind of impact this is having on their CM sales. I know there are times I've passed on items because I couldn't preview them first, and I ain't droppin' money on a potential disappointment like that.

Me too, I'm not wasting credits on a gamble!

Yeah, I'm quite sick of this bug too. It's gone on long enough ffs. Everytime I read about these kinds of long running issues I want to put on a drill sergeant hat, march onto the bioware floor and start beating trash cans, flipping over desks, and cancelling all lunches, breaks, and holidays til they fix it along with everything else LOL.

When I came back to game I wondered why this was still a thing. Used to happen often back in the day and still happens often enough to be annoying. Especially since toon appearance is obviously such a big thing in this game. I didn't know how prevalent it was til I read your post. Your friend has a good point.

it's not just player gear - it's comp customs as well.

Sometimes I have to Ctrl+Click the custom a 2nd time to get it to preview....

and there are times some of them DON'T EVEN WORK AT ALL! Just has their weapon show up - no armor, no body parts....nada, just a weapon.

This happens to me every day as well. Never heard anyone else talk about it, so had no idea this was happening to everyone.

Bump Bump Bump (as long as there is no answer, this thread should always be at the top)

and totally agreed

whenever the bug appears I just think to myself "what?! still no fix?!", a second later "yeah, whatever, didn't think so" and another second later *closes and reopens the preview window, fingers crossed that it workss this time* le sigh