Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Male Force User companion...

Spyderwoman

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes: now that you mention it, a miraluka companion would be a nice move for the male force-user. We're so accustomed to a romance where the man tells our girl that she's beautiful, but a miraluka who sees us with the Force would have a very different point of view on what that means. Probably in a very swoon-worthy way. :o Edited by Estelindis

FEmale/Male smuggler companion that's completely neutral.

While my trooper would love Jaxo back, she's dead so I started dating Dorne.

I'd like to see a comp like Doc, but only with Bruce Campbell as the voice and let him write a bunch of the lines. The man is comedy gold!!

New HK droid...like say HK -100 and when you dismiss him he says "I'll be back" or "Hasta la vista"

For those who let Vette die at the end of KOTET, bring her sister in to confront your character. You can either recruit her or kill her.

Can I get a Gibbs-slap emote so I can use it on C2? PLEASE?!?!?!?!?!

Fix the freaking courting gifts for those who are supposed to Favoite them but the tooltip say no influence and you get no thing from giving them to those toons.

And no, characters who can die depending on decisions aren't out of the running :)

Keep the great ideas and discussion coming!

So, SWTOR is Dragonball Z. might as well add 7 holocrons in the game,and when collected and brought together, summon a force spirit that can grant 3 wishes.

I am still appalled that you and the rest of the design team actually took away companions and had no plan in place for returning them. That was just total incompetence, there is no other way to describe it. You had perfect places in the story to bring almost all of them back, just as part of the story and totally blew it off. If that was your choice, Charles, you should own up to it and then figure out how to make amends.

I'd suggest retconning 4.x and 5.x right out of the game. They are both terrible (and the more I look at them, the worse they look.) I have one character who has done all of it. And of the 50ish characters I have, only that one will EVER do all of 4.x and 5.x. I will never start any of it on another character and those in the middle will never finish it.

I pretty much agree with the sentiment, if not the tone of the post. As more of my characters' husbands and wifes return to the game, I'll probably have to slog through KotFEET again to get access to new/returning comps, which I'm so not looking forward to.

More on-topic:

Lord Scourge.

While I do like him, I don't want him as a romance option. It certainly could be made to make sense, storywise, BUT did the female knight ever have a single Flirt-option with him? Sure, he didn't have emotions back then, and maybe he could now that the Emperor is spacedust, but if the knight never showed any romantic interest towards him, why would she now?

I highly doubt it's even possible to go back to the original storylines to add in Flirt options and suitable reactions.

Romancing Scourge or any other previous companion/character that has not been an option to at least flirt with from the start would just seem weird to me.

FemKnight: Oh hi, WB Lord Scourge!

Scourge: Omg, FemKnight! I'm so happy to see you again!

FemKnight: We have so much catching up to do, after we massacre this bunch of malfunctioning droids!

Scourge: Droids, huh, okay. We can talk while we turn them into scrap metal.

Scourge *slashing up droids*: So, uh, it's been a few years, not that it's much seeing as I'm immortal, but it probably feels like a long time for you, huh?

FemKnight: Yeah, but I met some new awesome people, so it wasn't all bad. Just mostly bad.

Scourge: Oh, anyone special?

FemKnight: Yes/No/Why?

Scourge: *shrugs* Just making conversation.

FemKnight: Weelll.... there was this one guy I kinda liked. But he stole my ship because the greater good for the whole galaxy wasn't good enough for him.

Scourge: Go on.

FemKnight: And Theron Shan. You remember Theron, right? I kinda like him. He's cute and competent.

Scourge: What about Doc?

FemKnight: Pff. I think he dumped me in my absence. I haven't seen or heard anything from him. Did you kill him or something?

Scourge: That would be beneath me. But, are you saying you're available?

FemKnight: Err...

Scourge: ...?

FemKnight: What are you trying to say? Ask, I mean?

Scourge: Weeelll... *goes a darker shade of red* I'm capable of feeling stuff again.

FemKnight: Oooh that's awesome! So you want romance advice? Who's the lucky girl? Or guy, or being?

Scourge: Err.... *slashes off a droid's head* ...You..?

