Keith! You continue to amaze!

Darkside

Some of the responses in this thread are truly just shameful and full of cringe. It really makes me wonder how some of you can function in the real world, especially considering the apparent lack of social common sense, decorum and etiquette you have. Keith did an amazing thing for a member of the community, and no one should be jealous, but rather excited for her that we have a producer that is doing something positive for once.

He didn't have to do anything, or interact in any way whatsoever, but he did. And that speaks volumes about him! Instead the socially inept trolls among us want to ensure that any positive action is rewarded with negativity garbage (in my opinion fueled by adolescent jealously). How about everyone grow a thicker skin, be kind, and appreciate the things that we do get as a bonus from Keith and friends, cause I would argue that Keith is trying more than any previous person in his role ever did.

Not shameful at all, I feel no shame whatsoever towards my posts here.

Unless you are referring to the posts trying to censor the dissenting opinions, that truly is shameful and I agree with you, but somehow I doubt that is your intent.

Its not about jealousy, it is about right and fair and starting as you mean to continue.

I believe that Keith is the best hope that TOR has but not if he blunders into amateur mistakes like this one.

"Be careful of charity and kindness, lest you do more harm with open hands then a clenched fist."

Kreia

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not shameful at all, I feel no shame whatsoever towards my posts here.

Unless you are referring to the posts trying to censor the dissenting opinions, that truly is shameful and I agree with you, but somehow I doubt that is your intent.

Its not about jealousy, it is about right and fair and starting as you mean to continue.

I believe that Keith is the best hope that TOR has but not if he blunders into amateur mistakes like this one.

"Be careful of charity and kindness, lest you do more harm with open hands then a clenched fist."

Kreia

You want to quote things? Allow me to quote your earlier response to my post calling you out on your hypocrisy in decrying 'special treatment' towards someone else and then turning around and demanding it for yourself:

Yeah thats right.

This is not some moral crusade, I don't care to take on that fight because it is a losing battle.

As you said yourself, this is 'not some moral crusade'. This is about sour grapes, jealousy, and wanting free stuff for yourself. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't try to dress yourself up as holding the ethical high ground when you've already admitted it's not the morality you're interested in here.

Edited by AscendingSky

That's the thing, though, she never asked for it, therefore she wasn't being entitled.

This is clearly not true.

She mentions it herself and Keith says outright that someone has asked for this on her behalf.

She admits later in the vid that the person asking is a Bioware employee which means at some point she had to have told this guy/girl she wanted this set.

This is clearly not true.

She mentions it herself and Keith says outright that someone has asked for this on her behalf.

She admits later in the vid that the person asking is a Bioware employee which means at some point she had to have told this guy/girl she wanted this set.

Telling someone that you want something in-game =/= demanding it for free out of a sense of entitlement. I mean, I really want (just to pick random examples from my white whale list) the Manned Blaster Turret decoration from Colicoid War Games, the Statue of the Oriconian Warrior from Dread Palace, or the Massive Anti-Aircraft Turret from Explosive Conflict, because they're practically unobtainium with how rare they are, but me saying that to someone doesn't translate into "I think I'm entitled to this for free, GIMMIE!!!" It's just me saying I would like to have these things, because I do! Nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by AscendingSky

I do.

Obviously.

And I would love to know the circumstances behind this "gesture".

I mean how can I go and ask for the set that is my white whale and just get it like that, got to be easier than working for it. (btw its not Tulak Hord if anyone cares, I have that)

Get over being a kid, and being jealous, it does not become you nor anyone else. I loved it myself. :)

You want to quote things? Allow me to quote your earlier response to my post calling you out on your hypocrisy in decrying 'special treatment' towards someone else and then turning around and demanding it for yourself:

As you said yourself, this is 'not some moral crusade'. This is about sour grapes, jealousy, and wanting free stuff for yourself. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't try to dress yourself up as holding the ethical high ground when you've already admitted it's not the morality you're interested in here.

Its not jealously. I am not jealous, angry sure, annoyed hell yes even disappointed a little in Keith.

