Is the Operations Group Finder Broken?

Kaveat

170707 - Is the Operations Group Finder Broken?

- Showing EC for today, but no expiration timer or next OP in rotation as usual.

• Shadowlands

170708 - Operations Group Finder Broken- Please Fix Before Reset /Maintenance

- It would seem that this one slipped under the radar.

The working theory is that since they are releasing the next encounter for VMG (which should have been today's GF OP) on Tuesday, whatever spadework was already done in prep for it broke groupfinder.

1) Murphy

2) Unintended Consequences

3) Even Dev's fail at RNG

Dev's" Please do more with Public Testing (as opposed to exclusive /private invite testing) before changing anything in the live servers.

Edited by Kaveat

Dear Bioware,

Thanks for breaking GF for Operations, depriving your subscribers of their extra CXP for the GF and of course any CQ points. It's not like it wasn't showing up weirdly all day with no next day Op so if you monitored your own game, you'd have known something was wrong.

Thanks, no thanks.

Dear Bioware,

Thanks for breaking GF for Operations, depriving your subscribers of their extra CXP for the GF and of course any CQ points. It's not like it wasn't showing up weirdly all day with no next day Op so if you monitored your own game, you'd have known something was wrong.

Thanks, no thanks.

They dont care, they only care about CM.

It will be fixed with next patch in few days :)

I'm assuming that the calendar was not planned this far in advance because BioWare expected 5.3 to release much earlier, which would have added the new schedule to the in-game calendar. It's not the first time this happened; I think last time it happened with conquest or something. Though I don't get all the fuss; the group finder reward is really minor, so just run a SM ops without GF. Edited by Jerba

I'm assuming that the calendar was not planned this far in advance because BioWare expected 5.3 to release much earlier, which would have added the new schedule to the in-game calendar. It's not the first time this happened; I think last time it happened with conquest or something. Though I don't get all the fuss; the group finder reward is really minor, so just run a SM ops without GF.

It's mostly for conquest, I believe. For some guilds, this is a big deal.

I'm assuming that the calendar was not planned this far in advance because BioWare expected 5.3 to release much earlier, which would have added the new schedule to the in-game calendar. It's not the first time this happened; I think last time it happened with conquest or something. Though I don't get all the fuss; the group finder reward is really minor, so just run a SM ops without GF.

GF Operation is 6,000 - 9,750 depending on your SH bonus; 48,000 to 78,000 for a guild run (not to mention alt/lockout runs). That's not "really minor".

Edit: I am, of course, talking about Conquest points. Not a big deal for everyone, but a lot of players do care about it, and this is a pretty significant blow to those that do.

Edited by masterceil

on a busy weekend with everyone on they break GF? Why is the game framework so fragile? Dev's must be on vacay.

So they give us a prorated credit on our sub then? how about $5 CR to each sub?

What?! A $5 credit to sub because you can't queue a SM Ops in GF? I've seen it all now. lol

There is this thing, like some do still when the Op isn't op of the day, that they pug in fleet for the Op they want to do... :rolleyes:

There is NO reason they should credit anyone anything for that. Now if game was down I could understand more, but they don't even do it then when the game is down for a whole day. lol

Plus I'm not sure where you're from but it's just a normal weekend stateside. Nothing special going on. That was last weekend.

What?! A $5 credit to sub because you can't queue a SM Ops in GF? I've seen it all now. lol

There is this thing, like some do still when the Op isn't op of the day, that they pug in fleet for the Op they want to do... :rolleyes:

There is NO reason they should credit anyone anything for that. Now if game was down I could understand more, but they don't even do it then when the game is down for a whole day. lol

Plus I'm not sure where you're from but it's just a normal weekend stateside. Nothing special going on. That was last weekend.

Weekend before a major update is usually pretty busy. People getting back into the game, warming up for the new ops boss, etc.

it is just like if the pvp wz que was broken. Minor problem, right?

it is just like if the pvp wz que was broken. Minor problem, right?

Not sure if bait or not but hey I'll bite:

Yes it's still a minor problem. There are a few who only play pvp in this game & you can't form a PvP queue outside on fleet & walk in a warzone but it's not game breaking for a day or two to have it down. And no where near reason enough to demand a $5 credit to the game.

But comparing WZ to Ops well that's honestly comparing Apples to Oranges.

Not sure if bait or not but hey I'll bite:

Yes it's still a minor problem. There are a few who only play pvp in this game & you can't form a PvP queue outside on fleet & walk in a warzone but it's not game breaking for a day or two to have it down. And no where near reason enough to demand a $5 credit to the game.

But comparing WZ to Ops well that's honestly comparing Apples to Oranges.

you can always meet other pvpers in a pvp instance, nothing stopping you. I dont want $5, just to aknowledge the problem and tell us when they plan to fix it.

Well my bet is that its broken because of the new ops boss in 5.3 and some weird thing because it was supposed to be Tyth today. If so we may have a normal operation GF tomorrow, if not well something is going to be fixed in 2 days.

Do you even look at the Conquest tab in the game? If you did then you'd know this is a ridiculous statement to make for this week.

6k pts - Using GF to enter OP.

2k pts - Complete OP with weekly taken from terminal.

2k pts - ToS is supposed to be today's OP according to old calender.

X pts - Undetermined amount as it's based off an individuals SH bonus (up to 125% currently).

For those that are in guilds, especially those that make the board, each of their toons they get personal goal with get both rewards and not having access to OP GF when the pts are that high, is a HUGE deal. It isn't a minor thing, not when so many of the options this week are one-off's. We use the OP GF ability to do lock-outs to increase our guild score but also to get many of our personal toons their weekly personal goal.

Yes its broken. Things get broken before new major patch. FYI to those whom are new. As Julie Chen on CBS's reality show host says on Big Brother... "Expect the unexpected!". Also since the Dev TRacker is silent since Friday 7-7-17. I don't forsee it getting fixed anytime soon. Count on Biofail's maintenance window to be extended! :rolleyes:;):D Edited by shdwgrndGlider

For those that are in guilds, especially those that make the board, each of their toons they get personal goal with get both rewards and not having access to OP GF when the pts are that high, is a HUGE deal. It isn't a minor thing, not when so many of the options this week are one-off's. We use the OP GF ability to do lock-outs to increase our guild score but also to get many of our personal toons their weekly personal goal.

It wasn't hard to get toons to 20k this week. I got it on 5 toons within the first couple days.

As for competition, everyone was handicapped in the same way. So it's more of a minor inconvenience than the huge deal you make it out to be.

Note that you could still enter the ops phase and do ToS last boss runs without GF.

Edited by Eli_Porter