FemKnight: *laughs* ....oh. Wait, you're serious?

Scourge: *mutters* This was a bad idea.

FemKnight: Err... I'm sorry if I sent that kind of signals anywhere along the line. I never felt any chemistry between us. Did you?

Scourge: *lops an arm off a droid* I didn't feel anything at all back then.

FemKnight: Exactly. And since I knew you weren't interested, and I had a thing with Doc (which I regret, but you live and learn, right?) I never saw you in that light.

Scourge: And now?

FemKnight: *thinks, while tossing her saber to sever a powerline which EMPs all the remaining droids* Nope. Sorry. I just can't think about you as anything other than a trusted advisor. And besides, there's Theron.

Scourge: Satele Shan's son. Eww. But I suppose you're right. After not feeling anything for hundreds of years I suppose I wanted to explore the possibility of something more than friendship with someone I already know.

FemKnight: Hmm. Shame Kira's still MIA. But maybe Lana? She might be interested in a little fling to get you back in the groove. Or this new friend I met. Vette - she used to hang out with another Emperor's Wrath, so she should be able to handle your antics.

Scourge: Oh cool! Is she cute?

...okay, I got a bit carried away. But still, I'd prefer a brand new companion over an old one who wasn't romanceable or even flirtable in the original class story. That would put all classes on even footing, without anyone having previous history for either good or bad. :)

I pretty much agree with the sentiment, if not the tone of the post. As more of my characters' husbands and wifes return to the game, I'll probably have to slog through KotFEET again to get access to new/returning comps, which I'm so not looking forward to.

More on-topic:

Lord Scourge.

While I do like him, I don't want him as a romance option. It certainly could be made to make sense, storywise, BUT did the female knight ever have a single Flirt-option with him? Sure, he didn't have emotions back then, and maybe he could now that the Emperor is spacedust, but if the knight never showed any romantic interest towards him, why would she now?

I highly doubt it's even possible to go back to the original storylines to add in Flirt options and suitable reactions.

Romancing Scourge or any other previous companion/character that has not been an option to at least flirt with from the start would just seem weird to me.

FemKnight: Oh hi, WB Lord Scourge!

Scourge: Omg, FemKnight! I'm so happy to see you again!

FemKnight: We have so much catching up to do, after we massacre this bunch of malfunctioning droids!

Scourge: Droids, huh, okay. We can talk while we turn them into scrap metal.

Scourge *slashing up droids*: So, uh, it's been a few years, not that it's much seeing as I'm immortal, but it probably feels like a long time for you, huh?

FemKnight: Yeah, but I met some new awesome people, so it wasn't all bad. Just mostly bad.

Scourge: Oh, anyone special?

FemKnight: Yes/No/Why?

Scourge: *shrugs* Just making conversation.

FemKnight: Weelll.... there was this one guy I kinda liked. But he stole my ship because the greater good for the whole galaxy wasn't good enough for him.

Scourge: Go on.

FemKnight: And Theron Shan. You remember Theron, right? I kinda like him. He's cute and competent.

Scourge: What about Doc?

FemKnight: Pff. I think he dumped me in my absence. I haven't seen or heard anything from him. Did you kill him or something?

Scourge: That would be beneath me. But, are you saying you're available?

FemKnight: Err...

Scourge: ...?

FemKnight: What are you trying to say? Ask, I mean?

Scourge: Weeelll... *goes a darker shade of red* I'm capable of feeling stuff again.

FemKnight: Oooh that's awesome! So you want romance advice? Who's the lucky girl? Or guy, or being?

Scourge: Err.... *slashes off a droid's head* ...You..?

FemKnight: *laughs* ....oh. Wait, you're serious?

Scourge: *mutters* This was a bad idea.

FemKnight: Err... I'm sorry if I sent that kind of signals anywhere along the line. I never felt any chemistry between us. Did you?

Scourge: *lops an arm off a droid* I didn't feel anything at all back then.

FemKnight: Exactly. And since I knew you weren't interested, and I had a thing with Doc (which I regret, but you live and learn, right?) I never saw you in that light.

Scourge: And now?

