Returning Player seeking mature social/PVE/PVP/space PVP guild

absufan

Hello everyone! I’m returning to SWToR to give it another chance. I’ve been having a blast during my 7 day referral period, and will be subscribing when it ends. So I’m beginning the process of looking for a guild.

A bit about me… I’m in my 40’s and I’m a single parent. My 19 yr old son lives with me. He’s also into gaming (plays SWToR too), so we play most nights. I’d describe my playstyle as a very enthusiastic casual player. I want to do well in my activities, but it’s important to me to keep things light hearted and fun. I don’t have patience for ongoing negativity or rudeness.

I’m looking for a mature guild who is social by nature, but dabbles in a bit of everything. I’m not looking for a “hardcore” experience in any one area of the game, but want to enjoy all facets of it. As a child of the 70’s, I’m a big Star Wars fan. So I’m very much into the main story lines of the classes and the overall Star Wars universe. I also enjoy conquering high level group content, but have never done any of the higher level Flashpoints or any Operation. I tend to really like to PVP, but am not one to get into it at an intense level.

Though I play on a RP server, I don’t tend to participate in RP outside of simply playing in character. To be honest, I usually just type in full sentences with proper grammar, not actually “in character”. That’s not to say I wouldn’t try it. I guess I just have not come across a situation I was comfortable with doing so yet.

It would also be a huge plus if the guild had the following:

- some structured events to participate in, even if it’s just a couple of times a month. I’m willing to lead and teach others once I get to the place where I know the content myself.

- a guild on both sides of the alliance. Republic and Imperial, as I intend to play all stories.

This has gotten a bit longer than I intended, so I'll stop here. Thank you for stopping in to check out my post!

Vert

Edited by absufan
typo

Hello Vert, and Welcome back to the game!

I'd like to submit Pax Republica for your consideration. We are a Republic guild first and foremost. We have an alt Guild for Imp side (with a completely different name) but in full disclosure we rarely schedule events with it. We use it mostly for the XP bonus for raising imp toons or when there are Imperial only achievements we want to go after. Generally speaking our most active members are in evenings and late nights (on Friday/Saturday) and schedule our events split between Eastern and Central time. We do have a few European members who typically outside those hours, but we pride ourselves in the fact they they regularly participate in our schedule even though it is 3-5am for them.

We tend to be a friendly guild and partner with others. We used to be more hard core towards Hard-Mode/Nightmare Mode OPs, but many folks got burned out. We recently started to recruit new members again and many of us have been revitalized by the enthusiasm of the new and returning players we have met.

As an example here is this week's schedule which we post in our Discord channel.

Events for Week of July 4th <-- PvP+FP-oriented Conquest Target: 20.000 per Char / Planet: Yavin 4

1) Tuesday FP-Night (all One-Time-Conquest-Points!) 4 PM / 7 PM (2 rounds)

2) Wednesday Ravagers GF-OP with Conquest-Bonus 7 PM (only Level 70)

3) Thursday Open-World-PvP-Conquest-Objectives and Yavin Walker-Boss

4) Friday BoTH PVP all night! 7+ PM (European player earlier)

5) Saturday Tyth GF-OP 6 PM (free for all) / 16-men-HM-OP with Guardians 7 PM (only if spare places)

6) Sunday Temple of Sacrifice GF-OP with Conquest-Bonus 7 PM (free for all)

7) Monday "Your wish is our command"-Day So be creative, dear members!

Here is our formal recruitment thread. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=808935

We still maintain our website for now. http://pax-republica.guildlaunch.com/ If you want to poke around to see the type of peeps you are dealing with. However since the widespread use of Discord went mainstream, that has usurped our website as the best way to reach us. (Other than in game of course hehe)

Whatever you decide, it pleases me to see another player returning to the game. I hope to see ya around the galaxy!

iolo'Pax

Greetings Vert!

And welcome back!

There are many great guilds which serve in certain specialties-- some being more all around instead of specializing! I would do some research by going to the Guild recruitment posts on this thread to find out more about each guild. Visiting their enjins also help a lot.

As for Celestial Argonauts/Dreadnauts:

We average 10+ players online on a given day and night from West/Central/Eastern U.S., South America, Australia, philippines, New Zealand, and Germany!

We have weekly planetary runs that are organized by dedicated officers, including cadet officers! Emphasis is placed on conquest and 1 or 2 days dedicated to doing PvE content such as OPs or FPs. We are not ultra hardcore or tier NiMs right now but we're very social both in-game, on our forums and on our discord. We put the "fun" in dysfunctional family!

We do also seek to form our own squadron of space PvPers. We have the willing officers but need the recruits! Most our PvP is in warzones and the occasional run-in while doing some outpost raids during planetary runs.

We also hold a special rank each faction, "kenpachi" which is given to only 1 player per faction which to take such a title away would mean to challenge that person and win in a duel!

Our weekly actions are posted in news format each week to help keep us all informed ^^ but more so than me talking feel free to check out our website!

http://www.cacd.enjin.com

or a direct link to our guild promo: http://cacd.enjin.com/forum/m/41664907/viewthread/29243705-celestial-argonauts-rp-pve-pvp-retrodynamic