The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Regarding the untitled han solo film

t-darko

"The untitled Han Solo film will move forward with a directorial change.

“Phil Lord and Christopher Miller are talented filmmakers who have assembled an incredible cast and crew, but it’s become clear that we had different creative visions on this film, and we’ve decided to part ways. A new director will be announced soon,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm.

“Unfortunately, our vision and process weren’t aligned with our partners on this project. We normally aren’t fans of the phrase ‘creative differences’ but for once this cliché is true. We are really proud of the amazing and world-class work of our cast and crew,” stated Phil Lord and Christopher Miller.

The untitled Han Solo film remains scheduled for a May 2018 release."

So...

They retconned almost the entirety of pre-existing EU material in order to give directors "creative freedom," and then when a couple of directors exercised said creative freedom in the wrong way, Kennedy stepped in with an iron fist to replace them. Sounds legit.

I mean, I don't know exactly what happened, but this is the image we're left with from what little was said in official statements.

So...

They retconned almost the entirety of pre-existing EU material in order to give directors "creative freedom," and then when a couple of directors exercised said creative freedom in the wrong way, Kennedy stepped in with an iron fist to replace them. Sounds legit.

I mean, I don't know exactly what happened, but this is the image we're left with from what little was said in official statements.

From what I've read, it was friction between them and Kasdan. They wanted to make Han a nice, family friendly funny character, but the character design from the beginning (until a certain princess gets involved) is "sarcastic and selfish"

Take with grain of salt of course.

I think it's safe to say though this will not be lego star wars the movie minus lego (there was some concern about that)

"The untitled Han Solo film will move forward with a directorial change.

“Phil Lord and Christopher Miller are talented filmmakers who have assembled an incredible cast and crew, but it’s become clear that we had different creative visions on this film, and we’ve decided to part ways. A new director will be announced soon,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm.

“Unfortunately, our vision and process weren’t aligned with our partners on this project. We normally aren’t fans of the phrase ‘creative differences’ but for once this cliché is true. We are really proud of the amazing and world-class work of our cast and crew,” stated Phil Lord and Christopher Miller.

The untitled Han Solo film remains scheduled for a May 2018 release."

I hope they switch actors. Dude portraying a young Han looks nothing like him. Come On Disney & Hollywood there is some one out their in the world that looks like a young Harrison Ford.

Personally i wont see this one, it will change how i see Han in the Original films and i do not want that so. They should drop this film.

From what I've read, it was friction between them and Kasdan. They wanted to make Han a nice, family friendly funny character, but the character design from the beginning (until a certain princess gets involved) is "sarcastic and selfish"

Take with grain of salt of course.

I think it's safe to say though this will not be lego star wars the movie minus lego (there was some concern about that)

If the bolded is true, Kasdan is in the right.

Since this is a prequel it should be a more rogueish version of Han, like we see in A New Hope. That's also the version of Han that fans liked. RotJ Han was not as entertaining.

Creative Differences, Han Solo as the family Guy, Really? Why would they, anybody want to do it any differently then how he was when we all caught up with him long ago on Tatooine? Now we've all seen a bunch of part 5 and 2's, 9 or whatever number they keep Reusing and quite a few have been "I did it my Way" Director/Writer ways. Rarely do they ever satisfy (at all for some) like the original we all know and expected to see. I did read his books long ago and I do know his script was Nice'nd up a bit from how it was originally written. So those lay out a fairly complete guide as to who he was before he met up with Obi-wan and Luke. There's still a lot of room in those examples as how to write his character and persona. Han Shot 1st is another in the original. I hope they don't forget that when they try to write him in some trendy, feelings and such kinda way.

I hope they switch actors. Dude portraying a young Han looks nothing like him.

Actually, I would probably be inclined to disagree. I don't think the casting choice is totally horrible, and "way out there". I'm sure that with a little bit of dirtying and "roughing" up the guy might look a little more roguish.