FemKnight: *thinks, while tossing her saber to sever a powerline which EMPs all the remaining droids* Nope. Sorry. I just can't think about you as anything other than a trusted advisor. And besides, there's Theron.

Scourge: Satele Shan's son. Eww. But I suppose you're right. After not feeling anything for hundreds of years I suppose I wanted to explore the possibility of something more than friendship with someone I already know.

FemKnight: Hmm. Shame Kira's still MIA. But maybe Lana? She might be interested in a little fling to get you back in the groove. Or this new friend I met. Vette - she used to hang out with another Emperor's Wrath, so she should be able to handle your antics.

Scourge: Oh cool! Is she cute?

...okay, I got a bit carried away. But still, I'd prefer a brand new companion over an old one who wasn't romanceable or even flirtable in the original class story. That would put all classes on even footing, without anyone having previous history for either good or bad. :)

You might not want it, and that's fine, you don't have to do it, but there are many of us, myself included that would dearly love to have Scourge as a romantic interest, and just because you don't want it, doesn't mean that the rest of us should have to suffer for it. As always, you have the option not to romance someone if you don't want to.

So, SWTOR is Dragonball Z. might as well add 7 holocrons in the game,and when collected and brought together, summon a force spirit that can grant 3 wishes.

It's just that a lot of characters that can die, didn't die in everyone's version of the story. Should they not have a chance to romance them in their version of the story?

Vaylin died for everyone, it's not like Charles is going to bring her back for us to romance. That would be dbz, not the former.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see why it's so hard for others to understand what Charles means.

Edited by Eshvara

You might not want it, and that's fine, you don't have to do it, but there are many of us, myself included that would dearly love to have Scourge as a romantic interest, and just because you don't want it, doesn't mean that the rest of us should have to suffer for it. As always, you have the option not to romance someone if you don't want to.

Ok.

This is the third version of a reply I'm attempting to write. Maybe this one won't be caught in my self-censorship.

I'm sorry my post for some reason rubbed you the wrong way.

I expressed my opinion on the matter at hand. You have yours. Both are just as valid.

If Charles decides who our new possible pixel boyfriend is based on popular opinions in this thread, I'm sure you have less to worry about than I do.

Ok.

This is the third version of a reply I'm attempting to write. Maybe this one won't be caught in my self-censorship.

I expressed my opinion on the matter at hand. You have yours. Both are just as valid.

If Charles decides who our new possible pixel boyfriend is based on popular opinions in this thread, I'm sure you have less to worry about than I do.

I'm just surprised you didn't feel any undercurrents in the Jedi and Scourge relationship. I guess if a character doesn't interest you, you're not going to look very hard, but I thought it was pretty romantic - especially after having Doc inflicted upon me.

Compared to the other romance arcs in the game, I can't think of any of them being more dramatic than having someone wait 300 years for you because they saw your face in a vision and then tell you how much they long to feel again. Someone should write that YA novel, they'd be rich.

I'm just surprised you didn't feel any undercurrents in the Jedi and Scourge relationship. I guess if a character doesn't interest you, you're not going to look very hard, but I thought it was pretty romantic - especially after having Doc inflicted upon me.

Compared to the other romance arcs in the game, I can't think of any of them being more dramatic than having someone wait 300 years for you because they saw your face in a vision and then tell you how much they long to feel again. Someone should write that YA novel, they'd be rich.

Valid points. It's been a very long time since I played the Jedi Knight class story. I didn't remember those parts you brought up, but I do remember the Knight didn't seem romantically interested in Scourge at all. Maybe I was wrong about that, too?

I'd still prefer to have a completely fresh pixel boyfriend, though. ;)

Ok.

Don't get people wrong, you're free to voice your opinion if you don't like it! It's like you said before one opinion isn't any more valid than the other. Some people don't want to Arcann to become a li and some don't want lord scourge to become one. I'm heavily on team Arcann but I know there's going to be people who do the like him/it/the idea.

That said, I didn't find anything romantic about the knight/scourge story.(sorry girls) Maybe I'm dense, or I'm not looking as hard but there was nothing there in that sense. Unless it's romantic in a different way like some people find adventure romantic.