Like everyone in this world I am out for what I can get, I make and have made no secret of that, I am not a hypocrite this is my goal.

I would rather this have not happened at all but now that it has you can be damn sure I will go after my piece of this because that is the only way of resolving it.

The fair thing to do is remove that armor set from that player and apologize to everyone for granting it in the first place but who would ever trust that it was removed, I sure as hell wouldn't and I bet not many would. So to achieve parity I want my own expensive set of armor gifted.

I will say again if the armor cannot be removed (and no one can trust that it has anyway) then the only fair recourse is to grant every player the armor set of their choice. As this is absurd I am not willing to fight this battle.

So I will fight my own personal battle and see what I can get out of this fiasco.

Its not jealously. I am not jealous, angry sure, annoyed hell yes even disappointed a little in Keith.

Like everyone in this world I am out for what I can get, I make and have made no secret of that, I am not a hypocrite this is my goal.

I would rather this have not happened at all but now that it has you can be damn sure I will go after my piece of this because that is the only way of resolving it.

The fair thing to do is remove that armor set from that player and apologize to everyone for granting it in the first place but who would ever trust that it was removed, I sure as hell wouldn't and I bet not many would. So to achieve parity I want my own expensive set of armor gifted.

I will say again if the armor cannot be removed (and no one can trust that it has anyway) then the only fair recourse is to grant every player the armor set of their choice. As this is absurd I am not willing to fight this battle.

So I will fight my own personal battle and see what I can get out of this fiasco.

Decrying alleged 'special treatment' when someone else gets it, and then in the next breath demanding the same 'special treatment' yourself, is the very definition of hypocrisy.

You should probably edit that part out, cause I don't think people will be able to read this thread through the tears of laughter.

Edited by Darkside

Telling someone that you want something in-game =/= demanding it for free out of a sense of entitlement. I mean, I really want (just to pick random examples from my white whale list) the Manned Blaster Turret decoration from Colicoid War Games, the Statue of the Oriconian Warrior from Dread Palace, or the Massive Anti-Aircraft Turret from Explosive Conflict, because they're practically unobtainium with how rare they are, but me saying that to someone doesn't translate into "I think I'm entitled to this for free, GIMMIE!!!"

I am not against this player, if this situation plays out she could end up being as much a victim as the rest of us.

I doubt that it is likely but it is possible.

No the screw up is Keith's first and then whoever this mysterious Bioware Employee that asked for this gift to be given second. Unless the requester is Keith's superior then Keith is absolved as well.

Maybe the player asked for the stuff from her friend, maybe not, I don't condemn that, I would do exactly the same and leverage the relationship for all its worth but you cannot ever act on these requests and remain "clean"

I can see why she got this stuff and has friends at Bioware, she is a Very Beautiful, Cute and looks like she has a very beautiful Heart. if she didn't then i doubt she would have any friends at Bioware, especially getting any gifts from them.

Hell Bioware i'd love to see a Stream of you guys just giving some streamer a Thousand by Thousands of Cartel coins to people like her, she seems like a very beautiful person on the inside and was actually hope the Bioware team would just say, hell; lets just giver her everything til' she passes out.

It is Awesome to see a person that is happy. These are the Moments that i live for and want to have Paid for. There is Never enough love and happiness to see in this world anymore. We need to take the Love that we can get, while any of us can get it.

I am not against this player, if this situation plays out she could end up being as much a victim as the rest of us.

No the screw up is Keith's first and then whoever this mysterious Bioware Employee that asked for this gift to be given second. Unless the requester is Keith's superior then Keith is absolved as well.

Maybe the player asked for the stuff from her friend, maybe not, I don't condemn that, I would do exactly the same and leverage the relationship for all its worth but you cannot ever act on these requests and remain "clean"

You can say that (especially the highlighted part) in all sincerity, and then think you can turn around and try to claim to be the authority on what's 'ethical' or 'fair'? Seriously?! Your moral compass is pretty whacked out, mate.

