Leveling To 70: Alts/Side Toons

YakBoiman

I recently had a dilemma when finishing the Sith Inquisitor story; do I really want to take this toon to 70, or does it even make a difference in the end? I won't use him in OPS or FPS and I'm certainly not going to suffer end game with them. But then again it could help overall with credits and alliance crates, plus swtor will add more level caps (that's just what they do). So in spite of this, I wanted to ask the forums is it worth leveling alternatives to 70? Let me know before I do anything I'll regret. :D

It depends on if you have done one of each main class so you can get the buffs for completing the class stories and companion stories.

Except that you don't need to reach level 70 for that. In fact, there isn't a *level* goal for that at all. It's all predicated on your story progress.

And yeah, OP, two main points:

* Future content that you might want to do on a currently-not-max character will require that character to be max level.

* You could just play and not worry about the level *as such*, and the level will arrive eventually. Get to level 61 and run the heroics churn to get the Alliance crates, and the character will reach level 70, and it won't take all that long.

But don't, as was said above, do stuff *to* reach level 70. Do stuff to get crates, to gather resources, to collect achievements, to collect datacrons, to see weird corners of the galaxy, and so on, and you'll reach level 70 whether you want to or not.

Except that you don't need to reach level 70 for that. In fact, there isn't a *level* goal for that at all. It's all predicated on your story progress.

And yeah, OP, two main points:

* Future content that you might want to do on a currently-not-max character will require that character to be max level.

* You could just play and not worry about the level *as such*, and the level will arrive eventually. Get to level 61 and run the heroics churn to get the Alliance crates, and the character will reach level 70, and it won't take all that long.

But don't, as was said above, do stuff *to* reach level 70. Do stuff to get crates, to gather resources, to collect achievements, to collect datacrons, to see weird corners of the galaxy, and so on, and you'll reach level 70 whether you want to or not.

I was just generalising about making alts.