Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Learning New Schematics Through Reverse Engineering BUGGED?

Enkidu_Uruk

I'll join the ***** n moan grp.

Learned schematics from RE is getting utter ridiculous. So trying to get the critical assault shotgun schematic and have REed 15 friggin assault shotguns with ZERO discoveries and yet when REing some combat boots on my armormech I get 3 in a row. If the RNG is going to be the core of crafting discoveries then there needs to be a fix at better more stable discoveries as this is just getting ridiculous.

If the RNG is going to continue then at least up the mats returned from REing. Takes 6 desh or whatever grade one metals and only get 1-2 back with RE, make it 75% or at the minimum 50% of the mats back.

Professions should be fun not an utter PITA and right now I'm feeling that professions are a complete waste of time with minimal returns and only bring a damn headache.

Considering that the Purple recipes are not super fantasic as it is, this becomes a huge money sink without a reward for doing so. Run a FP and get comparable or better gear, use commedations get better gear.

Its like they designed a broken crafting system so you wouldn't craft.

No feedback to the player, a pattern be damned there still should be a failsafe.

Been trying to get a Blue stim and purple medpac all day.

No go.

What level are you.

I have had no problems what so ever to get any of these. Usually 1- 4 greens will give a blue schematic, then 1-2 blues will give a purple schematic.

Try to close your game completely (not simply relog) and try again. It helped me.

I've reversed engineered roughly 40-50 items (20+ of one type, 20+ of another) since patch with ZERO schematic discoveries. I can't tell if this is a bug or not, but it's a huge drain on expensive resources and now makes crafting pointless, at least for me. These are greens I'm RE looking for blue schematics, and I have never had this problem before. I was able to keep myself geared prior to this patch, now I can't be bothered to craft if schematics are this difficult to find. It's cheaper for me to simply buy equipment than make my own.

It's really RNG base. I procced a level 22 defense enhancement for my boyfriend after three blue REs. Took me well over 15 for mine. 400 artifce level 50.

Edit: level 22 is the highest you can go with enhancemnt, mods, hilts. Just wanted to clarify.

Edited by Sathla

It would be nice to know if others are experiencing a decreased success with RE blues to purples.

I am experiencing a lower chance to get a purple from a blue than a blue from a green. Not tried since the most recent patch though because I have given up on trying to get purple recipes, it's just not worth the time/resources for a minor increase over the blue one.

That's pretty funny ... The game has been out for 2 weeks now and people are hoping to have everything like if it was 1 year that it was running...

First of all I think the RE is not bugged... broken... or any other words you could use... Fairly simple to understand...

The drop rate of the Artifact materials you need to craft it is almost as low as the number of RE you need to craft it... You get more Artifact materials ??? WOW <==== You just found a way to make more money for your crafting...

Second... From my experience ? I have more than 15 Purples already... (I'm only 23) Did it cost me a lot of money ??? Yes it did... I even had to create a second character to make more money cause I was broken to the point I couldn't even fly on an other planet... Is it frustrating ??? Indeed it is... But why would I be mad to such a system ?

That only means that the only ones crafter that will have the purples will be the devoted crafters...

Third... If it's a % change... let's say 1%... That means that EVERY TIME your RE and throw that 100 face dice... You have the same chances EVERY TIME your try to RE an items... So it's not because you did it 200 times that you have more chances on the next roll to have it...

Last... Like many people said... This game is meant to run for YEARS if you're already 50... And know nothing about the quests... Or did only PVP to level... Well do you know that you actually missed the biggest part of the work on that game ? The role play in missions the choices you can make... The difference in quests if you select this or that option ?

I hope BioWare will just leave it like it is...

People should try to enjoy the games instead of just trying to break it or complain about things... Yeah I get my *** handed to me over and over in PVP ... do I call "NERF THIS CLASS" because of that ? No I enjoy zapping the other clans with my lightning (Can't say republic cause with Huttball I also Zap guildies from time to time ;) )

If there is a PROPER BUG... (People getting stuck on Taris... Displaying items properly on the GTN... Missing Scheme for Synthweavers and maybe others...) then you should take time to report it in a nice manner...

But hey ... Our society makes it that everyone want everything... NOW...

Edited by pSyToR

Last... Like many people said... This game is meant to run for YEARS if you're already 50... And know nothing about the quests... Or did only PVP to level... Well do you know that you actually missed the biggest part of the work on that game ? The role play in missions the choices you can make... The difference in quests if you select this or that option ?

I can agree with this statement. However, from the amount of activity on this subject and from my own personal experience there does in fact seem to be an issue or "nerf" to RE-ing. If it was changed deliberately that's fine with me. If it is a new bug introduced in the last patch that's fine with me too. Any MMO is an incredibly complex system with many moving parts, these things happen. My issue is that there should be some sort of acknowledgement from Bioware regarding the issue.