Edited by AscendingSky

Your the Grinch, right?? You have to be lol

You should probably edit that part out, cause I don't think people will be able to read this thread through the tears of laughter.

Why.

I would rather this never happened, its a **** storm and not a good thing in any way at all.

But I am a opportunist.

I can't put the genie back in the bottle but I can try and profit from its release.

Then the problem is you, and your own pettiness for not being able to let something go. Might I suggest you go outside, try living life, or maybe grant a random act of kindness? Not everything is about getting free stuff. So what, if that was "the most expensive armor set" in the game. I couldn't care less about that, nor should it be part of the argument in this thread.

It is too bad no one here will address the real issue the huge credit exploits that created this insane economy. Now new and retuning players do not have a snowballs chance in hell of getting anything that has high interest because 50,000,000 yes MILLION credits (that is low compared to the 90 - 100M I have seen) is completley out of reach for the average player. This makes me and I am sure others feel that there is no point in even bothering with a big part of what SWTOR has to offer. I personally will not by CC to purchase gambling packs because that is a direct result of how the game Devs have used this rarity scam and high pricing to entice players to spend thier real money in the hope of getting what they want. When I first returned to the game I was shocked to see the pricing of items at 4 to 5 million yet I was able to meet that pricing with a few weeks of effort but now you can take half a year to earn the same buying power and that just keeps a huge part of this player base on the sidelines.

Then the problem is you, and your own pettiness for not being able to let something go. Might I suggest you go outside, try living life, or maybe grant a random act of kindness? Not everything is about getting free stuff. So what, if that was "the most expensive armor set" in the game. I couldn't care less about that, nor should it be part of the argument in this thread.

Fair is fair is fair.

The point of this does not just go away because you dislike my motives for pointing it out.

There is a little mercenary in all of us, some more so than others, I am just honest about it.

Might I suggest you stop making sweeping assumptions about me and my life that you know nothing about the arrogance to assume you know me based on this thread is astounding.

Don't be so naive.

Expense is the main reason this matters.

Someone who is saved and saved and still cannot afford or is not willing to pay the ridiculous prices for the Hord set sees this and how do you think they will feel about it.

I guarantee you at some level there is resentment and a underlying feeling that this situation is not fair, admitting it is another matter.

It is too bad no one here will address the real issue the huge credit exploits that created this insane economy. Now new and retuning players do not have a snowballs chance in hell of getting anything that has high interest because 50,000,000 yes MILLION credits (that is low compared to the 90 - 100M I have seen) is completley out of reach for the average player. This makes me and I am sure others feel that there is no point in even bothering with a big part of what SWTOR has to offer. I personally will not by CC to purchase gambling packs because that is a direct result of how the game Devs have used this rarity scam and high pricing to entice players to spend thier real money in the hope of getting what they want. When I first returned to the game I was shocked to see the pricing of items at 4 to 5 million yet I was able to meet that pricing with a few weeks of effort but now you can take half a year to earn the same buying power and that just keeps a huge part of this player base on the sidelines.

100% correct here.

Out of reach as you say, for so many players......

Yet one player is just handed this.

How anyone can see that as fair is beyond me.

Don't be so naive.

Someone who is saved and saved and still cannot afford or is not willing to pay the ridiculous prices for the Hord set sees this and how do you think they will feel about it.

I guarantee you at some level there is resentment and a underlying feeling that this situation is not fair, admitting it is another matter.

Not everyone's soul is full of the same amount of bitterness and spite as yours seems to be. Some of us don't view the world with a "kriff you, got mine" mentality. Some people are actually capable of being happy for someone else experiencing good fortune rather than seething silently that said good fortune didn't happen to them instead.

Fair is fair is fair.

The point of this does not just go away because you dislike my motives for pointing it out.

There is a little mercenary in all of us, some more so than others, I am just honest about it.

Might I suggest you stop making sweeping assumptions about me and my life that you know nothing about the arrogance to assume you know me based on this thread is astounding.

