Largest Cartel Market weapons sale of the year is now live! Check it out before August 27! ×

This game engine is actually good

After seeing the M Andromeda's visuals and those strange bugs/errors I'm actually grateful to BioWare for not changing SWTOR's engine (hero engine) its looks great for my taste, because Frostbite 99 etc not going to change anything, Combat is good, story is awesome (in my opinion) , agent's voice actor is a music to my ears and romances are top quality for a T rated game. I'm not trolling, I just noticed how good swtor is, because we are so busy looking at AAA games , paying our hardearned dollars to them without any question asked, my brainless college "friends" pre-ordering games on Steam like everyday and they have shiny macbooks or whatnot.

This is the SWTOR, this is not GW2 with shiny visuals and certainly not WoW with 15 years old mobile graphics.

I'm HAPPY with what it is, so please devs, continue to add small changes into the engine (like adding detail levels, lana looks great now) but do NOT change anything in terms of graphics. because its good (again, in my opinion)

I love this game:sy_inventory:

Wait...was that...something positive about this game...? In OUR forums!? :eek:

In all seriousness, though - I agree. Personally I love the way this game engine looks. Some of the environments you explore--oh, what am I saying - practically every environment--is gorgeous. Look up at the sky while you're in Zakuul's swamp - or on Darvannis - or Odessen at night. Alderaan, Tython (I only recently was able to run this game with ultra graphics, and Tython just about made me cry from the sheer beauty), Coruscant, Balmorra, Korriban... so many beautiful places to visit and explore.

I like the art style of this game, too. It's cartoonish enough that the characters don't dip straight into the uncanny valley (*cough* Andromeda, Horizon Zero Dawn), but realistic enough so that it doesn't look like a Loony Tunes production. :p

Thank you, devs, for doing a lot of hard work to make sure this game engine keeps going. It's very much appreciated.

From what I've heard, Frostbite has proven to be a terrible engine to work with for RPGs. There were reports it just could not support the renderer they used, a lot of the inventory mechanics, and so on.

It honestly stuns me that EA would require all their games be done on Frostbite. It just seems... odd to me? I don't get the point.

That said, BioWare couldn't just 'change the engine' if they wanted to. I know you're not supporting it anyway, but it's important to point out.

You can't just change engines.

You have to essentially remake the whole game.

Edited by jedimasterjac

After seeing the M Andromeda's visuals and those strange bugs/errors I'm actually grateful to BioWare for not changing SWTOR's engine (hero engine) its looks great for my taste, because Frostbite 99 etc not going to change anything, Combat is good, story is awesome (in my opinion) , agent's voice actor is a music to my ears and romances are top quality for a T rated game. I'm not trolling, I just noticed how good swtor is, because we are so busy looking at AAA games , paying our hardearned dollars to them without any question asked, my brainless college "friends" pre-ordering games on Steam like everyday and they have shiny macbooks or whatnot.

This is the SWTOR, this is not GW2 with shiny visuals and certainly not WoW with 15 years old mobile graphics.

I'm HAPPY with what it is, so please devs, continue to add small changes into the engine (like adding detail levels, lana looks great now) but do NOT change anything in terms of graphics. because its good (again, in my opinion)

I love this game:sy_inventory:

Sorry but this engine isn't good you know they are running a very early alpha version that is so butchered it can't be classed as the Hero Pre Alpha build any longer . This engine is crumbling at all points when running MMO mass based stuff even 16M content isn't smooth and you try and run 24M multi group pvp on Oricon or any other planet your PC will jam up and almost explode. It's a wonderful game but the engine is what's pushing the game into the dark corners of the galaxy the limitations are showing and that is very clear ohh and DX9 lol

It's good for running a game.

It's bad for running an MMORPG

Yes it would be great for a single player game i would 100% agree but once you get into the MMOPRG it's a damm waste of a quality game all to an engine that has let us down.

From what I've heard, Frostbite has proven to be a terrible engine to work with for RPGs. There were reports it just could not support the renderer they used, a lot of the inventory mechanics, and so on.

It honestly stuns me that EA would require all their games be done on Frostbite. It just seems... odd to me? I don't get the point.

That said, BioWare couldn't just 'change the engine' if they wanted to. I know you're not supporting it anyway, but it's important to point out.