Some people have said this about Arcann as well as the story being romantic, I can't say I agree. It was a very personal story and imo pretty deep and sensitive, but he didn't "swoon" for me not did my toon for him, even though I would have really liked it. It just wasn't there. And maybe that last letter that Arcann send you may have Implied something, it didn't necessarily have to and at that point it probably didn't.

As much as I'd like to be biased with the Arcann stuff and how it was romance, it really wasn't.:rak_03: abut it'd be awesome if it was.

AND I WANT IT TO BE IN THE FUTURE!!!!:rak_04:

Does this go for both genders? As it was all male/female from when the game went live. I only played a female knight so I don't know if the relantionship you build with scourge is the same for both of them given he wasn't a LI to begin with.

But what was or wasn't there doesn't matter, he could be a pretty good LI and if they write it well, I don't see why he shouldn't be, given he gets to feel again.

Edited by Eshvara

Out of all the companions and characters in this game...i honestly only care about 3 of them...Arcann ( ofc <3 ), Theron and Scourge. Having said that, i get how the JK could be fascinated by Scourge but my problem is with something that Scourge said .. " he feels nothing, taste nothing..." , and i get the feeling he has absolutely no desire for a romantic relationship, heck..i dont see him wanting any kind of relationship at all . And even if you could undo it....would'nt you be killing him ? ...isin't that how immortality works ? if you undo it ...age gets the better of you and eventually you...die ? :(

Ofcourse i would like for him to have a happy ending...i just dont see it :confused:

That being said! I would deff redo my knight to romance him if it was possible :p

Edited by Milishor

And no, characters who can die depending on decisions aren't out of the running :)

Oh lord I'm getting my hopes up for Lord Cytharat (for guys because gay canon), we already got a kiss from him if we went for it come on BW!

Since there is a ton of strictly strait characters, I'd be down for more strictly gay ones too.

Edited by Kiesu

I agree with this and thought that Scourge's dialog was full of innuendo. Many times it felt to me like Scourge was being purposefully teasing. His conversations frequently discuss desire and not denying yourself pleasure, and he expresses quite clearly how much he wishes to be able to feel again. I mean, listen to this guy:

"Would be worth anything."

Or how about this one, (one of my favorites) where he tells the knight how holding back from the things you desire only causes more emotion to surface, not less:

"Thwarted longing."

I get the impression that if Scourge could feel again, he would gladly make all those lessons in Sith philosophy much more...err...tangible. :D Just because the knight wasn't offered any flirt responses, doesn't mean that some of us didn't want them!

I understand that not everyone would want to romance Scourge. But why not let us choose by at least allowing the option?

Ok.

I'm sorry if it seemed that I was annoyed or rubbed the wrong way, I wasn't. I'm just very passionate about Lord Scourge and really want him as a romanceable companion. I'll never understand why people say, 'don't do this' because there is the choice for them, not to do it, so it wouldn't affect them. I for one would be very happy if I got Scourge for a romance.

I never said your opinion was invalid. I just didn't like it. :D

Honestly, I'm not holding my breath about getting him. I'm extremely hopeful, but in reality, I've been disappointed many times before, and have had to learn not to get my hopes up too much in this game.

Out of all the companions and characters in this game...i honestly only care about 3 of them...Arcann ( ofc <3 ), Theron and Scourge. Having said that, i get how the JK could be fascinated by Scourge but my problem is with something that Scourge said .. " he feels nothing, taste nothing..." , and i get the feeling he has absolutely no desire for a romantic relationship, heck..i dont see him wanting any kind of relationship at all . And even if you could undo it....would'nt you be killing him ? ...isin't that how immortality works ? if you undo it ...age gets the better of you and eventually you...die ? :(

Ofcourse i would like for him to have a happy ending...i just dont see it :confused:

That being said! I would deff redo my knight to romance him if it was possible :p

That's pretty much how I feel about Scourge and the idea of romance. I also got the impression that there was no way to reverse what was done to him by the Emperor and keep him alive (since he should've died looooooong ago without what the Emperor did). Master Ranos in her dialog says there's a rumor going around about Scourge trying to find a 'cure' for his condition, but even she admits it's just a nice story and who knows if it's true.