A simple "We hear you, we didn't change anything but we'll look into it." or "Yeah, we tweaked it because we felt that the blue/purple schematics were coming too easily." or even "Nothing was changed, it's exactly the same now as it was before, sorry you're all having streaks of bad luck." Would be great.

Especially concerning Vibro Knives and Scatter Guns... Those do not seem to RE at all. Is this intended or a bug? Some insight would be really nice.

Until then, RE at your own risk/expense.

I haven't had any trouble RE sch but I don't sit their and do over 5 at a time. Than go gather, quest or shop. Than do five more and it hasn't taken more than 15 to get the next level sch. Got a new purple item for my sin and it didn't take over 20 re to get from green to purple. Took me longer to crit on ut mission to get the silk I needed to craft the item. I have several purples receipes and every armor piece he has, is purple and crafted by him. I never had slicing as a crew skill either. So if its broken its probally just for certain people or maybe bad luck.

I haven't had any trouble RE sch but I don't sit their and do over 5 at a time. Than go gather, quest or shop. Than do five more and it hasn't taken more than 15 to get the next level sch. Got a new purple item for my sin and it didn't take over 20 re to get from green to purple. Took me longer to crit on ut mission to get the silk I needed to craft the item. I have several purples receipes and every armor piece he has, is purple and crafted by him. I never had slicing as a crew skill either. So if its broken its probally just for certain people or maybe bad luck.

I envy you so much :(

Hey guys I noticed increases in my RE rates when I tried re'ing differant componants at the same time as opposed to just tryng 6 of the same ones. Just something I noticed give it a try. Sometimes they droppef on the second try.

I discovered this by re'ing comp. that didnt sell on the galactic.

I have noticed a significant decrease in the RE numbers, especially for blue to purple items.

I have to say, I have spent (approximately) enough to buy the first speeder skill and a lot of decent gear just on mats and gathering missions, and I currently have absolutely no schems above blue. Not that I don't mind, because it is leveling my skills up a lot, but it would still be nice to reap some payoff from all of this, as low-end schems don't make much in the player economy.

Edited by JDevarin

Hey guys I noticed increases in my RE rates when I tried re'ing differant componants at the same time as opposed to just tryng 6 of the same ones. Just something I noticed give it a try. Sometimes they droppef on the second try.

I discovered this by re'ing comp. that didnt sell on the galactic.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been having the same trouble it seems recent too. My crafting in artifice is at 400 and I am level 41. I have been trying to pop some blue enhancements that are useable at 43 with no luck. I have tried about 50 times on the same green enhancement. I wanted to get a head start so at 43 I could fill all of my slots.

I guess this game is all about racing to 50 and then trying to twink out a character instead of enjoying the ride.

I thought crafting was supposed to save and make you money in the long run not cost you more.

It cant be random there needs to be a limit on RE. How can an item have a stable value when for one person it cost 5k to make and another person it cost 100k.

The time tables need reduction. It takes 30 min to gather materials, then another 4 if its green to make. Blue and purple take 25-35 min to make and I have spent days trying to roll purple materials. These days I don't really play anymore, I simply log in and put my crew to work and watch a movie. I refuse to rush through the game cause they didn't think before creating the crafting system.

The way it could be revised:

10 greens max before blue, 5 blues max before purple.

Gathering missions take no longer then 15 min

It should never take more then 3 min to build any spec.

This should be implemented on modding professions as they have way more stuff to make to keep up with leveling. It would obviously be unfair for armor building since they are virtually filling all slots with one item. But the RE should apply across the board.

It seems with this we could keep our items somewhat up to date.

Its a great system and fun but needs work.

While I did have some bad luck with my purple procs I do not want the system simplification. A bit of increase on the proc rate -sure! Maybe bring it to 10% for items post lvl 40 as atm it seems like the chance is around 1-2% max. Crafting is WAY too easy in the game as it is (says a person who played Aion and was a master crafter there :p) but then again, leveling is so fast you do NOT need to upgrade your equip to top level because you outlevel it in a day or two. No fun.

After lvl 30 I stopped trying for purple enhancements simply because they just give +1/3 points compared to blu and those are very easy to get.

I did try to make some lvl 47 enhancements though. Procceb blue on may be 5th (that is the average I had on all the procs) but after 40th blue-> purple attemp just quit. I decided I will just wait a bit and get lvl 50 purple upgrades for free later on. Simple as that.

And I totally do not understand why ppl craft armours. With freely available moddable items AND freely available mods for said items armour / weapon crafting is kinda dead. You may need a belt / bracers now and then but aside from that? Nice models? Meh, too few of those and so far all them are FP obtainable.

So, in the end, the present system (with extremely high exp gain and the availability of lvl 50 purple items for commendation) completely kills the need to strain yourself with attempts to RE blue-> purple.

P.S. In addition, all the TOP crafts (enhancements 25 etc) schematics are already purple and can be obtained from nightmare operations.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.