You can't just change engines.

You have to essentially remake the whole game.

there new game looks very good on the frostbite if it plays good to that we all must see :)

here a preview :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQhbHwkMSA4&t=201s

an for me this game stile looks very good ok ok its not black desert online

but stile it look dam amazing for a older game

Everyone saying this game *looks* beautiful is kinda missing the point. No one said that it isn't beautifully designed, the visuals are drop dead gorgeous. It's just that the game becomes a literal slideshow if you ever get around 20 people using their abilities on screen. I remember back in the old days when OWPvP was alive, it would go as low as 5 FPS for a simple 20v20 game.

No one is denying that the look of the game is astounding. But we came here to view it as a game not as a slideshow.

Heavily modified prealpha engine is trash lol

gw2 upgrade there gw1 engin and it runs very smooth for gw2

its for me the only game i can get over 100 fps

here if am lucky i get 60 fps but stile this game runs 10X beter then other games i try like tera online

that game is so bad optimized

I think you don't understand it... You can make an RPG or any other type of the game on any game engine.

If I am right Frostbite supports level streaming, which let's you have big seamless levels.

As for gameplay stuff like an inventory... it is just an array of data which can be done on any engine or programming language.

The "MMO" part is another thing, it needs special network library/api to support huge amount of players and data at once, which I'm pretty sure EA/BioWare can buy or make their own.

The current branch of the HeroEngine lacks a lot of modern features, mainly the lack of x64 support and outdated 3D api (DirectX 9) are the reasons of fps drops, glitches and various limits.

gw2 upgrade there gw1 engin and it runs very smooth for gw2

its for me the only game i can get over 100 fps

here if am lucky i get 60 fps but stile this game runs 10X beter then other games i try like tera online

that game is so bad optimized

Yes, they did upgrade (replaced, more like) the engine when they went from GW1 to GW2, but GW2 is a whole new game. Upgrading / replacing the engine in an existing game (e.g. going from SWTOR/Hero to SWTOR/Frostbite or whatever) is a non-starter. SWTOR1/Hero => SWTOR2/Otherthing is something to look at...

I don't understand... I wish this game could look like Anthem. Mass effect Andromeda looks pretty damn good. Just not the faces and the silly bugs they have. But the world and everything else looks a 100x better than this ever will.

I can't wait to see Solas again in the next Dragon age with the improved frostbite engine. :rak_03:

I don't understand... I wish this game could look like Anthem. Mass effect Andromeda looks pretty damn good. Just not the faces and the silly bugs they have. But the world and everything else looks a 100x better than this ever will.

I can't wait to see Solas again in the next Dragon age with the improved frostbite engine. :rak_03:

Do you really ? ...after the failed horrific attemt at ME : Andromeda ? ...do you really want to see how they butcher the egg head ?! ...honestly...i am scared ... it is probably going to be "Alistair in DA 2 smashed up failed plastic surgery"

all over again :(

Do you really ? ...after the failed horrific attemt at ME : Andromeda ? ...do you really want to see how they butcher the egg head ?! ...honestly...i am scared ... it is probably going to be "Alistair in DA 2 smashed up failed plastic surgery"

They got Patrick Weekes, it's gonna be okay. Lots of elaborate plumage, though.

I'm fairly scared they might pull a Witcher and get rid of companions in the next game entirely, however.

Wait a minute...are they considering changing the game engine at some point?? Im planning on getting a better gaming pc this year and i am hoping that my machine can hold its own if BW switches the engine. Hopefully it won't happen anytime soon.

Wait a minute...are they considering changing the game engine at some point?? Im planning on getting a better gaming pc this year and i am hoping that my machine can hold its own if BW switches the engine. Hopefully it won't happen anytime soon.

i really doubt EA would invest that much $$$ into this game ... but 98% sure you wont have any problems with your new pc

:D

The faces in anthem look pretty freaking awesome. "From what we've seen" That said, a different team will be doing DA(I)2 adding it'll be called that, lord knows. Montreal doesn't really exist anymore in the way that they did for ME:A. The Initial faces looked good though, they just made it worse after.

I believe my Solas will look super sexy! And my Raleigh Samson, which I hope will be a romance companion as there was no way to kill him.:rak_03:

Edited by Eshvara

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.