Me personally, I'm not interested in a Scourge romance; I liked the relationship of reluctant ally of circumstance and advisor Scourge had with my Knight toons just as it was! But I don't begrudge anyone wanting a Scourge romance themselves... different strokes for different folks, that's fine! I feel the same way about an Arcann romance--not personally interested in it myself, but hey, if they put it in the game, I know it'll make a lot of other players happy, and that's just fine with me!

Edited by AscendingSky

Putting in a few options would be the most desirable fix for this oversight. Female characters already have a lot less flirt, romance, and one night stand options than males even in the basic storylines, and the lack of a male force using companion who is romanceable would help start to amend the shortfall.

I'd love to see at least one that is female only.. as pointed out earlier, male characters have multiple options while female characters have zero. So ideally I'd like to see -several- new options (not all force users necessarily) for the female characters (fleshing out existing partial romances for instance), but I'll take the bone of having one. ;) Multisex options would be great too, -in addition- to at least one female only option preferably.

I fall pretty heavily on team Arcann, and would love to see Scourge as a choice. It'd be awesome if this was a priority.. we've been waiting a long time. ;)

Putting in a few options would be the most desirable fix for this oversight. Female characters already have a lot less flirt, romance, and one night stand options than males even in the basic storylines, and the lack of a male force using companion who is romanceable would help start to amend the shortfall.

I'd love to see at least one that is female only.. as pointed out earlier, male characters have multiple options while female characters have zero. So ideally I'd like to see -several- new options (not all force users necessarily) for the female characters (fleshing out existing partial romances for instance), but I'll take the bone of having one. ;) Multisex options would be great too, -in addition- to at least one female only option preferably.

I fall pretty heavily on team Arcann, and would love to see Scourge as a choice. It'd be awesome if this was a priority.. we've been waiting a long time. ;)

Completely agree with the entire post.:rak_03:

Edited by Eshvara

Arcann would be the best choice, especially for the Jk, but for all classes as well. A romance between the son of Vitiate and the one who killed him, is an opportunity for some good emotional storytelling. It also has an opportunity to create a legacy as popular as Revans or the Skywalkers.

Edited by cool-dude

Arcann would be the best choice, especially for the Jk, but for all classes as well. A romance between the son of Vitiate and the one who killed him, is an opportunity for some good emotional storytelling. It also has an opportunity to create a legacy as popular as Revans or the Skywalkers.

Arcann grosses me out though. Anyway to rez his brother? Even still, not that into those guys. :(

I'd feel pretty darn awesome to be with the son of the emperor.:rak_03: Whatever happens, I can't imagine the work that goes into setting this up, especially as they don't do the romance cutscenes anymore. Back in kotet Arcann and Senya just seemed to replace Theron and Lana at some points in the chapter, wonder how they'll go about it the next time!

We appreciate it Charles.:rak_03:

I'd feel pretty darn awesome to be with the son of the emperor.:rak_03: Whatever happens, I can't imagine the work that goes into setting this up, especially as they don't do the romance cutscenes anymore. Back in kotet Arcann and Senya just seemed to replace Theron and Lana at some points in the chapter, wonder how they'll go about it the next time!

We appreciate it Charles.:rak_03:

Charles is probably giggling mischievously right this second, reading these posts little do we know what he might have planned. He's cruel, gdi! :p

Also, on a slightly related note, just think/imagine we might have RPed with Charles all along, and we just never realized it. I know you all have had some pretty awesome RP partners, I can't be the only one!

Charles is probably giggling mischievously right this second, reading these posts little do we know what he might have planned. He's cruel, gdi! :p

Also, on a slightly related note, just think/imagine we might have RPed with Charles all along, and we just never realized it. I know you all have had some pretty awesome RP partners, I can't be the only one!

I never rp'd in swtor or anywhere really, so I don't think I have. :p

I agree, and not just because I love Arcann. ;)

It gives a lot of room for his redemption and there's quite a bit of personal development available there too.

@Eshvara - Arcann Fan Club power! ;)

@Lunafox - I totally support there being several options available! Variety is good.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.