Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Death of the Lightning Sorc

Icykill_

I posted this in the Sorc forum, thought I'd share it here too given the subject.

--------------

If any DPS spec in the game should have strong self heals it should be Sorcs. I'm not a big fan of DPS with strong self-heals, but in the case of Sorcs it makes a great deal more sense given their strong connection to the force. Far from nerfing them, they should have increased their self-heals.

Ohh yeah, where is it written that only Snipers should have 35' attack range among rDPS? Give Lighting 35' range [although not the DOTs, but the straight up attacks]. The only range limitation lightning strikes in real life have is the ground! Given the level of their DPS, that would at least give them some edge and probably in and of itself be something of a DPS buff. [5' more can give them targets they couldn't otherwise reach at range. ] A lot easier to kite when you are out of gap closer range. If the DPS was high I wouldn't advocate it, but, otherwise at their projected DPS values, I don't think it would be too much. Give them some edge at least.

*** I can see it now....a month from now I'll be getting my stupid Marauder *** lite up from Lightning strike, and won't be able to leap to the caster and I'll be kicking myself in the *** for suggesting it =p

I agree that DPS Sorcs should have the best self-heals, rather than mercs, as sorcs have light armor and it makes sense due to the force connection.

As for 35 m range, Lightning sorcs already do have it. It's still not very helpful due to low base damage of the abilities. I would trade the 5m difference for more damage any day.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that DPS Sorcs should have the best self-heals, rather than mercs, as sorcs have light armor and it makes sense due to the force connection.

As for 35 m range, Lightning sorcs already do have it. It's still not very helpful due to low base damage of the abilities. I would trade the 5m difference for more damage any day.

LoL, especially when I'm usually inside 15m when I'm fighting

Or closer. Close-combat-Sage ftw! Anyway it's more important to be close to an LoS object and in range of enemy healers, than your actual cast range. Only hypergates sometimes is annoying here...

Meh, this nerf is a pain. I overall hoped for a dmg buff for turbulence, so this easy to shut down mega cast finally hits worth its downsides... instead first step is to nerf my offheal. :'X

Or closer. Close-combat-Sage ftw! Anyway it's more important to be close to an LoS object and in range of enemy healers, than your actual cast range. Only hypergates sometimes is annoying here...

Meh, this nerf is a pain. I overall hoped for a dmg buff for turbulence, so this easy to shut down mega cast finally hits worth its downsides... instead first step is to nerf my offheal. :'X

Sage/Sorc melee without lightsabres

That's why the developers should have INCREASED damage taken by Static Barrier / Force Armor, not reduce it, as they've announced.

Letting this combat team balance this way, who don't seem to actually play the game or understand the class dynamics and interactions, is like asking non-athletic mathematicians tell you how to play and give tactics in football(soccer).

Edited by Icykill_

I am baffled by this - the entire class will be now destroyed. Who would want to play an awesome character who gets beaten like a kid in the sand box? Neither lightning nor madness and now corruption will be meaningfull to play. We sorcs will be just a bunch of idiots with a deathwish in the arena. I already see the chat - "Hahahaha look at that dumb person,let's kill him 1st so we can get easy kills for the scoreboard!" and stuff like that.

Why our class is in the bottom for nearly a year? Isn't the idea of balance to make every class to be competitive and the final output who wins to be decided on skills and gear?

I hope for some reasonable changes. I am still hoping posts like this and the section - Sorcer be opened and read.

I am baffled by this - the entire class will be now destroyed. Who would want to play an awesome character who gets beaten like a kid in the sand box? Neither lightning nor madness and now corruption will be meaningfull to play. We sorcs will be just a bunch of idiots with a deathwish in the arena. I already see the chat - "Hahahaha look at that dumb person,let's kill him 1st so we can get easy kills for the scoreboard!" and stuff like that.

Why our class is in the bottom for nearly a year? Isn't the idea of balance to make every class to be competitive and the final output who wins to be decided on skills and gear?

I hope for some reasonable changes. I am still hoping posts like this and the section - Sorcer be opened and read.

Also try posting in the Sorc class thread about these changes as they are likely to see them more

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=925537

Also try posting in the Sorc class thread about these changes as they are likely to see them more

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=925537

I can't understand how anyone in their right mind could possibly think nerfing their self heals was prudent and a good idea. DPS sorcs should have the best self heals of any DPS specs in the game, hands down.

I can't understand how anyone in their right mind could possibly think nerfing their self heals was prudent and a good idea. DPS sorcs should have the best self heals of any DPS specs in the game, hands down.

Doesn't seem to stop the trolls in a few other threads from telling us we are crying for no reason.

Doesn't seem to stop the trolls in a few other threads from telling us we are crying for no reason.

they are Merc players i bet............. afraid that they get nerfed soon and that Sorcs might end up stronger if the crying goes through the devs Thick head finaly one day.....

This whole 5.3 class balance fiasco is proving to the community that the Old Bioware "Heavy Handed Nerf em till they Leave" policy is alive and well. Anyone playing a Sorc class right now has 3 basic options:

1) Find a new Game.

2) Keep on playing and be treated like a second class player.

3) Re-Roll another class and abandon the class that you may love.

Enjoy your options. :(

This whole 5.3 class balance fiasco is proving to the community that the Old Bioware "Heavy Handed Nerf em till they Leave" policy is alive and well. Anyone playing a Sorc class right now has 3 basic options:

1) Find a new Game.

2) Keep on playing and be treated like a second class player.

3) Re-Roll another class and abandon the class that you may love.

Enjoy your options. :(

I suspect we will still see Sorcs in decent numbers in regs. I've never seen a class with a more loyal and unyielding player base than people who main Sorcs. Peeps loveeeeee their sorcs.

I suspect we will still see Sorcs in decent numbers in regs. I've never seen a class with a more loyal and unyielding player base than people who main Sorcs. Peeps loveeeeee their sorcs.

90% of them are healers.....

I hate dot spec classes... but I love my Sorcs... I just respec'd to madness in preparation of it getting a buff, I'm hoping the "little" bit of extra dps will off set the whole class self healing nerf

Still extremely sad about my Lightning Sorcs.

then i must be dreaming :eek:

sorc ad pvp first 3 sorc's was nr 1 2 and 3 place over 2 mil damage

but some1 told me already about a glitch/bug in on off there skills that can make them do a lot off damage

but i let BW look into that

always wonder why there so many sorcs in the field :confused:

and not any OP merc maby 1 XD

so far i see ad the red eclipse a lot off sorcs in pvp atm

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.