And you weren't making any assumptions about everyone? I, for one couldn't give a rats *** about getting free stuff.

Don't be so naive.

You're making more assumptions there, unless you are talking about F2Pers, but they shouldn't even be part of this discussion because they're already playing the game for free.

Everyone can afford it, it's just few are willing to save up. I can make another assumption, that someone might want the set, but is unable to save up for it. It takes willpower not to splurge on the GTN, and it is difficult, trust me, I know!

I myself have made my first 12 mil (yes, I know that's nothing in the grand scheme of things) in the whole time the game has been running. It's definitely possible for anyone.

Edited by TyonYlle

Not everyone's soul is full of the same amount of bitterness and spite as yours seems to be. Some of us don't view the world with a "kriff you, got mine" mentality. Some people are actually capable of being happy for someone else experiencing good fortune rather than seething silently that said good fortune didn't happen to them instead.

Maybe, doubtful but maybe.

Not the point thou is it and you are letting yourself be distracted by my motives rather that focusing on the issue.

You're making more assumptions there, unless you are talking about F2Pers, but they shouldn't even be part of this discussion because they're already playing the game for free.

No, facts.

I have had this discussion about GTN prices and white whales with many people both past and present.

These two examples, can't afford it and not willing to pay that price, are not assumptions.

Edited by QuinlanSaathis

Maybe, doubtful but maybe.

Not the point thou is it and you are letting yourself be distracted by my motives rather that focusing on the issue.

The issue is the fact that none of us are being hurt or even affected AT ALL by this woman being given some free pixels--including those of us like me who spent no small amount of in-game currency to buy the Tulak Hord set ourselves--and yet you and a few other individuals are acting like this is some kind of huge game-breaking scandal because YOU didn't get free stuff, SOMEONE ELSE did, and therefore the sour grapes and the GIMMIE attitudes have come out in force.

If you honestly are incapable of being happy for someone else experiencing good fortune and getting an unexpected gift that cheers them up... then I honestly pity you. I can't imagine being so poor in spirit, self-centered in mind, and hard in heart myself. It must be a very bleak and unfulfilling existence.

I officially no longer feel bad for you losing your guild name. Sounds like karma was at work there.

Edited by AscendingSky

The issue is the fact that none of us are being hurt or even affected AT ALL by this woman being given some free pixels--including those of us like me who spent no small amount of in-game currency to buy the Tulak Hord set ourselves--and yet you and a few other individuals are acting like this is some kind of huge game-breaking scandal because YOU didn't get free stuff, SOMEONE ELSE did, and therefore the sour grapes and the GIMMIE attitudes have come out in force.

If you honestly are incapable of being happy for someone else experiencing good fortune and getting an unexpected gift that cheers them up... then I honestly pity you. I can't imagine being so poor in spirit, self-centered in mind, and hard in heart myself. It must be a very bleak and unfulfilling existence.

I officially no longer feel bad for you losing your guild name. Sounds like karma was at work there.

What if the item had been the Wings of the Architect instead?

A full set of decorations?

or what if having done it once, Keith gives her the next "request" she makes.

What will it take before your outrage button is pushed?

*Edit*

I only just saw that last sentence.

That is petty and a little hurtful but whatever, I have come to expect that here.

Edited by QuinlanSaathis

What if the item had been the Wings of the Architect instead?

A full set of decorations?

or what if having done it once, Keith gives her the next "request" she makes.

What will it take before your outrage button is pushed?

There is not a finite amount of pixels in the world. Her getting a virtual object doesn't prevent someone else from getting said virtual object. Her having the Tulak Hord set now doesn't take away the Tulak Hord set I already have.

THIS IS JUST A GAME. NONE OF THE THINGS IN THE GAME ARE REAL. HER GOOD FORTUNE DOES NOT TAKE ANYTHING AWAY FROM YOU, REAL OR VIRTUAL.

Find some source of fulfillment in your life before it's over. Spending it in a constant state of misanthropy won't make you happy.

Edited by AscendingSky